TTC #7 Even miracles take a little time…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yesterday I had some light spotting (AF due tomorrow) but this is unusual for me as I'm often late and it starts properly if that makes sense. I think I'm hoping it's implantation bleeding but don't want to get my hopes up too much 🙈 I did Google it and it says implantation bleeding can occur 6-10 days after DTD and it is within that window but maybe it's just is AF and my body is messing with me again 😭 sorry I think I'm overthinking everything lately and just getting so frustrated. Hope everyone is okay this month, it's such a difficult time for those TTC around Christmas. Sending you all lots of love ❤
Fingers crossed, that 2 week wait is a killer and I over analyse every little thing! Good luck!

Reactions: 1
Fingers crossed, that 2 week wait is a killer and I over analyse every little thing! Good luck!
Unfortunately AF arrived this evening 😞 at first I was super gutted but I'm trying not to dwell on it too much. Don't want it ruining Christmas.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Unfortunately AF arrived this evening 😞 at first I was super gutted but I'm trying not to dwell on it too much. Don't want it ruining Christmas.
Ahh sorry it wasn't your month. Definitely look forward to the next month and enjoy the Christmas season as much as possible. Never underestimate how draining it is though

Reactions: 2
I’m sorry to hear this! Mine arrived today too, 3 days earlier but at least I can let the disappointment fog blow over in time for Christmas!

• Heart
Go a solid smile on the clear blue this evening, much earlier than normal for me at cd14! Hopefully this means a longer luteal phase for me, still taking this as a casually trying month and not going to put too much pressure on it, trying to keep in the mind set of if it happens amazing, if not that's ok.

Struggling with all the Christmas pregnancy announcements today...😞 Hope you are all doing okay during this time. I'm finding this year so tough...

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thinking of you all today. Some very triggering social media posts today, think I’m going to log off insta for a few days!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I feel really sad tonight. for the last few months I’ve been getting my hopes up a bit, thinking how lovely it would be to tell my parents they were going to be grandparents on Christmas Day, it’s been in the back of my mind a lot. Thinking I could give them a wonderful gift to announce etc. But it just hasn’t happened and I feel silly for imagining all these moments in my head, even down to thinking how I would tell them etc. it doesn’t help that I’ve seen a few pregnancy announcements online today, wishing it was me, which I know is selfish and I should just be happy for people but you can’t help feeling a bit jealous. I don’t really know what the point of this post is really I just needed to get it out somewhere 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I feel sad tonight. I had 2 miscarriages this year and i should have been pregnant this Christmas. 2 years of trying. it doesn’t get any easier .

• Heart
I feel really sad tonight. for the last few months I’ve been getting my hopes up a bit, thinking how lovely it would be to tell my parents they were going to be grandparents on Christmas Day, it’s been in the back of my mind a lot. Thinking I could give them a wonderful gift to announce etc. But it just hasn’t happened and I feel silly for imagining all these moments in my head, even down to thinking how I would tell them etc. it doesn’t help that I’ve seen a few pregnancy announcements online today, wishing it was me, which I know is selfish and I should just be happy for people but you can’t help feeling a bit jealous. I don’t really know what the point of this post is really I just needed to get it out somewhere 😔
I'm with you on this. Last year I thought I was pregnant just before my husband's birthday. My period was 10 days late so I got so excited and tested to find it was negative then came on the next day. This Christmas I was again hoping for a positive and I was planning on testing then putting the positive test in a box and wrapping it for my husband to open on Christmas day. Absolutely gutted that I couldn't do that for him. Then everyone announcing their happy news yesterday and today just made me feel like a failure. I know I'm not, I'm just getting in my own head. One day we will be able to surprise our families and it will be very special when that day comes. Don't lose hope ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Lots of announcements this year! I’ve seen 4 that are due in June, and it makes me so sad that we should of been having our baby in June and announcing to family this Christmas.
Finger crossed for everyone for 2023 x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I actually don’t understand anymore. I meditate, eat really well, take folate, hydrated all the time. Take OPK test, do the sex and NOTHING. Today is 27th and I was really hoping this was our time. My boyfriend sounds over it becuase in the car he just made me feel like a failure. “Maybe because your mind isn’t to it that’s why”. Like ofc my mind is to it, but I keep hearing if you don’t think about it it’ll happen. Keeps telling me my nephew and nieces are more important than us trying…ahhh , we are in such a bad place :(

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I actually don’t understand anymore. I meditate, eat really well, take folate, hydrated all the time. Take OPK test, do the sex and NOTHING. Today is 27th and I was really hoping this was our time. My boyfriend sounds over it becuase in the car he just made me feel like a failure. “Maybe because your mind isn’t to it that’s why”. Like ofc my mind is to it, but I keep hearing if you don’t think about it it’ll happen. Keeps telling me my nephew and nieces are more important than us trying…ahhh , we are in such a bad place :(
Please don't feel like a failure!
It makes me so angry that the woman is always so easily seen as "the issue". Men can have fertility issues too, does he realise that?
TTC isn't a walk in the park for everyone and "not thinking about it" is nearly impossible when you are TTC. It's such bad "advice". (If it's any consolation: I eventually graduated from this thread and was very much "thinking about it" when it finally happened)

Ugh, I'm so sorry he makes you feel this way, he should be way more supportive. Sounds like you're doing everything you can. How long have you been trying? Have you had an appointment with a gynaecologist yet? (And he could also get himself checked)

Edit: just wanted to add it's also perfectly possible for TTC to take a while for healthy couples (so no diagnosable reason for fertility issues). Nature can be a witch and she doesn't need a reason to be one.
Take care ❤

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Please don't feel like a failure!
It makes me so angry that the woman is always so easily seen as "the issue". Men can have fertility issues too, does he realise that?
TTC isn't a walk in the park for everyone and "not thinking about it" is nearly impossible when you are TTC. It's such bad "advice". (If it's any consolation: I eventually graduated from this thread and was very much "thinking about it" when it finally happened)

Ugh, I'm so sorry he makes you feel this way. Sounds like you're doing everything you can. How long have you been trying? Have you had an appointment with a gynaecologist yet? (And he could also get himself checked)
We’ve been trying for about 6 months. We were off 3 months as my period never arrived. I’m thinking to book an appointment with someone to see how my insides are. Maybe something is blocked. However my periods come like clock work now so I’m unsure why I’m not getting pregnant when we try. I had 3 glasses of wine in 3 days (so one a day) & he wasn’t very happy about that either. I’m thinking to get him checked however he may come out normal and that maybe it’s just my stress head causing it

We’ve been trying for about 6 months. We were off 3 months as my period never arrived. I’m thinking to book an appointment with someone to see how my insides are. Maybe something is blocked. However my periods come like clock work now so I’m unsure why I’m not getting pregnant when we try. I had 3 glasses of wine in 3 days (so one a day) & he wasn’t very happy about that either. I’m thinking to get him checked however he may come out normal and that maybe it’s just my stress head causing it
I know you probably don't want to hear it, but trying for 6 months isn't abnormal.
I think it takes a healthy couple generally between 6 to 12 months to conceive.
But it can never hurt to get everything checked out, just to be sure.
Also don't worry about the wine, that really isn't an issue. If you were drinking three bottles a day, that would be a different story, but 3 glasses over 3 days won't make the difference.
I'm sorry he's stressing you out this much.

I had my blood results back and all normal but they want to repeat liver function test in a month.. has anyone had this before? Im worried now 😣 I thought doing bloods would put my mind at rest, argh!

I’ve also just started spotting!

I've had some spotting today at 5dpo, not had that before but also I've never had implantation bleeding before so I don't think it's that!

I had my blood results back and all normal but they want to repeat liver function test in a month.. has anyone had this before? Im worried now 😣 I thought doing bloods would put my mind at rest, argh!

I’ve also just started spotting!
I’ve ‘graduated’ from this thread but like to pop back every so often. I had ‘abnormal’ liver and kidney function results the last time I had a full blood test - they repeated the test a month later and it was okay. I know it’s easier said than done, but please try not to worry, there’s a lot of things that can skew the results and they generally won’t investigate further unless you get multiple consecutive abnormal result.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.