True Crime Podcasts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Started listening to this a few days ago and I'm a few episodes into S2. A very odd story. I have my own theory as to what happened, I wonder will the truth come out? I haven't googled any news articles yet.
Im listening to this one too, it’s such an odd case but heartbreaking to think of the little boy. You have to wonder how his mother could have lost him twice in space of (what seems like) 30 mins and didn’t chase directly after him in the broad light long enough for him to become completely lost. Was she intoxicated? Was she high? I really don’t think he wandered out there alone, the timeline/events around how he disappeared is so fuzzy.

Reactions: 5
Im listening to this one too, it’s such an odd case but heartbreaking to think of the little boy. You have to wonder how his mother could have lost him twice in space of (what seems like) 30 mins and didn’t chase directly after him in the broad light long enough for him to become completely lost. Was she intoxicated? Was she high? I really don’t think he wandered out there alone, the timeline/events around how he disappeared is so fuzzy.
I definitely think it was the step brother, the mother and other brother have covered it up! It’s all very suspicious and the fact that the mother has seemed to accept that he drowned even tho the evidence points otherwise.

Reactions: 3
I definitely think it was the step brother, the mother and other brother have covered it up! It’s all very suspicious and the fact that the mother has seemed to accept that he drowned even tho the evidence points otherwise.
I tend to agree, the mother is too accepting of the outcome.

I found it quite conflicting though - once I got to season 2 & heard her speak in court I couldn’t reconcile her obvious love & worry for her little boy and her potentially covering up any crime. But I guess she loved her older boys in the same way & would maybe do it for them. Insane case, so many failings by so many in authorities.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I highly recommend listening to Bed of Lies. Season two deals with the infected blood scandal and it really makes your jaw drop. Very well researched and put together. And before you ask - what happened was criminal and involved buying blood products from criminals who were shooting drugs and having unprotected sex next door to blood collection rooms. Absolutely appalling.
Just finished this… those poor people, and yet again big pharma just moves on with the money…

Reactions: 2
Not a Podcast but has anyone been watching Imposter on 4 about Nicholas Rossi? Absolutely fascinating and bonkers.

Not a Podcast but has anyone been watching Imposter on 4 about Nicholas Rossi? Absolutely fascinating and bonkers.
Yes! Just finished it.... Is the wife naive or completely in on it?

Yes! Just finished it.... Is the wife naive or completely in on it?
Absolutely in on it but I suspect he has totally brainwashed her. The recording of her voice as “Louise” at the end completely sealed it for me. And I’m always suspicious of people who close their eyes when they talk 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I literally just started a thread in tv and film after not finding one.
---

Just finished this… those poor people, and yet again big pharma just moves on with the money…
Except the pharmaceutical companies declared the risk but it was the British government and relevant institutions that decided to ‘forget’ about the warning and experiment on kids.

• Sad
Anyone that listened to The Teacher’s Pet, there’s a new one from the same journalist- “Bronwyn”
Thank you!!! I'm following it ready. Teachers pet is one of the best podcasts I've listened to. I was going to say I loved it, but that terminology seems wrong somehow as it made me cry I felt so much for that poor lady who everyone just accepted would leave her children.

Thank you!!! I'm following it ready. Teachers pet is one of the best podcasts I've listened to. I was going to say I loved it, but that terminology seems wrong somehow as it made me cry I felt so much for that poor lady who everyone just accepted would leave her children.
You can listen to it now on the Australian website. You have to create an account but it’s free. I’m on episode 2, the similarities with Lyn are scary.

• Heart

I’ve come here to recommend this excellent You Tube channel by a man who works in the criminal justice system. He seems to find out details that I’ve never heard before.

• Heart
Another podcast about Carrie Jade coming out June 7

Apparently she contacted the podcast creators to tell her (fictional) story about her health care experience in Ireland

It was a story with all the elements that every podcaster dreams of: a first-hand account from an articulate source; a relevant, captivating narrative and the possibility to improve the lives of others.

But there was a hitch…one important hitch: her whole story was fake.

• Wow
Another podcast about Carrie Jade coming out June 7

Apparently she contacted the podcast creators to tell her (fictional) story about her health care experience in Ireland

It was a story with all the elements that every podcaster dreams of: a first-hand account from an articulate source; a relevant, captivating narrative and the possibility to improve the lives of others.

But there was a hitch…one important hitch: her whole story was fake.
I started listening to that Carrie Jade and didn’t get into it - might give it another go.
The RTÉ podcasts are very good. Runaway Joe was excellent!

Reactions: 1
For any fans of The Missing Crypto Queen there seems to be an addition 4 days ago, plus a panorama episode available on bbc iplayer

I'm bored of Carrie Jade now. There's no back story to her, no motive for anything, just mindlessly scamming people, it's boring.

Listened to Betrayal, S3 is fucked up. I read a review that said the rest of the episodes are behind a paywall or something? Well, c'est la vie.

Listening to old eps of RedHanded now, came in handy as I listened to the Otto Warmbier and Kim Jung Nam episodes right before the latest one.