TTC #7 Even miracles take a little time…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I ask, if OPK ovulation test is positive does it really mean we will ovulate? I can’t feel any ovulation every month
No it does not mean you ovulate. Day 21 bloods can only confirm that. The Opk only detects a surge in the hormone that is needed to ovulate.

Reactions: 1
No it does not mean you ovulate. Day 21 bloods can only confirm that. The Opk only detects a surge in the hormone that is needed to ovulate.
Okay, I ovulate apparently today or tomorrow. I’ll book an appointment and see. I watch this show called Big Miracles on channel 9 in Australia all about people who struggle to get pregnant. Really eye opening

Can I ask, if OPK ovulation test is positive does it really mean we will ovulate? I can’t feel any ovulation every month
not everyone feels something physically when they ovulate. you can check your cervical position and cervical mucus and use those as a guide along with your OPKs, so during ovulation Cervix is higher and softer and after ovulation its lower and harder. More info here

• Heart
I’m about 6dpo and feel like I’m getting my PMS boobs 😟 I just know whenever I feel this I’m out! Would pregnancy boobs feel like PMS boobs? Humour me 🤪

I just really feel like this isnt going to happen. My 21 bloods were ok, and just waiting on sperm analysis results now. 😩

Reactions: 2
After a missed miscarriage and a chemical pregancy I have my BFP. Really didnt think it was my month at all. Good luck to everyone here and lots of baby dust to you all.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’m about 6dpo and feel like I’m getting my PMS boobs 😟 I just know whenever I feel this I’m out! Would pregnancy boobs feel like PMS boobs? Humour me 🤪

I just really feel like this isnt going to happen. My 21 bloods were ok, and just waiting on sperm analysis results now. 😩
Honestly they can. The thing I had no idea about nor was prepared for is just how much early pregnancy feels like a period, even down to the cramps and pain and even spotting in some cases. It does absolutely nothing for your mental health.
Now I'm seriously trying/anticipating (last time I thought it couldn't happen so was just getting through the 6 months of 'trying' before doctors) it's a complete head duck. Trying not to symptom spot, knowing everything can be explained by something else but being so hopeful. It makes it so difficult.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Honestly they can. The thing I had no idea about nor was prepared for is just how much early pregnancy feels like a period, even down to the cramps and pain and even spotting in some cases. It does absolutely nothing for your mental health.
Now I'm seriously trying/anticipating (last time I thought it couldn't happen so was just getting through the 6 months of 'trying' before doctors) it's a complete head duck. Trying not to symptom spot, knowing everything can be explained by something else but being so hopeful. It makes it so difficult.
It is, and it’s very hard to switch off. I now actively try not to pregnancy symptom spot (mindlessly Googling random twinges and random things!) and it has helped. I just feel like it’s all over when my normal boobs appear! 🥴

Does anyone want to create a new thread? 🤍

Hi, please can I get a head wobble!

TTC baby 2, first month trying, last baby took 12 months to get my BFP.

DH is away next week so I tested early at 10dpo and got a really faint blue line on a clearblue. Was suspicious it was an indent. Got the same yesterday morning on another clear blue so then used a frer in the afternoon and got a very faint pink line.

Is it possible to get 3 indents? They definitely had colour to them. I just can’t believe I could possibly be pregnant first time when it took so long last time. I didn’t test until I was late on my period with my first so the world of faint lines is new to me.

Torn between testing this morning or waiting till tomorrow. I’ve had on off cramping all week and then major bloat the last couple which was my first symptom with my first, but then I don’t trust that either 😂 probably imagining it.

God I hate the TWW

DH is away next week so I tested early at 10dpo and got a really faint blue line on a clearblue. Was suspicious it was an indent. Got the same yesterday morning on another clear blue so then used a frer in the afternoon and got a very faint pink line.

Is it possible to get 3 indents? They definitely had colour to them. I just can’t believe I could possibly be pregnant first time when it took so long last time. I didn’t test until I was late on my period with my first so the world of faint lines is new to me.

Torn between testing this morning or waiting till tomorrow. I’ve had on off cramping all week and then major bloat the last couple which was my first symptom with my first, but then I don’t trust that either 😂 probably imagining it.

God I hate the TWW

From what I’ve heard from other peoples experiences both clearblue and frer are notorious for indents 🙈 however to have 3 faint lines and then be pink sounds really promising! Do you have any pics of the tests? If it was me I’d definitely test again as I’m so impatient! Good luck and I hope it’s a BFP for you!

God I hate the TWW
what about the clearblue digital ?try that

Not sure if anyone can help but I’ve taken a pregnancy test and there was a faint line and to be sure I took 3 more after drinking some water to help me go but now I’m just so confused

God I hate the TWW
Sounds like a faint positive to me! When is your period due? I’d wait a couple of days and test
Not sure if anyone can help but I’ve taken a pregnancy test and there was a faint line and to be sure I took 3 more after drinking some water to help me go but now I’m just so confused
What did the other tests say? Have you missed a period?
again. Sounds like you’ve been lucky!

So I bought a digital. Was convinced it was going to be negative. I can’t believe it! We only had sex once 😂 first baby took 12 months.

DH feels very short changed 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone else TTC feel triggered by hearing other people say they conceived after having sex one time? Im not referring specifically to the above poster, i had a friend tell me they conceived after spontaneously deciding to try the day her app said she was ovulating. Its wonderful news but struggling to conceive myself and find it hard to hear😞

Reactions: 15
Does anyone else TTC feel triggered by hearing other people say they conceived after having sex one time? Im not referring specifically to the above poster, i had a friend tell me they conceived after spontaneously deciding to try the day her app said she was ovulating. Its wonderful news but struggling to conceive myself and find it hard to hear😞
Yes I totally understand this. I have to remind myself that person has been extremely lucky, but it doesn’t make me feel any better 🙁

Reactions: 4
Yes it’s really tit. People don’t realise that it hurts others when they say that though, especially as they’ve not have difficulties in conceiving. I used to get really down anytime I heard anyone else was pregnant, especially friends who really I was happy for but I always thought ‘why not me?’. It’s bleeping hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I do. People can’t be responsible for my triggers, but you can’t protect yourself when they tell you this level of info. If they’ve not struggled, they can’t understand but I wish people were more aware generally and were more mindful. But, we’re hear ‘be careful’, take birth control just in case, women ‘trap’ men purposely, unplanned pregnancy stats. We’re barely taught about ovulation cycles, fertility etc. It’s ingrained that it’s easy.
After my first child at 38 I got from everyone, all ages ‘Are you going to have another?’, and from parents ‘best to have them close in age’. Like I could chose if and when.

I didn’t prevent/tried 4 years - nothing at all. Tried years later - 2nd cycle. Then 1st cycle MC. Now 6+ mths TTC - nothing.
There’s a balance between being mindful and still sharing their own happiness (sometimes it’s clearly quick/unplanned without saying), even experiencing both sides I’m still not sure what’s the right way.

I did feel triggered earlier by the stupidest thing. Sexist, moron, duck face Jeremy Clarkson saying to his cow who hadn’t got pregnant “what’s wrong with you?”. Because that’s the expectation. You have sex, you get pregnant, if you don’t, well… I find that devastating to be quite honest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.