TTC #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
IUI day today, so nervous, such a sleepless night last night, this TWW is gonna be the longest ever
Good luck!! What an exciting step, sending lots of positive vibes!! ☺✨🤞🏻🤍✨✨✨🧡

Reactions: 1
Currently 9 DPO I think, my OPK spiked a few times so I don’t actually know when I ovulated. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Good luck to everyone.

Passed my peak now this month and won’t have chance to have sex until tomorrow now so we’ll see, but I’m not optimistic.

I feel so fragile today. I’m a teacher, so spend every day with other people’s kids and sometimes I just find it so hard. Like today one of my lovely girls had lost something and we couldn’t find it, out of the blue, she asked if I was a Mum, and when I said no she said ‘I thought not, Mums can always find missing things’. I had to take a minute to pull myself together and then felt really bad for taking it to heart when it wasn’t meant like that.

And then this evening a colleague announced her pregnancy.

I just keep feeling like it’ll never be me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
mine spiked a few times this cycle too! So annoying 🤣😩

I’m going with 7dpo based on the last spike 🤣
If I go with the last spike then we totoally missed the boat. We went hell for leather on spike one & didn’t expect another. We neither had the energy nor could my lady bits take it 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Did a test there at approx 10DPO only because I’m going out tonight and want to drink guilt free. And even tho I know it’s an absolute no hope that negative test still stings. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hello all, newbie to this thread. I'm really glad to have come across it as I haven't really got anyone to discuss with apart from my husband. I've been so incredibly lucky to conceive two children easily (cycle #1, cycle #4) then I had a 'surprise' pregnancy (careless but very happy after initial shock) which TW sadly ended in a missed mc, which to be honest blew my world apart.

I went on the pill for about a year, terrified, wanting to be sure it couldn't happen again but have now been NTNP for around 6-7 months. I'm telling myself if it's meant to be it'll happen, trying to be casual about it but at the same time obsessing just a little. I have put OPKs and PTs in my Amazon basket SO MANY times but have managed to refrain so far because I think I will torture myself with them. Or maybe I should just bite the bullet and start properly tracking things to find out what's going on with my body. Anyone relate?

Oh, also I'm right slap bang in the middle of the TWW right now, aggggh.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Hello all, newbie to this thread. I'm really glad to have come across it as I haven't really got anyone to discuss with apart from my husband. I've been so incredibly lucky to conceive two children easily (cycle #1, cycle #4) then I had a 'surprise' pregnancy (careless but very happy after initial shock) which TW sadly ended in a missed mc, which to be honest blew my world apart.

I went on the pill for about a year, terrified, wanting to be sure it couldn't happen again but have now been NTNP for around 6-7 months. I'm telling myself if it's meant to be it'll happen, trying to be casual about it but at the same time obsessing just a little. I have put OPKs and PTs in my Amazon basket SO MANY times but have managed to refrain so far because I think I will torture myself with them. Or maybe I should just bite the bullet and start properly tracking things to find out what's going on with my body. Anyone relate?

Oh, also I'm right slap bang in the middle of the TWW right now, aggggh.
Welcome! Hopefully you don’t have to stick around here for too long 😊 really sorry to hear about your MC.

I’m honestly starting to think the pill messes up cycles more than they let on! I was even talking to my mother about it last night - big step for me, I don’t talk to anyone about this - and she told me she was over a year trying to conceive my little brother which I had no idea of. She blames the pill and says it’s probably why it’s taking me so long too.

PTs are expensive so I would try avoid getting into the habit of them if you can ☹ Personally I’ve found OPKs really helpful to time DTD - we wouldn’t be very consistent about it otherwise to be honest! And also, I’ve slowly started to realise, I have very mild cycles so I really need the OPKs otherwise I wouldn’t have a clue what’s going on. Some people can tell if they’re ovulating from different symptoms but I don’t even get AF cramps (I know I’m lucky! But I sometimes would rather a cramp just to know my body is working 😂) I think if you’re the type of person who knows where your body is at, you don’t even really need the OPKs?

Not sure if this is helpful, I just wanted to share some pros and cons, but I can completely relate to the obsession. It’s a kick in the teeth every month when AF arrives and it hurts even more knowing that you timed everything perfectly and still didn’t work ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi everyone

I hope you’re all doing well. Took abit of time off this thread this month as I’ve tried to take a completely relaxed approach. I haven’t tested ovulation, Just looked out for ewcm, and not done any pregnancy testing. I think I’m due on tomorrow as will be CD28 and I’ve just started having bad cramping. Feeling really sorry for myself and losing hope every month that goes by. Really hoped I could do the cliche of ‘Stop trying and it will happen’.

Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Is in the morning really the best time to take a test? Or does it not matter?
I think if you are pregnant then your urine will have a higher concentration of hcg first thing in the morning because it's likely been a good few hours since you went to the loo.

Is in the morning really the best time to take a test? Or does it not matter?
I think it really depends on how far along you are, if you’re testing early you’re more likely to get a false negative with more dilute urine so ideally I’d test in the morning, but if you’re past your missed period then I think it would probably show up (if only faintly) no matter what time of day you tested. Once you’re past 5 weeks I don’t think it would really matter at all.

*Trigger warning positive test*

Morning everyone, just taken a cheapy on 3rd morning urine but terrified of reading it wrong. I’ve only ever had negatives and with it being quite light it’s throwing me off- can someone offer their opinion?

As soon as asda opens I will go and get a clear blue
FD9BEC68-4285-4888-8595-5ED61444E4A5.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Morning everyone, just taken a cheapy on 3rd morning urine but terrified of reading it wrong. I’ve only ever had negatives and with it being quite light it’s throwing me off- can someone offer their opinion?

As soon as asda opens I will go and get a clear blue View attachment 813846
This looks positive to me!! Congrats 🎉 xx

• Heart

As soon as asda opens I will go and get a clear blue View attachment 813846
Positive to me , congrats ❤

My AF arrived today 2 days early again, another 9 day luteal phase sadly. I’ve apt with Gynae early November. Feel v deflated today.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My period was 2 days late but I’ve just noticed very light pink on tissue but only when I wipe! Nothing in underwear or in the toilet?!

Hi all, newbie here and really glad I found this thread! Wishing everyone so much love and luck on their journeys 💕

I'm not sure if this has been discussed in previous threads, me and husband have been TTC for 7 months now with no luck. Has anyone any experience conceiving whilst their partner has been on SSRI antidepressants whilst TTC? He has said he will chat to the GP about this, however his MH is so important to me and I don't want him coming off his medication if he doesn't feel ready, and I would NEVER ask him to.

Just wondering if this is something anyone else has experienced!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.