TTC’ers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey hope everyone is well. Been so busy found it difficult keeping up.
Im 11dpo today. At 6dpo I had one small bit of spotting and for 2-3 days after that had some af like cramps. I thought all of this was a positive sign so I took a frer test yesterday and it was BFN. I figured if these signs were implantation an early detection test might of picked something up? I’m hoping I’m wrong. Af is due Saturday. I’m hoping It was just too early still, I’m becoming quite upset with this journey so far. I will be off the pill a year at the end of this month so get quite tearful coming up to this ‘milestone’.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh god, has anyone watched Delivering Miracles? Its incredible and utterly heartbreaking at times. These doctors are just unreal. Makes me petrified to get pregnant again even though I want it more than anything 😂

Reactions: 1
Hey everyone 👋🏻 I’ve lurked here for a while but not been able to bring myself to chat.

For 14 months now I’ve been using no protection as myself and my partner said no stress, let’s just see what happens.. every month I’m getting more stressed though!

We are now going to take the next step of trying seriously.. for lack of better phrasing.. since the chilled approach clearly isn’t working 🙈 Whenever I start to google it’s quite a minefield of vitamins, testing, logging everything and it’s so overwhelming! Does anyone have any recommendations for websites / apps with all the important basics?

Hey everyone 👋🏻 I’ve lurked here for a while but not been able to bring myself to chat.

For 14 months now I’ve been using no protection as myself and my partner said no stress, let’s just see what happens.. every month I’m getting more stressed though!

We are now going to take the next step of trying seriously.. for lack of better phrasing.. since the chilled approach clearly isn’t working 🙈 Whenever I start to google it’s quite a minefield of vitamins, testing, logging everything and it’s so overwhelming! Does anyone have any recommendations for websites / apps with all the important basics?
Read some of the last 50 pages. Lots of info

Read some of the last 50 pages. Lots of info
Sorry if you feel I shouldn’t have spoken up for advice and just read 😔 I have read all of them. I have been following for some time and there is so much to take in when you feel overwhelmed by the situation. I downloaded the Ovia app after seeing on here but there’s so much you have to answer and was simply hoping someone wouldn’t mind sharing how they started to take all of the information in and if they had any recommendations of resource for ‘beginners’ as such.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sorry if you feel I shouldn’t have spoken up for advice and just read 😔 I have read all of them. I have been following for some time and there is so much to take in when you feel overwhelmed by the situation. I downloaded the Ovia app after seeing on here but there’s so much you have to answer and was simply hoping someone wouldn’t mind sharing how they started to take all of the information in and if they had any recommendations of resource for ‘beginners’ as such.
I think it depends how ‘hard’ you want to go. Ovulation kits are a lot of work but they can help pinpoint when you ovulate (doing BBT even more accurate) than the apps because the apps just guess based on your cycle but most people find the apps are off

The best way I would think, without using OPK’s (because they can be so constant and make you quite anxious/are a lot of daily work) I would just try having sex every other day from CD9 of your cycle. Have you been monitoring your cervical mucus?

Reactions: 2

I found the premom app really good and simple to use. I also tracked my periods using the tracker on the iphone health app (if you have an iPhone). Are you tracking ovulation I personally found the clear blue tests were the easiest to follow. The cheapie sticks didn’t work for me but they do for others so find what’s best for you. In terms of vitamins maybe look for an all one to make life simpler. I really recommend the pregnacare preconception for him&her pack. Hope this helps a bit 🙂

ps stay away from mumsnet I found it very stressful and overwhelming on there 😂😂

pps the peanut app has some good ttc groups on there 👍🏻

Last edited:
Thank you @grumpycat & @Dipdab ❤
So far I have only been tracking period / ovulation on my iPhone health app so if it can be quite off I definitely need to track elsewhere.. I didn’t realise that!
It seems like a good step then would be trying premom app, ovulation kits and pregnacare. I haven’t measured cervical mucus so that’s something for me to look into now too.
My periods are luckily bang on regular so hopefully it’s just a case of me not getting my ovulation dates correct. Thank you so much for the starter advice. Trip to boots on my lunch tomorrow for my sticks and vitamins and keeping my fingers crossed for next month 🙂

So far I have only been tracking period / ovulation on my iPhone health app so if it can be quite off I definitely need to track elsewhere.. I didn’t realise that!
It seems like a good step then would be trying premom app, ovulation kits and pregnacare. I haven’t measured cervical mucus so that’s something for me to look into now too.
My periods are luckily bang on regular so hopefully it’s just a case of me not getting my ovulation dates correct. Thank you so much for the starter advice. Trip to boots on my lunch tomorrow for my sticks and vitamins and keeping my fingers crossed for next month 🙂
Like others have said, depends how hard you want to go. Definitely recommend starting some vitamins.
OPKs may seem overwhelming at first but once you get used to them. Premom is probably the best app in my opinion. The longer you use the app for the more it gets to know you, so don’t necessarily trust it at first when it gives you an ovulation date. CM is a really good indicator, you’re looking for egg white looking mucous once you see that, start having sex

Cervical mucus is a good way to figure out what’s going on with your body. During ovulation, you’ll feel ‘wetter’ and cervical mucus will be stretcher, allowing sperm to swim better. When your CM is thicker, creamier it’s classed as ‘non fertile’

I also vote the CB digi (or any digi) stick for OPK if you do want to go down that route. I found that taking it with first morning urine was easier, I knew my result and then I would keep a close eye on my CM too. Inputting it into the likes of Ovia, will help the app predict your ‘fertile window’ which is the 4/5 days leading up to ovulation and ovulation day itself. You need to be having sex in those days leading up to ensure there is sperm waiting for Ovulation.

I only took folic acid whilst TTC, and once I got a high reading in my digital OPK, we had sex every other day, or every day if we could.

Hope this helps and don’t even afraid to ask anything, big or small!

Last edited:
@Cooksie I also found the clear blue ovulation sticks the most useful, and I tracked using the Flo app. I tried the boots own brand digital ovulation sticks too which were good, I just didn’t rate the non digital ones personally. I took the pregnacare pre conception tablets. I also second the peanut app for advice from fellow TTCers, although it can get a bit overwhelming over there (it’s definitely better than mumsnet) 🤍

Like others have said, depends how hard you want to go. Definitely recommend starting some vitamins.
OPKs may seem overwhelming at first but once you get used to them. Premom is probably the best app in my opinion. The longer you use the app for the more it gets to know you, so don’t necessarily trust it at first when it gives you an ovulation date. CM is a really good indicator, you’re looking for egg white looking mucous once you see that, start having sex
Thank you! I think this seems like a good starting point for a few months especially while I sync up to the app. I can get quite anxious so definitely trying to get the most relaxed but effective plan in place for the next step.

Thank you! I think this seems like a good starting point for a few months especially while I sync up to the app. I can get quite anxious so definitely trying to get the most relaxed but effective plan in place for the next step.
Good luck xx

• Heart
@Cooksie I also found the clear blue ovulation sticks the most useful, and I tracked using the Flo app. I tried the boots own brand digital ovulation sticks too which were good, I just didn’t rate the non digital ones personally. I took the pregnacare pre conception tablets. I also second the peanut app for advice from fellow TTCers, although it can get a bit overwhelming over there (it’s definitely better than mumsnet) 🤍
Ah fab I’ll pick up the clear blue ones from Boots and pregnacare seems the best option for vitamins. I’ll avoid mumsnet and I’ll give the peanut app a go 🙂

Ah fab I’ll pick up the clear blue ones from Boots and pregnacare seems the best option for vitamins. I’ll avoid mumsnet and I’ll give the peanut app a go 🙂
A warning though they turn your wee bright yellow!!! I panicked and thought there was something wrong with me 😆😆 good luck xx

@calmyourritas I feel like Pregnacare should come with that on the box! 😂 So weird the first time you notice.

CD44 and no period... What the hell, body? 😤

A warning though they turn your wee bright yellow!!! I panicked and thought there was something wrong with me 😆😆 good luck xx
Haha thank you for the warning 🤣

And massive thank you to everyone for your answers. I’m feeling a lot more positive now than I have been lately ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This explains a lot 😂 I was extra thirsty when I was pregnant and drank soo much water but my pee was bright yellow every time. Wish I’d realised this instead of thinking I was dehydrated 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.