Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

noseyqueen14

Chatty Member
I wonder if it gets mentioned in the newer series , there's that many little storylines going you forget about some things.

The young kid who sully looks after in summerhouse is the one who dies in the fire in the new series , is that right?
Yes 😭😭 poor kid

• Sad
Reactions: 1
We watched blue story to fill the top boy void but it was a load of crap , had Jamie and 1 or 2 others in it (different characters though)
I watched this. It was alright at best. Good acting but the storyline wasn’t great although I guess quite believable

🥵🥵

although the dinosaur/ flint stone teeth wasn’t doing it for me. I’ve loved Kano since I was about 14 and brown eyes came out. How have I never noticed them 🤣.
Cos he’s always brooding and not smiling 😂😂 🥵

the temptation to click the spoilers, bloody kids taking up my evenings 😂😂 hoping to get through a couple of episodes tonight!

I feel like I enjoyed the new series but agree when you look back there was a lot of 'a random group of knobheads appear' filler stuff, whereas the previous series it has seemed like a better balance where even the stuff not related to the main story moves it forward in some way.

I may have missed it due to being interrupted whilst watching but
was there not any reaction to the undercover cops being revealed besides D seeing them in court?

Leo100

VIP Member
So just finished summerhouse (already seen newer series just watched in wrong order)

Do we not see how Sully ends up in prison and why Dushane goes to Jamaica?

Or is that mentioned at the beginning of the new series and I've forgot?

I think I expected to see more on summerhouse I guess , seemed to end in the middle of no where almost

cococookie

Chatty Member
I did think of it but wondered where she would get the gun from and it was a pretty slick killing not what I would expect from her with the swag in the walk and how did she know he killed Kieron?
She could have spoke to Mandy? Jaq went into the community centre and Mandy was there, she asked Mandy if she saw Kieron I think

coconochanel

VIP Member
Definitely! Make sure to watch Top Boy Summerhouse first (s1 and s2). It's the original, made by channel 4. Netflix took over (s3 and now 4) and their version is just called Top Boy. Just make sure you watch the channel 4 version first! I've had friends make the mistake of watching the Netflix one first and missing the first 2 seasons lol xx
Ok thanks for telling me.

coconochanel

VIP Member
When can we stop doing spoilers? I think tomorrow… it would be out a week then if you haven’t watched it by then it’s on you 🤣🤣🤣 @coconochanel managed to watch four seasons in a week ffs!

yes there has to be another season with the heart stuff, I wonder if it’s been announced yet. I hope that drake fucks off out of it now though, it was great to have his backing to get it onto Netflix but they really don’t need him. And I bet he’s responsible for the overuse of the slang and all the dramatics. He seems like the type to get over excited lol. Back to the heart stuff, my bet is that Dushane will be in a coma and sully has to step up, but he fucks it all and Jac saves the day, considering how much they focused on her this season. Dushane wakes up sully disappears again for a bit and they make Jac “Top Girl” - gender inclusivity and all that!
This was my question to my OH 'why is it Top Boy why cant a there be a rival gang with a girl being the Top Girl?' I think Dushane will have a heart attack while in the middle of a gang beating or something

Warpaint

VIP Member
So just finished summerhouse (already seen newer series just watched in wrong order)

Do we not see how Sully ends up in prison and why Dushane goes to Jamaica?

Or is that mentioned at the beginning of the new series and I've forgot?

I think I expected to see more on summerhouse I guess , seemed to end in the middle of no where almost
I think Ch4 axed it which is why Netflix took it on.

TheDuchessx

Chatty Member
I've always thought both Kano and Ashley Walters were almost on par with each other in terms of acting, but I found Ashley quite weak this series. Not sure if it was because Dushane's storyline was really clumsy and I agree his chemistry with Shelley was absolutely non-existent. There was a lawyer in the 2nd series of Top Boy Summerhouse that he had soooooooo much more chemistry with.

It defo wasn't the best series and had lots of holes and pointless bits but I still really enjoyed it and absolutely loved the ending. I agree it's not really important who killed Sully, there's so many people who had the motive. The message is about the inevitable consequences of living that life.
Agree that DuShane was a little lost this season. Love the Shelley actor but agree the chemistry with the lawyer brought out Ashley’s acting and was more enjoyable to watch.

I think some of the actors perhaps didn’t want to return because what happened to Tia?
I actually liked that Tia just vanished with no explanation unless I have forgotten something. Children from backgrounds like Tia’s often vanish as they get moved from their home during school hours with no warning. We have social media now but even in the 90s you would never see your neighbours again if this happened. They just got pulled out of lessons and you sometimes never saw them again.

boring bird

Yeh there’s absolutely no way she would have done that….even in grief. She would also know it was a death sentence. She could have simply retired from the game and lived happily ever after with Becks and the baby (who she will never know was named after her 🥹)
When did she name the baby Jaq? I missed that bit.

Those scousers proper played the part of creepy physco control freaks amazing , Curtis was sinister as fuck!!!
He really is, and the sister too, what a bitch!! Second to last episode for me now, been avoiding spoilers all over the place but I’m not having a good feeling about Jamie’s fate I must say 😔

Its_Me

VIP Member
Agree that DuShane was a little lost this season. Love the Shelley actor but agree the chemistry with the lawyer brought out Ashley’s acting and was more enjoyable to watch.

I actually liked that Tia just vanished with no explanation unless I have forgotten something. Children from backgrounds like Tia’s often vanish as they get moved from their home during school hours with no warning. We have social media now but even in the 90s you would never see your neighbours again if this happened. They just got pulled out of lessons and you sometimes never saw them again.
Yeh that’s true there was a lot of that when I was younger but it’s a TV series we’re not really supposed to just assume things (unless it’s who shot Sully) maybe if they had discussed it even in passing then it would have suitably highlighted such an issue and made sense. After the ending I fully expected her to be part of the new series but she was replaced with Erin.

Warpaint

VIP Member
I’m

OMG I forgot about Pebbles. That was ridiculous. Would she ever take off that bloody coat.
I’d have liked to see more of a relationship develop between Sully and his neighbour on the barge, and him battling his demons
Yeah even her name was annoying! Her popping up was all just one massive drawn out plot device to get Sully back onside. The barge woman wasn't a massively interesting filler character either I didn't think - a bit too whimsical. It kind of just seems Sully and DuShane are back at square one again. Fall out, make up, brothers for life, then Sully will do something to upset the balance and they make another series out of it.