Twinsandme #25 Forget the twinnies as long as I get my tinnies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sure she is away again tomorrow night on a hen , poor single mother mehole shes out every weekend or away

Reactions: 7
Yep. I think the undertaker took the piss. The church had bottles of water and tissues for everyone in the first 3 rows. All paid for by us of course.
We were warned by someone before we went to funreal home etc to be very careful that you can get carried away with emotions and things can be some what pushed on you that when you get the bill you are shocked so we were prepared by no way were we mean but at the Same time we were sensible. Even tbe announcement on local papers can run into hundreds we put it on one once and to be honest people check RIP.IE more .

• Sad
Reactions: 3
This has been an eye opener. We have a family plot already thank god.
My parents are elderly but thankfully I have small policies on them to cover these costs but from listening to you all I may need to have a back up plan.

God I'm really sorry to those who have had to go through funeral planning and the burden of the cost. I had no idea how much they would cost! 😮

Reactions: 2
Each to their own but would she not change out of the scruffy leggings and jumper when she’s away in a hotel for the night.

Reactions: 5
7k here for basic funeral nothing fancy wake in funeral home, church cremation. 1 car, only 1 bouquet of flowers . didn’t do any listings in paper only on rip which is only €20. coffin was from lowest price tier. I was shocked at price I genuinely expected about 3-4K , had we of chose buriel it would have been an extra few thousand as we don’t already have a plot. We didn’t have insurance either. Well we did but when we checked the policy it had expired the previous year and we didn’t realise as we got no letters nothing.

an post do a funeral plan insurance now If anyone’s looking for a basic policy to cover expenses. You just have to stay alive for 2 years after taking out the policy to claim full amount otherwise you only get what you paid in which is still better then nothing like we got on the expired policy 😆

This has been an eye opener. We have a family plot already thank god.
My parents are elderly but thankfully I have small policies on them to cover these costs but from listening to you all I may need to have a back up plan.
I felt awful forward planning but there was no insurance policy so I knew I had to pay the final bill.so I had to budget for it every week and I was so glad I done so you can save by not haveing extra funreal cars I used my own car .I also advise do not use the funreal home recommended florist I saved so much by sourcing my own flowers.
Also the coffins you can run away with yourself wanting the best and most expensive but to be very honest not being nasty or cruel no matter what price you pay on the day they are all the same
To be fair who goes to a funreal to see what type of coffin is being used

It must be a strange business being an undertaker. People have to be buried/cremated, often these deaths are sudden and I can't imagine them hounding a bereaved family for payment. It must be very difficult.

I felt awful forward planning but there was no insurance policy so I knew I had to pay the final bill.so I had to budget for it every week and I was so glad I done so you can save by not haveing extra funreal cars I used my own car .I also advise do not use the funreal home recommended florist I saved so much by sourcing my own flowers.
Also the coffins you can run away with yourself wanting the best and most expensive but to be very honest not being nasty or cruel no matter what price you pay on the day they are all the same
To be fair who goes to a funreal to see what type of coffin is being used
prices are shocking I know the price shouldn’t matter giving a loved one their final send off but 1200 for a coffin that’s getting burned. I never thought they would be so expensive considering I got a whole wall of kitchen cabinets for less Which was a lot more wood and steel handles, the coffin we chose had plastic handles.

prices are shocking I know the price shouldn’t matter giving a loved one their final send off but 1200 for a coffin that’s getting burned. I never thought they would be so expensive considering I got a whole wall of kitchen cabinets for less Which was a lot more wood and steel handles, the coffin we chose had plastic handles.
I know its shocking the prices my relation warned me not to go over board because they knew sadly I was paying the bill .
They were also against a do after the funreal as it was money I just dident have some familys have sit down 3 course meals with a round of drinks fair dues if they can afford it but as my relation said you have hangers on just comeing for the free feed.

My parents will have money but it will take a while to sort out their affairs and I wouldn't want to rush that kind of thing. I just want to be prepared and not have that bill hanging over me.

As for the afters, no way! I'm not paying for people to eat and drink while I'm grieving!!

I know its shocking the prices my relation warned me not to go over board because they knew sadly I was paying the bill .
They were also against a do after the funreal as it was money I just dident have some familys have sit down 3 course meals with a round of drinks fair dues if they can afford it but as my relation said you have hangers on just comeing for the free feed.
We didn’t do an afters either. That was always the deceased’s wishes. But there was literally no cash for one anyway. Death was sudden too.
There was a lot of shocked people that there was no p**s up. afterwards. Same people you wouldn’t have seen for 10 year and Won’t see for another 10 😂 but most of my immediate family are not drinkers and never go to pubs so it was tea and sandwiches in an aunts house after then home. The others still got their p**s up but at their expense 😝

We didn’t do an afters either. That was always the deceased’s wishes. But there was literally no cash for one anyway. Death was sudden too.
There was a lot of shocked people that there was no p**s up. afterwards. Same people you wouldn’t have seen for 10 year and Won’t see for another 10 😂 but most of my immediate family are not drinkers and never go to pubs so it was tea and sandwiches in an aunts house after then home. The others still got their p**s up but at their expense 😝
We were the same my relation said they would come back to haunt me if we had an afters they hated them

Reactions: 1
Lads can we move on from the funeral chat. No disrespect to anyone but most people come to tattle to switch off. Not to read about the costs of their impending death.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.