TTC #7 Even miracles take a little time…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
CD 28 today. expecting AF any minute!
My husband has finally booked in for his sperm analysis. The next available appointment is in 3 weeks, luckily a week after I will ovulate so it won’t interrupt us trying in feb.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Period is two days late, low bbt and negative tests. What is going on this month?! Flow is never late, so it’s a little unnerving.

Period is two days late, low bbt and negative tests. What is going on this month?! Flow is never late, so it’s a little unnerving.
Did you ovulate later in your cycle at all this month?
That being said I am also waiting for AF but have had a tiny bit of spotting and cramps so I know she’s about to arrive 🫠

AF is getting later each month for me, and lighter. Mine used to last 7-9 days and was really heavy 'til the end, now it's 5 days and super light. I'm actually worried I may be going in to peri menopause because my mum was early (but not this early!) Can't wait until the end of the month when I can finally book an appointment to see what's going on.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
AF is getting later each month for me, and lighter. Mine used to last 7-9 days and was really heavy 'til the end, now it's 5 days and super light. I'm actually worried I may be going in to peri menopause because my mum was early (but not this early!) Can't wait until the end of the month when I can finally book an appointment to see what's going on.
Oh I’m 35, so that’s another worry isn’t it 😭
Are there any tests to determine how long we’ve got left? Ovarian reserve maybe?

Oh I’m 35, so that’s another worry isn’t it 😭
Are there any tests to determine how long we’ve got left? Ovarian reserve maybe?
I'm 35 too 🙈 I'm not sure. I'm definitely going to ask my doctor about it though and see what's going on. All my life I've had long, heavy periods so even though it's nice not to have to deal with that the last few months I do worry that it's not the norm for me.

I'm 35 too 🙈 I'm not sure. I'm definitely going to ask my doctor about it though and see what's going on. All my life I've had long, heavy periods so even though it's nice not to have to deal with that the last few months I do worry that it's not the norm for me.
This has been happening to me the last year. I’m 34 - 35 soon. I’ve noticed in the last year my periods have been very light. Only last a few days and for a few of those days it’s very very light. I’ve been worrying about the same thing. My mum went through early menopause in her early 40s but I’m not even 35!! Starting to worry that I’ve left it far too late and it’s going to be my own fault

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Flow turned up 🙄 I guess we start again in 3-4 days. I’m also 35! Has it become the new 30? 😄
---

Is it worth buying pdg tests?

This has been happening to me the last year. I’m 34 - 35 soon. I’ve noticed in the last year my periods have been very light. Only last a few days and for a few of those days it’s very very light. I’ve been worrying about the same thing. My mum went through early menopause in her early 40s but I’m not even 35!! Starting to worry that I’ve left it far too late and it’s going to be my own fault
Since I was 35 mine started to get light and shorter cycles than I was used to as well but I did have pretty heavy before. Oddly they’ve got more painful but lighter. I’ve brought it up with my dr as well as the acupuncturist and both just basically said periods do change as we get older.

Definitely not your fault, lovely. Never blame yourself. When I was in my twenties I wasn't sure if I wanted children so to have had them for the sake of it would have been reckless. My mum always used to tell me you'll never be ready but I actually do feel ready now. Sod's law and all that. Hope you're okay ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm 10dpo and have been feeling a dullness in my pelvic area which I assume is just AF getting ready to appear.

Last month I could have sworn I saw a line on a pregnancy test, the following day I got AF so it was obviously just my eyes playing tricks. This morning I am more certain that there is a line... but nothing is showing when the camera settings are changed. Sorry I can't remember the technical term for it so hopefully someone knows what i mean. Basically when the camera is darkened and the line goes that blue way instead of red.

Has anyone else had this? I'm so sure there is a faint line and my hopes are already up so high but if the camera doesn't pick it up then it probably can't be there? Can it?

AF is back with a vengeance today 😭 I had hoped the previous bleeding I'd had was implantation but sadly not 😢 I had stopped bleeding for two days so my cycle is fucked.

• Heart
  • Sad
Hi everyone, I'm new here. My husband is home from deployment at the beginning of March and we are going to begin TTC our second baby.
We currently have a 4 year old daughter born in 2018 (5 in August). I had a horrific pregnancy (don't mean to scare anyone) and had Hypermesis Gravidarum pretty much all the way through which put me off having another baby for years. It's only in the last 6 months since we got married that I have been broody and we have decided to try for baby no.2 as we would like a sibling for our daughter.

I'm completely new to tracking cycles, using ovulation tests etc so will be reading here for advice. When we conceived our daughter we didn't track or use any tests/vitamins/lube, just had sex a couple of times a week and I was pregnant within 5 months of coming off the pill. My periods went straight back to normal after coming off the pill last time but this time around I've been off the pill since October and my periods/cycles are very irregular so I think tracking will help us. I am also 32 years old now as opposed to 27 when I conceived my daughter, and my husband is only home sporadically due to being in the military so it's harder to catch the days when I'm ovulating.

I'm very scared at the thought of getting Hyperemesis again (highly likely) if I do get pregnant but would really love another baby.

Good luck everyone and thanks in advance for any advice/support x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
AF is on her way again. So tonight I’m having a wine 😂 ordered some easy@home ovulation strips. Previously used the clear blue ovulation tests but they’re pricey for the length of time we’ve been TTC.
I’ve had a break from OT and just tried to track on Flo and estimate ovulation window based on this and bodily symptoms.

Wondering how many people use the tried and tested “tips” and find them good… for example stopping drinking alcohol and caffeine etc? I know some only drinking during AF window when you know you’re out.. but then I envision not being able to drink for 3 weeks and it’s painful 😂 I’m not an alcoholic but a drink at the pub at the weekend or with a meal out is always nice!

Reactions: 1
AF is on her way again. So tonight I’m having a wine 😂 ordered some easy@home ovulation strips. Previously used the clear blue ovulation tests but they’re pricey for the length of time we’ve been TTC.
I’ve had a break from OT and just tried to track on Flo and estimate ovulation window based on this and bodily symptoms.

Wondering how many people use the tried and tested “tips” and find them good… for example stopping drinking alcohol and caffeine etc? I know some only drinking during AF window when you know you’re out.. but then I envision not being able to drink for 3 weeks and it’s painful 😂 I’m not an alcoholic but a drink at the pub at the weekend or with a meal out is always nice!
Same same. I love a glass of red in the evenings or a pint at the pub. There’s science behind it but at the same time, living so strictly just isn’t in my nature.

Reactions: 3
Same same. I love a glass of red in the evenings or a pint at the pub. There’s science behind it but at the same time, living so strictly just isn’t in my nature.
Same! Plus I’m well aware of people who are addicts both alcohol and drugs who get pregnant and I just resent it 😂

Same! Plus I’m well aware of people who are addicts both alcohol and drugs who get pregnant and I just resent it 😂
Yep, the pub garden in town is littered with women smoking and drinking with their pregnancy stomachs hanging out. Roll of the dice unfortunately.

Putting under a spoiler because I don't want to upset anyone or be insensitive with my questions and it's a bit tmi sorry 🙈 I just don't know who else to ask.

I know this may sound an odd question but I've never been pregnant before or had a BFP so I just wanted to ask how you know you've had a chemical? I was 7 days late for my period, bled very lightly/spotting for 3-4 days which is very unusual for me as I'm usually very heavy and long periods then I stopped bleeding for 2-3 days and now I'm bleeding again heavyish but it's super thin blood if that makes sense and maroon/dark. Sorry if tmi. But I was just wondering could this have been a chemical? I didn't test positive though.

Putting under a spoiler because I don't want to upset anyone or be insensitive with my questions and it's a bit tmi sorry 🙈 I just don't know who else to ask.

I know this may sound an odd question but I've never been pregnant before or had a BFP so I just wanted to ask how you know you've had a chemical? I was 7 days late for my period, bled very lightly/spotting for 3-4 days which is very unusual for me as I'm usually very heavy and long periods then I stopped bleeding for 2-3 days and now I'm bleeding again heavyish but it's super thin blood if that makes sense and maroon/dark. Sorry if tmi. But I was just wondering could this have been a chemical? I didn't test positive though.
my three were very heavy but as I understand it’s different for everyone. Did you test? Mine were positive into my “periods” for a day and then went negative. My periods are normally three days long.

my three were very heavy but as I understand it’s different for everyone. Did you test? Mine were positive into my “periods” for a day and then went negative. My periods are normally three days long.
I tested in the seven days that I was late for AF and it was negative but then because I bled, albeit light, I didn't bother testing and now I'm bleeding quite heavy so not sure if there's any point in testing really. Thank you for answering ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.