TTC’ers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you guys have higher LH/ darker tests at certain times of day? Mine seems to be darker in the morningmidday then every day by evening it’s gone very light again. Happened for the last few days. The first day it happened and was my darkest yet (CD22) I got excited because I thought that was my surge starting but nope, by the next pee it had gone down loads and was super light once again. seems to go up and down throughout the day - put the last few days of tests below so you can see what I mean.

Now CD 24 and 6th day of CB flashing smiley so hoping to see a peak soon.

View attachment 564051
I have exactly the same! I am starting to wonder if I've been missing my peaks as only started testing in the morning too after thinking you should be testing 4-8pm. I guess just keep testing opk? 🤞

Hey everyone I’m just catching up with all of the posts on this thread! So glad there’s a thread on tattle so I don’t have to join up to mumsnet/netmums lol. I’m ttc number 2, number 1 took 18 months and I really hope it doesn’t take so long this time! I am going to attach my preg tests from 10dpo (today). I think there is a faint line but I don’t believe I’m pregnant because I have 0 symptoms 🥲

im currently lying in bed feeling like a moron because I’ve told my friend and sister and wish I’d kept my mouth shut 😭 tests I’ve took since these have been much lighter/nothing there.

I’m also aware one step are notorious for evaps! But I have been taking them since 7dpo and they’ve been stark white up until now.
View attachment 564233
I can definitely see faint lines on both! Echo what poster above said about the clear blue digital ones and perhaps the first response 6 days early as they're more sensitive to HCG hormones. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you to both! I’ve done a couple more today and the line is still there; maybe a bit stronger so I’m keeping everything crossed!

I bought the clear blue because I was hoping to see “pregnant” and somehow managed to do both tests incorrectly so they were invalid 😱 I even timed the 20 seconds so I’ll be off to Superdrug today to see if they’ll exchange for some new ones - even though it was apparently something I did wrong lol 💔

11dpo still no symptoms other than headache 🤷‍♀️ I don’t think I had any symptoms with my first though so trying to stay positive xx

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Congratulations @MadHat :)

I’m currently 8DPO and 99% sure it’s not our month as we didn’t time sex right but I’ve been nauseous every morning for the past week. Eases off around lunch and goes completely by early afternoon. Why do our bodies do this to us?

• Heart
Thank you to both! I’ve done a couple more today and the line is still there; maybe a bit stronger so I’m keeping everything crossed!

I bought the clear blue because I was hoping to see “pregnant” and somehow managed to do both tests incorrectly so they were invalid 😱 I even timed the 20 seconds so I’ll be off to Superdrug today to see if they’ll exchange for some new ones - even though it was apparently something I did wrong lol 💔

11dpo still no symptoms other than headache 🤷‍♀️ I don’t think I had any symptoms with my first though so trying to stay positive xx
Nooo 🙈 how did you do that ?!

• Haha
Hi! I’ve been a lurker for a while, we are ttc number 2.
I had been trying to get my coil removed since September 2019, needed an operation in the end to get it out, this was in December. We’ve been trying since and no luck.

I feel so down about it today, my first was so easy & naively I thought it would be the same this time!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I had been trying to get my coil removed since September 2019, needed an operation in the end to get it out, this was in December. We’ve been trying since and no luck.

I feel so down about it today, my first was so easy & naively I thought it would be the same this time!
Hey! I had the coil and I’m the same!?

Also trying for number two. We had a miscarriage at almost 10 weeks in March...! Back using the ClearBlue sticks that helped us back in jan. We'd been trying for 3 months using cheap sticks and then the first month using cb we conceived...hoping to be as lucky this time round. Desperate to make our almost 4 year old a big bro. Wishing you all the luck....from a very merry me...! Been celebrating my birthday 😂

Reactions: 2
Also trying for number two. We had a miscarriage at almost 10 weeks in March...! Back using the ClearBlue sticks that helped us back in jan. We'd been trying for 3 months using cheap sticks and then the first month using cb we conceived...hoping to be as lucky this time round. Desperate to make our almost 4 year old a big bro. Wishing you all the luck....from a very merry me...! Been celebrating my birthday 😂
I’ve been using cheap ones, I’m going to order clear blue ones now. Also trying to make our 4 year old a big brother! Happy birthday! X

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve been using cheap ones, I’m going to order clear blue ones now. Also trying to make our 4 year old a big brother! Happy birthday! X
Ah thank you. Yeah I cant be doing with the cheap ones, it made me obsessed. Totally get not everyone can afford them but for me it was better for my mindset as was very black and white. Hope we get to make our boys big bros sooner rather than later xx

Nooo 🙈 how did you do that ?!
I wish I know!! I peed in a cup, put the stick facing down in it for 20 seconds (timed). Removed and kept it lying flat and it was just like -“hmm.. Nope”. So I’m sticking with the old fashioned lines 😬 (10-12dpo..)

Still wish I’d waited until my period is due like with my first! Though with him I’d accepted I wasn’t going to get pregnant on my own and we were just about to embark on IVF, I only did the test because I was planning a night of drinking at my friends wedding x

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I wish I know!! I peed in a cup, put the stick facing down in it for 20 seconds (timed). Removed and kept it lying flat and it was just like -“hmm.. Nope”. So I’m sticking with the old fashioned lines 😬 (10-12dpo..)

Still wish I’d waited until my period is due like with my first! Though with him I’d accepted I wasn’t going to get pregnant on my own and we were just about to embark on IVF, I only did the test because I was planning a night of drinking at my friends wedding x
I did the same with clear blue over the summer.

Because I’m losing my mind, I threw away my pregnancy tests to stop me testing pre period. My period is due on Friday, and no doubt will arrive.

I feel this week I am slowly accepting at 35 nearly 36, I won’t conceive again and my 4 year old will be an only child like me. I hated being an only child growing up and I just don’t want the same for him.

• Heart

Because I’m losing my mind, I threw away my pregnancy tests to stop me testing pre period. My period is due on Friday, and no doubt will arrive.

I feel this week I am slowly accepting at 35 nearly 36, I won’t conceive again and my 4 year old will be an only child like me. I hated being an only child growing up and I just don’t want the same for him.
How long have you been trying for? Sending lots of love xxx

🎉 And there it is 🌈❤ congratulations 🎉
Do you know when you are due ? Going by when I ovulated I'm 18th Jan

Smallpotato im 36 in August , my son is 9 and I've tried since he was born to give him a sibling , me and his dad divorced , I lost a baby in February with my new partner but hopefully this is it now 🌈 January he will have a much longed for brother or sister.

• Heart
How long have you been trying for? Sending lots of love xxx
Barely any time at all, it’s been 3 months. I’ve honestly got to remember that when I came off the pill at 30, it took me 9 months to fall pregnant and I had a miscarriage. And then another. Then another 7 months and I fell pregnant with my son.

My husband didn’t want children with a close age gap, he has 5 years between him and his siblings and said it worked for him, meanwhile I have no siblings and I wanted children close together. It’s been a bit of a bone of contention between us both.

Barely any time at all, it’s been 3 months. I’ve honestly got to remember that when I came off the pill at 30, it took me 9 months to fall pregnant and I had a miscarriage. And then another. Then another 7 months and I fell pregnant with my son.

My husband didn’t want children with a close age gap, he has 5 years between him and his siblings and said it worked for him, meanwhile I have no siblings and I wanted children close together. It’s been a bit of a bone of contention between us both.
I think there are definitely pros and cons to having all different kinds of age gaps. Smaller is much more stressful for a longer time, less of yourself to spread around at once, quite a bit of jealousy often but also they become very close and bond over the similar things and you can generally please them both/all with the same activities (my two are 19 months apart). Larger age gaps are generally much less stressful, less guilt about spreading yourself around because you get designated chunks of time to spend with each child I.e. while they’re at school/nursery etc and you deffo still get that best friend bond (my brother and I are 4 years apart).

At the end of the day, if you are lucky enough for your child to have a sibling at whatever point I find it is generally a very positive thing as each child brings so much to the table so try not to stress about it too much. That’s what I’m telling myself anyway LOL *rocks back and forth in a corner because TTC is too out of my control for my brain to deal with* 😅🙃😂 xxx

• Heart
I think there are definitely pros and cons to having all different kinds of age gaps. Smaller is much more stressful for a longer time, less of yourself to spread around at once, quite a bit of jealousy often but also they become very close and bond over the similar things and you can generally please them both/all with the same activities (my two are 19 months apart). Larger age gaps are generally much less stressful, less guilt about spreading yourself around because you get designated chunks of time to spend with each child I.e. while they’re at school/nursery etc and you deffo still get that best friend bond (my brother and I are 4 years apart).

At the end of the day, if you are lucky enough for your child to have a sibling at whatever point I find it is generally a very positive thing as each child brings so much to the table so try not to stress about it too much. That’s what I’m telling myself anyway LOL *rocks back and forth in a corner because TTC is too out of my control for my brain to deal with* 😅🙃😂 xxx
My husband is one of 5 (blended family!) and all of his siblings are 4/5years apart. It’s hard when I see my friend popping out kids. I put a post on FB about my son getting into school that we chose, and two people just said “time for another!”

duck off honestly!

• Heart
My husband is one of 5 (blended family!) and all of his siblings are 4/5years apart. It’s hard when I see my friend popping out kids. I put a post on FB about my son getting into school that we chose, and two people just said “time for another!”

duck off honestly!
People are totally unreal aren’t they. Other than the obvious as to why those sorts of comments are crappy on every level...if you’d have been pregnant within a year of having your first then there’d be “wow, you’re mad!” or “again?! already?!” Makes me so mad. Got all my fingers crossed for you lovely xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
People are totally unreal aren’t they. Other than the obvious as to why those sorts of comments are crappy on every level...if you’d have been pregnant within a year of having your first then there’d be “wow, you’re mad!” or “again?! already?!” Makes me so mad. Got all my fingers crossed for you lovely xxx
I’ve stopped being polite now and just tell people the line “I’m good at falling pregnant, not staying pregnant”. Feel awkward? Well tough tit!

Also thank you for being so sweet. I’m having a bad week this week with TTC.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Hi everyone, I hope nobody minds me posting this here - my period is just a day late so I took a test on the off chance just now - I *think* I can see a faint line but I think it might just be my eyes! It looks blue in real life... I was just wanting some of your opinions. I won’t be offended if you can’t see it 😊

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.