TTC’ers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been looking into it and it seems like being in a calorie deficit when you come off the pill can affect your cycle coming back and is generally not great for TTC unless you are very overweight.

Thinking maybe I should stop dieting if I want to conceive? I’ve been eating at at least a 600 deficit for a couple of months now (not every day but I have been losing weight). I figured if I fell pregnant I would stop dieting but in the meantime weight loss wouldn’t hurt as I am still about 10 pounds overweight currently (BMI is a little over 25). Now I’m thinking about it it’s probably not the best idea.

Anyone else dieted whilst TTC and has it affected you? I don’t know if I’m being silly and the idea of having a reason eat more just seems good to me so I’m selling it to myself😅
I’m also eating in a deficit and obviously haven’t had any luck lol. I figured I’d rather be a healthier weight if I am lucky enough to fall pregnant. Maybe try slightly less of a deficit, not as extreme as 600? I find the dieting gives me something else to focus and obsess over rather than ttc.

also, on your earlier post. You may not have ovulated *yet 🤞🏻I was stressed out of my mind posting yesterday about not ovulating, I’m CD21 and just got my first peak today! I came off the pill in October, but this is 1st month properly tracking. We are around the same age from what I remember (28?) so you might find this useful. Maybe you’re like me and just having long cycle! Xx

Reactions: 2
I’m also eating in a deficit and obviously haven’t had any luck lol. I figured I’d rather be a healthier weight if I am lucky enough to fall pregnant. Maybe try slightly less of a deficit, not as extreme as 600? I find the dieting gives me something else to focus and obsess over rather than ttc.

also, on your earlier post. You may not have ovulated *yet 🤞🏻I was stressed out of my mind posting yesterday about not ovulating, I’m CD21 and just got my first peak today! I came off the pill in October, but this is 1st month properly tracking. We are around the same age from what I remember (28?) so you might find this useful. Maybe you’re like me and just having long cycle! Xx
Yeah maybe I’ll make my deficit a bit smaller 🤔 I will have a think on it.

And yay that’s good! And really reassuring, thank you for posting. I def need to read more people who have just had a later peak so thank you 😊

I have just gone down the rabbit hole on post pill cycles on YouTube and now I’m basically telling myself I will be having a 100+ day cycle or something 😅 need to remind myself I am on CD16 and not to be such a drama queen! 👸🏼

• Heart

And yay that’s good! And really reassuring, thank you for posting. I def need to read more people who have just had a later peak so thank you 😊

I have just gone down the rabbit hole on post pill cycles on YouTube and now I’m basically telling myself I will be having a 100+ day cycle or something 😅 need to remind myself I am on CD16 and not to be such a drama queen! 👸🏼
💖💖 It’s so nice to have real people to compare to. I never took breaks or had AF on my pill and was on it for 12 years so I had the exact same fear, but my period has been pretty regular every 32-33 days so don’t worry 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Remember most people only ever post about the bad case, not the good! The first time I came off the pill I had a 34 days cycle and then the second time it was 31 I think. So, you’ve still got loads of time!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
what is soonest day post-ovulation that you can get a positive pregnancy test?
Really is dependent on how much hormone your body produces after fertilisation / when your egg is fertilised and implants (which can take up to a week I think ?). I got a strong positive about 10 DPO with my last pregnancy but know some people who get a faint one on the day of their missed period or a faint one 7DPO (the earliest I think) so it really just depends on the person xx

Really is dependent on how much hormone your body produces after fertilisation / when your egg is fertilised and implants (which can take up to a week I think ?). I got a strong positive about 10 DPO with my last pregnancy but know some people who get a faint one on the day of their missed period or a faint one 7DPO (the earliest I think) so it really just depends on the person xx
thanks so much!!

Morning ladies. Just want to thank you all for keeping me sane this cycle. It’s nice to have someone to talk to!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Morning all. 😊 Argh, I'm back in limbo land, I think my period was due on Wednesday, no sign of it at all. Had BFNs on Wednesday and again this morning. 😖 Now just a waiting game to see when it arrives.

@Smallpotato I agree! I'd definitely be going mad without this little community. I don't even post that much but I read everything, people are so helpful.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So my blood tests have come back and I need an appointment with the doctor so something has to be wrong. The doctor is going to call on Wednesday so now I’m going to be anxious about what could be wrong for basically a whole week.
I'm thankful that whatever is wrong atleast I’ll know about it soon but I can’t help but have such a dropping feeling in my stomach from worry
I had this with a blood test (unrelated to TTC) but it was actually that they prefer to give out results from a doctor. I was panicking with mine, but it turned out I had a vitamin D deficiency, so they just wanted to talk to me about it and prescribe the supplements. When something was wrong with my family member, the doctor called her straight away, so hopefully that reassures you. I've also got the NHS app and you can see test results sometimes on that, might be worth downloading to have a look to see? Sending love 💗

• Heart
I had this with a blood test (unrelated to TTC) but it was actually that they prefer to give out results from a doctor. I was panicking with mine, but it turned out I had a vitamin D deficiency, so they just wanted to talk to me about it and prescribe the supplements. When something was wrong with my family member, the doctor called her straight away, so hopefully that reassures you. I've also got the NHS app and you can see test results sometimes on that, might be worth downloading to have a look to see? Sending love 💗
thank you for sharing 💗 I felt like I spiralled into an anxious home yesterday - trying to be more positive about it since worrying isn’t helping any lol. I’m hoping it’s something small and manageable like a vit deficiency I’m just not sure how many things they were going to test for but fingers crossed 🤞🏼
I’m in Scotland so the app my doctors uses is called patient access but my surgery only give out the registration code face to face for privacy reasons 😩
Lots of baby dust to everyone ❤

Well AF due Thursday and no sign yet. I keep nipping to the loo at every opportunity to check 🙈 my colleagues probably think I have a uti 🤣

just want it to arrive so I can stop thinking about it. It’s crazy how much it takes over your day / life!!

Reactions: 5
Really wish the apps (Flo etc) would alter after you put in you haven’t ovulated the day they predict. It predicted my ovulation for CD15, I’m CD17 and have logged my negative OPK results. Still now when I got to use it, it’s all like ‘you are 2 DPO, you should expect to feel this way, test in this many days’

Well no Flo hun I won’t be testing bc I haven’t ovulated yet have I 😠 or the last few days it was like ‘oh you’re super fertile right now’ again... I’m not but cool thanks for reminding me.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I found Flo annoying. It was constantly pestering me to sign up for the paid version so I use premom instead.

Reactions: 1
I found Flo annoying. It was constantly pestering me to sign up for the paid version so I use premom instead.
I am sort of trialling a few at the min to find my fave! I do like pre mom but think I prefer Ovia at the min as it seems to be the only one which actually adjusts its predictions in line with my inputs.

I am sort of trialling a few at the min to find my fave! I do like pre mom but think I prefer Ovia at the min as it seems to be the only one which actually adjusts its predictions in line with my inputs.
Ovia is great, clue is my favourite period tracker though. Was gutted when they changed it to not show your fertile period as usually that was really accurate for me - now it seems to be all over the place!

Really wish the apps (Flo etc) would alter after you put in you haven’t ovulated the day they predict. It predicted my ovulation for CD15, I’m CD17 and have logged my negative OPK results. Still now when I got to use it, it’s all like ‘you are 2 DPO, you should expect to feel this way, test in this many days’

Well no Flo hun I won’t be testing bc I haven’t ovulated yet have I 😠 or the last few days it was like ‘oh you’re super fertile right now’ again... I’m not but cool thanks for reminding me.
Correct me if I’m wrong but clue does do this! Apple health and easy at home don’t.

But Clue doesn't have your fertile window anymore. Never tried Ovia though, perhaps I should!

CD 16, still getting the blank face 😐 (day 3 of using CB) I was hoping for at least a little flashy face as I feel like I have other signs, yesterday’s LH strips still low too and haven’t done today’s yet.

Just want my body to start doing something already, clearly it’s taking a while for my own hormones to start working. 19 days off the pill now and more and more conscious it could be weeks still yet. Was hoping I’d be one of those lucky people who just ovulates straight away but guess not.
Are you using the pink clear blues or the purple? The pink ones don’t do flashing smileys - just the static smiley on peak day, whereas the purple ones do flashing ones the days leading up to your peak, then the static. Just clarifying this as I had the pink ones and read on here about flashing smileys and was so confused but the pink ones don’t do that.

Are you using the pink clear blues or the purple? The pink ones don’t do flashing smileys - just the static smiley on peak day, whereas the purple ones do flashing ones the days leading up to your peak, then the static. Just clarifying this as I had the pink ones and read on here about flashing smileys and was so confused but the pink ones don’t do that.
Definitely the purple ones, I got them because I like the idea of the flashy smiley a few days before but I know some people go straight to the static one even on the purple (or only get the flashing one!)

Hopefully I ovulate soon or the purple ones are gonna get expensive 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.