TTC’ers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Period ended 2 days ago and I feel very optimistic for the new year! The tww in Dec I felt very intense and kind of in a daze, I think there's a lot of pressure hoping for that Xmas bfp! But I'm feeling a lot calmer (for now).

How is everyone else feeling?
I love your positivity.
I’m really gutted I was on the pill for so long because I don’t know what’s going on with my cycles. I thought I was coming on AF but I’ve just had three days of extremely light on and off spotting when I wipe only. I found a really good doctor on YouTube who said about doing a synthetic hormone detox so I’m going to try and do that and get my hormones back to normal. Once that’s more back to normal I’m sure it’ll support being able to conceive.

So, we don’t have children and I miscarried our baby on Valentines Day 2019. It was all very traumatic for me physically more than mentally I think. This year we want to try again (preferably in the summer once we’ve cleared a couple of debts, I know there’s never an ideal time but I’d rather know we are giving ourselves the best chance financially so I can have mat leave longer than three months etc) only thing is I am PETRIFIED to put myself in that vulnerable position again - what if it happens again, mentally I’m not sure I’d cope. I’m also annoyed we missed out on so many holidays etc in 2020 and the odds of us getting them now before we try for a baby are slim. So I’m angry at the world for that because it’s time we can never get back. Aware I’m sounding very selfish and I know people have it far worse but please don’t judge, it’s the way I’m feeling

Sorry to read what you’ve been through. No one should judge you, you’ve been through an ordeal, a terrible experience which is traumatic and probably leaves you with ptsd. Really hoping this year is more positive for you 💖

Reactions: 2
Period ended 2 days ago and I feel very optimistic for the new year! The tww in Dec I felt very intense and kind of in a daze, I think there's a lot of pressure hoping for that Xmas bfp! But I'm feeling a lot calmer (for now).

How is everyone else feeling?
I’m feeling the same as you! In December I put a lot of pressure on us, I was ill with tonsillitis while I was ovulating but we carried on trying anyway (at my insistence). So feeling rough and then heaping so much pressure on myself wasn’t fun or a good decision in hindsight. I was also really hoping to fall before Christmas and was so disappointed when I didn’t.

I’m now taking the supplements I mentioned in another post, starting dry January today and also getting back on track with eating healthier now Christmas is over. Feeling positive for now 🤞🏼

So, we don’t have children and I miscarried our baby on Valentines Day 2019. It was all very traumatic for me physically more than mentally I think. This year we want to try again (preferably in the summer once we’ve cleared a couple of debts, I know there’s never an ideal time but I’d rather know we are giving ourselves the best chance financially so I can have mat leave longer than three months etc) only thing is I am PETRIFIED to put myself in that vulnerable position again - what if it happens again, mentally I’m not sure I’d cope. I’m also annoyed we missed out on so many holidays etc in 2020 and the odds of us getting them now before we try for a baby are slim. So I’m angry at the world for that because it’s time we can never get back. Aware I’m sounding very selfish and I know people have it far worse but please don’t judge, it’s the way I’m feeling
So sorry to hear that. That’s such a hard thing to go through, I feel like it doesn’t get spoken about or acknowledged enough either. Like you said the after effects can be so traumatic. Have you spoken to anyone about how you’re feeling?

Hiya, looking for some advice, partic from those UK based! Sorry for long post ahead.

I am 31. Got put on the pill when I was about maybe 18 due to painful/heavy/slightly irregular periods. Stopped it in May 2019, got my first period back 3 months afterwards. Since then periods have again become irregular with cycles ranging from 26 to 50 days (ish).
I have hypothyroidism but it is well controlled via meds. Have had various investigations for pcos (scans etc) but they were inconclusive. My bmi is healthy but i do get cystic chin acne and I am slightly 'hairier' than average (although I wouldn't say I have hirsutism)

Started charting my BBTs in the Summer. BBTs seem to suggest I ovulate but this is late in the cycle (never before day 20) and period usually comes only a few days after that (on average just a week long 'luteal phase')

GP tested my progesterone levels twice on day 21 and once also day 26 and both times they were low. They say it's very unlikely I ovulate (BBT charts suggest differently but from what I have read and understood collating all the evidence together, even if I ovulate it's prob a 'weak' ovulation)

They are getting my partner's sperm re-tested (first time round his morphology was low 😬) and then they said they could put me on med to induce ovulation. From reading forums/websites online etc it seems rare GPs will lead on such a thing though, however the GP said it can be done via them. I will of course ask for more details but has anyone had a similar experience, having this done via GP?
Also did they get you do an internal scan - i had it a few times and hate it, can never relax and always made feel like I am silly :(

I love your positivity.
I’m really gutted I was on the pill for so long because I don’t know what’s going on with my cycles. I thought I was coming on AF but I’ve just had three days of extremely light on and off spotting when I wipe only. I found a really good doctor on YouTube who said about doing a synthetic hormone detox so I’m going to try and do that and get my hormones back to normal. Once that’s more back to normal I’m sure it’ll support being able to conceive.
Good luck with your detox! Hope it works well, knowing where you are even roughly with cycles will definitely help

I'm so sorry you went through that. Noone knows if a pregnancy will end in a healthy baby unfortunately, I guess we just weigh up if the chance of having a child outweighs the fear of another loss.
For me, the fact I might have another baby is enough to try again, if it ends in another loss then I would reconsider but it's something only you can decide.
I would also definitely look into talking to someone about your trauma and worries tho ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Hiya, looking for some advice, partic from those UK based! Sorry for long post ahead.

I am 31. Got put on the pill when I was about maybe 18 due to painful/heavy/slightly irregular periods. Stopped it in May 2019, got my first period back 3 months afterwards. Since then periods have again become irregular with cycles ranging from 26 to 50 days (ish).
I have hypothyroidism but it is well controlled via meds. Have had various investigations for pcos (scans etc) but they were inconclusive. My bmi is healthy but i do get cystic chin acne and I am slightly 'hairier' than average (although I wouldn't say I have hirsutism)

Started charting my BBTs in the Summer. BBTs seem to suggest I ovulate but this is late in the cycle (never before day 20) and period usually comes only a few days after that (on average just a week long 'luteal phase')

GP tested my progesterone levels twice on day 21 and once also day 26 and both times they were low. They say it's very unlikely I ovulate (BBT charts suggest differently but from what I have read and understood collating all the evidence together, even if I ovulate it's prob a 'weak' ovulation)

They are getting my partner's sperm re-tested (first time round his morphology was low 😬) and then they said they could put me on med to induce ovulation. From reading forums/websites online etc it seems rare GPs will lead on such a thing though, however the GP said it can be done via them. I will of course ask for more details but has anyone had a similar experience, having this done via GP?
Also did they get you do an internal scan - i had it a few times and hate it, can never relax and always made feel like I am silly :(
I will likely have to be put on clomid which is a medication to induce ovulation, in my area this is done by a dr through sub fertility clinic following a referral from your GP/practice nurse, but I know of other areas where gps will prescribe direct

Reactions: 1
Glad to have found this thread! 💖

my hubby and I are in our first month of ttc.

I don’t think it will happen quickly at all but the current wait for AF are awful!

I was diagnosed with PCOS at 31 - my periods have been getting heavier and heavier for years(
typical that my periods aren’t irregular as such! Sometimes they can last a whole month! 😭)
anyway I was referred to a gynaecologist in 2019 as GP suspected endometriosis so I had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy and luckily didn’t find any endo, however I do have a heart shaped womb, which means I’m at risk of late miscarriage, they removed a couple of “seedlings” from my womb and my tubes were severely blocked but they managed to unblock them.

I haven’t been on any form of contraceptives for at least 4 years, we were using the withdrawal method.

I am really sensitive to cystitis/UTIs if I have too much sex and need antibiotics! Not great for baby making 🤣

anyway - we’ve had sex 4 times over my estimated fertile period (Xmas time), 4 days later I had an increase in urination, I’ve googled and seen that this could be pregnancy symptoms (post on net mums knew she was pregnant this way) I know it’s unlikely given my history, but the wait is horrendous! My boobs are ridiculously sore and heavy! I know it will be my body playing tricks on me! Stupid hormones!!

sorry for the waffle - felt good to get it out!! We aren’t telling anybody we’re ttc until it happens xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Glad to have found this thread! 💖

my hubby and I are in our first month of ttc.

I don’t think it will happen quickly at all but the current wait for AF are awful!

I was diagnosed with PCOS at 31 - my periods have been getting heavier and heavier for years(
typical that my periods aren’t irregular as such! Sometimes they can last a whole month! 😭)
anyway I was referred to a gynaecologist in 2019 as GP suspected endometriosis so I had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy and luckily didn’t find any endo, however I do have a heart shaped womb, which means I’m at risk of late miscarriage, they removed a couple of “seedlings” from my womb and my tubes were severely blocked but they managed to unblock them.

I haven’t been on any form of contraceptives for at least 4 years, we were using the withdrawal method.

I am really sensitive to cystitis/UTIs if I have too much sex and need antibiotics! Not great for baby making 🤣

anyway - we’ve had sex 4 times over my estimated fertile period (Xmas time), 4 days later I had an increase in urination, I’ve googled and seen that this could be pregnancy symptoms (post on net mums knew she was pregnant this way) I know it’s unlikely given my history, but the wait is horrendous! My boobs are ridiculously sore and heavy! I know it will be my body playing tricks on me! Stupid hormones!!

sorry for the waffle - felt good to get it out!! We aren’t telling anybody we’re ttc until it happens xx

the ttw is horrible. I love a good google symptom search too haha. Really hoping you get your BFP sooner rather than later. Keep us updated 🙂

• Heart
Well today has been tough, I feel like there has been Instagram pregnancy announcements all day long. Mrs hinch, Ella Darby etc. One half of me is happy for all these women but the other half is uncontrollably jealous. Then I feel horrible for feeling envious. It’s a such a vicious cycle of feelings!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Well today has been tough, I feel like there has been Instagram pregnancy announcements all day long. Mrs hinch, Ella Darby etc. One half of me is happy for all these women but the other half is uncontrollably jealous. Then I feel horrible for feeling envious. It’s a such a vicious cycle of feelings!

😞

I know exactly how you are feeling, I feel the same. On Christmas Eve several people who already have two children announced they were pregnant on my SM. Of course I’m so happy for them and it doesn’t matter what number child it is, it’s lovely news. But exactly the same the other side of me is very jealous. It’s so hard.

I’m feeling the same as you! In December I put a lot of pressure on us, I was ill with tonsillitis while I was ovulating but we carried on trying anyway (at my insistence). So feeling rough and then heaping so much pressure on myself wasn’t fun or a good decision in hindsight. I was also really hoping to fall before Christmas and was so disappointed when I didn’t.

I’m now taking the supplements I mentioned in another post, starting dry January today and also getting back on track with eating healthier now Christmas is over. Feeling positive for now 🤞🏼

So sorry to hear that. That’s such a hard thing to go through, I feel like it doesn’t get spoken about or acknowledged enough either. Like you said the after effects can be so traumatic. Have you spoken to anyone about how you’re feeling?
I haven’t, I know I shouldn’t slate the NHS but I was treated so poorly throughout the whole process - I felt so let down and still do. My husband has mild autism, everything is so black and white to him so it’s hard for us both. I just need to be brave. I know I get through anything with my friends and family but I still feel vulnerable about it all.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
the ttw is horrible. I love a good google symptom search too haha. Really hoping you get your BFP sooner rather than later. Keep us updated 🙂
Thank you! Ive really never been interested in babies before! Then all of a sudden, it’s all I can think about!! We had always said no kids for us.

a psychic told me I’d have a little girl when I was 33 - I wouldn’t believe it but she told me about all the tests I’d have (which happened) and bowel tests i had previously (it was just a random woman that came up and spoke to me, sounds random but she told me so much stuff a stranger just couldn’t know), ive got 18 months til I’m 34! So there is every chance I’ll be having that baby at 33 ☺

• Heart
Thank you! Ive really never been interested in babies before! Then all of a sudden, it’s all I can think about!! We had always said no kids for us.

a psychic told me I’d have a little girl when I was 33 - I wouldn’t believe it but she told me about all the tests I’d have (which happened) and bowel tests i had previously (it was just a random woman that came up and spoke to me, sounds random but she told me so much stuff a stranger just couldn’t know), ive got 18 months til I’m 34! So there is every chance I’ll be having that baby at 33 ☺

I love stories like that, find them fascinating! Yes you’ve still got plenty of time left till then.

I’ve wanted a baby for ages and my partner is finally on the same page. I just wish I’d come off the pill sooner because I feel my hormones are completely messed up now and each cycle they seem to be getting weirder 🙄.

In school they made out that you have unprotected sex you will get pregnant, not actually that easy for a lot of us.

I haven’t, I know I shouldn’t slate the NHS but I was treated so poorly throughout the whole process - I felt so let down and still do. My husband has mild autism, everything is so black and white to him so it’s hard for us both. I just need to be brave. I know I get through anything with my friends and family but I still feel vulnerable about it all.
I really feel for you - and I’ve got everything crossed for you too that you get positive news this year x

It feels like it’s been non stop recently! I have so many girls on my Instagram that have made announcements over Christmas, it is hard not to feel jealous when it’s something you want so much

Reactions: 5
I love stories like that, find them fascinating! Yes you’ve still got plenty of time left till then.

I’ve wanted a baby for ages and my partner is finally on the same page. I just wish I’d come off the pill sooner because I feel my hormones are completely messed up now and each cycle they seem to be getting weirder 🙄.

In school they made out that you have unprotected sex you will get pregnant, not actually that easy for a lot of us.
so true! One mishap and you’re pregnant! Wish it was the case.

Sending you lots of luck!

men have it so easy!! (Like usual 🤣🤣) x

• Heart
I feel the same, one after another. Took us 18 months and then I miscarried at the beginning of December. We should have been telling people in a couple of weeks and instead everyone seems to be announcing instead. Sending you lots of love.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Sorry for jumpin on here and please delete if not allowed. I'm on my last month of TTC baby number 5. Yes i hear you all saying "wow 5.... she's so lucky to have that many. Why be selfish etc" i say these things to myself. Thing is after 5 years IVF i conceived twin girls 7 years ago. Then when they were 2 I had my boy (natural conception) but he was stillborn (due to hospital neglegence) Desperate for a baby, I was blessed with another girl 18 months ago. Thing is I am desperate to get pregnant again. We said we'd give ourselves 7 months and now January is the last month. If nothing happens then thats it.
I don't know if this desperation is the want for a baby or the want for my son.
I'm posting here (as I couldn't see a thread on it) but how do people cope if thats it, thats the end of their pregnancy journey.
Again never intend to be insensitive or offensive so delete if not allowed.
Thanks so much and wishing all here baby dust.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Long term lurker here joining just for this thread!

My first month of TTC, I came off Yasmin my contraceptive 5 weeks ago after being on it for almost 15 years. Isn't it mad how you spend so long trying not to get pregnant then all of a sudden you're desperate for it?

I'm freaked out about it all as I'm 30, so I've never really known what my natural cycle is as it's always been controlled by the pill. Been reading so many horror stories about how people's cycles don't go back to normal. I need to refrain from the internet!

My first period since my withdrawal bleed is due next week, if my cycle length is a typical 28-30 dayer.

Just brain dumping really! Good luck to everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Sorry for jumpin on here and please delete if not allowed. I'm on my last month of TTC baby number 5. Yes i hear you all saying "wow 5.... she's so lucky to have that many. Why be selfish etc" i say these things to myself. Thing is after 5 years IVF i conceived twin girls 7 years ago. Then when they were 2 I had my boy (natural conception) but he was stillborn (due to hospital neglegence) Desperate for a baby, I was blessed with another girl 18 months ago. Thing is I am desperate to get pregnant again. We said we'd give ourselves 7 months and now January is the last month. If nothing happens then thats it.
I don't know if this desperation is the want for a baby or the want for my son.
I'm posting here (as I couldn't see a thread on it) but how do people cope if thats it, thats the end of their pregnancy journey.
Again never intend to be insensitive or offensive so delete if not allowed.
Thanks so much and wishing all here baby dust.

You’re not selfish at all! If you want another baby you should try to do so, you’re not selfish one bit. Everyone’s TTC journey is different and has its own challenges. Sorry to read what you’ve been through. You’re in the right place if you want support x x

Long term lurker here joining just for this thread!

My first month of TTC, I came off Yasmin my contraceptive 5 weeks ago after being on it for almost 15 years. Isn't it mad how you spend so long trying not to get pregnant then all of a sudden you're desperate for it?

I'm freaked out about it all as I'm 30, so I've never really known what my natural cycle is as it's always been controlled by the pill. Been reading so many horror stories about how people's cycles don't go back to normal. I need to refrain from the internet!

My first period since my withdrawal bleed is due next week, if my cycle length is a typical 28-30 dayer.

Just brain dumping really! Good luck to everyone.

I really wish I came off the pill sooner. Each month my cycles have been different and each tww the symptoms have been different which is hard when symptom spotting 😂.

Hopefully it won’t be too much longer till your natural cycle comes back. Everyone is different and for some people it doesn’t take long at all x x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
You’re not selfish at all! If you want another baby you should try to do so, you’re not selfish one bit. Everyone’s TTC journey is different and has its own challenges. Sorry to read what you’ve been through. You’re in the right place if you want support x x

I really wish I came off the pill sooner. Each month my cycles have been different and each tww the symptoms have been different which is hard when symptom spotting 😂.

Hopefully it won’t be too much longer till your natural cycle comes back. Everyone is different and for some people it doesn’t take long at all x x
How long have you been off the pill for if you don't mind me asking? Sorry if you have already said this earlier!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.