Travel Vloggers and VanLifers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Blimey Louise (campervibe) camping in that haunted wood on her own, I'd have left after hearing footsteps!!!

Reactions: 4
Blimey Louise (campervibe) camping in that haunted wood on her own, I'd have left after hearing footsteps!!!
Maybe years of Youtuber shenanigans has made me too much of a cynic, but I kept wondering how much of it was real and how much staged. This was the local forest of the town she grew up in and still lives, so her not knowing about the ghost stories and myths seemed unbelievable to me and was just too perfect of a storyline for a video that wouldn't have been much of anything otherwise.

Reactions: 1
Maybe years of Youtuber shenanigans has made me too much of a cynic, but I kept wondering how much of it was real and how much staged. This was the local forest of the town she grew up in and still lives, so her not knowing about the ghost stories and myths seemed unbelievable to me and was just too perfect of a storyline for a video that wouldn't have been much of anything otherwise.
I understand what you mean, there's alot of wasters and just playing up to the camera,,but I live in hope this one is genuine!!!

I understand what you mean, there's alot of wasters and just playing up to the camera,,but I live in hope this one is genuine!!!
I don't even mean it as an attack on Louise or see it as a big deal, but I've just noticed that she transitioned from vlogging to storytelling these last months. She obviously plans the video content beforehand and then films accordingly to fit the story she wants to tell and I think that's what happened with the camping vlog too.
In my opinion, she knew about the ghost stories all along and just thought it would make a fun video and then filmed noises that fit the narrative, maybe spooked herself in the process even because forests at night are unpredictable and sketchy.

Reactions: 2
I don't even mean it as an attack on Louise or see it as a big deal, but I've just noticed that she transitioned from vlogging to storytelling these last months. She obviously plans the video content beforehand and then films accordingly to fit the story she wants to tell and I think that's what happened with the camping vlog too.
In my opinion, she knew about the ghost stories all along and just thought it would make a fun video and then filmed noises that fit the narrative, maybe spooked herself in the process even because forests at night are unpredictable and sketchy.
Well if this is true then she tells and films a damn good story, I was on the edge of my seat. 10/10 for entertainment, irrespective of the truth behind it.

Reactions: 3
I didn't know she was likely to know the woods, which does put a slightly different spin on it.
She's still very brave though, I know I wouldn't do it alone. I enjoy seeing a solo woman getting out there and showing it can be done.
Storytelling it may be but I also love the little jokes, like stealing the biscuits and candles from Emily's stash.

I didn't know she was likely to know the woods, which does put a slightly different spin on it.
She's still very brave though, I know I wouldn't do it alone. I enjoy seeing a solo woman getting out there and showing it can be done.
Storytelling it may be but I also love the little jokes, like stealing the biscuits and candles from Emily's stash.
Yeah, no way I'd do it alone either and I wonder if she has something for self-defense on her. Not just for strangers or animals approaching her, but also because they've talked about stalkers following them around and viewers showing up at their house.
I wouldn't mind more wild camping content, the video where she spends 2 days with her friend on that scenic hike was one of my favorites. I do wonder how legal that is in the UK though, because you'd have to pay huge fines in my country if you got caught.

She was on Dartmoor with the friend, which is the only place in England (and Wales I think, diff in Scotland) where wild camping is legal. There are rules though, like you have to be a certain distance from a road, no fires. But there is a landowner trying to get that right taken away.
However, lots of people wild camp in hilly areas in the UK. It's tolerated if you are respectful and discrete i.e leave no trace (including toilet paper, bury poo etc). It's generally tolerated if it's obvious you are walking and hiking with a tiny tent or bivvy.
Not van life but I like Liam Browns videos. He does lots of walking trails and wild camping vlogs, in the UK and Europe.

• Heart
I really don’t understand why she stayed on an extra night if she was that frightened or at least could have gone back to her van to sleep in more safety. If it is true then she’s braver than me I reckon.

She was on Dartmoor with the friend, which is the only place in England (and Wales I think, diff in Scotland) where wild camping is legal. There are rules though, like you have to be a certain distance from a road, no fires. But there is a landowner trying to get that right taken away.
However, lots of people wild camp in hilly areas in the UK. It's tolerated if you are respectful and discrete i.e leave no trace (including toilet paper, bury poo etc). It's generally tolerated if it's obvious you are walking and hiking with a tiny tent or bivvy.
Not van life but I like Liam Browns videos. He does lots of walking trails and wild camping vlogs, in the UK and Europe.
Thanks, for taking the time to explain UK laws. Not that I think Louise would ever film herself breaking them, she's obviously very conscious of her role model function and often talks about the littering problems caused by tourism too.

Just subscribed to Liam Brown, I'm always looking for hiking channel recommendations.

I find the Roaming radfords like to let people know that they can afford expensive cars, MH, trips to USA etc. I used to like them but I think they have become very smug and are very cliquey with some of the other van lifers. And I think they like to think they are at the top of the clique.
Love Camper Vibe, Liam The Terrible, Ex Pawers and the Rolling Rucks.
I don’t mind Kinging It - I don’t watch them all the time just now and again.

Lost in Transit are the ones whose content I'm looking forward to the most because it's the kind of travel I like to do myself. Find them annoying as people at times, but who isn't.

Looking forward to Overlanding Sophia finally leaving the US and start the interesting part of their trip down to Patagonia. I think they're quite smart in how they travel but it's really grating to watch them talk over and interrupt each other constantly.

Love Camper Vibe and I'm looking forward to all their trips, hope their success won't change them.

Really enjoy Kinging it when they're just being themselves like on their Vietnam series but I have zero interest in their luxury accommodation content or them hanging out on a private yacht with their millionaire friends.

Just found Travel Beans as suggested by the algorithm... how responsible do we think they are given that she is heavily pregnant?

I really like travel beans. Emma converted the van pretty much by herself and does most of the driving. She showed herself in the hot tub (tug) thing but said she was following the medical advice. She's pregnant, but appears to be having a trouble free pregnancy. What is she doing that is irresponsible? I love that she's still travelling personally and they've done some really interesting things.
There is the issue that they are self employed and they will need to take time out once baby is here when earnings will take a hit, so they do need to maximise earning potential now.

I really like travel beans. Emma converted the van pretty much by herself and does most of the driving. She showed herself in the hot tub (tug) thing but said she was following the medical advice. She's pregnant, but appears to be having a trouble free pregnancy. What is she doing that is irresponsible?
I meant more about plans if she goes into labour etc in a foreign country.. they do look quite well off though so am assuming the medical costs would have been considered

I meant more about plans if she goes into labour etc in a foreign country.. they do look quite well off though so am assuming the medical costs would have been considered
I think they'll move into their new flat soon and won't travel until the baby is due. Ever since their RV blew up, they've quadrupled their views, so I understand why they keep going because they're making a lot of money at the moment. They also said they won't film their home life, so they will miss out on a lot of income for quite a while. They must be nervous about viewers sticking around until they can travel again.

Just found Travel Beans as suggested by the algorithm... how responsible do we think they are given that she is heavily pregnant?
I don’t doubt they are following medical advice, but living in a van during the winter in a foreign country just reads as acting riskier than necessary.

• Heart
Hey so happy to have found this thread. I'm a summer part time van lifer minus the youtube channel!

I love Campervibe. I just love how they still have their house, Emily works on the road and put out some great videos. Their Norway trip was unbelievable, so much so I'm off there this summer!

I enjoy the expawers too, though much prefer their European blogs to the UK ones! They are defo more suited to better weather!

Overlanding Sophia is another favourite, love their van! Excited to see South America, the US has been a little boring and repetitive due to watching Tread the Globe who are a few months ahead of them on a similar route.

As mentioned above Tread the Globe, I do like them but sometimes they get on my nerves! I generally binge watch their vids, leave them for a few weeks then watch again!

Chapter by chapter/Phillly and Keely. I have enjoyed seeing Japan, a country I would love to go to.

Courts and Meeks - I love them! Tunisia is turning out to be some trip! It's different from your normal European vlogs. So interesting to see the country too.

I also watch Keiron and Alice. They too have converted a van like the green monster from THD but they don't seem to have the same problems! I enjoy their videos too.

Someone mentioned Our Van Tales....I'm half n half on those two at the moment. They seem lovely and I love Andys obsession with Lidl chocolate brownies but there is something that's niggles me and i don't know what it is!

As you can may tell, I watch alot of channels! There are others too but the above are my favourites which I watch most weeks.

---

Forgot to say......did anyone go to vanlife festival last year at Stratford? Many of the youtubers were there and my little boy kept pointing them out like they are celebs! Had a nosey in a few of their vans too!

Roaming Radfords are just too big for their boots. Those poor boys clearly don't want to be there and give it another year, the youngest will want to be out of the blogs too. They want to fit in with the vanlifers and be a young 20 something but it doesn't work when your mid 40s??? With a massive motorhome and all the latest tech and gadgets. They are the grandparents of the vanlife community! However they did provide some good entertainment at the festival with Liam the terrible, Darren urban motorhome and someone else I can't remember.....never laughed so much!

Last edited: