TV Ads You Hate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh and that "Where is the sun?" one for Comfort or Lenor.
I want to kick the telly into orbit whenever that lot descend on me, over-acting and poncing about like they're at the RSC doing King Lear :[

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The mini people in the Peloton advert, all that 'you can do it' 'keep going' stuff. Oh shut up please.

Reactions: 10
The Carling Black Label “fake goal celebration” ad.
1. The guy looks like he ought to be on a sex offenders list.
2. Who TF drinks Carling Black Label? Tastes like piss and probably has the same alcohol content.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Chanel 5 advert
'We're on each others team'
all perfume Ad's to be honest, don't get me started on Daisy, Daisy, Daisy STFU

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Chanel 5 advert
'We're on each others team'
all perfume Ad's to be honest, don't get me started on Daisy, Daisy, Daisy STFU
Let us remember perhaps the most mental advert of all time. I’m a dancer! I love to dance!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Most of them. Honestly, it'd be easier for me to state ones I don't dislike. Which is the opposite of what this thread is about. So I won't. (What am I even doing here?)

• Haha
Most of them. Honestly, it'd be easier for me to state ones I don't dislike. Which is the opposite of what this thread is about. So I won't. (What am I even doing here?)
I actualy think adverts are getting worse and worse, in the past I have seen ads I think are funny, but I cannot think of any in the past year (or more) I could say the same about

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I actualy think adverts are getting worse and worse, in the past I have seen ads I think are funny, but I cannot think of any in the past year (or more) I could say the same about
Agree entirely. What's worse is that you know this isn't as bad as it gets; just when you think they can't possibly get any more horrendous, they prove you wrong. It seems like a concerted effort by all the studios to churn out a constant stream of rubbish, maybe so that disgruntled viewers like us will take the bait and complain about it, thus generating publicity? I don't know.

Reactions: 3
We used to get some really funny ads years ago,Hamlet ads,loads of others as well famous one was mash one.

Agree entirely. What's worse is that you know this isn't as bad as it gets; just when you think they can't possibly get any more horrendous, they prove you wrong. It seems like a concerted effort by all the studios to churn out a constant stream of rubbish, maybe so that disgruntled viewers like us will take the bait and complain about it, thus generating publicity? I don't know.
I think knowing that most people just watch streaming services without ads they have just given up making anything good and made things so bad people (like us :ROFLMAO:) basically give them bad publicity. That Verisure ad is the exact example

I think knowing that most people just watch streaming services without ads they have just given up making anything good and made things so bad people (like us :ROFLMAO:) basically give them bad publicity. That Verisure ad is the exact example
It'd be interesting if it really was deliberate. At this point I wouldn't put it past them. If it isn't, though, my heart goes out to the actors, even though most of them can't act.

The majority of ITV3 during the day. I've been spending a lot of time with one of my parents who are recovering from a major operation, and watching that all day every day would convince me I'm past it and just waiting for death, or to give all my money away to charities. The manipulation is just too much.

Also hate the Virgin Atlantic 'I am what I am' advert. How about showing gay people just doing their job professionally and not strutting up and down like a catwalk

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The majority of ITV3 during the day. I've been spending a lot of time with one of my parents who are recovering from a major operation, and watching that all day every day would convince me I'm past it and just waiting for death, or to give all my money away to charities. The manipulation is just too much.

Also hate the Virgin Atlantic 'I am what I am' advert. How about showing gay people just doing their job professionally and not strutting up and down like a catwalk
Daytime adverts are the worst. 100% really that virgin one. Don't they still obligate women to wear heels and makeup too? (Like all other airlines do)

Daytime adverts are the worst. 100% really that virgin one. Don't they still obligate women to wear heels and makeup too? (Like all other airlines do)
I thought Virgin had changed their uniform policy recently to anyone can pick anything they want from the uniform options and the uniform is more gender neutral? I presume that would apply to make-up and shoes as well

Reactions: 1
I thought Virgin had changed their uniform policy recently to anyone can pick anything they want from the uniform options and the uniform is more gender neutral? I presume that would apply to make-up and shoes as well
(as far as I am aware, I could be wrong) it is you choose based on your gender identity, so if you are a female makeup and heels is still the requirement. If you, as a male, choose to identify as a female, you can also wear heels and makeup (except of flights anywhere in the middle east). It is not just free choice to help women, for whom wearing heels on flights has actually been proven to be bad for circulation

ETA they choose the "outfit that represents them"
https://www.euronews.com/travel/202...e-their-uniform-based-on-their-gender-identit
i.e. not a skirt and flats

I remember the ITV3 ones from lockdown days is it still funeral plans, sponsoring blind in one eye children from Africa and those recliner chair companies?

• Haha
I remember the ITV3 ones from lockdown days is it still funeral plans, sponsoring blind in one eye children from Africa and those recliner chair companies?
Pretty much, add in mobility scooters and life insurance. Honestly you'd think once you hit 50 you're just expected to give up life

The charity ones really annoy me. I think because when my nan died I saw how much charity begging stuff she got through the post it just annoys me more. Targeting more vulnerable people with incredibly manipulated marketing.

Pretty much, add in mobility scooters and life insurance. Honestly you'd think once you hit 50 you're just expected to give up life

The charity ones really annoy me. I think because when my nan died I saw how much charity begging stuff she got through the post it just annoys me more. Targeting more vulnerable people with incredibly manipulated marketing.
especially as, realistically, people watching daytime tv have the least to give away surely

Reactions: 6