TTC’ers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been watching this thread for a while now but don’t really like putting my feelings out there. But you all seem like a lovely bunch. I came off the pill in Feb 2020 and nothing as of yet. I’m getting so disheartened with it all. AF arrived today (again). Probably doesn’t help that I’m nearing the big 4-0 either. Has anyone here managed to get pregnant in their late 30’s? Any advice would be appreciated. I’m taking all the vitamins, I seem to be ovulating, just getting so tired of it all now. 😢. I also seem to spot ever so slightly for a few days before AF. I’m honestly not sure if that’s normal for me or not as I’ve been on the pill since my teens with the odd break here and there. Cycles seemed to go back to normal after a few months off x
Hiya, I am 28, but I also came off the pill just before you and nothing at all yet, so I know how you feel. It is hard to feel positive
14 months x
I am 7dpo and came off the pill just before you. Its bloody hard isn't it x
I took some ovulation tests over the last few days as I was WAY too chicken to take a pregnancy test, caved yesterday morning and today (the FRER) and 😱😱 it doesn’t feel real!!
Yesterday was the clear blue

I feel so blessed and also so guilty being able to write this. I am so lucky and I promise I really, really know that. You guys are the loveliest community and I can’t wait to see the rest of you fall pregnant 💕
View attachment 533167
Congratulations. I'm very happy for you. I think you are around the same amount of time as me but I could be remembering wrong, can I ask how long you tried for?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I took some ovulation tests over the last few days as I was WAY too chicken to take a pregnancy test, caved yesterday morning and today (the FRER) and 😱😱 it doesn’t feel real!!

I feel so blessed and also so guilty being able to write this. I am so lucky and I promise I really, really know that. You guys are the loveliest community and I can’t wait to see the rest of you fall pregnant 💕
View attachment 533167
Omg congratulations!! I'm so happy for you ❤

• Heart
These are the tests I took at 5am, very happy but scared! Just praying it works out this time as I'm nearing my would have been due date 🤞 I'm not due on until tomorrow so won't count my chickens x
Congratulations! Sorry I can't remember everyone's timescales when ttc, can I ask how long you've been trying? X

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Congratulations! Sorry I can't remember everyone's timescales when ttc, can I ask how long you've been trying? X
That's okay,there a lot of us! I've been ttc baby 2 since late August 2020, with a loss in late September xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Ahh huge congratulation niamhm and grumpycat 🥰💕 so so happy for you both, I did a big squeal when I checked here this morning. Enjoy every second of it ❤

on a slightly different note can I ask for opinions on alcohol while ttc? I don’t drink very often but do enjoy it but stopped for a good few months there. Do you guys drink at all while ttc? Generally if I am going to drink I avoid completely in the TWW but wondering if that’s risky. It’s shocking how little I know about this stuff 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh my goodness I am SO pleased for you! I have been thinking about you ❤❤❤
eeeek thank you!! ❤❤ Hope you’re feeling well!!
I just literally squealed out loud! So happy for you lovely lady, huge congratulations 😍 wishing you a very happy and very healthy 9 months 💞
ahh could you be anymore lush?! Thank you so much ❤Sending you all the love and luck for this next cycle. You got it ❤❤

Congratulations!!!! Yay!!!! How axing!! Did you have any symptoms?
I was super crampy after ovulation, and then the last week or so I’ve been more tired than usual, I’ve had difficulty sleeping, my boobs started to feel different - not hurt but I was aware of them if that makes sense
I was super gassy, burping allll the time for no reason. Also more hungry than normal!
I’ve had some twinging and pulling too.
around 6dpo I had a pain that I thought could have been implantation but wasn’t sure! I also had heart palpitations just after which I think I’ve only ever had when I was pregnant with my son.

Hiya, I am 28, but I also came off the pill just before you and nothing at all yet, so I know how you feel. It is hard to feel positive

I am 7dpo and came off the pill just before you. Its bloody hard isn't it x

Congratulations. I'm very happy for you. I think you are around the same amount of time as me but I could be remembering wrong, can I ask how long you tried for?
I came off this pill in feb, so this is our second cycle. The first cycle we tried with ovulation tests, more to check my body was doing what it should be. We are v v lucky to have caught so quickly 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ahh huge congratulation niamhm and grumpycat 🥰💕 so so happy for you both, I did a big squeal when I checked here this morning. Enjoy every second of it ❤

on a slightly different note can I ask for opinions on alcohol while ttc? I don’t drink very often but do enjoy it but stopped for a good few months there. Do you guys drink at all while ttc? Generally if I am going to drink I avoid completely in the TWW but wondering if that’s risky. It’s shocking how little I know about this stuff 😂
Thank you!
I'm not a big drinker but haven't avoided it, I think as long as you're not binge drinking it's fine 😆

• Heart
That's okay,there a lot of us! I've been ttc baby 2 since late August 2020, with a loss in late September xx
I am even more happier for you after hearing about your loss.
Your news has actually made me feel really upbeat and positive.
I came off this pill in feb, so this is our second cycle. The first cycle we tried with ovulation tests, more to check my body was doing what it should be. We are v v lucky to have caught so quickly 🤞🏻
Oh wow that's amazing. Congratulations ❤
I always wonder this. I'm not a big drinker but when I have wanted to I always think I shouldn't incase. I didn't drink my whole holiday last summer then my period came the last day. I was well pissed off 🤣. Covid made it easier as not sure what I'd do about nights out in the TWW.... If I missed out incase then AF came that would be crap but then if I drank then I finally was pregnant I'd feel awful.... Its a strange one I think.

• Heart
Congratulations Niamhm! Lovely news, fingers crossed you have a healthy pregnancy 🥰🤞🏻

I posted a few days ago saying we weren’t trying until October, but my partner came back from working away at the end of my fertile week (according to Flo, god knows if it’s correct) and well... the plan went out the window 🤣 so will see what happens I suppose. Would be incredibly lucky to catch, but I guess it happens for some people?

View attachment 533167
oh my goodness, congratulations! What lovely news!! 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 3

View attachment 533167
Congratulations 🎉💖💖 xxx

• Heart

View attachment 533167
Congratulations grumpycat! 💕

• Heart

View attachment 533167
Congratulations ❤

• Heart
Cycles have been anything 32-40 days the last few months. Last month my period arrived after 14 days and only lasted 3. And advice anyone? No idea what that was and why. I’ve never had one that short.

I've never been a big drinker (verrry cheap drunk), but the minute my period started, I'd have myself some wine or a gin tonic 😅 Then when my period was over I'd stop completely again for the rest of the cycle.
And in the end TTC worked out, so I don't think it was an issue. Just don't have too much.
Otherwise I would've had nothing to drink since Oct 2019, and that's no fun, especially during holidays 🤪

• Heart

View attachment 533167
Huge congratulations! ❤

• Heart

I still drunk, im not a huge drinker but enjoyed a wine or 2 at the weekend. As it was lockdown also I don’t think I would have coped at the weekends without it 😅

• Heart
Hi guys!

I need some advice as I can't ask anyone else right now not even my husband!

So after seeing @grumpycat said she took an OPK test and it came up high and then it followed a positive pregnancy test I thought I'd try my luck 🤣 I took an ovulation test yesterday and it came up higher than I expected. Normally there's barely a line when I'm out of my fertile period. So I thought I'd take a pregnancy test, just a cheapie one. I saw the feintest line but I put it down to being an evap.

Anyway I've taken another this morning. First photo is from before I dipped it, second one is 3 mins later, third is about 6 mins later.

Advice?!!! What do you think? I'm trying not to get my hopes up...! I'm 10DPO.

Oh. I have no idea how to upload more than one photo so that's the last one!

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.