TTC’ers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve heard really mixed things about the vaccine and pregnancy. Is it advised that you don’t have it when TTC? I probably won’t be offered it for ages yet but had already decided I wouldn’t have it while trying, but a friend has been sending me bits and pieces about how it’s safe for pregnant women.
At present the advice is not to receive the vaccine if pregnant, or get pregnant between the vaccine and booster, or get pregnant within two months of the booster.

Initially the vaccine was given, with the plan that the booster would be three weeks later so to allow three months ish from the first dose.

However now a lot of boosters are being delayed up to 12 weeks as I think the aim is to get as many front line staff having the first vaccine as possible before focus is shifted to boosters. There's no data on the vaccine in pregnant women as it's unethical to put pregnant women in trials and so although its very likely that it is safe it can't be guaranteed so avoidance was advised in the first place. Since then I've seen articles suggesting that women make a personal choice and weigh up the risk to baby/benefit to them if mum has health conditions that would make her more vulnerable to covid. That's the approach in the USA with the Pfizer vaccine.

It's just hard to know what to do now - plough on and wait, or try for a baby (I've just completed one try cycle but didn't fall pregnant- I wasn't super accurate though as my best day fell on Christmas day and I was just too bloody full of cheese!).

There's always a risk I might be moved into a 'hot" area by which time I hopefully may be pregnant and moved out, or by that time more data will be available and I'll be able to make a more informed choice about it. I'm definitely pro vaccine and am hoping by the end of the first half of the year they will begin offering it in pregnancy like the flu vaccine as they will know the safety profile. At the moment I just feel a little bit like a guineapig

Reactions: 4
So what happens if you get pregnant after the first vaccine, before the booster, but also fall pregnant two months after the vaccine. Is this considered safe?

I'm guessing yes - I saw elsewhere that if you fall pregnant after the first vaccine you can't receive the booster and my colleague said she was asked if she was TTC when she had it or planned to TTC. I suppose the effectiveness of the vaccine may be reduced overall if you can't receive the booster until after your pregnancy/breastfeeding you may have lost yourinitial vaccine response and therefore either have the vaccine again from scratch or be unable to have the booster and just hope you had a good initial response 🤷 there are some vaccines that you can't "repeat" like your combined childhood vaccines as it would be considered an "overdose" but I have no idea if this would apply to the covid vaccine or not.

As you can tell I have been mulling this over and scrabbling around for data but theres just no black and white answer

Reactions: 1
I'm guessing yes - I saw elsewhere that if you fall pregnant after the first vaccine you can't receive the booster and my colleague said she was asked if she was TTC when she had it or planned to TTC. I suppose the effectiveness of the vaccine may be reduced overall if you can't receive the booster until after your pregnancy/breastfeeding you may have lost yourinitial vaccine response and therefore either have the vaccine again from scratch or be unable to have the booster and just hope you had a good initial response 🤷 there are some vaccines that you can't "repeat" like your combined childhood vaccines as it would be considered an "overdose" but I have no idea if this would apply to the covid vaccine or not.

As you can tell I have been mulling this over and scrabbling around for data but theres just no black and white answer
My form I submitted for work asked if I was going to TTC in the next two months, it may be worth speaking to somebody and asking if you can get the booster sooner rather than later? Of course, easier said than done but it is such a mess wondering what is the right thing to do 😔

@Wishwash thats really useful information. I get why you’re so unsure too. Like you said I guess it’s down to personal choice but with it being such a new thing it’s hard to know the right thing to do if you’re a front line worker

Hi all! I'm sorry if this has already been covered. Are there any keyworkers in this thread who are continuing to TTC despite covid?

I'm a front line worker and was offered the Pfizer vaccine but declined for now as trying for my second baby. Have now found out I'm being redeployed from my normal area to another "cold" area (no covid patients but higher potential for exposure) and I'mdithering now.

Really not sure whether to defer trying and have the vaccine but they are now delaying the boosters for up to twelve weeks. This means even if I had it tomorrow I may have to wait up to 5 months before I could start trying.
So hard as once you have that desire to start trying I feel like I can't just switch it off.
ICU nurse here, I have been offered it & I have rejected it as advised by my manager who knows I'm TTC. Any woman trying for a baby has been told they don't have to have it.

Reactions: 3
I won’t be having any vaccine while ttc or pregnant! Especially not after the thalidomide disaster. I’m not an anti vaxxer at all but I don’t think it’s necessary for me.

Reactions: 3
I think they say a few months prior to trying. I read about it and started taking it in August then came off the pill in September (no positive test yet though). Starting it now would probably be fine though!

Sorry @Bwacac had a quick question about the COQ10 - in Luisa’s blog she says she took 3 of the tablets each day (900mg in total). I bought the same ones she mentioned and have been taking three a day too. Just noticed on the bottle it says to take one a day though... I’m guessing taking more won’t hurt but just wondered what you did if you don’t mind me asking?
I went down the middle and took 600mg a day. Purely down to the cost seeing as they are £28 a bottle. Good luck to you lovely.

Wow I can’t believe I’ve found a thread about TTC!! Me and my husband have been trying for just over a year now. We both have a child each from a previous relationship, took 6 years for me to conceive him. I think we need to book a drs apt because I can’t wait another 6 years to conceive

Also, has anyone else lost all trust in pregnancy tests? FRER and clearblue even gave me false positives in November and I’ve had so many false positives with cheap tests. I’ll never believe it until I see a digital confirming.

when did everyone go to the drs? We’ve been trying since October 2019
I didn’t even think it was possible to get a false positive!!

I didn’t even think it was possible to get a false positive!!
It’s not, really. For the OP of that post to have false positives from 2 different brands in the same month possibly indicates it could have been a chemical pregnancy or where the egg has fertilised but failed to implant. That’s common and can give off a faint positive line. For a false positive to happen any other way could also mean blood in the urine - albeit very rare for tests to give false positives on a 99% accuracy on more than one branded test x

It’s not, really. For the OP of that post to have false positives from 2 different brands in the same month possibly indicates it could have been a chemical pregnancy or where the egg has fertilised but failed to implant. That’s common and can give off a faint positive line. For a false positive to happen any other way could also mean blood in the urine - albeit very rare for tests to give false positives on a 99% accuracy on more than one branded test x
That would mean that I have had multiple chemical pregnancies

That would mean that I have had multiple chemical pregnancies
It’s certainly not impossible. I am pregnant at the moment and we bad fertility treatment and became friendly with another couple of a forum and the wife had a chemical pregnancy for 4 or 5 months in a row. The clinic discovered she was lacking in something vitamin wise and her treatment was successful first time too. It can also mean the lining of your womb is too thin and therefore the embryo is failing to implant.

It’s certainly not impossible. I am pregnant at the moment and we bad fertility treatment and became friendly with another couple of a forum and the wife had a chemical pregnancy for 4 or 5 months in a row. The clinic discovered she was lacking in something vitamin wise and her treatment was successful first time too. It can also mean the lining of your womb is too thin and therefore the embryo is failing to implant.
Wow really? I accepted the first to be a chemical pregnancy but when I had multiple positive tests most months I assumed it had to be dodgy tests. Thank you for this, it’s very reassuring. I have my first apt with my dr on thursday to discuss fertility issues. Would you mind telling me what to expect from this apt as you have been through it before? It took a lot for me to make the appointment x

Wow really? I accepted the first to be a chemical pregnancy but when I had multiple positive tests most months I assumed it had to be dodgy tests. Thank you for this, it’s very reassuring. I have my first apt with my dr on thursday to discuss fertility issues. Would you mind telling me what to expect from this apt as you have been through it before? It took a lot for me to make the appointment x
well my husband and I had to have IUI treatment with donor sperm after cancer treatment left him with problems - but I had all the tests before hand as I didn’t want IVF. I had my tubes checked to make sure they were open, my AMH level checked to say how many eggs I have left, and then regular scans to check the lining of my womb. I basically went in on the day I ovulated and they put the sperm up straight into my womb so it doesn’t have far to swim and it worked first time.

if you are getting positive tests that’s a good indicator the egg is being fertilised, but it could be something as simple as thin lining which can be fixed with medications etc

We went private as the NHS were pissing us about with wait times and wanted us to have all sorts of counselling first which was very annoying.

But the gp will likely do blood tests to make sure you are ovulating and they may even do the AMH blood test but I think that’s unlikely as it’s quite expensive and they don’t tend to do it as routine.

Hi guys!

Quick question, has anyone had a hysterosalpingogram to check if your Fallopian tubes are not blocked?

Just wondering what it’s like, I’m really anxious

Hi guys!

Quick question, has anyone had a hysterosalpingogram to check if your Fallopian tubes are not blocked?

Just wondering what it’s like, I’m really anxious
I had one.

it’s like a smear test they clamp you and then a thin catheter goes up and you don’t feel any pain it’s like a mild period cramp.

Reactions: 2
Bit off topic but did any of you have to bring up to your partners that you wanted to start TTC or were you all on the same page as them? My fiancé and I talk about kids a lot but when it comes to actually having the discussion of when we'd actually want to start TTC, he either makes a joke or brushes over it and nothing comes of it which frustrates me (it's maybe just a man thing idk) 😄🤦🏼‍♀️ I don't want to seem pushy on the topic as I'm the one who has to keep raising the topic but I don't know how much longer I can keep holding off. Like most women we worry about how long it will take and having had issues with losing my period in the past due to illness it does concern me if there was any lasting effects because of that but you never know these things until you're TTC.

I think a lot of men think getting pregnant is as easy as they teach you at school, all you to do is have unprotected sex and you'll definitely get pregnant when it's not as simple and straightforward as that. So they don't see the need for forward planning with cycles, coming off BC, tracking ovulation etc.

I'm rambling but hoping someone gets me 🙈😂

• Heart
Bit off topic but did any of you have to bring up to your partners that you wanted to start TTC or were you all on the same page as them? My fiancé and I talk about kids a lot but when it comes to actually having the discussion of when we'd actually want to start TTC, he either makes a joke or brushes over it and nothing comes of it which frustrates me (it's maybe just a man thing idk) 😄🤦🏼‍♀️ I don't want to seem pushy on the topic as I'm the one who has to keep raising the topic but I don't know how much longer I can keep holding off. Like most women we worry about how long it will take and having had issues with losing my period in the past due to illness it does concern me if there was any lasting effects because of that but you never know these things until you're TTC.

I think a lot of men think getting pregnant is as easy as they teach you at school, all you to do is have unprotected sex and you'll definitely get pregnant when it's not as simple and straightforward as that. So they don't see the need for forward planning with cycles, coming off BC, tracking ovulation etc.

I'm rambling but hoping someone gets me 🙈😂
It was my husband who actually suggested a baby to me😂. Although I don’t think he realised how hard it can be to conceive for some people. He conceived the first time with his ex!

flat out cook a nice dinner for you both, a nice bottle of wine and bring it up over dinner. Pluck up the confidence and say I think I’m ready to try for a baby with you, I want to come off contraception and I was wondering what page you’re on?

It was my husband who actually suggested a baby to me😂. Although I don’t think he realised how hard it can be to conceive for some people. He conceived the first time with his ex!

flat out cook a nice dinner for you both, a nice bottle of wine and bring it up over dinner. Pluck up the confidence and say I think I’m ready to try for a baby with you, I want to come off contraception and I was wondering what page you’re on?
I like your thinking! Thank you! 💕 Its weird because you can be with someone years, go through so much together but still get nervous asking your partner questions like that. Think it's more the fear of rejection/ being told not yet...again 🙈 I'm planning to get my implant out very soon because my body is just all over the place with it and he's all for me doing that so that removes that part of the convo at least 😄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.