TTC’ers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How long have you been off the pill for if you don't mind me asking? Sorry if you have already said this earlier!

No not at all. I stopped in July and had my first proper period at the end of August. I was on the pill for 10 years. The last couple of periods have changed so they’re just really light spotting for most of it and two days of medium. So not sure what’s going on there.

So, we don’t have children and I miscarried our baby on Valentines Day 2019. It was all very traumatic for me physically more than mentally I think. This year we want to try again (preferably in the summer once we’ve cleared a couple of debts, I know there’s never an ideal time but I’d rather know we are giving ourselves the best chance financially so I can have mat leave longer than three months etc) only thing is I am PETRIFIED to put myself in that vulnerable position again - what if it happens again, mentally I’m not sure I’d cope. I’m also annoyed we missed out on so many holidays etc in 2020 and the odds of us getting them now before we try for a baby are slim. So I’m angry at the world for that because it’s time we can never get back. Aware I’m sounding very selfish and I know people have it far worse but please don’t judge, it’s the way I’m feeling
I had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks so I know how you feel. It happened a couple of months ago and physically I still don't feel right. Sending a big hug x

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Sorry for jumpin on here and please delete if not allowed. I'm on my last month of TTC baby number 5. Yes i hear you all saying "wow 5.... she's so lucky to have that many. Why be selfish etc" i say these things to myself. Thing is after 5 years IVF i conceived twin girls 7 years ago. Then when they were 2 I had my boy (natural conception) but he was stillborn (due to hospital neglegence) Desperate for a baby, I was blessed with another girl 18 months ago. Thing is I am desperate to get pregnant again. We said we'd give ourselves 7 months and now January is the last month. If nothing happens then thats it.
I don't know if this desperation is the want for a baby or the want for my son.
I'm posting here (as I couldn't see a thread on it) but how do people cope if thats it, thats the end of their pregnancy journey.
Again never intend to be insensitive or offensive so delete if not allowed.
Thanks so much and wishing all here baby dust.
Not insensitive or selfish at all, I can completely understand why you want to keep trying. I always wonder this too, whether there has to come a point where you just accept it’s not going to happen? It would be hard to deal with definitely.

Long term lurker here joining just for this thread!

My first month of TTC, I came off Yasmin my contraceptive 5 weeks ago after being on it for almost 15 years. Isn't it mad how you spend so long trying not to get pregnant then all of a sudden you're desperate for it?

I'm freaked out about it all as I'm 30, so I've never really known what my natural cycle is as it's always been controlled by the pill. Been reading so many horror stories about how people's cycles don't go back to normal. I need to refrain from the internet!

My first period since my withdrawal bleed is due next week, if my cycle length is a typical 28-30 dayer.

Just brain dumping really! Good luck to everyone.
This!! It’s embarrassing really how little I knew about ovulation etc before I started trying.

I wish I had come off of my pill earlier too. Id been mentioning it since the start of last year but my partner wasn’t sure and wanted to wait until we’d moved house. I came off it in September with him now really wanting a baby too and luckily things have gone back to normal (so far), but I do think that if I had come off it earlier then by now we’d have been trying for a little while. He seemed a bit surprised that it doesn’t always happen straight away even though I had mentioned it a few times...

I think it’s just a hard feeling when it’s something you want so much and it’s like a month by month wait all the time!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
My hair is currently falling out at a worrying rate. Another side affect of the pill I’m thinking 😔

I had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks so I know how you feel. It happened a couple of months ago and physically I still don't feel right. Sending a big hug x
I’m so sorry for what you’re going through. I think people just expect you to be grieving and that is it but physically it’s so hard. Worse than I could’ve ever imagined. My miscarriage was also missed so I had to have the tablets on my cervix and when they said you’ll bleed heavily nothing could’ve prepared me.
I hope you had good treatment from the NHS. I had to be kept in for two nights. If I’m lucky enough to fall pregnant again we might have to consider private healthcare as I was treated appallingly

• Sad
My hair is currently falling out at a worrying rate. Another side affect of the pill I’m thinking 😔
I feel you!! I'm having awful cystic acne outbreaks due to coming off the pill!! Been 6 months and it's finally starting to calm down!

P.s I cried when I seen Mrs Hinch announce shes pregnant (I really don't like her so it also pissed me off). Infact I've cried at each announcment I've seen.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I feel you!! I'm having awful cystic acne outbreaks due to coming off the pill!! Been 6 months and it's finally starting to calm down!

P.s I cried when I seen Mrs Hinch announce shes pregnant (I really don't like her so it also pissed me off). Infact I've cried at each announcment I've seen.

Glad your cystic acne is calming down now 😔. It’s horrendous isn’t it. Mine have been terrible, still got three bigs lumps on my chin and one on my nose, they just don’t go.

😔 It’s so hard isn’t it. Every ttw I get carried away, I imagine telling my parents, I imagine what I’d call the baby it’s just like self torture. X

• Heart
Glad your cystic acne is calming down now 😔. It’s horrendous isn’t it. Mine have been terrible, still got three bigs lumps on my chin and one on my nose, they just don’t go.

😔 It’s so hard isn’t it. Every ttw I get carried away, I imagine telling my parents, I imagine what I’d call the baby it’s just like self torture. X
You sound exactly like me! Id convinced myself I had PCOS because of how bad they were as my two sisters have it (though im already under gyne and in 7 years its not been diagnosed despite asking if I have it and being told no) you honestly don't understand how normal it makes me feel to know I'm not alone in the cyst club🤣

I'm in my TWW now I think. We did no OPKs or anything this month & im due in a week and a bit. I've been lightheaded a lot today but trying so hard to not think into it! Fingers crossed it's one of our months soon! X

You sound exactly like me! Id convinced myself I had PCOS because of how bad they were as my two sisters have it (though im already under gyne and in 7 years its not been diagnosed despite asking if I have it and being told no) you honestly don't understand how normal it makes me feel to know I'm not alone in the cyst club🤣

I'm in my TWW now I think. We did no OPKs or anything this month & im due in a week and a bit. I've been lightheaded a lot today but trying so hard to not think into it! Fingers crossed it's one of our months soon! X
Ps. This has helped my cystic acne loads! £25 from Morrisons, its a red and blue light thing, it clears it up faster than just 'waiting'

Attachments

Wonder what’s causing yours then. They’re the worst, I’ve had one for two months now although it has shrunk down a lot compared to what it was like originally. I’m going to ask for blood tests.

Hope you get something positive at the end of this TWW! 🤞 x x

Reactions: 1
I’m so sorry for what you’re going through. I think people just expect you to be grieving and that is it but physically it’s so hard. Worse than I could’ve ever imagined. My miscarriage was also missed so I had to have the tablets on my cervix and when they said you’ll bleed heavily nothing could’ve prepared me.
I hope you had good treatment from the NHS. I had to be kept in for two nights. If I’m lucky enough to fall pregnant again we might have to consider private healthcare as I was treated appallingly
I also felt like I wasn't treated well at all. I took the tablets orally but nothing happened. So took more the next day. And it was horrific. So sorry you went through this. I really hope for a happier 2021 for you xx

Does anyone else feel like EVERYONE is pregnant right now. Celebs, friends... Everyone. Seriously. Fed up of seeing announcements

Last edited:
  • Sad
Does anyone else feel like EVERYONE is pregnant right now. Celebs, friends... Everyone. Seriously. Fed up of seeing announcements
Hi all, I have been avoiding this thread for a little while as it stirs up too many feelings but I'm so glad I did, it's nice to know that I'm not alone 🧡

We started ttc June 2019 and managed to fall pregnant in July, however I had an early miscarriage so we decided to stop trying for a while. I then started a great new job on what would have been my due date so it kind of felt like everything happens for a reason.

But since we started again arghhh it's been so frustrating, especially as we fell so quick the first time around. What doesn't help is my bro in law and his fiance are now expecting a baby because 'they don't want to put their plans on hold' and his fiance is 10 years younger than me 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Wow I can’t believe I’ve found a thread about TTC!! Me and my husband have been trying for just over a year now. We both have a child each from a previous relationship, took 6 years for me to conceive him. I think we need to book a drs apt because I can’t wait another 6 years to conceive

Also, has anyone else lost all trust in pregnancy tests? FRER and clearblue even gave me false positives in November and I’ve had so many false positives with cheap tests. I’ll never believe it until I see a digital confirming.

when did everyone go to the drs? We’ve been trying since October 2019

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Glad you both found this thread. I was relieved too knowing there’s others in the same boat x x

• Heart
On third cycle of TTC now so still early days but find it hard to think of anything else! Trying not to symptom spot this month as googling everything doesn’t help! Used an ovulation kit for first time this month and looks like I ovulated 4 days before my app predicted I would.
My sister has just found out she’s pregnant (she wasn’t trying), so happy for her 😄 but hope it happens for me soon 🤞🏼 Hope everyone is doing ok, let’s hope 2021 is our year!

• Heart
Hi all hope I can join. I'm 28 and ttc number 1 and I'm on cycle 12. I came off the pill after years on it but my periods have come back regular although light. I'm surrounded by pregnant friends and family or they have babies and there are constant scans on social media, the lockdown baby boom really happened!
I stopped doing opks as I found it so stressful and got obsessed, and it didn't work. It hasn't worked since though either 😂
Its so hard sometimes, I got my AF a couple of days ago, a day late and with it being Christmas it just shattered me. I'm trying to see 2021 as a whole new year of hope, but it's hard right now.
I know there are many of you that have been trying far longer, so I know I haven't had it tough but it is hard when hearing 'we only did it the once' 'it only took a couple of months' or that it was an accident when it's something you want so much x
Hi have you went and got your bloods, tubes checked ? I was in the same boat and went for a hsg and my left tube was blocked so some months could never happen just didn’t realise. All other test perfect. ivf soon as still hasn’t happened but best to go get all checked as there are no symptoms of blocked tubes preventing sperm and egg meeting

Reactions: 1
Hey

Trying for baby no.2 in a few months. We didn’t really try as such for our first, he was planned but in a whatever happens happens sort of way! I want to be more prepared this time!

I have the Ovia app. When is it recommended to start folic acid? I only started once I found out I was pregnant last time.

Hey

Trying for baby no.2 in a few months. We didn’t really try as such for our first, he was planned but in a whatever happens happens sort of way! I want to be more prepared this time!

I have the Ovia app. When is it recommended to start folic acid? I only started once I found out I was pregnant last time.
I think they say a few months prior to trying. I read about it and started taking it in August then came off the pill in September (no positive test yet though). Starting it now would probably be fine though!

I read her blog and bought the supplements. I’m now almost 20 weeks pregnant at the age of 43. It I conceived within 4 months of starting the supplements. Good luck to you x
Sorry @Bwacac had a quick question about the COQ10 - in Luisa’s blog she says she took 3 of the tablets each day (900mg in total). I bought the same ones she mentioned and have been taking three a day too. Just noticed on the bottle it says to take one a day though... I’m guessing taking more won’t hurt but just wondered what you did if you don’t mind me asking?

Last edited:
Hi all! I'm sorry if this has already been covered. Are there any keyworkers in this thread who are continuing to TTC despite covid?

I'm a front line worker and was offered the Pfizer vaccine but declined for now as trying for my second baby. Have now found out I'm being redeployed from my normal area to another "cold" area (no covid patients but higher potential for exposure) and I'mdithering now.

Really not sure whether to defer trying and have the vaccine but they are now delaying the boosters for up to twelve weeks. This means even if I had it tomorrow I may have to wait up to 5 months before I could start trying.
So hard as once you have that desire to start trying I feel like I can't just switch it off.

Hi all! I'm sorry if this has already been covered. Are there any keyworkers in this thread who are continuing to TTC despite covid?

I'm a front line worker and was offered the Pfizer vaccine but declined for now as trying for my second baby. Have now found out I'm being redeployed from my normal area to another "cold" area (no covid patients but higher potential for exposure) and I'mdithering now.

Really not sure whether to defer trying and have the vaccine but they are now delaying the boosters for up to twelve weeks. This means even if I had it tomorrow I may have to wait up to 5 months before I could start trying.
So hard as once you have that desire to start trying I feel like I can't just switch it off.
I’m NHS too but not been offered it yet. I’m still on maternity (due back next week). We are going to try for number 2 in the summer so thought if I’m offered the vaccine now then I’ll be ok, but I didn’t even think about the space between the second dosage 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’ve heard really mixed things about the vaccine and pregnancy. Is it advised that you don’t have it when TTC? I probably won’t be offered it for ages yet but had already decided I wouldn’t have it while trying, but a friend has been sending me bits and pieces about how it’s safe for pregnant women.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.