TTC’ers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have you tried testing in the afternoon too? Sometimes the LH surge can be rapid and in the evening. I would test morning (with the CB digi) and then I would do the evening with the Cheap sticks and I would hold my wee for about 3hrs from say 4/5pm-7/8pm because the LH hormone needs to build up in the day

Edit to say - the number doesn’t matter because it’s what relative for you. My peak was only 0.85 on premom but my lows were about 0.15 x
Im usually at work in the afternoons and evenings, but I’m off today and tomorrow so I’ll try it again today. Thank you so much for replying. Yes I’m getting obsessed over the numbers now and it’s not healthy. I have the Easy @ Home test kits.

Im usually at work in the afternoons and evenings, but I’m off today and tomorrow so I’ll try it again today. Thank you so much for replying. Yes I’m getting obsessed over the numbers now and it’s not healthy. I have the Easy @ Home test kits.
They really can be obsessive, have you tried the CB digi? It’s much easier to read (whilst more expensive) and I did mine in the morning as it uses FMU so much easier for practicality, and then did the one step on an evening as a double measure. Can you take a small dish to work to use to pee in (if possible) to do one, or do one when you get home?
Just remember it’s whatever is normal for you - some people have very slow, on set surges over a few days and some people have rapid. Mine was a peak on CD13, and then by am CD15 it was low. But my test strip wasn’t ever super, super dark, but it was darker compared to my lows, if that makes sense. Good luck ❤

Reactions: 1
They really can be obsessive, have you tried the CB digi? It’s much easier to read (whilst more expensive) and I did mine in the morning as it uses FMU so much easier for practicality, and then did the one step on an evening as a double measure. Can you take a small dish to work to use to pee in (if possible) to do one, or do one when you get home?
Just remember it’s whatever is normal for you - some people have very slow, on set surges over a few days and some people have rapid. Mine was a peak on CD13, and then by am CD15 it was low. But my test strip wasn’t ever super, super dark, but it was darker compared to my lows, if that makes sense. Good luck ❤
total sense. I’ve never had a super dark line, it’s just a bit more prominent than the others. I’ve been paid my overtime this month (🥳) so I’m going to buy a CB digital on Friday. I have to be patient with myself; I came off the pill at 30, took me 9 months to fall pregnant and then I had a miscarriage... Then it took me another 6 months to fall pregnant with my son! I’m not sure why I am hoping for a miracle!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
total sense. I’ve never had a super dark line, it’s just a bit more prominent than the others. I’ve been paid my overtime this month (🥳) so I’m going to buy a CB digital on Friday. I have to be patient with myself; I came off the pill at 30, took me 9 months to fall pregnant and then I had a miscarriage... Then it took me another 6 months to fall pregnant with my son! I’m not sure why I am hoping for a miracle!
The OPK’s are great use but also can be so obsessive and take over your life. You got this! Good luck ❤❤

Have you tried testing in the afternoon too? Sometimes the LH surge can be rapid and in the evening. I would test morning (with the CB digi) and then I would do the evening with the Cheap sticks and I would hold my wee for about 3hrs from say 4/5pm-7/8pm because the LH hormone needs to build up in the day

Edit to say - the number doesn’t matter because it’s what relative for you. My peak was only 0.85 on premom but my lows were about 0.15 x
My peak is 0.85 too and is very very rapid. Definitely easy to miss.

When does everyone take the Ovulation tests? I’ve been taking mine in the morning and been getting highs but no “peak”. Last night I was reading the leaflet and it turns out they recommend no fluids for 2hrs before and in the middle of the afternoon. Fucks sake, why?

lots of tears yesterday as I feel I’m not releasing any eggs but just having my period as I’m only getting highs of LH around 44. Is that okay? 🥺
I am in the same boat small potato, even though I’ve only just come off BC I’m so anxious that I just might not ovulate or something, had a few tears yesterday because I did my OPK and every day at the minute is just low low low. Scared I might never see it rise.

I am also a bit confused about when I should be testing, now I’m in the 2 tests a day phase I did one when I first got up and one about 4pm. Then I worried after reading the leaflet they were meant to be all in the afternoon which is what I’m doing now. Also I am not sure I can not drink for 2 hours before 😬

I feel like maybe I am just anxious about missing the surge with the testing but I just keep thinking that husband and I are DTD every day anyway so if I do miss it, I would still have the same chance of falling pregnant. So I do think my anxiety around is that what if it never rises and then my BBT never rises and I’m not ovulating.

This whole thing has made me realise I am a total control freak 😅 100% can’t handle something I can’t influence

I am in the same boat small potato, even though I’ve only just come off BC I’m so anxious that I just might not ovulate or something, had a few tears yesterday because I did my OPK and every day at the minute is just low low low. Scared I might never see it rise.

I am also a bit confused about when I should be testing, now I’m in the 2 tests a day phase I did one when I first got up and one about 4pm. Then I worried after reading the leaflet they were meant to be all in the afternoon which is what I’m doing now. Also I am not sure I can not drink for 2 hours before 😬

I feel like maybe I am just anxious about missing the surge with the testing but I just keep thinking that husband and I are DTD every day anyway so if I do miss it, I would still have the same chance of falling pregnant. So I do think my anxiety around is that what if it never rises and then my BBT never rises and I’m not ovulating.

This whole thing has made me realise I am a total control freak 😅 100% can’t handle something I can’t influence
the not drinking I can do, especially if I’m at work!!! My anxiety is the same as yours, I’m convinced at 35 I’m not longer ovulating which makes me so angry at everything and everyone.

I will catch up on all the messages since I last looked.

AF has arrived. DH got me a present which he is building excitedly so I haven't told him yet as I don't want to spoil it. But I've got a lump in my throat, the tears are so close, trying so hard to keep them in and smile for a bit.

Needed to tell people, so here I am.

Cycle 17.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

AF has arrived. DH got me a present which he is building excitedly so I haven't told him yet as I don't want to spoil it. But I've got a lump in my throat, the tears are so close, trying so hard to keep them in and smile for a bit.

Cycle 17.
and we are all here for you. X

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Cycle 17.
Sending you so much love ❤❤❤

Hey, had my IUD removed last week, just finished AF withdrawal bleed today. Been using the easy at home OPK's and all been low before AF arrived. Bit of a gross question, but after DTD do any of you keep your legs up to help gravity to do its thing? If you do, how long do you do it for? 😳😩

So glad I discovered this thread, been feeling really lonely in this and only have a small window I can get pregnant in due to health and financial issues, but got the OK from my consultant so really hoping ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2

Hey, had my IUD removed last week, just finished AF withdrawal bleed today. Been using the easy at home OPK's and all been low before AF arrived. Bit of a gross question, but after DTD do any of you keep your legs up to help gravity to do its thing? If you do, how long do you do it for? 😳😩

So glad I discovered this thread, been feeling really lonely in this and only have a small window I can get pregnant in due to health and financial issues, but got the OK from my consultant so really hoping ❤
Not a gross question at all. We’re all ladies just trying to help each other 😊 I’ve always lay for 30 minutes with my legs up against the headboard and pillows under my bum. My ivf consultant said it was a load of nonsense but I’ve since conceived naturally twice and did it both times. The way I see it, it might be nonsense but it certainly doesn’t hurt.

I also used the conceive plus lube which again, I’ve got no proof that it made the difference but might be worth a try

• Wow
Reactions: 5

we are in a similar situation. I had my IUD removed in March and I’ve only just started getting Highs.

I'm 12DPO (I think, haven't yet used OPKs but will give them a go next month) and compared to last month I have absolutely no symptoms at all. Last month in the lead up to AF I had sore boobs, I felt nauseous, completely lost my appetite... Isn't it weird how one month care vary so massigely to the last? Not getting my hopes up at all this cycle.

Reactions: 2
Not a gross question at all. We’re all ladies just trying to help each other 😊 I’ve always lay for 30 minutes with my legs up against the headboard and pillows under my bum. My ivf consultant said it was a load of nonsense but I’ve since conceived naturally twice and did it both times. The way I see it, it might be nonsense but it certainly doesn’t hurt.

I also used the conceive plus lube which again, I’ve got no proof that it made the difference but might be worth a try
Thank you. I have been reading on Tommy's website that it hasn't been proven nor disproven, so like you say it doesn't hurt! I just feel like such a knob with my legs in the air ha! We've bought the conceive plus lube too, so hopefully that helps. Thank you so much for this x

we are in a similar situation. I had my IUD removed in March and I’ve only just started getting Highs.
Did you use them before when you had your IUD in? I read that the Mirena one would mean you still ovulate, so I've been tracking for a while now and taking BBT. They say that the IUD means you're fertile from the moment it's removed, but I don't know how true that all is

Last edited:
So its 2.32am here and af arrived at 1.52, a week late. But I'm now going to assume I ovulated a week late. We are trying not to track and stress. My gyno told me to dtd every 2nd day.
I have endo and dp had testicular cancer 7 years ago. I really wish we could get pregnant. Mmc last may coming upto year anniversary next weekend. Never felt so lost

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thank you. I have been reading on Tommy's website that it hasn't been proven nor disproven, so like you say it doesn't hurt! I just feel like such a knob with my legs in the air ha! We've bought the conceive plus lube too, so hopefully that helps. Thank you so much for this x

Did you use them before when you had your IUD in? I read that the Mirena one would mean you still ovulate, so I've been tracking for a while now and taking BBT. They say that the IUD means you're fertile from the moment it's removed, but I don't know how true that all is
I had the copper coil, and my GP said this to me as well. Had sex on day of removal and a few days before and after, no luck. No I didn’t, but last month all I got was lows. This months was highs with a peak (!!) yesterday.

So its 2.32am here and af arrived at 1.52, a week late. But I'm now going to assume I ovulated a week late. We are trying not to track and stress. My gyno told me to dtd every 2nd day.
I have endo and dp had testicular cancer 7 years ago. I really wish we could get pregnant. Mmc last may coming upto year anniversary next weekend. Never felt so lost
you are not lost, you have found your people. We got you.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ovulating so early this month according to CM, I feel like I’m really prepared does that sound mental 🤣 I feel like I’ve literally only just finished my AF as it lasted 9 days this month which is super unusual.

TTC and being a really type A person (organised, highly anxious/impatient/generally highly strung etc etc) is so hard. I just want to be in control of every single little detail including when my unborn baby is due and it’s madness 🤯 in my head if it doesn’t happen for us this month then I’ll have to wait because of the time of year they’ll be born, age when they go to school, other people’s birthdays, my own children’s birthdays and how the potential new baby fits in, even though we want this baby so much and in reality it wouldn’t matter in the slightest. Does anyone else have this or am I just a complete fruit loop ?! My partner thinks I’m actually neurotic 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Ovulating so early this month according to CM, I feel like I’m really prepared does that sound mental 🤣 I feel like I’ve literally only just finished my AF as it lasted 9 days this month which is super unusual.

TTC and being a really type A person (organised, highly anxious/impatient/generally highly strung etc etc) is so hard. I just want to be in control of every single little detail including when my unborn baby is due and it’s madness 🤯 in my head if it doesn’t happen for us this month then I’ll have to wait because of the time of year they’ll be born, age when they go to school, other people’s birthdays, my own children’s birthdays and how the potential new baby fits in, even though we want this baby so much and in reality it wouldn’t matter in the slightest. Does anyone else have this or am I just a complete fruit loop ?! My partner thinks I’m actually neurotic 😂

Nope, i am exactly the same! I am very type A, i like things to be planned and organised and this is stressing me out! My son starts school in September, so ideally I would like to fall pregnant ASAP, as it means that I can be “around” for his first year at school and for him to have consistency. Also it would tie in nicely if the baby is born early 2022, as we plan to play off our debt and finally buy our house by early 2023... god, i sound mental dont i?

I feel happy that i have finally got a peak after all last month being worried. I found my tracking app from when i fell pregnant with my son (I was 31, 2 miscarriages) and we DTD 13 days prior to my planned period and i did the “staying in one place” thing for 30 minutes. How do i know this? Well turns out my app remembers everything i wrote down...

Can soooo relate to some of these messages here. Have been lurking the last few days and again it really helps to know we are all in this together. I'm really tracking like mad this cycle and I have a couple of questions - hoping someone here will have advice..

1. I've been tracking BBT every day but it's not really telling me anything, i basically go up and down by .3 of a degree every day or so. All the websites say to take temp before you even sit up in bed, but they also say to track it at the same time every day (??) which seems impossible to me. What do you guys do? i wake up at different times every day depending on work etc, surely its best to take it as soon as i wake rather than the same time each day in case i've been up and about?

2. I've been using OPKs very consistently this cycle. I haven't had any highs and I'm on CD18 :( starting to worry I am not ovulating at all - even though there is still time! I'm wondering am I doing the kits wrong- again, the requirements seem impossible. It says take them at the same time every day, twice a day, but not the FMU and don't drink liquid for 2 hours before? I want to know who lives like this 🤣 What time do you guys take the tests at? I think i will move onto the ClearBlue ones next cycle (already preparing myself to be unsuccessful this time :() also is it possible i could still conceive even though i've only had lows? they've been between 0.14 and 0.21 and never higher.

I feel so consumed by ttc at the moment. I know it's still really early days for us but I just want it so much and hate feeling so helpless in it. I can't concentrate in work or when chatting to friends cause it's all I think about! I know you will all understand 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.