Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mark81

VIP Member
It was done before by Staples and people hated the song choice back then too - link
Ah yes, although I think it works far better for a holiday company ad. Probably the only time of year more than Christmas that people would class as the most wonderful time of year

Reactions: 1

klarakluckbag

VIP Member
The ad for extensions with the loony in a yellow tank top, red wellys and with a large purple glove puppet on his arm dancing to some country song about cow punchers - wtf is that all about?
I hated this ad so much, and had no idea what it was supposed to be about so I googled it, the story behind it is quite sweet really...basically the company had such a tiny ad budget, they needed to make it as memorable as possible, for as little money as possible. To be fair, it has worked. I know the company name and I know what they're selling....not always the case with some of the big budget ads!

Mustard

VIP Member
Holy fuck philip schofield in the Gin Ad.I can’t stand him the best of times but that ad he come across even more smug than usual
Hungermama aka Bethie Hungerford who has a thread on here, is in one of the ads with him. She’s in charge of their social media.

I don't understand the Direct Line advert where the woman says they can "guarantee they'll (the workman) use the door bell." Is it supposed to be a joke? How else would you know he's arrived?
Not seen this advert but I once employed a company to do some gardening and I had given them some keys to my then flat as there wasn’t a side entrance. They once let themselves in early am while I was in bed without ringing the bell which flabbergasted me. Sacked them afterwards.

Last edited:

MrsPiggleWiggle

Chatty Member
I keep seeing a Revolut advert on YouTube with a dreadful young woman taking about “self-destructing card details”.

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
This was on earlier and I thought he said "I'm disabled" he's saying I'm Usain Bolt 😂
Yes, I’m usually looking down at my phone when it comes on and every single time I think he’s saying “I’m disabled”

It’s because he speaks really fast

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
I hate the magnum ice cream adverts. The super loud sound of someone crunching into the chocolate 🤢 the sound of people eating sets my nerves on edge!
and that bird's striped trousers - is she channeling a pirate or what?

Verisure have released another dreadful one onto the realm recruited again from the School of Cardboard Actors. This one is two hipster young Dads, one recommending the other get his brood Verisure alarms to ensure they are safe at home. Jeez its grim :(

emm

VIP Member
Oh yes!
Verisure have cornered the market in wooden actors.............................. I heard Mr Punch was approached but he turned them down because it would affect his street cred
I actually think this is their strategy "all publicity is good publicity", would anyone be talking about verisure otherwise? :ROFLMAO:

emm

VIP Member
I just saw an ad for a new film called "cocaine bear" literally about a bear that gets high on cocaine, I cannot believe it is not a spoof

• Haha

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
That flip phone I think it’s a Samsung with the cats. Although to be fair it’s the song more than the ad it gets stuck in your head.

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
surely he is a millionaire anyway though? puts me off buying anything from companies wasting their money like this as we are the ones ultimatley paying for it
Ah but he's not all bad. He financed and set up a Dog Charity/shelter (obviously) in his home city which he keeps a close eye on apparently :)

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
That perfume ad for Paradox with some bint hovering on a triangle on top of a tree - what the hell is that all about eh??

TapToBoreMeRigid

VIP Member
"Where did you get the money for this chocolate?"
"Did you steal it?"

Does anyone know if it was Blu Hydrangea in the old Garnier advert who said "that's a lot of makeup on that pad?" in an annoying tone.

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
I know its already been mentioned BUT

Bloody Verisure's adverts are diabolical! They are a complete joke!!

Are they trying to be ironic or something by making the Worst Ever series of ads using the worst actors they can find in the certain knowledge that people will find their ads "So crap they're brilliant"? They are WRONG - they're JUST CRAP, end of!