TTC’ers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi ladies! Congratulations on the recent positives! I’ve been a lurker for a while 👀💕 so exciting!

I’m going to be ttc in the next few months and I’m already obsessing hehe. Just wondering if any of you take daily vitamins and if I should start taking folic acid now, even if we aren’t actively ttc until Oct/Nov time? (My partner works away) I always have regular cycles (luckily) and I’m worried if I start taking vits in October it will throw my cycles all over the shop.

myself and partner are early 30s, I’ve been off the pill for 3 years and not even a whiff of a positive. We haven’t been trying, but I always assumed a whoopsie surprise might happen but nope!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hi ladies! Congratulations on the recent positives! I’ve been a lurker for a while 👀💕 so exciting!

I’m going to be ttc in the next few months and I’m already obsessing hehe. Just wondering if any of you take daily vitamins and if I should start taking folic acid now, even if we aren’t actively ttc until Oct/Nov time? (My partner works away) I always have regular cycles (luckily) and I’m worried if I start taking vits in October it will throw my cycles all over the shop.

myself and partner are early 30s, I’ve been off the pill for 3 years and not even a whiff of a positive. We haven’t been trying, but I always assumed a whoopsie surprise might happen but nope!

No harm in starting them now. I’ve been on prenatal vitamins for 5 years non stop and my doctors have always been happy for me to stay on them

Reactions: 2
No harm in starting them now. I’ve been on prenatal vitamins for 5 years non stop and my doctors have always been happy for me to stay on them
Thank you! I think I will. I already have vit D in the house so I’ll just order some folic acid from Amazon

Reactions: 1

Yes start now.
I take Folic acid, DHA, Food grown fertility by Wild Nutriton and Vitamin D. I was taking a multi vitamin but swapped last month to the fertility vitamins for women.
Doctors & Nutritionists advise you should be taking folic acid tablets 3 months before you TTC.

I’ve continued taking LH strips after my peak, just to be sure that I don’t get a second one, but the strips are coming up with zero, like hardly even a sniff of a line except the control line
Edited to say: obviously I’m glad so far there is no secondary peak but wouldn’t there be a faint line?!

Is this normal?!

I’ve continued taking LH strips after my peak, just to be sure that I don’t get a second one, but the strips are coming up with zero, like hardly even a sniff of a line except the control line
Edited to say: obviously I’m glad so far there is no secondary peak but wouldn’t there be a faint line?!

Is this normal?!
I had the same as this too! no idea if its normal

I don't think there's any harm in taking it now, especially if there's a chance you could have a surprise pregnancy. I always take it even when not TTC as I have folate deficiency.

Reactions: 2

Is this normal?!
Which strips are you using? I have a very feint line when I'm outside of peak but mine tends to go from feint to really dark - no in between!

is it supposed to go down gradually?
I think it depends on your luteal phase - mine was quite rapid but I thought I’d still have a visible line there?!
Which strips are you using? I have a very feint line when I'm outside of peak but mine tends to go from feint to really dark - no in between!
These are the cheap one step ones. I had a fairly faint but visible like before peak, then a rapid onset of about 2 days then a steep drop off. But they seem to have not even a visible line anymore, the one I did last night premom marked as a 0 😂

I think it depends on your luteal phase - mine was quite rapid but I thought I’d still have a visible line there?!

These are the cheap one step ones. I had a fairly faint but visible like before peak, then a rapid onset of about 2 days then a steep drop off. But they seem to have not even a visible line anymore, the one I did last night premom marked as a 0 😂
Oh!! I use the Premom ones and I'm around 0.20 when I'm out of my peak time.

I don't think there's any harm in taking it now, especially if there's a chance you could have a surprise pregnancy. I always take it even when not TTC as I have folate deficiency.
Yes start now.
I take Folic acid, DHA, Food grown fertility by Wild Nutriton and Vitamin D. I was taking a multi vitamin but swapped last month to the fertility vitamins for women.
Doctors & Nutritionists advise you should be taking folic acid tablets 3 months before you TTC.
Thanks both! I’ve ordered some from Amazon so will just try and make it my daily routine 🙈 I’m terrible for remembering to take tablets.

Oh!! I use the Premom ones and I'm around 0.20 when I'm out of my peak time.
i left mine to dry whilst I worked out and it’s probably a little too long to check and premom logged it as a 3.5 😂

Saying that, my pre peak sat around 3.5/5/7.5 before a peak of 80 so maybe it’s just normal for me?!

Thankyou so much everyone for the love 💖 got my fingers and toes crossed that all will be good and my OH is super excited too 🥰

In case anyone was wondering, this month I used the pregnacare pre conception tablets that @Dipdab recommended. Again, could be coincidence but 🤷‍♀️

My main symptoms over the past week or so have been nausea throughout the day, cramping on and off, headaches particularly with strong smells like coffee or air freshener, extreme tiredness and inability to sleep at night! I also have broken out on my face but that could be the mask lol. I have sore boobs that has only come on today.

Wishing you all much luck xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 17
How are you getting on @Honeybeetea ?
Well I did a FR yesterday and BFN. Still no sign of AF so guessing it’s just a missed period, still showing symptoms that are a bit strange for me, but trying not to read too much into it. Fingers crossed for anyone in the TWW 🤞🏼 x

Thankyou so much everyone for the love 💖 got my fingers and toes crossed that all will be good and my OH is super excited too 🥰

In case anyone was wondering, this month I used the pregnacare pre conception tablets that @Dipdab recommended. Again, could be coincidence but 🤷‍♀️

My main symptoms over the past week or so have been nausea throughout the day, cramping on and off, headaches particularly with strong smells like coffee or air freshener, extreme tiredness and inability to sleep at night! I also have broken out on my face but that could be the mask lol. I have sore boobs that has only come on today.

Congratulations! So pleased for you 😃 xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Tww now I think for me! My cycles have got progressively longer. It will be 37 days with ovulation suggested as CD28. I was regularly 31 days. So annoying!! Stupid PCOS!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hiya girls,

Had a few days away from baby stuff and need to catch up on here.

I've been offered the vaccine. I have always wanted it but due to the recommendation to stop trying for the months after each vaccine I didn't have it. I've tried for too long and don't think it would be good for me mentally.

I think advice has now changed and we can carrying on trying so I would like to get it but I'm still nervous about this, the Internet has mixed advice.

Has anyone had it and carried on recently?

Congratulations! So happy for you!
ive got my scan next week to confirm everything is okay I am about 6 weeks now so fingers crossed I don’t have another miscarriage.
Just wanted to say I also took the pregnacare pre conception tablets before I fell pregnant, I only took about 5 but hey something happened so always worth a shot!
Still lurking on here daily keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you all ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.