TTC #7 Even miracles take a little time…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve ‘graduated’ from this thread but like to pop back every so often. I had ‘abnormal’ liver and kidney function results the last time I had a full blood test - they repeated the test a month later and it was okay. I know it’s easier said than done, but please try not to worry, there’s a lot of things that can skew the results and they generally won’t investigate further unless you get multiple consecutive abnormal result.
Thank you! That has put my mind at rest. My brain was going into over drive! 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I tested today at 8dpo and have a very faint positive! I'm so surprised but also still have some light cramps and have a feeling that this one won't progress either, I cant shake that feeling!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Wow I thought there were loads of Xmas announcements, but the New Year’s Day ones are coming thick and fast!

Felt white blue about TTC this morning, my husband was trying to be positive and saying 2023 is our year but I can’t get my head in that space. I’m a natural pessimist! We will be booking our Drs appointment this month.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Wow I thought there were loads of Xmas announcements, but the New Year’s Day ones are coming thick and fast!

Felt white blue about TTC this morning, my husband was trying to be positive and saying 2023 is our year but I can’t get my head in that space. I’m a natural pessimist! We will be booking our Drs appointment this month.
I thought the same, so many on Xmas but it's almost like 90% of the population kept their announcement for today. I've only seen one home account acknowledge that their post may sting for some. This girl even offered her inbox if anyone wants to chat. Everyone else on the other hand is posting countless stories and photos.
I'm currently 8DPO (tested today & BFN) hoping this month is our month, but I'm also a pessimist so I'm not counting my chickens just yet 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 5
There's a girl I know in RL and she announced her pregnancy over Christmas and then her best friend announced hers yesterday and she then shared her best friends post and was gloating about how they are pregnant at the same time again etc and I just thought how insensitive it is but that she obviously doesn't realise. I feel bad for feeling upset at other people's happy news but this year has been really hard. I've seen at least 6 announcements from people I know and then another 4 or 5 from celebs/influencers.

I'm back to trying again this month and I'm trying to remain hopeful but I think I'll need to investigate with the doctors soon which gives me so much anxiety, probably why I've been holding off thinking maybe it will happen eventually but I'm losing more and more hope as the months/years go on.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve been advised not to TTC until after an MRI scan i’m having on my ovaries this month. After that we’re hoping to start trying again. Last year was tit but i’m half feeling positive half feeling negative 😵‍ it’s a rough road.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
There's a girl I know in RL and she announced her pregnancy over Christmas and then her best friend announced hers yesterday and she then shared her best friends post and was gloating about how they are pregnant at the same time again etc and I just thought how insensitive it is but that she obviously doesn't realise. I feel bad for feeling upset at other people's happy news but this year has been really hard. I've seen at least 6 announcements from people I know and then another 4 or 5 from celebs/influencers.
I’ve felt the same way. Trying not to get upset and feel down about it. An old friend that I still have on Facebook wrote a lengthy post about how much she has enjoyed being pregnant, and she is surprised how much she has enjoyed pregnancy… Some people just won’t ever grasp the silent pain others are in.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
not sure if I should still post in the spoiler tag. But just in case. How do you manage the ever increasing anxiety with a positive test? any little thing is making me think that it's about to go away, I've not had a lot of symptoms, maybe really light nausea, but nothing else. I thought I could manage it, but I feel like I'm on the edge of spiralling and of course I can't help but yest ever day now

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I did a clearblue digital test today and it failed - it was the only one I had in the house 🙄 I think the universe is trying to tell me to wait until my missed AF!
I tried opening it up to look at the test strip but couldn’t tell if it was an evap line or something faint. I’ll just have to wait a few days 🥲

I did a clearblue digital test today and it failed - it was the only one I had in the house 🙄 I think the universe is trying to tell me to wait until my missed AF!
I tried opening it up to look at the test strip but couldn’t tell if it was an evap line or something faint. I’ll just have to wait a few days 🥲
As if they aren't expensive enough 🙄 that happened me once or twice before I slapped it off the wall in annoyance. I had pee'd on the stick, never made that mistake again. Always dip it.

Reactions: 1
As if they aren't expensive enough 🙄 that happened me once or twice before I slapped it off the wall in annoyance. I had pee'd on the stick, never made that mistake again. Always dip it.
I dipped but don’t think I counted for long enough 🤦🏼‍♀️

I think I'm getting my hopes up again 🙈 DTD two days ago and today I'm having severe cramping, worse than I usually get for AF. I'm not sure if it's a good or a bad sign but I've never had it before. Maybe I'm just overthinking things.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you all this month 🤞

• Heart
I am 9DPO, CD23, another negative test, but last night I couldn't sleep with awful cramps. Was convinced that I was getting TOTM early. Nothing so far, hoping for the best 🤞🏻

• Heart
What I assume is AF arrived on Saturday morning, nowhere near as heavy as usual and now seems to be gone. 2 days bleeding instead of usual 4-5 days. Cue constant googling of "implantation bleeding". Deep down I know it's not, it's another cruel trick played by my body. I can't even bring myself to buy a test, even if just to prove myself right.

TTC is bleeping brutal.

Love to all of you x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
AF has arrived, a day early. Nevermind! To the Doctors we go

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
This might have been discussed before (so apologies if it has).

What happens when you go for tests with GP? Before Christmas I sent off a request to my GP and they asked me to come in for some blood tests…and have explained nothing further. I’m not sure what the normal process is following this? All of my friends have got pregnant fairly simply/quickly. Just keen to know others experiences ☺!

I am 9DPO, CD23, another negative test, but last night I couldn't sleep with awful cramps. Was convinced that I was getting TOTM early. Nothing so far, hoping for the best 🤞🏻
Another negative test today. Though I thought I saw a faint line at the very start while I waited and nearly had a heart attack. By the time I recovered the line had disappeared so I assume I imagined it 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 3
First time posting but have been lurking for a little while. BFN again for me again this morning. We have been trying for 3 months, which I know in the grand scheme of things isn't that long but goodness me the emotions are exhausting. I am guilty of never really realising how triggering pregnancy announcements can be for those TTC but this Christmas and NY has been so tough seeing announcement after announcement (close friends, influencers etc) It's hard not to spend every day thinking "why not me" or feeling like there is something wrong/you are doing something wrong. Each month feels like a year.

Waiting for AF to inevitably arrive this week (took a clear blue early test) to go back to square one and try again. Any tips/advice most welcome please. So far I am using ovulation strips, the flo app, raspberry leaf tea and taking folic acid. Shall I invest in some of the pressed? Thank you in advance and for this forum for making me feel more human everytime I read it ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve never commented on this thread before, I have had a little read here and there, I have pcos and my periods are really irregular so I don’t go through the motions monthly as a lot of you do so I find it a bit much reading here (nothing against any of you, it just feels like your situations are different to mine) but lately I’ve felt so alone.
We’ve been trying for over 3 years, I’m currently losing weight so we qualify for help but I’m starting to feel hopeless. This Christmas and new years I’ve found really hard with all the announcements and stuff. We got married last year too so constantly get the ‘it will be kids next’ etc etc and it’s really draining! My friend has recently had an abortion (nothing against this at all) I just can’t help but feel it’s unfair how someone who is actively trying not to get pregnant, gets pregnant and I don’t ☹ I know I shouldn’t think that but I do and I know the feeling will pass, I just needed to have a little rant somewhere and this is the only place I could think of.

Sorry for rambling on, I really hope this is our year and is for all of you too xxx

What happens when you go for tests with GP? Before Christmas I sent off a request to my GP and they asked me to come in for some blood tests…and have explained nothing further. I’m not sure what the normal process is following this? All of my friends have got pregnant fairly simply/quickly. Just keen to know others experiences ☺!

Hi when I went in they ran some blood tests and sent me for a scan and then put in a referral to a fertility doctor once the results were back x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.