TTC #7 Even miracles take a little time…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else considering coming off/or has come off social media? I think one more Baby announcement, gender reveal, birth story will push me over the edge.
it’s making me feel bad seeing them and just feeling sad and (being honest) bitter.
Just use the snooze for 30 days option- I used to ‘snooze’ everyone with babies/could get pregnant etc so that I could avoid their news but keep up to date with the rest of family/friends.

Reactions: 2
Feel so deflated today… had irregular periods for around 7/8 months now (long cycles of 35 days+) and was recently diagnosed with PCOS and adenomyosis. My periods have always been heavy and regular and suddenly they’ve become extremely long in cycle length and light. I’m worried I’m not ovulating and I’ll eventually lose them altogether. Not TTC for another year but I’m terrified I won’t be able to😢 just another thing to add to my already difficult life💔
Sometimes suddenly changing irregular (for you) periods can be a sign of other health problems. I would try and timeline when these changes occurred and get yourself to the GP for blood tests to see if anything else is amiss. I was ttc but factors made us decide to wait until next summer to try again. I’ve had prolonged health issues and problems with my cycle too. I’m just trying to take it that I will spend the next year getting in better health and I recommend you try to do the same. That mindset helps me to frame it in a bit more of a positive light which obviously doesn’t always make things better but it can some days.

Reactions: 5
I've muted a lot of people, thanks ladies, I think it will help.

I completely get how deflated you feel when people tell you not to try and it will happen etc. We've only been officially TTC for a few months but I've not been on birth control for the last few years. Although we were 'mindful', we weren't overly careful so it's hard not to get caught up in it all even when it's only a few cycles in with actual tracking.
Work schedules and busy lives have meant we have completely missed our window for this month and I've been gutted about it. My husband has been absolutely shattered so I dont expect him to be up for DTD but I did have myself a little cry. The release helps sometimes I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Currently 11DPO and feel terrible, really crampy and lightheaded - too soon for AF to arrive but feels like the first day of my period.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Not sure when I exactly ovulated but my app says 7DPO ( I usually have the discharge but none this month) only had sex Saturday and Sunday but since then I’ve had sore boobs for a few days. Small cramps since yesterday. Last night I felt quite sick after my night time cup of tea lol.hope this is something

ETA also been having weird dreams. I remember this happening with my 1st baby but further on

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Anyone else considering coming off/or has come off social media? I think one more Baby announcement, gender reveal, birth story will push me over the edge.
it’s making me feel bad seeing them and just feeling sad and (being honest) bitter.
Definitely take time away from social. It’s good for the soul. I have two accounts on Instagram (Facebook is such a non starter for me lol) and on one I have friends and family and the other is stuff I like, like true crime, photography, Christmas, food, travel etc, and I just stick to that one and my feed is full of lots of lovely things I like.

Sorry, I’ve had crazy days at work recently. I hope you’re all doing well.
I’ve had two fertile periods this month because my cycles are short, so husband has been very perplexed by the amount of sex 😆 my LH levels soared today - higher than normal- so I’m hoping that’s a good sign. We’re getting to a point now where a bump would be fun size for Christmas photos and not just too much turkey- looking. Fingers crossed there’s some sticky eggs up in there.

Only managed to DTD once this month as I’m recovering from Covid and feel like tit most of the time 🙃
Discussed sperm analysis with my husband and although to begin with he was very open to testing etc he’s now a bit reluctant and saying I’m being impatient. I do sometimes think I am, but then I also think this is our 9th cycle and I’m almost 35. Hopefully can talk him round to it in the next few weeks. Can get this done privately for around £100 and have results in the same week rather than waiting for an NHS appointment. I just think it could rule a lot of things out and means I don’t have to immediately undergo invasive tests.

• Heart
Only managed to DTD once this month as I’m recovering from Covid and feel like tit most of the time 🙃
Discussed sperm analysis with my husband and although to begin with he was very open to testing etc he’s now a bit reluctant and saying I’m being impatient. I do sometimes think I am, but then I also think this is our 9th cycle and I’m almost 35. Hopefully can talk him round to it in the next few weeks. Can get this done privately for around £100 and have results in the same week rather than waiting for an NHS appointment. I just think it could rule a lot of things out and means I don’t have to immediately undergo invasive tests.

Very similar situation to us last year and I was pleased we spent the money to rule things out

Reactions: 1
Not sure how to add spoiler

TW: Miscarriages

Hi all,

Is anyone here TTC after recurrent miscarriages? Ive had three miscarriages since December 2021, the last one being a missed miscarriage discovered at my 12 week scan. I had medical management and have tested negative since and now just awaiting my first period. My doctor has agreed to refer me to the recurrent miscarriage clinic but hes doing some blood tests next week in the meantime. Our baby also got sent off for testing and we are awaiting to hear back. I know I should wait till results come back from the tests but all I can think of is trying again, if my tests come back normal then what? I mean I’m lucky to already have a toddler so know I can carry to term I just don’t understand it all. I dont know what I’m asking really 😥 For ladies who have gone through the same did you wait to try again once you had tests? Im just aware it could take months and i just feel like I cant keep waiting, I wish I could forget about it all for a few months but it’s constantly on my mind 😥

Sending baby dust to you all ✨

• Heart

Hi all,

Is anyone here TTC after recurrent miscarriages? Ive had three miscarriages since December 2021, the last one being a missed miscarriage discovered at my 12 week scan. I had medical management and have tested negative since and now just awaiting my first period. My doctor has agreed to refer me to the recurrent miscarriage clinic but hes doing some blood tests next week in the meantime. Our baby also got sent off for testing and we are awaiting to hear back. I know I should wait till results come back from the tests but all I can think of is trying again, if my tests come back normal then what? I mean I’m lucky to already have a toddler so know I can carry to term I just don’t understand it all. I dont know what I’m asking really 😥 For ladies who have gone through the same did you wait to try again once you had tests? Im just aware it could take months and i just feel like I cant keep waiting, I wish I could forget about it all for a few months but it’s constantly on my mind 😥

So sorry you’re going through this 🥺🤍 you must feel like you’re in limbo. I haven’t been through this myself, I know there is a thread here which you might find helpful? 🤍

• Heart

Hi all,

I’m so so sorry you’re going through this 💕 I also had 3 miscarriages….what we did varied with each one. My first was an early loss, started trying straight away and fell again quick. My second loss was similar to yours, missed miscarriage diagnosed at 10 weeks and a procedure to remove. This was in Oct, my period didn’t return until Dec, started trying again in Jan. Fell again in April, but another early loss. At this point we went to a private consultant, he said there was no physical reason to wait…we were going to wait for the tests, but he said we could rule a lot out by circumstance; it’s clearly not my husband’s sperm, I’d had over a dozen scans in a year and they didn’t see anything physical with me, we were going to have the blood tests but have to be not pregnant for 8 weeks for those and I fell again in June. I think you do what you feel is best for you, whatever you can cope with physically and mentally. Hope this helped, it was just my experience. Thinking of you and sending so much love ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
9 DPO of another cycle today… BFN this morning… I know it’s still early but you just know.
I told myself I wasn’t going to stress and be disappointed this month as we have just booked our honeymoon abroad for the end of the month and I’m looking forward to the all inclusive cocktail bar but we still did all the right things, pretty much bang on the right days too and still nothing 😞 even more disappointed then I was expecting to be..

• Heart
Bar the covid this could have been me writing this! Same age and same cycle and my husband loves to say I’m being impatient. He really don’t get it sometimes and he has a kid already so he’s not as ‘desperate’ as me. It took a lot for me to get him to do a SA as well, we fell out over it many times. In the end I got Exseed which is meant to be the best at home one. He said that was DISGUSTING, and in the end he had it done at our fertility clinic in London, I think it was around £150. Hope you feel better soon x

• Heart
Hey sending you lots of love 💕 in terms of sperm testing my hubby had his done on the nhs it’s by far the easiest test we have had done. In terms of timescales he rang the gp they referred him to hospital we got a letter the same week asking him to call and book in he did the week after and got his results the week after that. So it was around 3 weeks from ringing the GP to getting the results. In comparison my fertility tests have been slow some scans I’ve had to wait 2-3 months for

• Heart
Did a FRER today, I should be around 10-12dpo. BFN. I’m absolutely gutted. Had a CP last month but only tested as we are trying and didn’t feel pregnant when I took the test. This time I have such sensitive boobs and just feel pregnant. Feels so cruel to think you have symptoms and then a BFN. Daren’t tell my husband I’ve tested as well agreed to wait to see if AF arrived but it’s our wedding anniversary next week and I was dying to give him the test as a gift.

• Heart
Does anyone check their cervix during the tww? Mine changes from day to night so no idea if it’s a good indication of pregnancy or not 😂

Does anyone check their cervix during the tww? Mine changes from day to night so no idea if it’s a good indication of pregnancy or not 😂
I think it’s only a reliable in dictation if you know where it is normally and you notice the difference? But I’ve also read it’s not a reliable indicator at all 🤷🏻‍♀️

*indication

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.