TTC #7 Even miracles take a little time…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At 37 if you’ve been trying for a year you should be eligible for help if you’re NHS. A simple test to see if you’re ovulating as expected was given to me (might have been 36) without much explanation or insistence.

I got pregnant naturally at 38. I expected to be the oldest in the room when waiting for scans etc but was in the majority, probably 70% were my age or their abouts from my estimation of their ages. The midwife wasn’t concerned at all. Even as an ex smoker.
Thank you for this, please do you know what the test was called? And was that just done by your GP or were you referred? I’ve been referred to a gynaecologist but not even sure if that’s the best course of action? Thank you again *edited as missed a word out

I’ve done another test this morning but it’s done exactly the same thing. A faint line after the 10 minute mark, and it looks even fainter than the other one so I’m going to say they’re both evaps. 9dpo today, period due on Tuesday. View attachment 1917639
9dpo is very early still! This picture was mine with these tests at 10dpo I was pulling something not quite there myself then I did a clearblue digital at 12DPO and it was positive! I’m 25 weeks today 🥰 sending you lots of luck! Hopefully this is it for you!

C146E49A-2548-419D-85BD-E52662076709.jpeg

Reactions: 2
Thank you for this, please do you know what the test was called? And was that just done by your GP or were you referred? I’ve been referred to a gynaecologist but not even sure if that’s the best course of action? Thank you again *edited as missed a word out
It was a blood test at the GP surgery, it had to be a certain amount of days since last period if I recall correctly. This is what they tested re fertility, there was a full blood count and urea and electrolytes test too but I can’t remember now if that was part of it or if I had another problem when I mentioned it. I don’t know what these numbers mean, I didn’t have the NHS app at the time so didn’t see the numbers, just spoke to them and they said all tests were good, I’d ovulated and no further action
I got pregnant just over a year later (after 4 years not preventing/trying with a previous partner, we’d split up by the time I got the tests). I also got pregnant naturally at 40 but it didn’t stick, blighted ovum. No mention of age
C853E81B-887A-4D09-A82F-5D96D0717984.jpeg

*Edited what I wrote for clarity

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
It was a blood test at the GP surgery, it had to be a certain amount of days since last period if I recall correctly. This is what they tested re fertility, there was a full blood count and urea and electrolytes test too but I can’t remember now if that was part of it or if I had another problem when I mentioned it. I don’t know what these numbers mean, but they said I’d ovulated and they were all fine. (I didn’t have the NHS app at the time, didn’t see the numbers, just spoke to reception who said all tests were good and no further action
I got pregnant just over a year later (after 4 years not preventing/trying with a previous partner, we’d split up by the time I got the tests). I also got pregnant naturally at 40 but it didn’t stick, blighted ovum
View attachment 1917967
Thank you for this, really appreciate it.

• Heart
Hi everyone. I hope it’s ok to post - I’m new to this thread, don’t tend to post about ‘serious’ or private stuff. But I’ve been reading these threads and wondered if anyone has experienced the same. I’ve had regular periods for as long as I can remember (since at least age 18), always 4 days on and 28 days between cycles. Never had any cause for concern apart from acne which I got badly age 20 approx. Never thought much of it, until in 2019 I was diagnosed with PCOS after a routine scan of my ovaries. Didn’t really bother me then tbh, as I pretty much decided I wouldn’t be having kids (no partner etc). Anyway, as tends to happen, life took a turn and I got with my partner a year ago and we decided to try for a baby. I had my copper coil removed in July - I’ve never used hormonal contraception - and we got to it. No signs of conception, periods pretty much normal apart from lighter than I was used to after having the coil removed. However, my December period was late by 4 days. I wasn’t pregnant, and eventually came on (19th Dec). As it stands now, my last proper period (the late one aforementioned) was the last ‘proper’ one I’ve had to date. On 7th and 8th Jan I had some rust coloured watery bleeding, not like my usual period and totally out of sync for my usual cycle. I haven’t had any bleeding since. I’ve been to the Drs and done multiple pregnancy tests, all negative. Had bloods taken this week and that was negative too. So I’m definitely not pregnant. I really do apologise for this long post, but I wondered if anyone has any ideas? I’m 37 now and panicking that this is the start of some kind of big issue for me - especially with my cycle always being so regular and now just stopping. I also started taking Inositol on 22nd Dec which I thought would help my chances of conceiving, and I wonder if that’s anything to do with it, maybe not agreeing with me? Thank you all for reading.
Hey I have PCOS and was similar came off the coil didn’t have a cycle for 3 months then had a few months of regular cycles then they stopped didn’t have one for other 100 plus days then were really irregular 40 or 50 day cycles. I went to the doctor after 6 months and they referred me for tests came back with pcos we were waiting to start clomid for fertility treatment. In the meantime I started taking myoinositol and conceived the second cycle of taking it even though my cycle the month before was 50 odd days it could have been a complete coincidence but I would go and see the doctor and they can start some tests and see what they can do to help

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hey I have PCOS and was similar came off the coil didn’t have a cycle for 3 months then had a few months of regular cycles then they stopped didn’t have one for other 100 plus days then were really irregular 40 or 50 day cycles. I went to the doctor after 6 months and they referred me for tests came back with pcos we were waiting to start clomid for fertility treatment. In the meantime I started taking myoinositol and conceived the second cycle of taking it even though my cycle the month before was 50 odd days it could have been a complete coincidence but I would go and see the doctor and they can start some tests and see what they can do to help
Thank you for sharing. I don’t know if I should keep up with the Inositol or if it has made my cycle go crazy

Hi everyone. I hope it’s ok to post - I’m new to this thread, don’t tend to post about ‘serious’ or private stuff. But I’ve been reading these threads and wondered if anyone has experienced the same. I’ve had regular periods for as long as I can remember (since at least age 18), always 4 days on and 28 days between cycles. Never had any cause for concern apart from acne which I got badly age 20 approx. Never thought much of it, until in 2019 I was diagnosed with PCOS after a routine scan of my ovaries. Didn’t really bother me then tbh, as I pretty much decided I wouldn’t be having kids (no partner etc). Anyway, as tends to happen, life took a turn and I got with my partner a year ago and we decided to try for a baby. I had my copper coil removed in July - I’ve never used hormonal contraception - and we got to it. No signs of conception, periods pretty much normal apart from lighter than I was used to after having the coil removed. However, my December period was late by 4 days. I wasn’t pregnant, and eventually came on (19th Dec). As it stands now, my last proper period (the late one aforementioned) was the last ‘proper’ one I’ve had to date. On 7th and 8th Jan I had some rust coloured watery bleeding, not like my usual period and totally out of sync for my usual cycle. I haven’t had any bleeding since. I’ve been to the Drs and done multiple pregnancy tests, all negative. Had bloods taken this week and that was negative too. So I’m definitely not pregnant. I really do apologise for this long post, but I wondered if anyone has any ideas? I’m 37 now and panicking that this is the start of some kind of big issue for me - especially with my cycle always being so regular and now just stopping. I also started taking Inositol on 22nd Dec which I thought would help my chances of conceiving, and I wonder if that’s anything to do with it, maybe not agreeing with me? Thank you all for reading.
I'm 35 and going through similar. Was on the pill until 5 years ago, haven't used anything for those 5 years to prevent but didn't start trying until just over a year ago. My periods were always like clockwork even after coming off the pill, only difference was they became longer (7-9 days) but they've always been heavy. In the last year I've had three or four really late periods ranging from 7-10 days late with no BFP. Last month my period only lasted 5 days which is super short for me. Late again by a week this month, came on yesterday and it's super light which is again odd for me. So basically I have no advice,sorry! 🙈 but I am going through something similar. I have no idea if I have PCOS as I've never tested as like you, in my twenties I wasn't even sure I wanted children. I will hopefully be going for tests next month so will see what's happening then. Hope you find some answers 🤞

I also have PCOS.
After I stopped taking the pill my first couple of periods were like clockwork, but then suddenly they'd become later and later, until they just stopped.
I went to my GP, who referred me to the gynaecologist, who then diagnosed me with PCOS. Turned out I didn't ovulate, hence no periods.
I had to take some medication to get a period again and the started with Clomid (later Letrozole, as Clomid was temporarily unavailable) to ovulate. Took me about six more cycles, but then it did happen.
So going to see a gynaecologist is definitely worth it from my experience.

Just to throw out there @onservantannie my periods are usually clockwork but when I had covid it threw off my hormones for a few months after. At first I didn’t notice as it wasn’t so bad but it got worse before it eased off. It could be your PCOS or some other hormonal issue

I went for my day 21 blood test today to check ovulation. I’ve previously had bloods and an ultrasound to do a general check and all came back normal. Attended a gynaecologist fertility appt at the start of the month and they’re referring me for the scan of my fallopian tubes.

Hi everyone, I’ve just took a test, I’m not sure if I can see a faint line or if I jsuy have line eyes! We’ve been ttc for over 2 years and I also have PCOS, I’m currently on the LOCI trial🤞🏼
How many DPO are you? I can’t see anything in this pic but try adjusting the contrast, might make it easier to see? 🤞🏼

I need to order some more ttc vitamins etc - what’s everyone using these days? Just folic acid?
I’ve taken so many different vitamins over the years ttc 😅 just be careful as what works for someone else might not work for you… I tried things like vitex, coq10 but it just ended up making my cycle longer. The ones I think that really worked for myself was inositol and Maca root xx

Reactions: 2
I’ve taken so many different vitamins over the years ttc 😅 just be careful as what works for someone else might not work for you… I tried things like vitex, coq10 but it just ended up making my cycle longer. The ones I think that really worked for myself was inositol and Maca root xx
Oh completely! I’m fully researching any suggestions. Inositol is a new one, thanks!

Oh completely! I’m fully researching any suggestions. Inositol is a new one, thanks!
Thanks for the suggestion. Do you buy yours online? If so, would you mind linking them please?
I don’t live in the U.K. any more so the brands I use are different but we used 300mg!
Also regarding inositol, evidence only suggests it’s beneficial if you have PCOS as it can help support ovulation and in that case it’s myo-insitol. A few people in previous threads swore by it but also as mentioned above, any supplements can affect your cycle but generally you need to be taking them for 3 months for it to have full affect so perhaps cycles would regulate by then?
Through my experience, I was also put on a baby aspirin whilst ttc (and now until 36 weeks) after my 2nd MC so if you have had a mc in the past I would speak to a health professional about that too!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.