TTC’ers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know I'm going to be confronted with this decision very soon as I had gestational diabetes with my first baby and now am on the shielded list as of last week although I'm not going to shield as its voluntary and I actually have covid now. I think I might get the vaccine at some point in my pregnancy. I keep thinking about Grace Victory and the dangers of late pregnancy covid. Scary though as they just don't know if its 100%. Im only 6 weeks so hopefully have time to think about it!

I know I'm going to be confronted with this decision very soon as I had gestational diabetes with my first baby and now am on the shielded list as of last week although I'm not going to shield as its voluntary and I actually have covid now. I think I might get the vaccine at some point in my pregnancy. I keep thinking about Grace Victory and the dangers of late pregnancy covid. Scary though as they just don't know if its 100%. Im only 6 weeks so hopefully have time to think about it!
Are there any updates on Grace? Last I heard she was in a coma after delivering the baby

Good Morning all,
Apologies if this has been discussed before. Just looking for some advice/re-assurance.
We stopped using all contraceptive mid 2017. I was tracking my cycles with an app. My periods returned after 3 months post contraceptive. I would say we were not 'trying' to concieve at this point. Avoiding the fertile window but seeing how it went and if we did fall on then great but if not we werent too concerned. Often my periods would be early or late so the fertile window changed once my period had arrived and appeared there were times where we had done it and I was in the fertile window. Last year we started trying more, not avoiding fertile window. Periods went very irregular last year when had been fairly regular before that (except the odd longer cycle once or twice a year) was going longer between periods. So struggled to pinpoint ovulation.Things seem to be settling again this year. After last year and no conception we have been referred for fertility treatment. This year have started using OPK to help the chances of concieving. I guess my question is - would you be concerned after 3.5 years of not using contraceptive and no pregnancy? I feel I am not valid to feel a bit worried as the first 2 years we were not 'actively trying?' But the last year upto now we were? Thanks
I’ve not been on contraception for almost 6 years - we were using withdrawal method and never got pregnant. When I had my various tests all the doctors were shocked I think. I’m now on month 3 of trying. Don’t know if that helps much 🤣 although mytestosterone level was crazy high so that would have stopped me but its back to normal again now 😊

Last edited:
Potentially opening a can of worms here but what is everyone’s thoughts on the COVID vaccine whilst TTC? I know the advice is not to get it if you are already pregnant but wasn’t sure what it is if you’re trying.
Hi, first time posting but I was literally going to ask about this!

We have only been trying for 2 months but I was diagnosed with PCOS in my early 20s (I’m 30 now) so I know it will be harder for me to fall pregnant anyway but all this talk of the vaccine affecting fertility does scare me.

If they are saying you don’t get the second dose until 12 weeks later and then you have to wait another 3 months after that to wait, that seems like a long time. 😢

I know they are saying all adults will be offered a vaccine by July. I don’t know what to do. I’ve read so many conspiracy theories as well which doesn’t help. But even without the conspiracy theories of “they are trying to depopulate the world” the fact is, it hasn’t been around long enough for us to know the long term effects.

Sorry, this was a long post and I’ve basically not answered the question 😂 I’m still undecided basically.

How many ladies here have had the vaccine/are happy to have it?

Reactions: 1
Hi, first time posting but I was literally going to ask about this!

We have only been trying for 2 months but I was diagnosed with PCOS in my early 20s (I’m 30 now) so I know it will be harder for me to fall pregnant anyway but all this talk of the vaccine affecting fertility does scare me.

If they are saying you don’t get the second dose until 12 weeks later and then you have to wait another 3 months after that to wait, that seems like a long time. 😢

I know they are saying all adults will be offered a vaccine by July. I don’t know what to do. I’ve read so many conspiracy theories as well which doesn’t help. But even without the conspiracy theories of “they are trying to depopulate the world” the fact is, it hasn’t been around long enough for us to know the long term effects.

Sorry, this was a long post and I’ve basically not answered the question 😂 I’m still undecided basically.

How many ladies here have had the vaccine/are happy to have it?
Hi just to say I hear you and have been debating with exactly the same thoughts. I work on the frontline so have already been offered the vaccine but haven't had it yet as I can't make up my mind. I also have pcos and husband has infertility male factor too.

I was so so against getting the vaccine, until I read that getting covid can affect fertility. Might not be true, but I looked further into the vaccine itself and I cant see how it could affect fertility. So if offered, I think I will get it.

Hi guys, I know this is just tiktok by a doctor and not an official statement or anything but it might help ease the minds of a few people ttc and getting vaccinated so I thought I’d share:

I am not against having a vaccine.
I just don’t want it right now after 3 miscarriages and desperately wanting a baby. I don’t want to affect my chances. I sound silly but I’m happy as I am. But I do worry what if I’m blessed with a baby and after the first 12 weeks would I régret my decision.
It won’t be a while till my category comes along so I’ll just concentrate on my TWW.
Also I know two doctors who have had their vaccines done and can you believe they will not be getting their 2nd jab until April.
One of them was not happy that they had to take the jab as he felt he wanted more research into the after affects. ...he was pressured into getting one otherwise he could not work in certain places as they required the jab. He loves his job so he took the first dose. But it’s shocking they both work in the health sector and their next jab is April.

I’m not being vaccinated while TTC and I especially will not be having it while pregnant. I’m not an anti vaxxer but (please don’t jump on me) it has only been approved for emergency use and is still an experimental vaccine. I’m not spouting conspiracy theory either, this information is widely available. I’m not sure I want to be a human guinea pig while I have all sorts of fertility issues as it is. (Please don’t go mad at me 😂)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I will get vaccine but just means we'll push back TTC. If they can get all adults on the first vaccine by end of July, that's okay for me as it'll be our first and gives us a bit of time to sort ourselves out a bit more. I can understand why some people may be more anxious about it though. I've been lurking here because I am nervous as hell about TTC and still feel too young - I am 28!

I will get vaccine but just means we'll push back TTC. If they can get all adults on the first vaccine by end of July, that's okay for me as it'll be our first and gives us a bit of time to sort ourselves out a bit more. I can understand why some people may be more anxious about it though. I've been lurking here because I am nervous as hell about TTC and still feel too young - I am 28!
I still feel too young at almost 33 🤣

Reactions: 2
This is also me at 30 😂 feel like I'm not grown up enough yet to raise a whole human but feel like I should be doing it at the same time!!!
Haha yeah! Me too!! It’s such a strange time!! I guess you’re never ready until it happens! 😊 I definitely wasn’t ready at 30 for children, only in the last year or so, yet been married for 5 years so that’s all we’ve heard since 🙄 I would have preferred to have 1 last “big” holiday before it happens, but covid had another idea!!

If you look at America, it's your decision whether you have the vaccine while TTC or already pregnant. It's not mandated. I think the NHS is playing it safe as it hasn't been tested on pregnant women, but equally there's no reason to think it will have a negative effect. I'm definitely pro-vaccine.

Reactions: 2
Hi just to say I hear you and have been debating with exactly the same thoughts. I work on the frontline so have already been offered the vaccine but haven't had it yet as I can't make up my mind. I also have pcos and husband has infertility male factor too.
So hard, isn’t it. I’m a teacher so not exactly the frontline but still mixing with lots of children and adults so it worries me!

I think I will just wait and see like Makeupaddict said and fingers crossed I get pregnant before July (which is when they are saying every adult will be offered one) as I definitely won’t have it if I was pregnant but if I’m still trying...I don’t know.

Thanks for the TikTok video Marymoo. Very interesting and definitely something to think about.

Reactions: 3
Hi all!

Been TTC for over a year now (diagnosed with PCOS 2018) and I have been referred to the local hospital to try Clomid. Has anyone here ever tried it? All I hear about it is horror stories!

So hard, isn’t it. I’m a teacher so not exactly the frontline but still mixing with lots of children and adults so it worries me!

I think I will just wait and see like Makeupaddict said and fingers crossed I get pregnant before July (which is when they are saying every adult will be offered one) as I definitely won’t have it if I was pregnant but if I’m still trying...I don’t know.

Thanks for the TikTok video Marymoo. Very interesting and definitely something to think about.
I’m a teacher too. What’s your school’s policy about pregnancy and Covid if you don’t mind me asking? Mine is saying that all pregnant women should work from home in all three trimesters, which in some ways I think is amazing, but the first trimester is scary, and surely means you need to essentially announce your pregnancy from the moment you get a positive test. I’m tempted to contact either a union rep or HR and find out the protocol but I was hoping I’d have been pregnant and out of the first trimester before we go back. Currently on my period and due back at work in 2 weeks so no chance of that!

I’m a teacher too. What’s your school’s policy about pregnancy and Covid if you don’t mind me asking? Mine is saying that all pregnant women should work from home in all three trimesters, which in some ways I think is amazing, but the first trimester is scary, and surely means you need to essentially announce your pregnancy from the moment you get a positive test. I’m tempted to contact either a union rep or HR and find out the protocol but I was hoping I’d have been pregnant and out of the first trimester before we go back. Currently on my period and due back at work in 2 weeks so no chance of that!
I’m not sure tbh but I imagine they expect pregnant women to be in school except for the third trimester if the woman wants to work from home. I’m only going on what happened last September...we had two pregnant teachers, one wanted to come back to school so did right up until baby was nearly due, the other one didn’t but she had to fill out a risk assessment saying why it wasn’t safe and the school eventually agreed and let her work from home.

I agree yours is tricky because you don’t want to have to tell them before 12 weeks but it is good that they are saying you can work from home.

I think, based on the latest guidance, I wouldn’t mind going to school up until the third trimester as that is when it is more dangerous if you catch Covid.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.