Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Hey girls, hope you're all ok. I have a question. I did a pregnancy test 2 days ago (AF due this sat) and had the faintest of lines but there was deffo something, so I did it again yesterday and nothing. I have one digital CB left and didn't want to waste it just yet. I read that OPKs can sometimes read it too so I did one and got this...what do you think?

Attachments

Dipdab

VIP Member
Well my period is still late.... cramps have disappeared & my cervical mucus (tmi sorry) is awful, had to change out of my scrub pants already because it literally soaked thru my underwear and pants. Tests still negative 😪 really wish my body would just be clear and say I'm pregnant or not!
How frustrating, how many days late are you? Is it worth contacting doctors? My gp has an online chat set up not sure if yours has a similar service?

lisa94xo

Hi, everyone!
My partner and I stopped using contraception after Christmas, and I'm now in the two week wait period of my second cycle.
The first cycle, we tried for a baby on the day my Flo app said I should be ovulating. For the second cycle, I bought the ClearBlue ovulation strips, and we tried on the evening when I first saw a smiley face prop up - two days before my app said I should be ovulating. We usually only are intimate once a week; but do you think it would be better to try more than once during that period? Sorry if I sound naïve - I stupidly thought getting pregnant would be simple but it's such a short window of time to actually conceive; it's so stressful! Thanks in advance.

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Hi everyone!
I just wanted to say thank you for all of your help and support this month!

we’ve had our pregnancy confirmed with bloods and (so many) home tests. EDD 1st of October if all goes well!

good luck everyone and lots of baby dust ✨
Congratulations! ❤

Wishwash

I just have a quick question - apologies if this has been covered before. I have been using an app to track my cycles and seem to have fairly accurate ovulation days based on it - I get symptoms of lower tummy pangs (it's not really pain) very thick sticky clear discharge and I notice my sex drive goes up. Had unprotected sex on my ovulation day (23rd Jan) and experienced some spotting on the 27th and 28th so only 4 dpo. I thought this would be way too early for implantation bleeding but am holding off taking a test until just before my next period is due next week. If not implantation bleeding and I've been lucky, what else could it have been? Having no other symptoms of pregnancy

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Your LH can rise just before AF. When I was late last month I did exactly the same and I got a high reading. opKs can pick up pregnancy hormones but it's usually high levels. Not to piss on your corn flakes or anything, but I just don't want you to drive yourself crazy like I did! X
Ooooh I’m sure I’ve heard they can pick up hcg. Get yourself a test!
I did some Googling and there’s a mix on there - some say the OPKs can pick up pregnancy and some say it’s a hormone surge before AF. Still too scared to test 🤣

lisa94xo

6 days before my periods due to start, I now have started to bleed... I'm usually really regular; could this be implantation bleeding? I have been feeling slightly sick this past week but not enough to put me off food; no other symptoms... Not sure what to think/how to feel!
Update - I think it is my period; it's very bright red and lighter than usual... very, very odd! This has never happened before. Oh well...

a.pain

VIP Member
If you wear an activity watch like a Fitbit, Apple etc pay attention to your resting heart rate as well as this does tend to line up with your basal body temp and obviously you don’t have to record it as the device does it for you. I got really stressed trying to track my BBT and it started affecting my sleep. I’ll attach my Fitbit chart showing my RHR the month I conceived. 15th august was the day of my last period. I would say implantation was possible 8th September and I had a positive test on the 12th September. If you compare this to a BBT chart the comparisons would be near identical and it takes all the stress away from having to temp.
That’s interesting. What signs on this chart are you looking out for in terms of ovulation rather than implantation etc?

Asty Gurl

Are you guys drinking whilst ttc? I am still having one drink every evening during the w.e. and have had one a bit more often than that recently due to st valentine and a few other occasions. Feeling a mixture of anxiety/guilt I shouldn't not to affect implantation etc but evidence on this seems mixed plus it's not like I am getting drunk I guess.. 😬

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Hi, I’ve posted on the thread a while ago about how I miscarried almost 2 years ago on Valentine’s Day and had horrible treatment from the NHS etc.
Today me and my husband have spoke and decided it’s time to try again. We have only used condoms since so don’t need to worry about coming off the pill etc.
I’m not using ovulation tests but I’ve downloaded an app about when I’ll be ovulating etc as my periods are like clockwork every 28 days. Wish us luck.
Good luck! ❤

Belle Amie

VIP Member
Ah I’m not so sure if I have a faint line or not now. I’ve read a lot about first response having bad indent lines at the moment. 😫 now I’m doubting it.. I guess I should order more tests or wait a few days till my period comes 😬
I used just a Tesco own this morning and couldn’t see a hint of a line. I’m the same just going to have to wait for my period on Friday or try again Thursday in the hope I’ll know if I can have a drink or not for my birthday 😩

Part of me says I’m being stupid and I won’t be pregnant so should just drink, but then a small part of me is like don’t drink cause you’ll effect the foetus. Idk

Missdissapointed

Chatty Member
I got a positive ovulation test yesterday and since about 3pm today I’ve felt very mild period like cramps. Does anyone else feel like this?

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
So I ovulated a few days ago. I’m one of the unlucky ones who gets 5 days of pain before the egg actually releases. It’s like being kicked from a horse. I’ve been checked though and Apparnetly it’s all fine so it “normal” for me. Well I ovulated from my left side this month which hasn’t happened for a long time 🙄 anyway. Everytime I cough or get up too quickly it feels sore on my left side. Anyone else had this? It’s not “normal” for me after ovulation so idk whether to be alarmed. (I had a womb infection after my miscarriage in November so I’m probably just over thinking everything) and obviously recently a chemical last month, maybe things are still healing?

Niamhm

Chatty Member
After only 3 days of flashing smileys, I got my
Hi all,
I dip in and out of this thread. I usually read when I'm waiting for AF, as I feel okay the rest of the month however I know its coming again so I'm anxious. When I'm feeling okay I prefer to not read about ttc, as it stresses me out a bit, I prefer to keep it off my mind if possible(though it's very hard!).
My best friend had told me she is pregannt today, she already has children and hadn't been trying long. I'm truly happy for her but it's hurts badly for myself. I feel so selfish for feeling like this.
Is anyone else here over a year in trying for number one? I feel so alone at the moment.
Sorry not trying for baby number 1 but hope you're okay. It is incredibly tough when someone announces their pregnancy when you're trying xx

Vivian124

VIP Member
Has anyone used one step ovulation tests from Amazon (£4.99 ones)?. I switched to them this month as I was using the clearbblue digital and it was getting too expensive.
I’m in the expected fertile window but have had a negative test everyday. I expected to see a faint line but there’s nothing? I’m testing twice a day. Normally I would have a smiley face on the clear blue now. I get ovulation pain in my side which I’m experiencing today so I know I am about to hit peak ovulation.
Im guessing the cheaper ones aren’t as sensitive?
I used them and thought they were crap. Id get no line and a positive with clear blue. Clear blue are v expensive but reliable.

Missdissapointed

Chatty Member
Is this ovulation test positive? I’ve never ever gotten a peak on one so I’m super excited and would just like confirmation please 🤗! What does a positive ovulation test indicate? When are the best times to have sex? We had sex this morning tmi sorry! X
CB92A122-59BA-45A9-BBAF-7552961D12FC.jpeg

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
I can’t stop thinking about doing another test. Do I go and buy a clear blue early detection after work or just wait. I actually don’t think I can wait until Thursday. I’ve felt nauseous and tired ALL day today 😩
We’re due on the same day! I’m so tired today too and keep feeling sick after I’ve eaten. I think I’m gonna order some clear blues, don’t trust the first response now 🤣

Sunshinegal

Hi all,
I posted the other day worried as the nurse had told me my progesterone levels were low and I needed to make sure they were retested. I asked another nurse the next day and she told me the previous one shouldn't have said that as they were meant to be low at that time and had stressed me out when it wasn't needed.
As it was the weekend on my day 21, I had them done on day 20.
I know I'm being stupid here but could someone who has done this help me make sense of this. The receptionist seemed a bit flustered and repeating things. She said they were okay which is good but I wrote this down as she said it
Progesterone 46. 5 and perameter 11-81
Is that okay. Can't seem to make sense of it online and wasn't sure if they were the right way around.
As I said I know I'm probably being stupid, but this was my first month with the bloods and swabs and the receptionist was in a rush so I just wondered if anyone here could help me with that. Thankyou X