TTC’ers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry i am hogging the thread today... I’m in a Uni lecture and i need something to distract me!

I found BTT for me to be a little bit useless - I’m a nurse and i just cant take the temperature at the same time every day, but I do register on the app my temperature that i have to take before i start my shift. Like you, I have noticed little to no difference. I’m trying to stick with it, but I cant say its giving me as much guidance and hope as some people get on this thread.

OPK... it was me who mentioned that Iw as doing them wrong and you had to take in the afternoon... once again, with my job i just cant do a test at work. Our toilets are in the changing rooms which people are in and out of... there’s no privacy and I dont have the time to wait 5-7minutes to get a good result. I am taking a test in the morning and one in the evening, and then I compare the two. I find the Easy @ Home app really helpful to hep me indicate peak/highs. I’m focusing on the LH as the TCs are always saying low, despite them looking very different.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Sorry i am hogging the thread today... I’m in a Uni lecture and i need something to distract me!

I found BTT for me to be a little bit useless - I’m a nurse and i just cant take the temperature at the same time every day, but I do register on the app my temperature that i have to take before i start my shift. Like you, I have noticed little to no difference. I’m trying to stick with it, but I cant say its giving me as much guidance and hope as some people get on this thread.

OPK... it was me who mentioned that Iw as doing them wrong and you had to take in the afternoon... once again, with my job i just cant do a test at work. Our toilets are in the changing rooms which people are in and out of... there’s no privacy and I dont have the time to wait 5-7minutes to get a good result. I am taking a test in the morning and one in the evening, and then I compare the two. I find the Easy @ Home app really helpful to hep me indicate peak/highs. I’m focusing on the LH as the TCs are always saying low, despite them looking very different.
thanks for this , it's good to know i'm not going mad not seeing a difference with BBT. I just feel like i'm doing everything 'wrong' which is so frustrating! I'm using the Premom app but just with boots own brand test kits. test line is really faint every day and the app is just picking up that they are all lows. at this stage i feel as fixated on getting strong LH result as I do on getting a BFP lol ! I wonder are there differences with different brands of OPKs?

thanks for this , it's good to know i'm not going mad not seeing a difference with BBT. I just feel like i'm doing everything 'wrong' which is so frustrating! I'm using the Premom app but just with boots own brand test kits. test line is really faint every day and the app is just picking up that they are all lows. at this stage i feel as fixated on getting strong LH result as I do on getting a BFP lol ! I wonder are there differences with different brands of OPKs?
Funny you should mention this... i have the Easy @Home brand and then an basic cheap brand. There is a massive difference! Same sample, same time!

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Funny you should mention this... i have the Easy @Home brand and then an basic cheap brand. There is a massive difference! Same sample, same time!
No WAY! I'm actually in shock..... the Boots own brand aren't even that cheap here in Ireland but I just get "basic" vibes from them lol. I may jump on to Amazon and do an order on my lunch break. Thank you so much!!

No WAY! I'm actually in shock..... the Boots own brand aren't even that cheap here in Ireland but I just get "basic" vibes from them lol. I may jump on to Amazon and do an order on my lunch break. Thank you so much!!
I was actually. I thought I’d do a little comparison and did it under the same conditions. My husband bought me the Easy at Home ones as the app is really good, the others are an Amazon basic that I used when we were trying back in 2016.

Just done my LH strip for the day and another very low result. My BBT has been steadily dropping for the last 4 days, I had read it can drop a bit before ovulation so just hoping it’s on its way.

I am only CD13 so could be waiting ages but have made myself extra anxious after reading that most women ovulate within 2 weeks of stopping their pill, which I’m now past 🙁

• Heart
Just done my LH strip for the day and another very low result. My BBT has been steadily dropping for the last 4 days, I had read it can drop a bit before ovulation so just hoping it’s on its way.

I am only CD13 so could be waiting ages but have made myself extra anxious after reading that most women ovulate within 2 weeks of stopping their pill, which I’m now past 🙁
CD14 onwards is usually the most typical - you don’t want to ovulate any sooner as the follicles need time to grow and get big. CD14 is based on a typical 28 day cycle but most cycles off the pill are longer so I would think you’re starting to get into territory now. Also keep checking CM too as I find thats a great way to see what your body is doing

CD14 onwards is usually the most typical - you don’t want to ovulate any sooner as the follicles need time to grow and get big. CD14 is based on a typical 28 day cycle but most cycles off the pill are longer so I would think you’re starting to get into territory now. Also keep checking CM too as I find thats a great way to see what your body is doing
I hope so grumpy, I’m gonna keep testing twice a day until it happens whenever that may be! I’m not expecting to get pregnant first cycle, I just want to know when I can start thinking I might actually be in with a chance I suppose. I’ve been trying to monitor CM and would say on that basis I should be close to ovulating (which I think has made me a bit frustrated at just zero movement on my LH tests!)

I have been having a read back through this thread and saw you got the CB digital test with the smilies which tbh I may invest in if I run out of strips before I see a line, seems a lot less stressful than assessing the shade of the line every day.

I hope so grumpy, I’m gonna keep testing twice a day until it happens whenever that may be! I’m not expecting to get pregnant first cycle, I just want to know when I can start thinking I might actually be in with a chance I suppose. I’ve been trying to monitor CM and would say on that basis I should be close to ovulating (which I think has made me a bit frustrated at just zero movement on my LH tests!)

I have been having a read back through this thread and saw you got the CB digital test with the smilies which tbh I may invest in if I run out of strips before I see a line, seems a lot less stressful than assessing the shade of the line every day.
CD is definitely easier as you get a result quite clear, and I found it handy knowing that when it was flashing, the estrogen was gearing up so at least SOMETHING was happening. My LH strips were always very faint until my peak and the difference is not huge but noticeable. I’ll attach my premom for my last cycle. The peak that I highlighted was when I got the peak on the CB digi and then did a strip LH test too.

Attachments

CD is definitely easier as you get a result quite clear, and I found it handy knowing that when it was flashing, the estrogen was gearing up so at least SOMETHING was happening. My LH strips were always very faint until my peak and the difference is not huge but noticeable. I’ll attach my premom for my last cycle. The peak that I highlighted was when I got the peak on the CB digi and then did a strip LH test too.
Mine look exactly like yours pre peak, really low readings. Think I may take myself off to Tesco to get the CB ones this evening.

I also like that you can do it in the morning first thing and then not have to spend the rest of the day making sure you’re not drinking 2 hrs before etc. I think I would find the little flashy face reassuring too as like you say, at least you know something is happening.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Mine look exactly like yours pre peak, really low readings. Think I may take myself off to Tesco to get the CB ones this evening.

I also like that you can do it in the morning first thing and then not have to spend the rest of the day making sure you’re not drinking 2 hrs before etc. I think I would find the little flashy face reassuring too as like you say, at least you know something is happening.
I was super disheartened like you when my lows were literally, so low. You may have a rapid onset LH surge like I did. The not drinking can be v frustrating as you never know if the test is diluted cos of your drinking or the actual result. OPK’s are definitely a mind f*ck

I am also another advocate for the CB ovulation test - obviously more expensive but I found them much easier and I liked the smiley faces 😊 the little strips confused me too much.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Nope, i am exactly the same! I am very type A, i like things to be planned and organised and this is stressing me out! My son starts school in September, so ideally I would like to fall pregnant ASAP, as it means that I can be “around” for his first year at school and for him to have consistency. Also it would tie in nicely if the baby is born early 2022, as we plan to play off our debt and finally buy our house by early 2023... god, i sound mental dont i?

I feel happy that i have finally got a peak after all last month being worried. I found my tracking app from when i fell pregnant with my son (I was 31, 2 miscarriages) and we DTD 13 days prior to my planned period and i did the “staying in one place” thing for 30 minutes. How do i know this? Well turns out my app remembers everything i wrote down...
I really resonate with what you’re saying so much! My rational brain is obviously saying nothing in life is guaranteed and you can’t PLAN a baby to the day but the not so rational side is like well if I don’t ovulate on this specific day then they won’t be born on this specific day and this means blah blah blah....it’s crazy! So glad someone feels the same though.

Reactions: 3
I’m losing the plot girls, I just took a first response even though I’m not due af until Thursday, obviously the test couldn’t have been more negative 🤦🏼‍♀️ I knew it would be but I had been feeling off today 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

I’m literally pissing away money. I don’t even think I ovulated this month. I need to calm down!

Reactions: 2
Hi everyone. I’m new here. 35, one little boy who’s 2. He took 8 months to conceive. I just tracked via the app that time & conceived at a time I shouldn’t have per the app so pure luck. This time I’m using OPK the last few months to try figure out my cycle. I’ve about a 38 day cycle. Trying Since Xmas. Everyone around me seems to be pregnant or announcing pregnancies so finding it tough. Hopefully a lucky month for us all.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
CB ovulation test completely blank face this morning. Bit gutted because my CM is definitely pointing to me being near ovulation, I was so sure I was going to get the little flashy face this morning. CD14. Hopefully get one soon.

@JLXRD CB digi needs to have a baseline hormone to work from so the first it usually blank and then tomorrow it will be able to note any change in hormone. Or even tonight if you think you’re close!

@JLXRD CB digi needs to have a baseline hormone to work from so the first it usually blank and then tomorrow it will be able to note any change in hormone. Or even tonight if you think you’re close!
Thank you grumpycat, that makes sense. Might still use my strips this afternoon then just in case and then test tomorrow morning.

Thank you grumpycat, that makes sense. Might still use my strips this afternoon then just in case and then test tomorrow morning.
No worries. I’m rooting for you! How many sticks did you get? They say that you can test again in the day once you get your flashing - what I would do (if you think your CM is getting closer to fertile) is do a strip this afternoon, see how that looks and then if it looks slightly darker, use the CB digi, and then use again tomorrow with FMU. Usually you would start around CD9 to create a baseline but I would probably see no harm in testing this morning, and perhaps later on to create a baseline if you’re on CD14.

The worst case is that you might run out of sticks but as long as you stick with the same reader, you can buy more tests. Can work out pricey but worth it perhaps x

No worries. I’m rooting for you! How many sticks did you get? They say that you can test again in the day once you get your flashing - what I would do (if you think your CM is getting closer to fertile) is do a strip this afternoon, see how that looks and then if it looks slightly darker, use the CB digi, and then use again tomorrow with FMU. Usually you would start around CD9 to create a baseline but I would probably see no harm in testing this morning, and perhaps later on to create a baseline if you’re on CD14.

The worst case is that you might run out of sticks but as long as you stick with the same reader, you can buy more tests. Can work out pricey but worth it perhaps x
Thank you 😊 I got 10 with it, but I was thinking I’ll need more for next cycle anyway. Since my LH tests have been super low thus far maybe it won’t hurt to have done it this morning, I didn’t realise that was why they said to start on a specific day, I just figured it was to make sure you caught it 🤦🏻‍♀️ will read up more in future before I start having a dramatic episode to my husband over the result 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.