Twins and me #50 Win this amazing gift! (and pay for my face lift)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi , Nurse here. Have carried out 100s if not 1000s of smear tests. The “brush” she is on about, has NEVER broken & I’ve asked my friends (also nurses) if it has happened to them and they said never…. I get that vaginal smears aren’t the top of everyone’s daily tasks but they are NOT as bad as Julie has made out. Also, for the women who have thrush (I also suffer … Jesus it’s a bastard), honestly don’t be nervous. We’ve seen it all. We are all females. You don’t have to shave, wax, trim. We don’t judge you on YOUR vagina. But please book your smear. Check the register & more importantly PLEASE register. Now sorry lecture over!!

• Heart
Reactions: 85
Just thinking did she not do this before about the last smear, maybe not the broken bit but a big drama.

Reactions: 7
So she says, it took 3 times to get the smear done, equipment broke inside her during the procedure, extra doctors had to be called in, nurses laughed at her, she felt her dignity was not looked after, she was going to leave and not get it done. This is an absolute disgrace. Hope this is the beginning of her end causing so much negativity to smears.
I'm not defending Julie or anything but during a smear a nurse was getting frustrated with me for not being able to "relax" when it was she was using the wrong size instrument. She called the doctor who realised immeadiately it was the wrong size. The nurse had been flustered and I think she was embarrassed that she had to call the doctor and and she made a comment about my pelvic floor that I was "honeymoon fresh"! The doctor heard the comment and was not happy and told her it was unprofessional and she apologised.

The doctor told me to always ask the person doing the snear to use a smaller instrument and it has been fine since.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Hi Guys - I wrote a comment on her story - she is so blase about it!

Reactions: 5
So she says, it took 3 times to get the smear done, equipment broke inside her during the procedure, extra doctors had to be called in, nurses laughed at her, she felt her dignity was not looked after, she was going to leave and not get it done. This is an absolute disgrace. Hope this is the beginning of her end causing so much negativity to smears.
Bet the Echo or RedFm won't be chatting to her about that story

Reactions: 6
Not to agree with Julie but it is a man's feckin world. The years of periods, the childbirth years, then the menopause.

Reactions: 3
I'm not defending Julie or anything but during a smear a nurse was getting frustrated with me for not being able to "relax" when it was she was using the wrong size instrument. She called the doctor who realised immeadiately it was the wrong size. The nurse had been flustered and I think she was embarrassed that she had to call the doctor and and she made a comment about my pelvic floor that I was "honeymoon fresh"! The doctor heard the comment and was not happy and told her it was unprofessional and she apologised.

The doctor told me to always ask the person doing the snear to use a smaller instrument and it has been fine since.
That's all well and good BUT you don't have 150k followers to tell that story to, you probably told a friend, she will probably put it up on tiktok also. She is dangerous. With all her stupid competitions lately there are a lot of young girls following her from snap chat etc. They don't need to hear rubbish to put them off, as a nurse said above in her and her colleagues years doing smears they never had a speculum or brush break inside the patients vagina. Its utterly disgraceful that JuLie gets away with this. Bad enough encouraging young women to go to Turkey. Be honest I bet most people who looked at JuLies stories looked at their own eyes and face. She is spreading her tit on to others, that is where the problem lies.

Reactions: 20
I thought the only danger of Julie going for a smear would be the nurse at risk of falling into it! 🤣🤣 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She’s really becoming a serious liability for that surgery she goes to. Why are they allowing it????

Reactions: 15
Did anyone see dr niamh lynchs stories. About parents who always complain about having kids and all the goings with it. (Julie)!!!

Reactions: 11
According to couple of comments on the echo article we all just jealous of Joolie and Brenda😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I honestly dont believe a word of that smear story. I have looked up the cervical cytology brush that is used for swabbing and it is soft plastic and nylon - and I can see no evidence of them ever breaking. Remember the cervix would be opened with a speculum so no matter how you would tighten up, your vagina could not break the cytology brush.

:mad:
Also - IF the cytology brush broke - that would be a patient safety issue and the medical practice are obliged to contact the National Screening Service, the HSE, and the company who made the device. This would be a notifiable incident under the HSE National Incident Management Framework - as a near miss/miss incident and would most likely be investigated.

This is such a dangerous story - Im off to report it! Im lived
There is just no end to what these influencers are aloud to do and say and you have the small normal people trying to manage all this misinformation that is literally life threatening, I don't know how Instagram are getting away with it now . It is a massive issue.
---
Worse part is these things happen and when they do they are ignored because its not something normal and this muppet thinks its ok ta mock that... she is totally brain dead really

Reactions: 3
I've been putting my smear off years and now have it booked. It's made me more nervous than I already was. Had to unfollow her now
I know its easy for any of us to say if we have ours regularly but honestly DO NOT believe a word of what juLIE says about her smear, its absolutely fine, you might feel a small bit of pressure but it's over in seconds ❤ Please don't put off having it, it could genuinely save your life ❤

Reactions: 6
If anyone is nervous getting a smear ask your doctor for something to relax you beforehand. They don’t mind giving it.

Reactions: 4
Mine is always a little uncomfortable but I always treat myself to something afterwards and I think about that during it. I got some great shoes last time, but even a coffee or a nice bottle of wine could work just to have something to think about.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.