Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Missdissapointed

Chatty Member
evening all! So this is probably me being extra on the symptom spotting in my TWW🙄 butttt has any else experienced this - I got my peak on 9th so I’m assuming I ovulated on 10th. Since then I’ve felt really light cramping so mildly and a dull ache on my lower right belly. Does anyone know what it could be or am I just being extra?

louichi

I've told myself that I'm not testing this month and I'm just going to wait for AF to arrive. If I do it once I won't stop!

Vivian124

VIP Member
My friends birthday is January 4th and she hates it because by then everyone is broke and sick of eating and drinking and depressed post xmas, I'd hate to have my birthday in January 😂

MissCaz

I’m a teacher too. What’s your school’s policy about pregnancy and Covid if you don’t mind me asking? Mine is saying that all pregnant women should work from home in all three trimesters, which in some ways I think is amazing, but the first trimester is scary, and surely means you need to essentially announce your pregnancy from the moment you get a positive test. I’m tempted to contact either a union rep or HR and find out the protocol but I was hoping I’d have been pregnant and out of the first trimester before we go back. Currently on my period and due back at work in 2 weeks so no chance of that!
I’m not sure tbh but I imagine they expect pregnant women to be in school except for the third trimester if the woman wants to work from home. I’m only going on what happened last September...we had two pregnant teachers, one wanted to come back to school so did right up until baby was nearly due, the other one didn’t but she had to fill out a risk assessment saying why it wasn’t safe and the school eventually agreed and let her work from home.

I agree yours is tricky because you don’t want to have to tell them before 12 weeks but it is good that they are saying you can work from home.

I think, based on the latest guidance, I wouldn’t mind going to school up until the third trimester as that is when it is more dangerous if you catch Covid.

Dipdab

VIP Member
Has anyone tried the clear blue digital ovulation kit? Thinking of getting one for this month?

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
8dpo today. Boob are absolutely killing me. Pretty sure that’s too early for it to be pregnancy related so I’m going to say my periods on it’s way😫
Comparing to my symptoms last month I’d say I’m out but we’ll see 😬

Makeupaddict5

Out of curiosity has anyone changed some things in their diet or lifestyle?
I have cut out alcohol completely, dying for a glass now but I’m on a roll and don’t want to ruin it.
I now have one coffee a day.
Also I sleep at least 8 hours a day or more now as pre lockdown I was on 6-7 hours a day.
I increased my fat intake.
i walk more in the day light.
Just wondering if anyone else has made some changes to their diets or lifestyle?

CNK

Hi all,

Had my appointment today as its over a year. The doctor was so so lovely about it all. Gonna have a few tests and he's told me not to give up and I feel a bit better tonight.

I've thought about starting the opks again but they really stressed me out last time so not sure it's a good idea.
Anyone else stop doing them as they got stressed or obsessed?
I tried them last year and never once could see a positive line, but am definitely ovulating as at my hycosy doctor said you ovulated from left the last time etc

Mardyarse

evening all! So this is probably me being extra on the symptom spotting in my TWW🙄 butttt has any else experienced this - I got my peak on 9th so I’m assuming I ovulated on 10th. Since then I’ve felt really light cramping so mildly and a dull ache on my lower right belly. Does anyone know what it could be or am I just being extra?
Could be ovulation pain, after a positive ovulation test can be up to 36 hours before you ovulate and that can be another 24hrs 😊

a.pain

VIP Member
Hi, in my experience opks are unreliable with pcos unfortunately. I’d recommend bbt charting as it might help with a pattern so you have an idea when you’re ovulating. TTC is so tough and even tougher with pcos!!
I am doing that as well but wanted to do as many methods as possible just to see what I got! I only weigh about 1 stone more now than when I got pregnant the first time but that one stone/the hormones of giving birth or a combination seem to have kicked off the PCOS as I only got diagnosed 6 months ago, my cycles were completely regular before and the OPKs worked no problem! Literally no symptoms whatsoever so of course I never thought I had it. Trying to lose that stone to see if my periods go back to normal but I’m convinced the first pregnancy has sent my body completely out of whack...

Thank you for your message made me a little teary. Sorry for your loss ❤. I guess the first time I was in complete shock it took me 8 months to be completely emotionally stable. The last time I miscarried I cried for a day as it sounds bad but I almost got used to the disappointment. For me it’s very hard during lockdown as the whole month is consumed trying for a baby and waiting for the pregnancy test to say yes. My last miscarriage was a complete nightmare took nearly 2/3 months. We have been trying again since September 2020. Me and my doctor have an action plan to prevent a miscarriage so I’m very optimistic. I believe there is hope and I came from a difficult upbringing and one thing I’ve always wanted is a family unit something I’ve craved my whole life. I know I’ll get there and hopefully all the TTC tattlers and yourself. 2021 has to be my miracle year. My advise is take time to heal and on your own time. Be kind to yourself. It’s not your fault and if you feel severely down talk to your husband/ partner. Remember we cannot be positive all the time. And any time you want to talk I’m here :))
Wow you really are a star! I think thats what alot of it was for me, the disappointment of ‘failing’ when theres nothing you can do and i realise it wasnt my fault. Helpless but you have to keep going. I felt embarassed infront of people that i had miscarried which is daft. And the process takes so bloody long to sort doesnt it! I had a missed miscarriage and it was taking a while to actually happen so i had a d&c, but because i had a private scan initially they wouldnt use their imagery of course. So even though i found earlier than if i had waited for 12 week scan i still had to wait weeks inbetween appointments to be seen/check its definetely not viable then have surgery. Im so impatient though i just wanted to know! What do u mean u and ur doctor have a plan in place? Xx

Pikaboo

Has anyone ovulated late and still fell pregnant? The time between ovulation and my AF is only 9 days which doesn't seem long enough

Spencerskates

VIP Member
I had all of the ovulation signs yesterday - a positive OPK (though only ‘high’ on Clearblue digital), pain in the general ovary area, lots of EWCM, which I don’t often get, and increased sex drive. I took another OPK this morning and it’s lower - still a fairly dark second line but a good way away from a positive. Is this normal after ovulation? I don’t normally test after I’ve had a peak but because I didn’t have one on the clearblue I thought it was worth a try.

I’m hoping my OvuSense will show a temperature raise tonight!

anon2345

Thanks for starting this thread!

I am TTC for the first time. I came off the pill in September after taking it for 7 years and luckily my periods have gone back to normal straight away.

I’m tracking my cycles on Ovia which is helpful - I feel like I’ve spent my adult life trying not to get pregnant and now suddenly I need to know about cycle lengths and ovulation days 😂

Really interested to read everyone else’s posts because I don’t have any friends in the same boat and we’re not telling anyone we’re trying because I’m worried it might not happen and I don’t want to be questioned about it constantly!

I literally feel like I wrote this as I am in exactly the same position as you!
My periods are normal but still not got a BFP