TTC’ers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sorry it’s devastating ❤ We are only asking for two lines. Treat yourself or pamper yourself. I pray it will happen for you soon. ❤
When I do a pregnancy test whilst I’m waiting I dream about all the ways I can surprise my husband and then only one line appears. I can’t use clear blue pregnancy tests as I can’t deal with it telling me not pregnant. Is anyone else the same ?
I generally don’t test for this reason. I know it’s an unpopular opinion in the TTC community but I’ve probably only tested maybe five times in the 2.5 years we’ve been trying. I only test if my period is late and isn’t showing any signs of arrival. Each time I’ve had the negative and my period shows up within the hour 🤣.
Currently CD28, no signs of spotting which I usually get the day or two before AF arrives. Have had 31 day cycles before so not super uncommon for me, though my last cycle was 26 days and I am usually a 28/29 day cycle. Ovulated late (CD17) this cycle though, so that’s probably why I’m late.

Reactions: 2
I generally don’t test for this reason. I know it’s an unpopular opinion in the TTC community but I’ve probably only tested maybe five times in the 2.5 years we’ve been trying. I only test if my period is late and isn’t showing any signs of arrival. Each time I’ve had the negative and my period shows up within the hour 🤣.
In previous months I've been testing super early 3/4 times every month. But this month I've made a decision to not do it and just wait for AF to arrive and I must say I do feel calmer for it. I feel much more "whatever will be will be" rather then overthinking every little twinge or "symptom". I think ill continue to do this going forward to save myself the sadness of seeing a negative test 4 times every month then getting AF turn up the next day.

Currently CD28, no signs of spotting which I usually get the day or two before AF arrives. Have had 31 day cycles before so not super uncommon for me, though my last cycle was 26 days and I am usually a 28/29 day cycle. Ovulated late (CD17) this cycle though, so that’s probably why I’m late.
Wow I’m impressed I wish I have self control like you. But last month I was better I only tested once. This month I’ve ruled out so will await AF.
I need your mind set. Good luck 😉

Just took a test at 8DPO, I know it’s really early but I’ve felt SO SO nauseous like puke in mouth situations (sorry about that) and since 5DPO I’ve just not felt “right!”
Is this the start of my BFP?
I can see it!!

Just took a test at 8DPO, I know it’s really early but I’ve felt SO SO nauseous like puke in mouth situations (sorry about that) and since 5DPO I’ve just not felt “right!”
I can see it too. 🤞🏻 For you!!

Yep I see a line!!

Fingers crossed for you 🤞🏻

I can see it, fingers crossed it gets darker xx

I’m 7 days post ovulation and my boobs are so sore! Last time they were this sore I was pregnant which resulted in miscarriage. I’m due on around the 2nd March but we will see. I think it’s just my body playing tricks on me to be honest, we only had sex twice this month during my ‘fertile window’

I’m due my period in 7 days this is the first month we’ve really been trying for baby number 3. I’ve not been on the pill since I came off it when dd almost 5 was conceived. I’m very anxious and most probably will get my period. I was ovulating last weekend. When should I test? Or just wait for my period? With my other two I tested after my period was due so I guess I should do the same. Just so nervous 😬.

Potentially opening a can of worms here but what is everyone’s thoughts on the COVID vaccine whilst TTC? I know the advice is not to get it if you are already pregnant but wasn’t sure what it is if you’re trying.

Potentially opening a can of worms here but what is everyone’s thoughts on the COVID vaccine whilst TTC? I know the advice is not to get it if you are already pregnant but wasn’t sure what it is if you’re trying.
It will probably be a while before I get mine but I will probably have it. My partner and I had covid in December and it wasn’t very a pleasant experience. So if getting the vaccine stops others from going through that then it’s the least I can do.

I had covid (for Christmas) and it was grim. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone else, or to get it again so I’ll take the vaccine but it does worry me slightly that there are no studies available on how it may affect anyone TTC, especially as we haven’t got much going for us anyway 😬

Reactions: 3
I had covid (for Christmas) and it was grim. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone else, or to get it again so I’ll take the vaccine but it does worry me slightly that there are no studies available on how it may affect anyone TTC, especially as we haven’t got much going for us anyway 😬
So I might not have the most up to date information but I thought when it just came out they were advising people planning on getting pregnant in the next 3 months not to get it? This might have just been the one article though but I wasn’t sure what the official guidance was so thought I’d ask here if anyone knew different or had actually spoken to their doctor about it.

Reactions: 1
I had mine in January as I work for NHS. I marked on my form we are trying to conceive. I had to see the resident Dr before the jab who informed me ideally I should try a month after my 2nd jab but that’s purely as there is a lack of research into the impact at present. He gave me the all clear to proceed with the vaccine and I explicitly told him we will still be trying.. I am just recovering from covid now ironically a few weeks after having my vaccine. I have felt terrible, but I would have felt 100% worse if I hadn’t had the vaccine or was pregnant and not had the vaccine.

Obviously it is a very personal decision and you need to do your research. There is plenty of reputable research out there now and like I said having had COVID I would rather limit the impact of symptoms than take a risk whilst pregnant or with a newborn. If you’re interested I am happy to send links to reputable resources.

At first I wasn’t going to have it. Mainly because of the advice that was published that you can’t have it if planning to get pregnant in 3 months of having it.
I believe this advice has now changed and I’ll be having it when my time comes. I’ve read numerous research studies regarding the vaccine and fertility. I also have a 6 year old son, so I need to think about him too, so I’ll be having it.

Thanks for replying! I’m pro vaccine I can’t wait to get back to normal life! I just wasn’t sure what everyone else’s thoughts were about it. I’m getting my coil removed next month and will be in the last lot of people getting vaccinated so it might not even be an issue for me 🤞🏻the advice will probably be a bit clearer by then too as the majority of people will have had it and they’ll know more about it.

Really interesting to read others’ thoughts on this, I’m so undecided! I’m very pro-vaccine and immediately said I would take it, but then questioned more and more due to fertility. We’ve been trying for 2.5 years already and don’t want to have to wait for however long after getting the second jab before trying again.

I obviously want to get pregnant ASAP anyway, but it would be an added bonus to not have to make that decision about the vaccine.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.