TV series that you bailed on

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's been mentioned on here a few times, and I'm nine episodes into Schitt's Creek but it's not clicking for me as of yet.

Reactions: 3
It's been mentioned on here a few times, and I'm nine episodes into Schitt's Creek but it's not clicking for me as of yet.
I’m going to be one of those and say.....it does get better! I surprised myself buy enjoying it as I put it off until it finished.

Reactions: 4
Same. I will persist a little longer.
I think I might have said it on this thread before but I think other people badly mis-sell Schitts Creek. It’s not a laugh a minute comedy, more a story about a family with some funny bits. I’m now watching it for a second time and do laugh out loud because I know and have come to love the characters. But people saying ItS So FuNnY at the start nearly put me off because I was like.. where? They’re all awful people 😂 but they do redeem themselves eventually.

Reactions: 9
I think I might have said it on this thread before but I think other people badly mis-sell Schitts Creek. It’s not a laugh a minute comedy, more a story about a family with some funny bits. I’m now watching it for a second time and do laugh out loud because I know and have come to love the characters. But people saying ItS So FuNnY at the start nearly put me off because I was like.. where? They’re all awful people 😂 but they do redeem themselves eventually.
I just don't think the story or characters have quite clicked with me yet. Even though I do think the characters are good, mind you.

9 perfect strangers, I'm on episode 6...Still struggling to enjoy. Someone tell me it's worth it to continue 🙄
I was about to give up, kept wishing it would end so I could get it over and done with. But I stuck it out and finished it last night. I think if you’ve started you should watch till the end, it’s kind of surprising in a nice way. Can’t really say more than that 😄

Reactions: 1
I was the same, really didn't think it was my cup of tea, but really loved it, was actually sad when it ended!

This is probably such an unpopular opinion but I couldn’t get into squid game at all. Watched the first 2 episodes (tried both subtitles and dubbed). Have no burning desire to watch any more. Might give it another go and some point.

Reactions: 6
This is probably such an unpopular opinion but I couldn’t get into squid game at all. Watched the first 2 episodes (tried both subtitles and dubbed). Have no burning desire to watch any more. Might give it another go and some point.
I can't really call it bailing because I barely lasted 2 minutes with it. I probably wasn't in the right mood but can't be arsed giving it another go. I'd rather just watch Battle Royale instead.

Pretty Little Liars - Got through the first 2 seasons then it got even MORE nonsensical.

Gossip Girl (2021) - Watched the first 2 episodes and then stopped due to how incredibly boring i felt it got and the blandness of the majority of the charscters outside of the 2 main sisters.

Killing Eve - great 1st season...everything else very bad.

CAOS - loved the 90's Sabrina series, but was curious to explore the characters in a darker tone. Quit when it got too 'Riverdale' for my taste.

I think I’ve bailed on sex education.. I’m a few episodes in to season 2, got distracted by a few other series, and I’m not really motivated to pick it back up. It’s not terrible it’s just a bit meh to me?

I’ve also given up with Sex Ed, it was always a bit woke but felt like it was too much in the new series.

No offence to anyone but sick of having a non binary/transgender person shoehorned into every series these days

Reactions: 9
Yeah I agree Sex Education S3 wasn’t all that.. didn’t find myself desperate for the next episode when I was watching it.

Schitts Creek
Dexter
Breaking Bad
Killing Eve
Stranger Things
Peaky Blinders

24 - but, I loved it when it was on first time round. Complete binge watch. However rewatching on Disney plus Jack is more annoying and its quite slow at times

Once Upon a Time. Watched most of it but when it was announced Jennifer was leaving, I couldn't be bother. It became painfully predictable.

Orange is the New Black. Watched and enjoyed 2 seasons. Got fed up with whiny "Pipes".

I’m terrible at giving up on programmes. So far I’ve stopped watching You, Maid, Schitt’s Creek, This Is Us, Killing Eve, Stranger Things, many others which have probably already been mentioned.

If I love something though I’ll watch it devotedly, eg Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Succession, Chernobyl, all of which I’ve watched twice over.