TTC #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A new holder will always be blank the first time you use it, you should continue to use the old holder (new sticks will work in it normally).

Tomorrow if you use the new holder again you will probs get a flashing face or static.
I used the old holder then with a test stick from the new box and got an error message. One was bought in UK & one was bought in ROI. would this matter?

Raging they cost too much money to waste 😭

Edited to add I did another in what I thought was the old holder and it’s coming up low fertility so I reckon I’ve mixed them up. Il try again tomorrow 🙈

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Hi everyone. I had my telephone consultation with the gynaecology department yesterday and they have booked me in for some more blood tests and the dye test. If the dye test comes back fine they said they will give me Clomid. Has anyone here ever had any experience with Clomid?

I can see a very faint line 🤍 When did you do this test?

I had my first Pfizer vaccine mid June (just after my mc) and then my period came July 15th. I’m due on again next week so will be interested to see it affects it or not.
Thanks calm your Rita’s and louk. I wrote within the spoiler of my last post that the test turned out to be positive which I’m delighted about. I included some details around it in my previous post too. It’s extremely early days but really hope it sticks x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Not been able to consistently use opks these past couple of days so not sure if I've missed tracking ovulation. Decided I'm just going to wing it now. I've got loads of studying to get done so I'm hoping that'll take my mind off things and maybe that might just do me some good.

Hope everyone is hanging on in there and doing okay.

How're you feeling @JLXRD? All okay? 😊

I’m good thank you @fishsticks - mostly just tired. I’ve got some worries which I’ve popped in a spoiler box as they are around test progression and I don’t want to trigger anyone who may have had the same. I’m keeping my fingers tightly crossed that I’m worrying for no reason and everything will be fine 🤞🏻

I am still having some big worries around test progression which I’m hoping will go away. I keep telling myself I’m still only 15dpo so the fact I’m not getting dye stealers yet doesn’t mean something is wrong. Internet cheapies we’re getting darker each day but today’s test looks slightly lighter than yesterday’s.

Also on Monday I tested positive on CB weeks indicator and it said 1-2 weeks, redid it yesterday morning and it still says 1-2 which obviously put panic into me. Though that day would literally be the day of 2 weeks so maybe I shouldn’t expect it to say 2-3 yet? IDK but if the same happens to any of you ladies I would advise you not to google it 😕

Hi everyone. So I’ve been using clearblue ovulation tests now & ive had flashing smileys for 6 days now. Had to start a new pack this morning & it came up as low fertility the blank circle. Can it go from flashing to blank? Or is it a fault?
I tried another test with the old holder but it came up an error message.
I only have the old fashioned clear blue stick reader, not the fancy machine. With mine, you can always remove the stick and read it yourself, there will be two lines, but it's nowhere near as comforting as that smiley face😂

I’m good thank you @fishsticks - mostly just tired. I’ve got some worries which I’ve popped in a spoiler box as they are around test progression and I don’t want to trigger anyone who may have had the same. I’m keeping my fingers tightly crossed that I’m worrying for no reason and everything will be fine 🤞🏻

I am still having some big worries around test progression which I’m hoping will go away. I keep telling myself I’m still only 15dpo so the fact I’m not getting dye stealers yet doesn’t mean something is wrong. Internet cheapies we’re getting darker each day but today’s test looks slightly lighter than yesterday’s.

Also on Monday I tested positive on CB weeks indicator and it said 1-2 weeks, redid it yesterday morning and it still says 1-2 which obviously put panic into me. Though that day would literally be the day of 2 weeks so maybe I shouldn’t expect it to say 2-3 yet? IDK but if the same happens to any of you ladies I would advise you not to google it 😕
I honestly think you are pregnant!!! I was around 5 weeks pregnant and that damned digital one told me it was still 1-2 weeks, so please ignore it and have faith. I remember the sickness kicked in around week 7, so get stocked up on jelly babies and maoam strips, or something made of pure sugar that you can suck on!

also remember that your levels double every few days so taking tests isn’t always an indicator. The clear blue ones are notorious for not changing (if you read mumsnet ever it will tell you how many people have the same things!) and they’re so finicky on the levels. You could be just under the cusp for it to tick over or your own personal hormone level might not read what it wants (but remember, whatever is normal for you, is the most important)

These first few weeks are so nervy - but take a breath - you are pregnant right now, and you have to try and trust in your body to do what it needs to do. You got this!

• Heart
also remember that your levels double every few days so taking tests isn’t always an indicator. The clear blue ones are notorious for not changing (if you read mumsnet ever it will tell you how many people have the same things!) and they’re so finicky on the levels. You could be just under the cusp for it to tick over or your own personal hormone level might not read what it wants (but remember, whatever is normal for you, is the most important)

These first few weeks are so nervy - but take a breath - you are pregnant right now, and you have to try and trust in your body to do what it needs to do. You got this!
Thank you grumpycat ❤ You always help me feel better with your lovely posts!

I have calmed down a fair bit since earlier, I am going to try and just take each day as it comes 🤞🏻

• Heart
Hello!

Dipping my toe into the thread as after lots of serious chats with my boyfriend over the last month or so we are taking the plunge and going to start TTC. I'm on my period atm but then we'll get things going and stop using protection. I've been tracking periods /ovulation since coming off the pill last year so I'll use that as a guide for now and if nowt happens will look into being a bit more precise maybe.

I feel so nervous for some reason, a bit like I'm sitting an exam I've not studied for 😂 I don't know if that's normal or not!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hello!

Dipping my toe into the thread as after lots of serious chats with my boyfriend over the last month or so we are taking the plunge and going to start TTC. I'm on my period atm but then we'll get things going and stop using protection. I've been tracking periods /ovulation since coming off the pill last year so I'll use that as a guide for now and if nowt happens will look into being a bit more precise maybe.

I feel so nervous for some reason, a bit like I'm sitting an exam I've not studied for 😂 I don't know if that's normal or not!
Welcome & good luck 💖

• Heart
Hi Girlies
After 7 days of testing twice a day and getting flashing smileys this evening I finally got a peak (did get a flashy this morning).
I bought some cheap ovulation strips too, the one next to the clear blue I took the same time but it’s negative?
The one at the bottom I took this morning but had a flashing smiley?
Do you think the Clear blue will be the best accurate?
Thank you for your help xx

Attachments

Hi Girlies
After 7 days of testing twice a day and getting flashing smileys this evening I finally got a peak (did get a flashy this morning).
I bought some cheap ovulation strips too, the one next to the clear blue I took the same time but it’s negative?
Hello, not sure if it's helpful but I used the strip ones and I just felt like I never really got a really dark line. I worried I wasn't ovulating but with the CB test after a few days of flashing faces I got a static face. So I now just go off what the CB tests say. Someone else might be more clued up than me on it though. xx

Hello!

totally normal and I even feel the same about TTC number 2 😂

• Haha
A new holder will always be blank the first time you use it, you should continue to use the old holder (new sticks will work in it normally).

Tomorrow if you use the new holder again you will probs get a flashing face or static.
Tested again today & got a static smiley. Panic is on now to find time today to DTD as husband is working 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi Girlies
I have never tested positive on the strips but have on CB!

• Wow
Hello, not sure if it's helpful but I used the strip ones and I just felt like I never really got a really dark line. I worried I wasn't ovulating but with the CB test after a few days of flashing faces I got a static face. So I now just go off what the CB tests say. Someone else might be more clued up than me on it though. xx
I have never tested positive on the strips but have on CB!
Same here, not sure if it’s because I drink lots of water or I just have a short LH surge, but I never get the super dark second line like I see some people share - I’ve literally only seen that about 3 times in the 3 years we’ve been TTC. Almost always get a static on CB though, sometimes goes straight from blank to static.

I’ve only got 3 CB sticks left for this cycle and I was debating whether to just try with the cheap strips this month, but I think I’ve answered my own question there!

Same here, not sure if it’s because I drink lots of water or I just have a short LH surge, but I never get the super dark second line like I see some people share - I’ve literally only seen that about 3 times in the 3 years we’ve been TTC. Almost always get a static on CB though, sometimes goes straight from blank to static.

I’ve only got 3 CB sticks left for this cycle and I was debating whether to just try with the cheap strips this month, but I think I’ve answered my own question there!
Both my clearblue and my cheap OPK have matched up this month shockingly! But I have def missed it previous months on the OPK.

Hey all! How are we all doing? Haven't been on this thread for a while.

Thought I'd update.
This cycle #3 we decided to relax on the temping and opks.. Took a cheapie yesterday and it was negative. I have no idea where I am at in this cycle but I'm confident it hasn't been successful 😓
Next cycle, I'm back on BBT temping and OPKs... can't understand what im doing wrong 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey all! How are we all doing? Haven't been on this thread for a while.

Thought I'd update.
This cycle #3 we decided to relax on the temping and opks.. Took a cheapie yesterday and it was negative. I have no idea where I am at in this cycle but I'm confident it hasn't been successful 😓
Next cycle, I'm back on BBT temping and OPKs... can't understand what im doing wrong 🙃
It’s so frustrating isn’t it when you DTD at what you think are the right times & it still doesn’t work. 😞

I’ve a question regarding your partners, how are they finding the process? Mine told me today he’s finding it stressful which is leading to DTD issues. Now I literally tell him as little as possible re testing cus I know it’s stresses him but he’s not stupid. I’d never jump on this much otherwise 🤣 I guess I just wondering if anyone else is the same and any way to relax about it.

CD14 and normally my opks are high by now but they’re still low. Feel like all the baby dancing I’ve done the last few days has been a waste of time 😂

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.