TTC #7 Even miracles take a little time…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve never commented on this thread before, I have had a little read here and there, I have pcos and my periods are really irregular so I don’t go through the motions monthly as a lot of you do so I find it a bit much reading here (nothing against any of you, it just feels like your situations are different to mine) but lately I’ve felt so alone.
We’ve been trying for over 3 years, I’m currently losing weight so we qualify for help but I’m starting to feel hopeless. This Christmas and new years I’ve found really hard with all the announcements and stuff. We got married last year too so constantly get the ‘it will be kids next’ etc etc and it’s really draining! My friend has recently had an abortion (nothing against this at all) I just can’t help but feel it’s unfair how someone who is actively trying not to get pregnant, gets pregnant and I don’t ☹ I know I shouldn’t think that but I do and I know the feeling will pass, I just needed to have a little rant somewhere and this is the only place I could think of.

Sorry for rambling on, I really hope this is our year and is for all of you too xxx

Hi when I went in they ran some blood tests and sent me for a scan and then put in a referral to a fertility doctor once the results were back x
Sorry if too personal but how much weight have you been asked to lose? Enough to put you in the “healthy” BMI bracket?

I’ve never commented on this thread before, I have had a little read here and there, I have pcos and my periods are really irregular so I don’t go through the motions monthly as a lot of you do so I find it a bit much reading here (nothing against any of you, it just feels like your situations are different to mine) but lately I’ve felt so alone.
We’ve been trying for over 3 years, I’m currently losing weight so we qualify for help but I’m starting to feel hopeless. This Christmas and new years I’ve found really hard with all the announcements and stuff. We got married last year too so constantly get the ‘it will be kids next’ etc etc and it’s really draining! My friend has recently had an abortion (nothing against this at all) I just can’t help but feel it’s unfair how someone who is actively trying not to get pregnant, gets pregnant and I don’t ☹ I know I shouldn’t think that but I do and I know the feeling will pass, I just needed to have a little rant somewhere and this is the only place I could think of.

Sorry for rambling on, I really hope this is our year and is for all of you too xxx

Hi when I went in they ran some blood tests and sent me for a scan and then put in a referral to a fertility doctor once the results were back x
If you haven’t already heard of myo-inositol to help regulate periods it really helped me and might have been a coincidence but lost weight on it too

Has anyone experienced implantation cramps? I’m 4 DPO and have a weird cramping feeling - I’m trying not to get my hopes up and it’s probably just too much cheese and chocolate in my diet!

Sorry if too personal but how much weight have you been asked to lose? Enough to put you in the “healthy” BMI bracket?
It was 2 stone and I’ve lost 1 so far it’s just taking a while, I’m short so it’s annoying.. if I was 2 inches taller I would be classed as healthy!

If you haven’t already heard of myo-inositol to help regulate periods it really helped me and might have been a coincidence but lost weight on it too
I take supplements already, I have definitely noticed a difference taking them too, thank you though

Reactions: 2
This might have been discussed before (so apologies if it has).

What happens when you go for tests with GP? Before Christmas I sent off a request to my GP and they asked me to come in for some blood tests…and have explained nothing further. I’m not sure what the normal process is following this? All of my friends have got pregnant fairly simply/quickly. Just keen to know others experiences ☺!

I was referred by the GP to the doctors in September. Had my first appt in nov and we walked through my cycles, and the process to be tested. They look at 4 main areas - ovaries, womb, fallopian tubes and semen. My husband went and got tested separately, and I got tested on my ovaries, womb and uterus via ultrasound. At the same time, they did a bunch of blood tests to test my progesterone and prolactin. My next step is the tubes which is a HSG, scheduled for end of the month. The doctor told me to stop testing and overthinking that aspect. He said to do the deed on day 12, 14, 16 and 18 to ensure that you’re not overdoing it and also to ensure the quality of the sperm. That’s my experience so far. Let me know if you have more questions.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Spoke to my Dr today. He is going to refer us to the fertility clinic due to my age and the length of time we’ve been trying.
He told me to book in for an up to date smear (mines overdue 😬), get STI checks (they post a kit to you) and a day 21 blood test, so they’re all booked. These are to rule out any reason we haven’t conceived and to make sure I’m definitely ovulating.
My husband needs to ring up and book to provide a sperm sample.
I forgot to ask what the waiting time is for the referral but my husband can ask when he rings up.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Spoke to my Dr today. He is going to refer us to the fertility clinic due to my age and the length of time we’ve been trying.
He told me to book in for an up to date smear (mines overdue 😬), get STI checks (they post a kit to you) and a day 21 blood test, so they’re all booked. These are to rule out any reason we haven’t conceived and to make sure I’m definitely ovulating.
I forgot to ask what the waiting time is for the referral but my husband can ask when he rings up.
Good luck! I hope everything goes okay 🤞

I think I need to make an appointment but I keep putting it off thinking "maybe this month will be it." I think I'm scared of what they'll tell me. I don't think I'm ovulating when I'm supposed to be, I've been doing the tests and I only ever get a faint line.

• Heart
I think I need to phone my doc if this month doesn't happen. I'm scared, like I hate phoning places as it is so know I will be a rambling idiot 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think I need to phone my doc if this month doesn't happen. I'm scared, like I hate phoning places as it is so know I will be a rambling idiot 😔
He was really nice and understanding! It’s so hard sorting an appointment since Covid, but over the phone was ok in the end.

Good luck! I hope everything goes okay 🤞

I think I need to make an appointment but I keep putting it off thinking "maybe this month will be it." I think I'm scared of what they'll tell me. I don't think I'm ovulating when I'm supposed to be, I've been doing the tests and I only ever get a faint line.
If you’ve been trying for a while it’s worth asking for the blood tests for peace of mind. The LH strips only show your body is ready to ovulate but the blood test confirms if you did or not.

• Heart
He was really nice and understanding! It’s so hard sorting an appointment since Covid, but over the phone was ok in the end.
I've not long registered with a new doc as we moved house. My OH isnt registered with the same one (hasnt told his doc we moved!) and he has a child from previous relationship so I'm hoping they will still help me since his bits clearly work. Goes back to the taylor swift anti hero song "it's me, hi, I'm the problem it's me". Sucks. Hopefully you get your answers 🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I hate the ups and downs of ttc. Any little thing will give me hope and any little thing immediately plunges that hope. I had some spotting Monday and then a little yesterday too, I also had some cramps and the lines look the same on the test and now not getting darker so i think overall its just a waiting game for me. I've attached a picture of the tests, what do people think? Also part of me worries that the bleeding means another ectopic.

so much to worry about I cant concentrate on anything.

Attachments

My other half's results came back as abnormal :( at the doctor's request he's booking in for another sample to be sure. Gonna be a funny road from here I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I hate the ups and downs of ttc. Any little thing will give me hope and any little thing immediately plunges that hope. I had some spotting Monday and then a little yesterday too, I also had some cramps and the lines look the same on the test and now not getting darker so i think overall its just a waiting game for me. I've attached a picture of the tests, what do people think? Also part of me worries that the bleeding means another ectopic.

They look like they are getting slightly darker to me! Fingers crossed for you 🤞🏼

Reactions: 4

They definitely look like they are getting darker to me. Fingers crossed for you and try to keep your mind busy as much as poss (I know that is so much easier said than done). Sending all the positive vibes your way 🥰

Can the clearblue early tests give a false negative? I'm usually like clockwork and was due on today but no sign of AF. However I have also been on antibiotics for the last week (GP said they don't effect fertility) so could that have pushed back AF somehow? I would love to know how to stop overthinking every little thing!

Last edited:
I've been transferred from one doctors surgery to another because I now live out of catchment of my old one and I rang them today for the first time (for another issue unrelated to TTC) and the receptionist was so rude and horrible that I couldn't bring myself to ask about tests for fertility 🙈

• Heart
I've been transferred from one doctors surgery to another because I now live out of catchment of my old one and I rang them today for the first time (for another issue unrelated to TTC) and the receptionist was so rude and horrible that I couldn't bring myself to ask about tests for fertility 🙈
With my doctors you can request an appointment online there’s a box to fill in what you want to talk about. That’s what I’m going to do this month rather than speaking to the receptionist. Then the doctor calls you back so you can bypass them!

They look darker to me!

They look good to me too!

Maybe try another test like a clearblue digital I think they have to have stronger HCG?

I know when I had a positive test and bled/got painful cramps I rang the doctors who put me through to Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit and they were lovely with me and scanned me and also took bloods to confirm my HCG levels. I sadly was having a chemical but I have since graduated from this thread!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.