TV Ads You Hate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m working from home this week. Has anyone seen that hays travel ad that is something straight out of the 80’s. So cheap and low budget.
It's a direct copy of the old Bath Travel ads, the company they took over. They just replaced bath travel with hays. I was very surprised they hadn't changed it

Reactions: 3
And on here, No, I don't wish to see where Noel Fielding lives today no matter how hard it is to see. I know it's not strictly speaking an advert but it's still annoying.

On the Beach adverts
It's the most wonderful time of the year🎶
that horrid Dudley Dursley licking his ice cream when the girl had dropped hers
ARGH
I hate that advert so much too. If I knew who’s idea it was I’d post a turd through their letterbox everyday for the rest of their lives.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Never heard of bath travel were they only in the bath area
Bournemouth based, named after the Bath family rather than the place. They had one or two aircraft and operated exclusively out of Bournemouth Airport and had branches across Dorset and Hampshire. They did European holidays, city breaks, day trips into Europe by plane and also had links to cruises.

Reactions: 1
Just sold my car, to We Buy Any Car.

To the tune of that it's Friday Then, Saturday Sunday (what) song.

Didn't know I could hate a We Buy Any Car advert more than the Philip Schofield ones, but they have managed it.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I tried to look for the Hays advert but could only find this one from 2016 which looks like it’s from the 90s! People in an actual travel agents with brochures. Did they not have the internet?

Yeah On the Beach is awful too. Ruined that song for me at Christmas too.

Reactions: 2
The finish dishwasher tablets, the words never match their mouth on any of their adverts. It really irritates me.

Edited: finish not flash

The finish dishwasher tablets, the words never match their mouth on any of their adverts. It really irritates me.

Edited: finish not flash
That's cos they make one crappy ad for all of Europe and its in German, thus all the other countries get a terrible botch jobbie soundtrack as they try to make it fit. The French version is just as dire. Wouldn't it make sense to just use a photo of the bloody product with the appropriate voice track instead of such crass, unbelievably bad, scripted nonsense with cardboard actors? The one with the woman's voice trying to impersonate the kid shouting "dad the dishwasher is stinky again" has to be the worst yet.

Reactions: 5
On the Beach adverts make me want to never book a holiday in case those bunch of dickheads are there! I’ll avoid booking an airport lounge too since they’re giving away free passes.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think the 'most wonderful time of the year ads' are actually very clever to use that song, can't believe its not been done before. But the imagery that goes with them is just very annoying and worse type of brits abroad.

I agree on the lounges, makes me laugh, why would you want a lounge when they're going to be packed full of people who got it for free. Basically your whole flight could end up in there lol

Reactions: 6
I think the 'most wonderful time of the year ads' are actually very clever to use that song, can't believe its not been done before. But the imagery that goes with them is just very annoying and worse type of brits abroad.

I agree on the lounges, makes me laugh, why would you want a lounge when they're going to be packed full of people who got it for free. Basically your whole flight could end up in there lol
It was done before by Staples and people hated the song choice back then too - link