TTC and feeling jealous of pregnant women ☹️

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
that sounds like anovulation to me.
if you don’t have periods can you ovulate? You defo need to use the OPK. They’re a ball ache but it will highlight if you’re ovulating or if there’s a problem.
It was the mirena coil. I had it removed only 3 weeks ago.

I felt exactly the same as this! Me and my partner was trying for a baby for a few months and the girl I worked with got pregnant within that time and I was just so jealous and every time I would see baby stuff everywhere I would just constantly stare at prams and baby clothes and just be riddled with jealousy! Of course I was happy for my workmate who got pregnant though! I then got pregnant myself after around six months of trying, it also turned me into a control freak though every month I would be doing 1 million pregnancy test and would be so gutted when it was negative

Reactions: 2
Yeah it’s not like an angry jealousy, more like a longing and “I want what she has too” lol feeling very wistful!

I bulk bought 50 pregnancy strip tests on amazon lol as I find the cost of tests in the shops is criminal! Mastering peeing into cup as a new skill.

Reactions: 4
I felt the same. We tried for just over 3 years for our first child.

It felt like everyone around me was pregnant at the time, although in reality, no more than usual. I just noticed it more.

Be kind to yourself, it's early days and stress won't help ♥

Reactions: 4
that sounds like anovulation to me.
if you don’t have periods can you ovulate? You defo need to use the OPK. They’re a ball ache but it will highlight if you’re ovulating or if there’s a problem.
I think she’s saying she was on the Mirena coil for 7 years therefore didn’t have periods, has now had the coil removed 3 weeks ago and is waiting for period to come back

OP - it may take a bit of time to get your regular cycle back now, just have regular sex in the meantime and hopefully you’ll get lucky and catch your ovulation

Reactions: 1
2 years TTC and I’m starting to lose hope. I’m getting lost in research about fertility problems and fertility treatments and I’ve convinced myself that nothing is going to work for me and I’m going to end up childless. It’s consuming my mind daily. I’ve got a doctors appointment booked and I’m also tracking my ovulation and taking a duck load of vitamins. I didn’t have the best start in life and all I want is a child to be able to give them the emotional support and love that I sometimes didn’t get. :(

2 years TTC and I’m starting to lose hope. I’m getting lost in research about fertility problems and fertility treatments and I’ve convinced myself that nothing is going to work for me and I’m going to end up childless. It’s consuming my mind daily. I’ve got a doctors appointment booked and I’m also tracking my ovulation and taking a duck load of vitamins. I didn’t have the best start in life and all I want is a child to be able to give them the emotional support and love that I sometimes didn’t get. :(
After two years you should definitely be getting referred on to secondary care.
Knowledge is power but at the same time you need perspective to sift through it - I spent 20 mins googling anovulatory cycles after Mirena coil at 7am today after someone questioned it on here lol still got m
*Hugs*
You should definitely be getting referred to fertility clinic after 2 years. Hopefully that will give you some answers and an idea of what will happen X

I’m about to start IVF. I would go as far as to say that I’ve felt actual hatred towards pregnant women I’ve known. This might sound extreme but I refuse to attend baby showers etc of family and friends because it’s too painful

Reactions: 5
The amount of times I spent work lunch breaks going for a walk and crying because my period had arrived. I remember I felt comfort in knowing other people were going through it so this thread is a lovely idea ❤

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I didn’t fall pregnant for years. I started taking Evening Primrose and Starflower and shockingly (even though you’re not supposed to take them if ttc) I fell pregnant within a month. I’m sure they kickstarted my body.

Has anyone struggled to ovulate after a miscarriage? I feel I know my body quite well, especially when I ovulate (I become extremely horny) but since miscarrying in October I really don’t think I’ve ovulated at all. My periods come and go and I don’t get cramps like I use too, just bleeding with no pain. Any advice would be well received

Sorry I know this doesn’t exactly help but I struggled for a few years, had a smear test and got pregnant straight after. I swear the nurse opened me up or something, I told her when I took my baby for his first jabs and now she thinks she’s his fairy godmother 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Has anyone struggled to ovulate after a miscarriage? I feel I know my body quite well, especially when I ovulate (I become extremely horny) but since miscarrying in October I really don’t think I’ve ovulated at all. My periods come and go and I don’t get cramps like I use too, just bleeding with no pain. Any advice would be well received
I also had a miscarriage in October. I was 13 weeks so had to go in to hosp and take tablets. I’ve found acupuncture very helpful for recovery and I’ve been pretty regular with my periods although found it a bit harder to know when I ovulate so def get the opk’s out!

Thank you for your advice, will definitely do that xx
I also had a miscarriage in October. I was 13 weeks so had to go in to hosp and take tablets. I’ve found acupuncture very helpful for recovery and I’ve been pretty regular with my periods although found it a bit harder to know when I ovulate so def get the opk’s out!

Ok so I should say outright that I’m not asking people to bash pregnant women, or for advice on how to stop feeling a certain way, or anything like that. I suppose I’d just like to know that others have felt this way as I know it’s not rational but it scares me a bit as I know it will get worse.

Husband and I are trying for a baby. Haven’t been trying very long, only a few weeks. Prior to this I had to wait some time before trying due to medical reasons, otherwise I would have started trying a year ago or more. So I’ve been deeply wanting a baby for a while now but couldn’t just chuck out the contraception and start trying.

I feel like everywhere I look I see pregnant women. On posters, patients I see at work, on Instagram, friends on Facebook, adverts probably targeted to me as a 30 year old woman. Don’t get me wrong, several of my friends have had babies in the past year and I’m absolutely thrilled for them. I’ve loved choosing gifts for them and visiting them for baby cuddles. I’m not bitter at all.

I’m just a bit nervous and worried that I already feel so strongly about wanting a baby and I’m not even through the first cycle of trying. It could take me months and months to get pregnant, who knows what will happen if it even does. My poor SIL is currently facing down starting fertility treatment after a year of trying with no luck. I know my lot could be a lot worse.

I suppose I just want some reassurance that other people feel like this, and it’s ok to be jealous and a bit fed up?
I can totally relate. I have suffered with THE WORST periods since 2006. Doctors would not take me seriously, I was convinced something was wrong but they kept panning me off. In the end I went privately for answers. Endometriosis! I paid for holistic endometriosis treatment (not the invasive burning). I had always wanted a baby. Longed for one. Friends all around me were having babies. I had myself convinced that all these years of unknown endometriosis suffering would have wrecked my system... I wouldn’t be able to conceive / my body couldn’t nurture a growing baby. I got so down for years prior to the discovery of Endo. Would cry in private etc.
Anyway, my endo treatment changed my life, I was so glad to feel relief from chronic period pain. I was advised not to wait tooo long to try for a baby. My husband and I got married a few months later (July), we didn’t immediately try as wanted a few months to just chill out after wedding stress. We decided that Christmas to try. Thank the good Lord we got pregnant first time. I would never have believed it was possible for me, I had my body written off, I feared the damage was done. I suffered severe sickness 24/7 (it was horrendous) until week 17ish, and the birth was utterly traumatic, but I got my longed-for baby (girl) in the end and I am so grateful. Please don’t give up! Also, Maya Massage (what I had done to holistically deal with my endometriosis) is great for getting the body ‘in the zone’ for conception.
don’t give up hope!! Hold fast! I wish you all the best and that you soon receive the news you’ve longed for

I came off the depo injection in October last year- I was on it for years. I haven’t had a period yet. I really want to be a mum, but I fear iv left it too late. I’m now 36 and when I came off it I was then told by my mum that she had early menopause at 40! Which I’m so upset about. The fact I didn’t know and the fact that I feel now I only have a few years to play with. Everywhere I go someone is pregnant or announcing they are pregnant. Iv just found out my cousin is pregnant and it’s been a massive blow; even though I’m happy for her. I just get this gut feeling it won’t ever happen for me.

I came off the depo injection in October last year- I was on it for years. I haven’t had a period yet. I really want to be a mum, but I fear iv left it too late. I’m now 36 and when I came off it I was then told by my mum that she had early menopause at 40! Which I’m so upset about. The fact I didn’t know and the fact that I feel now I only have a few years to play with. Everywhere I go someone is pregnant or announcing they are pregnant. Iv just found out my cousin is pregnant and it’s been a massive blow; even though I’m happy for her. I just get this gut feeling it won’t ever happen for me.

Got my period on Friday. Felt a bit disappointed but at least I know where I am now in terms of cycles. Have ordered some OPKs as want to know I am ovulating.

Reactions: 2
Got my period on Friday. Felt a bit disappointed but at least I know where I am now in terms of cycles. Have ordered some OPKs as want to know I am ovulating.
The positive, as you say, you can have an idea of cycles. I wish I did, I’d do anything to get a period and know where I stand. Thinking of you x