TTC’ers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My withdrawal bleed ended Sunday and now I’m just very impatient about being in limbo, just no idea when I will get a cycle and not sure what to do as who knows when I will start ovulating - well aware it could be months 🙁 don’t want to get my hopes up if there’s no chance at the moment so I have decided to buy some opks just so I can hopefully track when I start ovulating again.

did any of you guys do that before you got your first period after stopping birth control?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
@JLXRD I didn’t, but I wish I had! Technically speaking, you should ovulate approx 14 days after CD1, but everyone is different. OPK’s should deffo help you work out how your body is working. ☺

Reactions: 1
@JLXRD I didn’t, but I wish I had! Technically speaking, you should ovulate approx 14 days after CD1, but everyone is different. OPK’s should deffo help you work out how your body is working. ☺
thanks grumpy, I’ll def give it a go. yeah all my apps etc say I will start ovulating soon but obvs they think day 1 of my withdrawal bleed was CD1 when it’s not technically 😩

Even if they just confirm I haven’t ovulated yet when the app is predicting, I think that’s better than me wondering for potentially weeks 😬 also then I won’t know if my period isn’t here because i don’t have a cycle yet or because I’m pregnant - not only do I not wanna get my hopes up but did not realise pregnancy tests are so expensive 😅

My withdrawal bleed ended Sunday and now I’m just very impatient about being in limbo, just no idea when I will get a cycle and not sure what to do as who knows when I will start ovulating - well aware it could be months 🙁 don’t want to get my hopes up if there’s no chance at the moment so I have decided to buy some opks just so I can hopefully track when I start ovulating again.

did any of you guys do that before you got your first period after stopping birth control?
I came off the pill in December, had my withdrawal bleed approx 4 weeks later and then started using OPKs and BBT tracking straight away to try and gauge where I was at. I found it really helpful x

yes I did, I come off the pill November 20 and luckily fell pregnant within 6 weeks.. sadly ended in miscarriage-I used Superdrug’s own OPK a and this worked for me! 🙌 fingers crossed for you xxx

thanks grumpy, I’ll def give it a go. yeah all my apps etc say I will start ovulating soon but obvs they think day 1 of my withdrawal bleed was CD1 when it’s not technically 😩

Even if they just confirm I haven’t ovulated yet when the app is predicting, I think that’s better than me wondering for potentially weeks 😬 also then I won’t know if my period isn’t here because i don’t have a cycle yet or because I’m pregnant - not only do I not wanna get my hopes up but did not realise pregnancy tests are so expensive 😅
I mean I def counted my withdrawal bleed as CD1 (though not sure if you needed to) and then I had about a 30 day cycle (unsure if I ovulated on that one) after that bleed which was way, way lighter than any before, I started using OPK’s on about CD9, and had a peak evening CD13.
It is handy to give yourself a baseline and figure out your body, they do say after you come off the pill you are supposed to be fertile as your body gears up after being suppressed so I’ve got my fingers crossed for you!

Thank you guys for responding, you’re all so supportive here 💕 I don’t want to tell anyone we are TTC so being able to just write stuff out here and read through all your posts is making me feel so much less alone (plus teaching me loads!) xx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thank you guys for responding, you’re all so supportive here 💕 I don’t want to tell anyone we are TTC so being able to just write stuff out here and read through all your posts is making me feel so much less alone (plus teaching me loads!) xx
I am in the same position as you, I came off the pill about 3 weeks ago, had a withdrawal bleed almost immediately and since then nothing. So thank you for asking the question about opk’s because I didn’t even know whether I should bother trying to track ovulation as I hasn’t had a period yet.

It’s all so confusing when nothing is happening haha

AF arrived today, 3 days earlier than predicted. Anyone else with PCOS just feel so disconnected from their body? My last couple of cycles have been all over the place!

• Heart
AF arrived today, 3 days earlier than predicted. Anyone else with PCOS just feel so disconnected from their body? My last couple of cycles have been all over the place!
Oh yes! My last AF finished in Jan, so I just have no idea what’s going on.. ☹
Hope you’re okay though! Xxxx

• Heart
DTD right at the end of my fertile week according to Flo but I don’t think I actually ovulated at all 🙄 no usual symptoms and hardly any CM. Ffs. This is so frustrating. I should have taken OPK so my own fault I suppose. Just wish it was as easy as having unprotected sex, that’s what they told us in school 😭 my partner works away most of spring/summer so really difficult to time it correctly.

loads of my friends are heavily pregnant or just given birth recently too. I thought (hoped) I would have caught before they would be born but isn’t looking likely ☹ I know you all will understand here.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hi everyone,

I haven't been as active on this thread as I find after AF arrives I usually end up having a break from the baby stuff. When AF is a few days away I start to get anxious and the feeling of dread (it's hard to feel any excitement after 16 cycles! Just the worry of how awful I will feel) and then when AF arrives. I think when I feel so low the support on these threads are what I need, people who understand the utter heartbreak your period coming brings. So I promise I'm not always miserable 🤣 it's just when I tend to appear.

11dpo here. Cycle 16 has flown by weirdly.
Apart from tender boobs for a few days, although not majorly, I have no symptoms at all. I had cramps for a few days after ovulation but I also had that last month.
Feeling okay, but I can feel that anxiety creeping in a bit....
Want the next couple of days to hurry but then I also don't because it's most likely I will be heartbroken again and that's the feeling I get the dread for! Anyone else get what I mean? I can't actually imagine it ever happening!
DH sperm analysis tommrow finally. I think I'm a bit behind with all the testing but at least it's happening.
Crazy that I have become so used to TTC, its the routine every month of it just like its normal life. Weird to think people have kids who have never done this, just did it once or tried for a month. Doesn't feel real that that happens!
Lots of love to you all x

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve taken 2 tests and I know I shouldn’t have but AF is apparently due in 4 days with no symptoms. The bottom one is yesterday and the top is this morning, they’re just Tesco cheapies. My other half is adamant there is a faint line on both and I can’t see anything. He’s frustrating me getting so excited when to me these are both negative. Any opinions please? X
52412E2A-8E66-499E-ACA6-1E0AA885A274.jpeg

I’ve taken 2 tests and I know I shouldn’t have but AF is apparently due in 4 days with no symptoms. The bottom one is yesterday and the top is this morning, they’re just Tesco cheapies. My other half is adamant there is a faint line on both and I can’t see anything. He’s frustrating me getting so excited when to me these are both negative. Any opinions please? X
View attachment 539309
i can’t see anything, sorry. 4 days from period is still quite early though so perhaps these aren’t sensitive enough. Blue dye can be known for an evap line, maybe try a red dye like first response. The early result would be sensitive enough to use possibly. Negative doesn’t mean you’re out, though x

Hi everyone,

I haven't been as active on this thread as I find after AF arrives I usually end up having a break from the baby stuff. When AF is a few days away I start to get anxious and the feeling of dread (it's hard to feel any excitement after 16 cycles! Just the worry of how awful I will feel) and then when AF arrives. I think when I feel so low the support on these threads are what I need, people who understand the utter heartbreak your period coming brings. So I promise I'm not always miserable 🤣 it's just when I tend to appear.

Apart from tender boobs for a few days, although not majorly, I have no symptoms at all. I had cramps for a few days after ovulation but I also had that last month.
Want the next couple of days to hurry but then I also don't because it's most likely I will be heartbroken again and that's the feeling I get the dread for! Anyone else get what I mean? I can't actually imagine it ever happening!
DH sperm analysis tommrow finally. I think I'm a bit behind with all the testing but at least it's happening.
Crazy that I have become so used to TTC, its the routine every month of it just like its normal life. Weird to think people have kids who have never done this, just did it once or tried for a month. Doesn't feel real that that happens!
I
Hi everyone,

I resonate with this sooo much.
TTC always feels like counting days and hope.
Good luck for the tests tomorrow. X
This thread is great for a little rant you feel better. Everyone is supportive ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I

I resonate with this sooo much.
TTC always feels like counting days and hope.
Good luck for the tests tomorrow. X
This thread is great for a little rant you feel better. Everyone is supportive ❤
TTC is mentally and emotionally stressful. I'm so happy I found these threads and you all. I honestly don't know how I'd have coped as I feel totally alone with this in real life, but being able to write on here makes me feel I do have people. Being able to just ask things, get support or even have a rant and letting it all out is good for us all mentally I think. And reading others do the same, we all just know exactly how it feels, whereas those in our real lives don't always understand the pain of TTC. Having support of others online has actually been amazing for me ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hi everyone,

Are you me?! 😂 cycle 14, well AF came yesterday so I guess cycle 15 now for me. I hope the test comes back with some helpful information for you both. TTC has consumed my life and I had a good old cry on Sunday to the OH and said if we aren’t pregnant by next Feb (2 years of trying) I’m giving up because it is so mentally and emotionally draining.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
i can’t see anything, sorry. 4 days from period is still quite early though so perhaps these aren’t sensitive enough. Blue dye can be known for an evap line, maybe try a red dye like first response. The early result would be sensitive enough to use possibly. Negative doesn’t mean you’re out, though x
It’s ok I knew all of this, I think I needed someone impartial to tell me. I don’t think my other half understands it totally and it’s frustrating listening to him say “yes, I see it” and I know there’s nothing there. He’s just excited, thank you though 😊❤

• Heart
It’s ok I knew all of this, I think I needed someone impartial to tell me. I don’t think my other half understands it totally and it’s frustrating listening to him say “yes, I see it” and I know there’s nothing there. He’s just excited, thank you though 😊❤
It’s lovely he’s so excited! It’s hard to tell from the pic, and I know faint lines can be much easier seen IRL! Hopefully a test tomorrow will be more fruitful for you ❤❤

Are you me?! 😂 cycle 14, well AF came yesterday so I guess cycle 15 now for me. I hope the test comes back with some helpful information for you both. TTC has consumed my life and I had a good old cry on Sunday to the OH and said if we aren’t pregnant by next Feb (2 years of trying) I’m giving up because it is so mentally and emotionally draining.
Haha we are similar!
He has children already so he is highly unlikely to be the problem although I know it can happen. I badly want everything to be fine with us but then I guess they can't help as to why its not happening if so, so that frightens me a bit too.

I have also said I feel like giving up a few times now, that I can't do this anymore and when I feel like that I mean it. When my period comes I just feel so bad. Last month i truly felt like my heart was physically hurting and breaking with pain. And I just think I can't do this to myself anymore. But then I think about it possibly meaning me never having a child of my own and that thought kills me... And I guess that's what makes me carry on. I truly truly have so much admiration for those women that do this for years, they are so strong.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.