TTC #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I was going to attach an image of a faint line to genuinely get people’s opinions (as I don’t test often and had never used FR before) but I posted it and I could see the images regardless so I deleted it as I know it’s difficult seeing positive pregnancy tests. It’s essentially like an announcement. I actually downloaded an app called ‘Pregnancy Test Checker’ where it’s like a constant feed and people upload images of tests and others vote whether it looks positive or negative. Which was very helpful to me the past couple of days! It also allows you to play about with contrasts and make the image a “negative” to try and see the line, however if you’ve to resort to that I’d guess it’s a negative test IMO.

Reactions: 3
Yes I was going to attach an image of a faint line to genuinely get people’s opinions (as I don’t test often and had never used FR before) but I posted it and I could see the images regardless so I deleted it as I know it’s difficult seeing positive pregnancy tests. It’s essentially like an announcement. I actually downloaded an app called ‘Pregnancy Test Checker’ where it’s like a constant feed and people upload images of tests and others vote whether it looks positive or negative. Which was very helpful to me the past couple of days! It also allows you to play about with contrasts and make the image a “negative” to try and see the line, however if you’ve to resort to that I’d guess it’s a negative test IMO.
The photos on my phone are FULL of test photos 🙈 I used to play about with the contrast etc but figured it was making me stress out too much and like you say if it’s positive you’ll see it 🤞🏼 That’s app sounds good though I like seeing peoples positives it gives me a weird hope and excitement for the day I’ll hopefully see mine 🤷🏼‍♀️ x

Reactions: 2
🙋‍♀️ I'd really love to have a look at your faint lines, especially if it helps you out. Considering that's what brought me to the thread in the first place. Maybe just post "spoiler" then post the tests so people have a chance to scroll by if they want to?

Reactions: 1
🙋‍♀️ I'd really love to have a look at your faint lines, especially if it helps you out. Considering that's what brought me to the thread in the first place. Maybe just post "spoiler" then post the tests so people have a chance to scroll by if they want to?
Aww thanks Louk. I’m delighted to say (after taking a couple more tests) it was a positive! However with my first test, I was genuinely unsure if it was an indent (which I’d never heard of before until I googled faint line) I will post my first test so you ladies have an idea of how it looked. This was at 12dpo. It’s very early days and I hope it sticks. I used Femometer to track my periods/bd days/cm etc and used CB OPKs (purple ones) to track ovulation. My early symptom (10dpo) was quite a heavy cm which kind of gushed out (sorry TMI I know) but this is what led me to test early as it was so different. My test at 10dpo was negative but started showing positive at 12dpo and was undeniably dark at 14dpo. And another symptom was very slight twinges in my lower abdomen (but they were very slight, only in hindsight I’m thinking of them).

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi ladies, I haven’t posted in a while but need some advice.

my period is a couple of days late, and I’m trying to figure out why.

I had my first (Pfizer) COVID vaccine on 19th June, and my next period was roughly on time (I’m usually around 28 days, but is typically 27-29 days), but I had some light spotting for 4 or 5 days before it started. My period does usually start with spotting, but normally either just the day before, or on the day if my period starts in the evening.

This cycle I was due on Wednesday (day 28) and I still haven’t started yet. I’ve had some light spotting for the last 3 days, but none of the real symptoms I’d usually get - not super headachy/crampy/emotional.

In my May/June cycle, I had a very early chemical pregnancy - my period arrived less than 48 hours after getting a faint positive.

I’ve also started exercising a bit more, nothing extreme, but I do a body pump class about 4/5 times a week.

I’m a bit anxious to get my next vaccine in case that’s what’s causing it. Has anyone else noticed disturbances to their period after the vaccine? How long did it take to right itself?

It hasn't happened me but I've heard of a few this has happened to i.e vaccine affecting menstrual cycle after the jab

I had my first (Pfizer) COVID vaccine on 19th June, and my next period was roughly on time (I’m usually around 28 days, but is typically 27-29 days), but I had some light spotting for 4 or 5 days before it started. My period does usually start with spotting, but normally either just the day before, or on the day if my period starts in the evening.

This cycle I was due on Wednesday (day 28) and I still haven’t started yet. I’ve had some light spotting for the last 3 days, but none of the real symptoms I’d usually get - not super headachy/crampy/emotional.

In my May/June cycle, I had a very early chemical pregnancy - my period arrived less than 48 hours after getting a faint positive.

I’ve also started exercising a bit more, nothing extreme, but I do a body pump class about 4/5 times a week.

I’m a bit anxious to get my next vaccine in case that’s what’s causing it. Has anyone else noticed disturbances to their period after the vaccine? How long did it take to right itself?
I haven’t had the vaccine myself but there have been a lot of women reporting issues with their cycle afterwards so it does seem to be a possible side effect. I hope it settles back down for you.

Aww thanks Louk. I’m delighted to say (after taking a couple more tests) it was a positive! However with my first test, I was genuinely unsure if it was an indent (which I’d never heard of before until I googled faint line) I will post my first test so you ladies have an idea of how it looked. This was at 12dpo. It’s very early days and I hope it sticks. I used Femometer to track my periods/bd days/cm etc and used CB OPKs (purple ones) to track ovulation. My early symptom (10dpo) was quite a heavy cm which kind of gushed out (sorry TMI I know) but this is what led me to test early as it was so different. My test at 10dpo was negative but started showing positive at 12dpo and was undeniably dark at 14dpo. And another symptom was very slight twinges in my lower abdomen (but they were very slight, only in hindsight I’m thinking of them).
I see it too!! It's very faint though, so 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Have you tried a pregnancy test?? 🤞 I had the Janssen vaccine last week but I think AF is coming ☹ I chose it because it's 1 shot and I didn't want my periods messed up, having read about that on here

I can see a very faint line 🤍 When did you do this test?

I had my first Pfizer vaccine mid June (just after my mc) and then my period came July 15th. I’m due on again next week so will be interested to see it affects it or not.

I cancelled my vaccine for tomorrow as we are trying really really hard this month & I don’t want it messing anything up. (I had covid unfortunately so I am protected now for 6 months)

• Heart
After my first Pfizer I had a really long and heavy AF to the point I was given norethisterone by the doctor to stop it. Had a normal period the cycle after and then I had my second dose whilst on my period and so far cycle seems as normal and gearing up for AF (unfortunately) 😢 can’t say for sure it was the vaccine but a strange coincidence if not!

• Sad
Hey everyone.. I don’t know if it’s right for me to post here as I’m not trying for a baby myself.. but my sister is and has been for about 16 months now.. my sister and I are super close so I hate seeing her so upset over everything, and also selfishly I really want to be an auntie so it almost feels like a loss for me too… ofcourse I would never voice this to her which is why I’m here because I just need to vent! Since January my sister has had 5 friends announce pregnancies, I have three friends who have got pregnant this year and have seen about 10 pregnancy announcements on Instagram from people I know and it leaves me feeling so sad whenever I see it (which makes me feel selfish especially as it’s not even me going through it) it all just seems so unfair and I’m also noticing how often people talk/ask about babies and pregnancy when they really shouldn’t! Anyway sorry to rant to you all!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So I went to the shop earlier and it was so HOT in there I was sweating.

Got to the till and the girl was fanning herself, I said oh it’s really hot in here isn’t it and she replied, “yeah even worse for me because I’m 5 months pregnant.”

Honestly I think my face must have dropped… I thought to myself, well I should be too. I couldn’t even respond to her, just paid and went and sat in my car and had a cry. Ridiculous really, it’s obviously not the poor girl’s fault, it’s just the tiniest thing like that will set me off 😞

Anyway moan over… hope you’re all doing well today xx

Edited to just add that I hope this doesn’t make me sound like a witch 🙁 just trying to explain how I feel

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17

Got to the till and the girl was fanning herself, I said oh it’s really hot in here isn’t it and she replied, “yeah even worse for me because I’m 5 months pregnant.”

Honestly I think my face must have dropped… I thought to myself, well I should be too. I couldn’t even respond to her, just paid and went and sat in my car and had a cry. Ridiculous really, it’s obviously not the poor girl’s fault, it’s just the tiniest thing like that will set me off 😞

Edited to just add that I hope this doesn’t make me sound like a witch 🙁 just trying to explain how I feel
Doesn’t make you sound like a witch at all! Sending you hugs xxx

Doesn’t make you sound like a witch at all!🤍

to be honest, when a patient comes in and announces they are pregnant, I stab it angrily into their medical history notes 🙈

period arrived today 🙄😫 premom seems to get it bang on each month… I’m going to use their predictions for ovulation I think.

I’m out until autumn/winter now anyway as my bf works away. I’ve got myself a glass of Prosecco!

• Heart
  • Sad

to be honest, when a patient comes in and announces they are pregnant, I stab it angrily into their medical history notes 🙈

period arrived today 🙄😫 premom seems to get it bang on each month… I’m going to use their predictions for ovulation I think.

I’m out until autumn/winter now anyway as my bf works away. I’ve got myself a glass of Prosecco!
That sucks, I was shocked when I once read that you only have 12 chances to get pregnant each year 😱😱you don't think of it like that but it's true!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
That sucks, I was shocked when I once read that you only have 12 chances to get pregnant each year 😱😱you don't think of it like that but it's true!
And yet so many people make it look so easy 💔

• Sad

I'm out too, took a FR test this morning, AF is due tomorrow, just couldn't wait but its a negative, we are booked in for an IUI in September so fingers crossed that works!

• Heart
Hi everyone. So I’ve been using clearblue ovulation tests now & ive had flashing smileys for 6 days now. Had to start a new pack this morning & it came up as low fertility the blank circle. Can it go from flashing to blank? Or is it a fault?
I tried another test with the old holder but it came up an error message.

Hi everyone. So I’ve been using clearblue ovulation tests now & ive had flashing smileys for 6 days now. Had to start a new pack this morning & it came up as low fertility the blank circle. Can it go from flashing to blank? Or is it a fault?
I tried another test with the old holder but it came up an error message.
A new holder will always be blank the first time you use it, you should continue to use the old holder (new sticks will work in it normally).

Tomorrow if you use the new holder again you will probs get a flashing face or static.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.