Twins and me #50 Win this amazing gift! (and pay for my face lift)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been putting my smear off years and now have it booked. It's made me more nervous than I already was. Had to unfollow her now
You'll be fine, it's over in seconds, take meds once out if crampy, it could save your life, Julie's a bleeping idiot

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I've been putting my smear off years and now have it booked. It's made me more nervous than I already was. Had to unfollow her now
Honestly it’s not that bad at all. I’ve had several. She’s just dramatic like all my friends have them done and I have never heard a story like that! It’s just a little uncomfortable but the nurses are so gentle and considerate. It’s worth it for the few seconds of being uncomfortable.

Reactions: 12
Please please please don't be nervous. I am way older than this fool and although I didn't have to have yearly smears I have had my fair share and never ever had an issue beside the mortification of a drs face being right up in there.

Reactions: 13
I can guarantee you none of her story is true ...nurses know what they are doing..its nothing to them ...

Reactions: 25
Please don’t be nervous. It’s grand getting it done. Homestly. It doesn’t hurt just a wee bit uncomfortable. But it’s over in a matter of seconds. It took me longer to shave my legs before the smear than it took for the smear itself

Reactions: 14
Pay her no heed. She's full of drama and tit. I doubt half of that even happened knowing our Joolie👍I'm an anxious Annie at the best of times so I understand your nervousness but honestly you've nothing to worry about x

Reactions: 7
You will be fine they do not carry on way she saying.Very professional and its done before realises.These nurses are doing smears every day for years know exactly what to do and say.

Reactions: 7
I honestly dont believe a word of that smear story. I have looked up the cervical cytology brush that is used for swabbing and it is soft plastic and nylon - and I can see no evidence of them ever breaking. Remember the cervix would be opened with a speculum so no matter how you would tighten up, your vagina could not break the cytology brush.

:mad:
Also - IF the cytology brush broke - that would be a patient safety issue and the medical practice are obliged to contact the National Screening Service, the HSE, and the company who made the device. This would be a notifiable incident under the HSE National Incident Management Framework - as a near miss/miss incident and would most likely be investigated.

This is such a dangerous story - Im off to report it! Im lived

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I'd be reporting it to her gp surgery someone here said they recognised it from the story with her kids climbing all over the place a few weeks back

Reactions: 15
I honestly dont believe a word of that smear story. I have looked up the cervical cytology brush that is used for swabbing and it is soft plastic and nylon - and I can see no evidence of them ever breaking. Remember the cervix would be opened with a speculum so no matter how you would tighten up, your vagina could not break the cytology brush.

:mad:
Also - IF the cytology brush broke - that would be a patient safety issue and the medical practice are obliged to contact the National Screening Service, the HSE, and the company who made the device. This would be a notifiable incident under the HSE National Incident Management Framework - as a near miss/miss incident and would most likely be investigated.

This is such a dangerous story - Im off to report it! Im lived
I have reported it and if I knew where smear was done I ring and be asking them can cytology brush break and tell them your one telling that story and it turn me going for smear

Reactions: 20
I have reported it and if I knew where smear was done I ring and be asking them can cytology brush break and tell them your one telling that story and it turn me going for smear
I might contact the National Screening Service and highlight it with them on Twitter - it is beyond dangerous. If someone knew the GP they could email into them, as they may not speak over the phone due to GDPR. Jesus Christ I am so angry - Cervical Screening is such an important publich health measure and this uneducated person - throwing out a story for the LOLs if infuriating.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
If anyone knows where she got the smear done, please let us know.
I think everyone should be ringing said surgery then to query the incident.

Reactions: 10
dont listen to Julie x it’s important to get checked out! She has no content as she can’t mock the children (as much) and trying to deflect from her botched face (that kept changing to bitched 😂)

And she wasn’t making laugh and joke when the women were campaigning that time!!!?,

Those stories are disgraceful. Anyone watching that, that would be nervous going in would definitely be put off. Oh and it's not a man's world. Men have plenty of things to worry about aswell you know. Prostate cancer isn't exactly something men rush out to be tested for either.

I have to say she’s a bleeping dope! Jesus Christ. Way to go Julie with your made up story and scaring people out of getting a smear.
maybe the nurse refused to check or tell her it’s ok to wear make up and she’d have to see a doc. So made up a story because she’s a empty headed fool!

Reactions: 9
See this crap about the smear test is why women put them off. I have never had a sore smear test and honestly, it might be TMI but after my 2nd child I had a really bad infection in my section wound that meant I was on antibiotics for 3 months, this resulted in TERRIBLE VAGINAL THRUSH and had to have a smear while I had the thrush. I was mortified. The nurse was so understanding, she couldn't understand how it was so bad even while I was taking diflucan and probiotics. Even at that time the smear was fine. I hope women don't pay any heed to Julie the exaggerator.

Reactions: 17
Dont worry I had an experience similar to Julie...ie they had to make a few attempts, made me make a fist etc and it's fine. Often they are just using the wrong size instrument. Ask them to use a smaller one if that happens.

Edited to add the bit about it breaking is definitely BS. No way could that happen.

Reactions: 6
That looks like a clump of mascara on her eye that she can’t wear makeup or mascara or nuting🤣

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.