TTC’ers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God I’m so bummed I haven’t taken these tablets and now I’m almost certain I’m out 😂
I take zinc w/copper, folic acid and iron (every other day) so i hope that’s good enough 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve been taking the pregnacare preconception tablets since July and still not pregnant 🙈 every time I have to buy a new pack it breaks my heart a little as I always hope I can “graduate” to the pregnancy ones 😂 I feel the same about the pregnancy thread on here. I’m a lurker on it but hope one day to actually post on there!!

I’ve been taking the pregnacare preconception tablets since July and still not pregnant 🙈 every time I have to buy a new pack it breaks my heart a little as I always hope I can “graduate” to the pregnancy ones 😂 I feel the same about the pregnancy thread on here. I’m a lurker on it but hope one day to actually post on there!!
Just quoting myself to add, obviously not bashing the pregnacare tablets. There’s other reasons why I haven’t got pregnant (PCOS) so don’t want to put anyone off buying them! X

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've been offered the vaccine. I have always wanted it but due to the recommendation to stop trying for the months after each vaccine I didn't have it. I've tried for too long and don't think it would be good for me mentally.
Just to say the guidance re: vaccination has changed since it was being developed. The British Fertility Society and Association of Reproductive and Clinical Scientists have issued guidance to say that people of reproductive age should have their vaccination when they receive their invitation, including those who are trying for a baby.

It has also been advised that women in high risk groups should they catch Covid consider having the vaccine.

Obviously this is personal choice, but there was a lot of misinformation and confusion initially which may be putting people off.

I would stick to information on government and medical body websites, but definitely research it.

Hiya girls,

Had a few days away from baby stuff and need to catch up on here.

I've been offered the vaccine. I have always wanted it but due to the recommendation to stop trying for the months after each vaccine I didn't have it. I've tried for too long and don't think it would be good for me mentally.

I think advice has now changed and we can carrying on trying so I would like to get it but I'm still nervous about this, the Internet has mixed advice.

Has anyone had it and carried on recently?
Ive had both vaccinations now, and I’m not worried about it. I know everyone is different though. As far as I’m aware they can’t give any knowledge on whether it will affect fertility or pregnancy simply because it’s such a new drug and hasn’t been trialed, also many drugs aren’t tested on pregnant women for obvious reasons so they say don’t take them but really they would be fine.

This is what my nurse friend told me and makes sense!

I had decided yes after everyone I've asked and also NHS website but rang my doctors to just reassure myself. They weren't sure and gave me the number for where my vaccination will be. They've said no don't have it until after you've had a baby that is their guidance . I'm like????

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Ive had both vaccinations now, and I’m not worried about it. I know everyone is different though. As far as I’m aware they can’t give any knowledge on whether it will affect fertility or pregnancy simply because it’s such a new drug and hasn’t been trialed, also many drugs aren’t tested on pregnant women for obvious reasons so they say don’t take them but really they would be fine.

This is what my nurse friend told me and makes sense!
That’s the reason I don’t want to take it. Also I really want a baby and it’s silly I don’t want to risk something new. I’ve already had some bad luck.
It’s a risk either way taking or not.
Also I have a while till I’m next in line so maybe I get pregnant by then.

That’s the reason I don’t want to take it. Also I really want a baby and it’s silly I don’t want to risk something new. I’ve already had some bad luck.
It’s a risk either way taking or not.
Also I have a while till I’m next in line so maybe I get pregnant by then.
Totally your choice! To be honest I had my first dose in December and my second dose about 6 weeks ago now so by the time I’m pregnant (I assume) it will be a few months down the line so I totally understand your concerns and if you aren’t high risk I can totally see why you would wait x

Reactions: 1
I’m really hoping I’m pregnant before I’m offered it, that way I don’t have to make the decision!
I don’t know how I feel about taking it yet, but I’d also feel like I need to justify why I didn’t take it if I didn’t, and I don’t want to share with everyone that I’m TTC.

(I’m a teacher so it’s a question I would definitely be asked)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m really hoping I’m pregnant before I’m offered it, that way I don’t have to make the decision!
I don’t know how I feel about taking it yet, but I’d also feel like I need to justify why I didn’t take it if I didn’t, and I don’t want to share with everyone that I’m TTC.

(I’m a teacher so it’s a question I would definitely be asked)
Hopefully you do fall pregnant before you’re offered 🤞🏻 If not, I would just say to people as you hope to have children in the future, and affects on fertility are unknown you aren’t going to have it yet.

I’ve had my first dose, waiting for my second. I hesitated at first but thought you know what, I can’t delay everything in life just in case I get pregnant. We’ve been trying for 16 months and nothing has happened so I doubt a vaccine will change that!

I’m also under the care of fertility and they haven’t mentioned once about me or my partner having the vaccine (both NHS workers)

I’ve had my first dose, waiting for my second. I hesitated at first but thought you know what, I can’t delay everything in life just in case I get pregnant. We’ve been trying for 16 months and nothing has happened so I doubt a vaccine will change that!

I’m also under the care of fertility and they haven’t mentioned once about me or my partner having the vaccine (both NHS workers)
I had decided yes. Its the fact it's the actual place the vaccinations are being done that have told me no and not until after I've had a baby. Its totally thrown me! I even said but the NHS website says it's fine... They were like that isn't the guidance we go by 😐

• Wow
I did an ovulation test today. There was a faint line. My periods have been all over the place (suspected PCOS. Currently waiting for an appointment to scan ovaries) I did test as I thought i may have been ovulating due to changes in substances (you know what I mean 😂) now what!!???

I did an ovulation test today. There was a faint line. My periods have been all over the place (suspected PCOS. Currently waiting for an appointment to scan ovaries) I did test as I thought i may have been ovulating due to changes in substances (you know what I mean 😂) now what!!???
Get busy now!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just read the box. It says that a faint line means negative 😱 it must be very dark to be pos? Is this right? Bloody home bargains cheap tit
The test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line on ovulation tests for it to be positive. However if you’re getting fertile looking CM (lol soz) then I’d go for it! Sometimes it’s worth going before the ovulation test is positive if you have other signs as you might have a short window from the positive test to ovulation!

Edit: just to add, I find I get quite a few days of fertile looking stuff... and it comes and goes. I think it’s down to the PCOS. It can be frustrating but it’s worth going for it just to cover all basis I think 😂

Just read the box. It says that a faint line means negative 😱 it must be very dark to be pos? Is this right? Bloody home bargains cheap tit
I would def get down tonight if you can, the test line has to be as dark or darker than the control I believe, but one in the bag won’t hurt! Who knows what tomorrow’s might be 😬

Oh I’m sorry for your loss
I would keep testing, perhaps after the MC it’s taken a while for your cycle to get back into its rhythm, I’ve heard of many a person ovulating on CD22 for example. I would keep testing so you don’t miss the surge 🤞🏻 You can of course not ovulate on a cycle too but I’m not sure how that works!
Finally got my smiley face! On day 19! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
TWW is doing my head in this month. Been crampy essentially since ovulating, not bad but enough to make me think my AF may start at any minute (despite only being about 8/9dpo) Feeling nauseas quite a lot, bloated and super tired all the time and a few headaches. Can’t help but feel like my body is just tricking me 😣 never ever recall feeling like this between periods when not ttc though, uuuuuugggghhhhhhh.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.