TwinsAndMe #22 Julie Julie playing games, nothing gets past Sherlock Haynes!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t stand seein kids with sunburn or tan marks. So irresponsible
It happens regardless of how much factor 50 you use, I'm definitely not an irresponsible parent and my son is very tanned atm. Maybe I should make him stay inside on his tablet rather than play out, oh wait that's a big no no as well. What would you suggest oh wise one? 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
It happens regardless of how much factor 50 you use, I'm definitely not an irresponsible parent and my son is very tanned atm. Maybe I should make him stay inside on his tablet rather than play out, oh wait that's a big no no as well. What would you suggest oh wise one? 🤣🤣
Obviously kids do get a bit of sun when they are out playing but looking at her stories recently the twins seem like they are constantly burnt. If she used factor 50 throughout the day I don’t believe they would be that bad. Sure didn’t Julie herself put up a video of ER’s ‘farmers tan’ when the poor child was raw red from sunburn.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Maybe it’s the constant use of filters that makes them look tanned or burnt…

Reactions: 8
"put the water in it now!!".....if my child spoke to me like that I'd take away the toy until they learned to ask nicely..not "alright boss" 🤦🏻‍♀️

"put the water in it now!!".....if my child spoke to me like that I'd take away the toy until they learned to ask nicely..not "alright boss" 🤦🏻‍♀️
I wouldn't be as nice as you @PandoraSkye if my child spoke to me like that 🙊

In Me Joolies case "monkey see, monkey do" as they say she (Airrrrin) didn't lick it off the floor !

Reactions: 11
Sunburn is one thing but are tan marks the new thing to be outraged about?!
My children have tan marks and it’s not for the lack of sunscreen I smear on them daily
The worlds gone a bit mad Ted
Same mine tan even with factor 50

Maybe it’s the constant use of filters that makes them look tanned or burnt…
It’s only a small thing, but I’ll never understand these wans putting filters on their children constantly, Julie in particular uses one that makes their eyes look really blue and their skin really tanned. I just think that’s so sad, like as a mother I think my children are perfect and don’t need a filter. I also think Erin Rose and Fionn are gorgeous kids. I’d hate to look back on all my photos in years to come and not be able to tell in most of them what my child actually looked like that day 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

I looked at those stories and I dont think the kids are sun burned at all. Its evident their skin has been exposed to the sun but unless your going to stay indoors or wear full length clothing there is no avoiding skin color changes in the summer.
She has a filter on them, which she always does when they look burnt. If you took that filter off you’d see the real tan/burn… that filter dulls is down a lot.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I looked at those stories and I dont think the kids are sun burned at all. Its evident their skin has been exposed to the sun but unless your going to stay indoors or wear full length clothing there is no avoiding skin color changes in the summer.
The thing that blows my mind is people bring their kids on foreign holidays and have them in those high SPF swimsuits but here it’s the notion that Irish sun is different 🙄
There is a skin safe ad on the radio at the moment about skin cancer dangers.
It was 23 degrees yesterday in Cork.
There is a definite tinge of red to their “tans”. I do hope it’s just a filter

Reactions: 5
I’m actually shock at how many people think tanning is ok cos they put sunscreen on 😳 especially on kids.

• Heart
Sunburn is one thing but are tan marks the new thing to be outraged about?!
My children have tan marks and it’s not for the lack of sunscreen I smear on them daily
The worlds gone a bit mad Ted
I actually agree with that. Kids need a bit of sun. And even with factor 50, they are bound to tan a little if they are out and about, expecially by the sea

Reactions: 1
I’m actually shock at how many people think tanning is ok cos they put sunscreen on 😳 especially on kids.
Me too! Don’t get me wrong I love how a tan looks but all tanning is skin damage. And you need to be way more vigilant with sun screen application than most of us are for it to be truly effective

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don’t think this is a fair comment. What about those with sallow skin or have fathers/mothers of different ethnicity? My kids are Snow White and are slathered in factor 50 every day but definitely have a hint of *something* where you can tell the sun has hit them, especially on their cheeks and hands. You could be the best mother in the world and be very conscious of burning but some kids just tan easily and others do not. You can still get a tan with SPF whether you want to get a tan or not. There is a HUGE difference in a kid getting a tan and a kid walking around raw from sunburn. One is a child welfare issue for starters and the other is not

Reactions: 19
Do you realise other types of white people exist besides Irish people, and they wouldn’t be able to not tan unless they lived in a cave and never left?

Reactions: 9
Do you realise other types of white people exist besides Irish people, and they wouldn’t be able to not tan unless they lived in a cave and never left?
Exactly. I’m like, do people realise other skin tones/ skin types/ skin conditions/ ethnicities exist beyond their own paleness?

Reactions: 7
Not to try to tell people what to do but can we give over about sun screen. We are all responsible adults and know the drill, bored of it now 🤣🙈🙈🤣 so any other craic? Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 29
lol I am bored of the tan talk but also I have more to say…tanning any skin tone damages the skin. The tan is literally the skins reaction to damage. Doesn’t matter if you are dark skinned or light skinned the damage occurs and increases risk of skin cancer. I am not saying your kids getting a tan is bad parenting but there is so much misinformation out there. Just because you don’t burn doesn’t mean it’s not bad for your skin.

sorry I am done now.

Reactions: 6
What do you all expect people to do... Keep their kids in door at the first sign of sun??
Kids need their vitamin D. Just be smart, put factor 50 on and let them enjoy this weather... It's not a regular occurrence over here!!
I dislike Julie and everything she stands for, but I love seeing the kids have fun in the caravan and beach. I spent my childhood by the sea in our mobile home and I have wonderful memories of it

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.