TTC #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this is a stupid question but SMEP is just basically DTD around ovulation time yeah? I've Googled it and dunno why there is like a big name for it when it's just common sense no?
You’re supposed to start DTD CD8 and then every other day until you get your positive OPK. Then that day and the next two, then day off and one more for good luck 😂 I’m giving it a go this month for the first time but my husband doesn’t have a clue what he’s in for.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but SMEP is just basically DTD around ovulation time yeah? I've Googled it and dunno why there is like a big name for it when it's just common sense no?
It's having sex every other day and then every day around ovulation and then every other day again. 😳

It's having sex every other day and then every day around ovulation and then every other day again. 😳
Thanks, we pretty much DTD every second day anyway, except when AF is around, and then I make sure to sneak another one in on ovulation day so was wondering was I missing something, despite all that still not pregnant lol

Would this be impossible for anyone else?
My partner works shifts and we’re both often exhausted with work and there are times were we don’t see each other awake!🤦🏼‍♀️ I worry that we don’t have enough sex, and I’m jealous of people who work ‘normal’ jobs and can just do this without thinking.

Reactions: 5
My partner works shifts and we’re both often exhausted with work and there are times were we don’t see each other awake!🤦🏼‍♀️ I worry that we don’t have enough sex, and I’m jealous of people who work ‘normal’ jobs and can just do this without thinking.
Yeah I know what you mean, my husband does shift work as well but at home so sometimes we just do it in morning before I go to work or at lunch time, I definitely make a conscious effort around ovulation time to make sure we get it in but still prob doesn't matter how many times you do it, I guess you just get lucky

Reactions: 1
Husband works shift work too & a few times he just wasn’t able , totally knackered then he feels like he’s letting me down etc and sure the pressure doesn’t help. So don’t worry you’re not on your own!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Don't necessarily worry about how often you have sex. Previous months I was hammering it and then this last month wasn't really interested and 5 times did the trick. Idk if maybe things were becoming inflamed for me, or if sperm quality wasn't as high. I'll never know, but idk it more sex is the answer.

Reactions: 3

I’ve tried adding a spoiler to this post!
Am I going mad? My husband seems to think it’s not a positive. I had some very very light bleeding earlier so thought it may be implantation and decided to take a test. Flow app thinks I’m 11dpo, I haven’t been using ovulation tests. Are my eyes playing tricks on me?!?

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Am I going mad? My husband seems to think it’s not a positive. I had some very very light bleeding earlier so thought it may be implantation and decided to take a test. Flow app thinks I’m 11dpo, I haven’t been using ovulation tests. Are my eyes playing tricks on me?!?
I see it too! Congrats!!

It’s positive x

I see it!! Mine were like this on Thursday and now they're almost dye stealers. Haven't got a pic of the FRER I took yesterday but here's the clearblue less than a week later. I'd wait a couple of days to test again. I got a vvvv faint positive Thursday, digital said pregnant Saturday. 😊

IMG_20211027_063528.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Can I have some recommendations for the most reliable/best ovulation testing kits please? Amazon brings up so many that it’s bewildering.

Are you using a cheaper test strip and then a more expensive one? Are the more expensive ones like Clearblue worth the money?

I need to vent 😭😭
Still waiting for a referral to fertility but it was put on hold as my husbands sperm analysis wasn’t clear. He had it done again and it’s come back really low motility.
I really don’t know what to even think right now, with having pcos and now this all I’ve done is cry 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Can I have some recommendations for the most reliable/best ovulation testing kits please? Amazon brings up so many that it’s bewildering.

Are you using a cheaper test strip and then a more expensive one? Are the more expensive ones like Clearblue worth the money?
I use these ones and the app too. I'm getting on okay with them but im only on cycle 2 of properly tracking my ovulation so hard to tell if there are other ones out there that are better / more accurate x

Attachments

I need to vent 😭😭
Still waiting for a referral to fertility but it was put on hold as my husbands sperm analysis wasn’t clear. He had it done again and it’s come back really low motility.
I really don’t know what to even think right now, with having pcos and now this all I’ve done is cry 😭
I’m sorry to hear this 😞😞 sending lots of love and hugs to you xxx

• Heart
I need to vent 😭😭
sending lots of love, hopefully the fertility clinic will have some answers. All it takes is one egg and one sperm🧡 I know this is really unhelpful but I keep trying to tell myself this too!

I’m also so frustrated at the moment. I was SO sure I was pregnant this month. I’ve never felt this way before. You know how everyone says when you’re pregnant you just know? Well I was so sure that I knew. I thought how it would be perfect timing for us to announce at Christmas. I’d got the fancy tests ready to show my partner when he returned from work.

Aaand then my period arrived, three days early.

can I ask what all of your diets are like? I’m trying to figure out why it’s not happening for us and that’sthe only thing I can think of. I drink one or two cans of Coke (or Coke Zero) most days, and eat a LOT of sugar. I wouldn’t like to guess how much, but I’d assume at least triple the RDA.
Other than that I don’t think my diet or lifestyle is terrible. I exercise at least 5 days a week, I’m a healthy weight (closer to underweight than overweight) and don’t drink or smoke. I eat a good breakfast and evening meal with fruit and/or veg. Lunch can be hit and miss with work.

I need to vent 😭😭
So sorry lovely. We’re also recently had bad analysis result so I know how you feel xx

I use the easy@home ones a poster has above. I think they are fairly accurate once you get used to them. I also use clearblue ovulation sticks the one that pinpoints 4 fertile days.

I need to vent 😭😭
So sorry to hear this. I’ve been waiting for a Gynae apt for 3 months now & the delays with everything is so frustrating. Although it’s not the news you wanted, hopefully it’s a step in the right direction to get some answers.

sending lots of love, hopefully the fertility clinic will have some answers. All it takes is one egg and one sperm🧡 I know this is really unhelpful but I keep trying to tell myself this too!

I’m also so frustrated at the moment. I was SO sure I was pregnant this month. I’ve never felt this way before. You know how everyone says when you’re pregnant you just know? Well I was so sure that I knew. I thought how it would be perfect timing for us to announce at Christmas. I’d got the fancy tests ready to show my partner when he returned from work.

Aaand then my period arrived, three days early.

can I ask what all of your diets are like? I’m trying to figure out why it’s not happening for us and that’sthe only thing I can think of. I drink one or two cans of Coke (or Coke Zero) most days, and eat a LOT of sugar. I wouldn’t like to guess how much, but I’d assume at least triple the RDA.
Other than that I don’t think my diet or lifestyle is terrible. I exercise at least 5 days a week, I’m a healthy weight (closer to underweight than overweight) and don’t drink or smoke. I eat a good breakfast and evening meal with fruit and/or veg. Lunch can be hit and miss with work.
Honestly mine is prob the same, except the diet coke bit but I have sugery treats like chocolate every evening! Maybe not much some evenings but defo every day.

I feel like after 2.5 years I need to know Why I am not getting pregnant, our IUI failed which was devastating when my period came today I cried all afternoon, I genuinely felt pregnant the last few days, had bad naseau all day so convinced it had worked, like you I thought oh I can announce at Christmas, baby will be here in July, maybe christening in September, have everyone over after if the weather is nice, just feel so let down like it seems so unfair
Unexplained infertility is just so frustrating and clinics are just like it's unexplained and none of them seem to want to put any effort into trying to come up with some explanation

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.