TTC #7 Even miracles take a little time…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey guys trying just over a year and no success do I get onto my gp to do tests or what is the procedure sending baby dust to all

Reactions: 1
Hey guys trying just over a year and no success do I get onto my gp to do tests or what is the procedure sending baby dust to all
They usually say you have to try for 2 years before they will begin investigating. Although my GP sent me for an ultrasound after trying for 6 months as had other issues anyway. My GP said a male can have testing done at any point, they don't have to wait like we do.

Reactions: 2
As others have said it depends entirely on your local trust’s policy and age. You might find it online or just give the doctors a call.

My body is currently doing what the hell it wants and I'm just along for the ride. 7 days late for AF, still testing negative yet today I had pinkish CM. Dr Google says that implantation can be between 6-12 days after DTD and that does line up but I also don't want to get my hopes up. Can't wait to finally get an appointment with the doctors once they've moved me across to the new practice. My old practice basically told me to get bloods and swabs sorted, hubby send off a sample and then they'd put a referral into fertility so it sounded positive/hopeful. In the meantime it's the waiting that's driving me up the wall.

Reactions: 4
BFN at 10DPO (tested this morning). We’ve scheduled DTD every other day for my next predicated ovulation (which falls on Valentine’s Day - how romantic 😂)

no idea if I’ve done this correctly as I haven’t had to use a spoiler before, if it’s wrong I’ll delete it 😅

however I’m 7dpo today, tested this morning and got a negative after 5 minutes, checked it again at the 10 minute point and it has a very very thin line. This is an indent right? If it was a true line it would be thicker and have more colour? It wasn’t my first urine of the day, it was the 3rd so very diluted as well

I’m now not testing until Monday as I don’t have time 😬 period due on Tuesday

CBC78883-3B0B-4C38-91AD-B73586050253.jpeg

no idea if I’ve done this correctly as I haven’t had to use a spoiler before, if it’s wrong I’ll delete it 😅

however I’m 7dpo today, tested this morning and got a negative after 5 minutes, checked it again at the 10 minute point and it has a very very thin line. This is an indent right? If it was a true line it would be thicker and have more colour? It wasn’t my first urine of the day, it was the 3rd so very diluted as well

View attachment 1914586
Hi, I use these strips too and I’d say they’re prone to evap / indent lines. Try again first thing tomorrow though - fingers crossed for you 🤞🏼

View attachment 1914586
looks like the positive I had with my first baby 🤞 test again when you can

looks like the positive I had with my first baby 🤞 test again when you can
I agree, looks like a positive is appearing. I find these tests take longer than 5 minutes to show anything in the early days x

View attachment 1914586
I’ve done another test this morning but it’s done exactly the same thing. A faint line after the 10 minute mark, and it looks even fainter than the other one so I’m going to say they’re both evaps. 9dpo today, period due on Tuesday.
E80C0DD9-4461-49D2-A87E-DEA18747F7BC.jpeg

• Heart
Hi everyone. I hope it’s ok to post - I’m new to this thread, don’t tend to post about ‘serious’ or private stuff. But I’ve been reading these threads and wondered if anyone has experienced the same. I’ve had regular periods for as long as I can remember (since at least age 18), always 4 days on and 28 days between cycles. Never had any cause for concern apart from acne which I got badly age 20 approx. Never thought much of it, until in 2019 I was diagnosed with PCOS after a routine scan of my ovaries. Didn’t really bother me then tbh, as I pretty much decided I wouldn’t be having kids (no partner etc). Anyway, as tends to happen, life took a turn and I got with my partner a year ago and we decided to try for a baby. I had my copper coil removed in July - I’ve never used hormonal contraception - and we got to it. No signs of conception, periods pretty much normal apart from lighter than I was used to after having the coil removed. However, my December period was late by 4 days. I wasn’t pregnant, and eventually came on (19th Dec). As it stands now, my last proper period (the late one aforementioned) was the last ‘proper’ one I’ve had to date. On 7th and 8th Jan I had some rust coloured watery bleeding, not like my usual period and totally out of sync for my usual cycle. I haven’t had any bleeding since. I’ve been to the Drs and done multiple pregnancy tests, all negative. Had bloods taken this week and that was negative too. So I’m definitely not pregnant. I really do apologise for this long post, but I wondered if anyone has any ideas? I’m 37 now and panicking that this is the start of some kind of big issue for me - especially with my cycle always being so regular and now just stopping. I also started taking Inositol on 22nd Dec which I thought would help my chances of conceiving, and I wonder if that’s anything to do with it, maybe not agreeing with me? Thank you all for reading.

I’ve done another test this morning but it’s done exactly the same thing. A faint line after the 10 minute mark, and it looks even fainter than the other one so I’m going to say they’re both evaps. 9dpo today, period due on Tuesday. View attachment 1917639
I cannot see anything on that one, try again tue x

Hi everyone. I hope it’s ok to post - I’m new to this thread, don’t tend to post about ‘serious’ or private stuff. But I’ve been reading these threads and wondered if anyone has experienced the same. I’ve had regular periods for as long as I can remember (since at least age 18), always 4 days on and 28 days between cycles. Never had any cause for concern apart from acne which I got badly age 20 approx. Never thought much of it, until in 2019 I was diagnosed with PCOS after a routine scan of my ovaries. Didn’t really bother me then tbh, as I pretty much decided I wouldn’t be having kids (no partner etc). Anyway, as tends to happen, life took a turn and I got with my partner a year ago and we decided to try for a baby. I had my copper coil removed in July - I’ve never used hormonal contraception - and we got to it. No signs of conception, periods pretty much normal apart from lighter than I was used to after having the coil removed. However, my December period was late by 4 days. I wasn’t pregnant, and eventually came on (19th Dec). As it stands now, my last proper period (the late one aforementioned) was the last ‘proper’ one I’ve had to date. On 7th and 8th Jan I had some rust coloured watery bleeding, not like my usual period and totally out of sync for my usual cycle. I haven’t had any bleeding since. I’ve been to the Drs and done multiple pregnancy tests, all negative. Had bloods taken this week and that was negative too. So I’m definitely not pregnant. I really do apologise for this long post, but I wondered if anyone has any ideas? I’m 37 now and panicking that this is the start of some kind of big issue for me - especially with my cycle always being so regular and now just stopping. I also started taking Inositol on 22nd Dec which I thought would help my chances of conceiving, and I wonder if that’s anything to do with it, maybe not agreeing with me? Thank you all for reading.
Not sure how true this is as I seen it on tik tok but apparently Inositol doesn’t help all types of PCOS. It only helps if you have the type caused by insulin resistance. I took it last year and it messed my cycle up I had a 34 day cycle and it changed to 45days once I stopped taking it I went back to normal.

• Heart
Not sure how true this is as I seen it on tik tok but apparently Inositol doesn’t help all types of PCOS. It only helps if you have the type caused by insulin resistance. I took it last year and it messed my cycle up I had a 34 day cycle and it changed to 45days once I stopped taking it I went back to normal.
Wow really? Thank you!!

• Heart
Currently 6 dpo (ovulated day 20 of my usual 28 day cycle) so now just in that super frustrating waiting game stage again but having every usual sign that AF is on its way 😔 Any tips of distracting myself and waiting for what feels like the inevitable??

At 37 if you’ve been trying for a year you should be eligible for help if you’re NHS. A simple test to see if you’re ovulating as expected was given to me (might have been 36) without much explanation or insistence.

I got pregnant naturally at 38. I expected to be the oldest in the room when waiting for scans etc but was in the majority, probably 70% were my age or their abouts from my estimation of their ages. The midwife wasn’t concerned at all. Even as an ex smoker.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.