TTC’ers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a long one and I apologise in advance.

Had my implant removed at the end of June after being on BC for 6 years, we started TTC however my periods are yet to return so can't track anything. I know it can take time for everything to go back to normal.

We stopped trying at the end of October due to me having COVID and then suffering from long covid ever since. We had intercourse either 19th - 21st of December(brain fog and not really trying).

On the 31st December woke up feeling incredibly sick and really sensitive nipples(to the point where I wanted to be topless as it angered me if anything touched them 😂). I took a Boots test and came up a faint positive within 2 minutes of taking the test. Ever since though all tests have been negative. I will wait another week and retest.

Its difficult as with having long covid I am not sure if my symptoms could be hormone related or covid related. I am due to return to work next week for the 1st time in 2 months working for the NHS.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
This is a long one and I apologise in advance.

Had my implant removed at the end of June after being on BC for 6 years, we started TTC however my periods are yet to return so can't track anything. I know it can take time for everything to go back to normal.

We stopped trying at the end of October due to me having COVID and then suffering from long covid ever since. We had intercourse either 19th - 21st of December(brain fog and not really trying).

On the 31st December woke up feeling incredibly sick and really sensitive nipples(to the point where I wanted to be topless as it angered me if anything touched them 😂). I took a Boots test and came up a faint positive within 2 minutes of taking the test. Ever since though all tests have been negative. I will wait another week and retest.

Its difficult as with having long covid I am not sure if my symptoms could be hormone related or covid related. I am due to return to work next week for the 1st time in 2 months working for the NHS.
I'd definitely wait for your missed period and test again in a week.

I have Chronic Fatigue/M.E which I believe has been described similar to long covid and I'm the same as you symptom wise, also a ICU nurse, best advice for returning to work is just take it easy & get support in place from occupational health!

Period is now officially a day late.... currently hiding in the toilets at work trying to work up the courage to test! No AF cramps, but still hesitant that I've not caught!

Hi ladies I just wanted to share my experience of ttc may be helpful! I had the coil in for around 9 years and had removed back in 2012 , I assumed I would fall pregnant easily as I did with my first 2, (13&15 years ago)
Fast foward to 2018 and nothing didn’t fall pregnant once and although we were not religiously trying I started to feel tit something is definitely wrong..... so I started tracking my cycles on Ovia and Flo, using the cheap Amazon ovulation sticks (never really got on with those sticks!) did this for a year and still nothing.
so I contacted the doctors and fertility appointments were set up etc.
checked my tubes clear, no cysts so they advised further examination needed to take place. Told the usual oh your over weight it’s likely the weight stopping you getting pregnant ....
the appointment was booked for last October . In the August of last year after work I was in Asda and at this point was starting to feel really really down as lots of friends and colleagues were falling pregnant I purchased a clear blue ovulation set.
And thought right I’ve never properly tracked my ovulation......ladies ditch these tit apps!!!!!
Honestly my ovulation was out my at least 5 days according to my app and ovulation test!!!!! Every month we were doing at the wrong time......1st month of doing the clear blue(September) I fell pregnant!!!!!!! I’m not saying it’s that easy for all but I think we put so much hope and energy into digital apps we forgot about a good old fashioned pee stick .... he is 8 months and a little handful but so blessed and thankful.....sending baby dust to you all lovelies ❤❤❤❤

Reactions: 9
Hi ladies I just wanted to share my experience of ttc may be helpful! I had the coil in for around 9 years and had removed back in 2012 , I assumed I would fall pregnant easily as I did with my first 2, (13&15 years ago)
Fast foward to 2018 and nothing didn’t fall pregnant once and although we were not religiously trying I started to feel tit something is definitely wrong..... so I started tracking my cycles on Ovia and Flo, using the cheap Amazon ovulation sticks (never really got on with those sticks!) did this for a year and still nothing.
so I contacted the doctors and fertility appointments were set up etc.
checked my tubes clear, no cysts so they advised further examination needed to take place. Told the usual oh your over weight it’s likely the weight stopping you getting pregnant ....
the appointment was booked for last October . In the August of last year after work I was in Asda and at this point was starting to feel really really down as lots of friends and colleagues were falling pregnant I purchased a clear blue ovulation set.
And thought right I’ve never properly tracked my ovulation......ladies ditch these tit apps!!!!!
Honestly my ovulation was out my at least 5 days according to my app and ovulation test!!!!! Every month we were doing at the wrong time......1st month of doing the clear blue(September) I fell pregnant!!!!!!! I’m not saying it’s that easy for all but I think we put so much hope and energy into digital apps we forgot about a good old fashioned pee stick .... he is 8 months and a little handful but so blessed and thankful.....sending baby dust to you all lovelies ❤❤❤❤
Might have to invest in the clear blue one too then, that’s really interesting!

Reactions: 2
So I was in pregnancy thread but sadly back in TTC now! Been 4 and a half years trying so really keeping everything crossed this year I get a BFP and then a healthy baby!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
So I was in pregnancy thread but sadly back in TTC now! Been 4 and a half years trying so really keeping everything crossed this year I get a BFP and then a healthy baby!
Sorry you're back to ttc, hope you're okay ❤

Might have to invest in the clear blue one too then, that’s really interesting!
I have the clear blue ones and it worked the first time and aligned with the bbt tracking I did. I have tried using them again this time and not for me because I will have to do loads of tests due to a long cycle and the clearblue kit is like £20 for ten tests 😩

I’m feeling really positive right now, I have had my first drs appt via phone, she really listened to me and validated all of my feelings. She is sending me for bloods when I come on my next period, sending me for a vaginal scan to check my uterus and sending my husband for a sperm count. Then she’s going to refer us to the fertility clinic. Feeling more hopeful after this appt 🖤

Silly question - how are you feeling? Big hugs xxx

Reactions: 3
I’m going to order this now on your recommendation. I only get a period every 64 days, the dr has said I probably don’t ovulate and the period is just when the lining builds up so much it just sheds itself. I have PCOS, only recently diagnosed, but before I had my first I had regular 35 day cycles. I have just googled to see if anyone has conceived on long cycles and some people have said they conceived after ovulating on day 79 etc! Gives me a little hope, I have done some half hearted opks but always negative as I don’t know what days to test. I’m really hoping that since I get the period very regularly (as in always day 64) that means I might ovulate. Since I have the PCOS diagnosis they won’t do any other tests until they see me in fertility, I’m getting referred in April but I anticipate there will be delays due to covid. The dr seemed to think if I just have regular sex and lose some weight to address the pcos I would get pregnant but i really don’t have the time or inclination to have sex every two days for the whole cycle 😬😬😬
unfortunately OPKs aren’t suitable for those with PCOS, as due to imbalanced hormones there may not be a big enough LH surge. I have PCOS too so not sure how we’re meant to get pregnant 🤣 x

unfortunately OPKs aren’t suitable for those with PCOS, as due to imbalanced hormones there may not be a big enough LH surge. I have PCOS too so not sure how we’re meant to get pregnant 🤣 x
😱 I didn’t know this at all. Don’t know what to do then 😭

just had a little Google and seems bbt may be the way to go again

Last edited:
So glad I’ve found this thread I’ve been feeling abit crap lately as everyone seems to be pregnant at the min! We aren’t ‘trying’ but have been hoping since I had my daughter 4 years ago (clomid baby) I think I dont want to admit to trying as I worry it will become all consuming so if people ask I say no (and boy do people ask!) sending everyone baby dust!

😱 I didn’t know this at all. Don’t know what to do then 😭
If you take your temperature before you get up, literally keep a thermometer by your bed and do it as soon as you open your eyes, if you track if you will know by your temp when/if you ovulate 😊

Reactions: 2
So glad I’ve found this thread I’ve been feeling abit crap lately as everyone seems to be pregnant at the min! We aren’t ‘trying’ but have been hoping since I had my daughter 4 years ago (clomid baby) I think I dont want to admit to trying as I worry it will become all consuming so if people ask I say no (and boy do people ask!) sending everyone baby dust!

If you take your temperature before you get up, literally keep a thermometer by your bed and do it as soon as you open your eyes, if you track if you will know by your temp when/if you ovulate 😊
Thank you just saw this is still accurate on good old google! I did this the first time (I did everything haha) so will start as of tomorrow as I have the bbt thermometer ❤

Thank you just saw this is still accurate on good old google! I did this the first time (I did everything haha) so will start as of tomorrow as I have the bbt thermometer ❤
Hope it shows your ovulating! I didn’t ovulate until day 24 the month I got pregnant so don’t feel to down if you don’t see anything one day14

Hope it shows your ovulating! I didn’t ovulate until day 24 the month I got pregnant so don’t feel to down if you don’t see anything one day14
I don’t think I am as my cycles went from 35 days to 64 after I had my baby and seems too long for a ‘real’ cycle but from my internet searches it’s not impossible. Thanks ♥

I don’t think I am as my cycles went from 35 days to 64 after I had my baby and seems too long for a ‘real’ cycle but from my internet searches it’s not impossible. Thanks ♥
Atleast if it’s all tracked even if your not ovulating you can show your evidence at your appointment when you get one and it will save them asking you to track it for x amount of months as youve already done it

I’ve been lurking on this thread for a couple of days now after my period came this month. I had my implant removed at the end of November after being on some form of contraception for 11 years & my periods came back 3 weeks later. We’ve not said we’re trying specifically but I’ve never been so gutted to have my period in my life!
I’ve been tracking everything on Flo so far, I’m interested in tracking my BBT, do I need a specific thermometer or will any do? I’m approaching 30 quicker than I’d like and teenager me thought I’d have 2 kids by now!

I’ve been lurking on this thread for a couple of days now after my period came this month. I had my implant removed at the end of November after being on some form of contraception for 11 years & my periods came back 3 weeks later. We’ve not said we’re trying specifically but I’ve never been so gutted to have my period in my life!
I’ve been tracking everything on Flo so far, I’m interested in tracking my BBT, do I need a specific thermometer or will any do? I’m approaching 30 quicker than I’d like and teenager me thought I’d have 2 kids by now!
I just used a normal under the tongue thermometer from boots

I never understood how this worked - so that’s basal body temperature? My app has a bit to log that but I didn’t know what I was supposed to be checking 😂

Hi all. I’m reading this and hoping for some advice or reassurance as I’m totally all over the place re TTC at the moment. I came off the pill in July after 10 years consistently on the same pill (POP). I did not have a single period in these 10 years. I must also add I had an eating disorder (lowest weight was just under 7 stone) for a couple of years during this period so this might have had an effect on things. To date I have still not had a period or any form of bleed since coming off it (stopped July 31st). I contacted my GP in Nov for some advice. I had bloods and an internal scan both of which came back absolutely normal. My friend suggested using ovulation sticks which I’ve been using now for 6 weeks. Every day I had nothing until two weeks ago when I got a peak smiley face! We had sex about 5 times in 3 days from about 6 hours after the test and then 3 days later back to no smiley face. Until yday when I got another smiley face?! Still have had no period, how likely is it to ovulate without periods? Ive become v bloated in last few days but sure this is just after Christmas podge! Any advice? Should I continue with the Ovulation tests? Also must note I’m on the wait list for a fertility appt (i know it’s not been a long wait but GP said best to start the ball rolling) but obvs this won’t happen for ages due to C19 and I’ll cancel if we do happen to conceive! Any similar stories? Thanks guys 🙂 x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.