Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Deevee47

VIP Member
The live this morning was done late from the office- as she had to get across town and the traffic was bad.
So she just have moved as she walks from Charles’ home usually. she was alluding to lots of personal change but the interviewee talked over her so she didn’t get to speak about what she sounded like she wanted to.
She looks so tired. She’s had lots of time off social media recently- it’s all been recorded. I hope she’s taking time for herself as I imagine once the media get hold of her situation they’ll be all over it. She also said that Lyla has been suffering a lot of anxiety but is dealing with it. As a parent, we just want to fix our children so she’ll have that to deal with too.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
Lolling at how this should be in the rave threads, you really can’t fault her!

I honestly used to have such a wishful spending, shopping thing. She’s changed how I’ve looked at stuff, and made me shop more mindfully. I had a weird period where my body changed, I wasn’t a stick thin 20 yo any more and I didn’t really know what to do with that? I’ve always been into fashion and clothes, but just lost myself along the way!

Neighbourooney

I had no idea Trinny had a thread here! That’s disgusting behaviour about her daughter - good on Trinny for stopping it. As if being a teenage girl isn’t hard enough (especially now).
Yes 👏
I found it very upsetting as a mother myself to see. Grown adults bullying a teenager. It was horrific.

• Sad

BettyRizzo

I find also her approach to ageing rankles me . I’m 61 but I look and dress to be fashionable. I also try to stay active and ride my horse 4 times a week . However I had chemo for breast cancer and I have R A . Both sap energy and limit what I can do . Trinny should consider herself lucky that she can actually do all these exercise classes as some of us can’t . Staying fit and young looking is also down to good luck just as much as it is to self care .
You sound like an amazing person!

I agree with everything you say - I am a larger person who, medically, has alot of things going against them (thyroid, arthritis, autoimmune stuff etc) and I had to be exceptionally blunt with a previous boss who loved running and say "I physically can't run, my joints can't take it, please stop suggesting I start running."
I look after myself in many ways, but always prioritise mental health!

• Heart

Libertine

VIP Member
No one develops resilience if their mum is hovering to fix every tiny problem including a bit of homesickness.

• Heart

1plus3

I used to really enjoy Trinny but her content has gone downhill significantly in my view over the last year.

Her blatant, constant sales pitches are exhausting. Meanwhile her face morphs regularly and inexplicably.

Her talents - being personally authentic and styling in an interesting, creative way - seem pushed to the side. Disappointing.

Also I have to say, her content gets a bit repetitive? I mean, I follow her pretty much since the beginning of her makeup line, not everyone does that, and she wants to adress newer followers ad well. But after the 100th „cynch in your waist“/„wear sth with shoulder pads to give more structure „/„crop the trousers at ankle length“/„just wear a trouser under the dress“/„turn the dress from back to front“ it gets a bit boring. Maybe it’s time for me to say good bye. Or at least take a break.

I would say with BP to take all their RRPs with a huge punch of salt. I was a member for their first 5 years. It used to be fantastic value. If you enjoy the products, that's great, but I wouldn't believe their " you're saving millions of pounds" marketing.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Is anyone else creeped out by the Trinny Tribe Facebook page? I was just scrolling and a 20-something guy pops up in a crop top talking about how he's single and not going on the dating market. Ummm isn't that a bit odd to be sharing that with a bunch of 50-something ladies?
You don’t have to spend long in a FB group for women (whether it’s about make up, clothing brands, lifestyle, women’s health issues, bereavement etc) before you find some creep of a man worming his way in and expecting adulation.

• Sick
  • Heart
It seems to be a thing, almost a right of passage for people to attend university away from home in the UK. For those who can’t afford to go overseas they go to another city. Student loans are easy to obtain and they use this to pay for their accommodation. So maybe that is why there is such a push to have Lyla study abroad. It is kind of expected.
It's actually pretty rare to attend an overseas university as a UK student, unless it's a year abroad as part of the course. Even my richer friends studied in the UK. Accommodation costs can be so high here that student loans don't always cover it and they will have to be paid back eventually.

loubylou50

VIP Member
One of the worst things fashionwise she does for me is to wear crossbody bags like a necklace preschooler.
That really doesn’t go and doesn’t work?
What’s your most hated styling choice she does?
I’m really not keen on the ankle-swinging flared trousers that she wears a lot! She kind of pulls them off, but I know on me they’d just look like I’d bought the wrong length trousers 🤣 and I just can’t get past that thought!

Nancy Knows

Chatty Member
Yup. In my hood. I am not in that AA / NA gang but so many people around here are. You see them on Sunday mornings going to the big big A lister meeting of the week. Good for her though. Keeps her clean although the addicts usually find another addiction - hers is clothes and aesthetic nonsense to her face. Shopping is a common one as is exercise because it can be normalised.

OnlyPassingThrough

She has said she uses Zara a lot because it's such a global brand, and she has a global following vs putting out info / recommendations and people NOT being able to consider it around the world.

smurphette

VIP Member
There’s something NQR about it. It’s the only content of Trinny’s I don’t watch. From the clips, a lot of it seems to be predicated on Trinny’s taste which I don’t always love.
In the clip for the latest she says that skinny jeans are old fashioned. Sigh. I know all the fashion editors are trying to say that, but 1. it took effort for me to fit into them and 2. My body type is very different to hers (under 5ft and have muscle) so I'll just wear them anyway, I think.

50sGirl

VIP Member
That was well done. Obviously tricky territory navigate but lucid, sensitive, and - dare I say - with a woman's touch.
Tbh before I watched it I thought it was going to just be another “box ticking” exercise.
I was pleasantly surprised.
Skyler works for Trinny so I thought it was a lovely thing for her to do for her employee and was sensitively done too.
Skyler gave me Carrie Bradshaw vibes in the reveal.

What I also really enjoy about her is her maximalism and her extravaganza, as I’m bored by basics most of the time as well, and love to have options in my wardrobe.

Deevee47

VIP Member
I don’t believe that she took investment from him, she did however get some fabulous gifts along the way (Tiffany’s cuff’s (plural) that she’s discussed and she seemed to really appreciate his counsel and fortitude. She’s been with him 10 years so not a flash in the pan as they say.
anyway I could be wrong, it’s just a hunch but it feels like it could well be the situation. She knows the press will be ALL over it if it’s the case so I’d say that would weigh heavily too.
I wish her well and hope she’s ok too. Must be mega hard being in the public eye at times- not all it’s cracked up to be.
I hope she's ok, between today's caption and mentioning heavy lifting, a lot of changes, hoping to feel settled... I hope everything she got from that old man (he's 80) was a lot of good stuff like money, investment, etc.

• Heart

helenhighwater

I have to say that I’m finding Friday twinning a bit boring now and I gave up watching it a while ago. It doesn’t do much for me in the way of inspiration.

Albee

VIP Member
Discovered her again recently when I was feeling nostalgic about WNTW. I like the idea of the makeup but £39 for a tinted moisturiser?! The packaging doesn't look good quality. I balked at £30 for Estee Lauder Doublewear 10 years ago.

I have been enjoying the Takeover videos, although I wish they'd stop using Zara. The participants do end up in some nice outfits, but they're rarely practical. Who is actually wearing a brightly patterned head-to-toe polyester suit regularly? I don't know if it's considered old fashioned now, but I still think the advice about dressing for your body shape and creating balance in an outfit is sensible and flattering. Most of these people would be better off with a capsule wardrobe than these statement outfits.
I hate Zara. Very few items i buy there actually give me my money worth.wear them once or twice. I’m not interested in anything that will combust at the sight of a flame. You will notice Trinny does not really wear Zara in her day to day life. It’s all for show. She prefers brands.

• Heart