Tom Hiddleston #5 The Red Sweater Diaries

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As far as I know he was never with Jessica Chastain- I believe she was in a relationship with someone else when they filmed Crimson Peak. Elizabeth Olsen was never confirmed (I believe they had a brief affair, in fact based on the timeline it seems she actually left her fiance for him) but that was for I Saw the Light. Neither of these were connected to Disney. I think it actually benefitted them much more to have Tom as the eternal attainable bachelor (the internet's boyfriend, similar to Benedict) which is why people went insane when he appeared with Taylor.

That makes a lot of sense as far as maintaining a more wholesome appeal. It's interesting how some are able to slip under the radar, such as Jeremy Renner who had a big custody scandal that even involved drugs and potential violence against his ex wife, but they are still employing him and he has a show coming out. Additionally Sebastian Stan does not exactly have a squeaky clean image and even posted his nude behind on his instagram.

What do you think of Tom Holland and Zendaya?
That's what I mean. Actors are often used to look themselves more intensively in the eye and to be seen together to promote the film, series or theatre. Whether they actually have a relationship or not does not matter. Hollywood only thinks of money!

Sorry another man:)
If I get such gifts, I would also like to work with this man:love:

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 3
That's interesting. Can you say more?
I can as worked in the industry. Most will be told what they can or can't do including things they can't get involved or comment on in public. A lot will also be told what types of clothes they can or cannot wear etc. For women they will be told that they can't cut their hair short, sunbeds, cosmetic surgery etc. I do also know of one where the stars were asked not to attend a burlesque night, as it wouldn't be in keeping with the image.

Reactions: 2
That's what I mean. Actors are often used to look themselves more intensively in the eye and to be seen together to promote the film, series or theatre. Whether they actually have a relationship or not does not matter. Hollywood only thinks of money!

I LOVE Keanu, he is such a good man who has been through a lot. Not the best actor on the planet but thoroughly entertaining. He had to deal with a ton of crap for his partner, she was harassed quite a bit.

I can as worked in the industry. Most will be told what they can or can't do including things they can't get involved or comment on in public. A lot will also be told what types of clothes they can or cannot wear etc. For women they will be told that they can't cut their hair short, sunbeds, cosmetic surgery etc. I do also know of one where the stars were asked not to attend a burlesque night, as it wouldn't be in keeping with the image.
Yes about the hair- I remember Shannen Doherty on 90210 purposely cut her hair while filming a finale so that they'd have to reshoot everything, it was out of spite since she was leaving. It also makes me think of the issues between Charisma Carpenter and Joss Whedon during Angel, both with her hair and pregnancy that she supposedly hid from production (I do NOT know if that's true or not).

Chris Evans' d*ck pic is also not so hard to find ;)
Oh uh I just remembered I need to...step out for a second. To look something up. Not that. Something unrelated..

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Chris Evans' d*ck pic is also not so hard to find ;)
That one was after his contract was over, was it not?
That makes a lot of sense as far as maintaining a more wholesome appeal. It's interesting how some are able to slip under the radar, such as Jeremy Renner who had a big custody scandal that even involved drugs and potential violence against his ex wife, but they are still employing him and he has a show coming out. Additionally Sebastian Stan does not exactly have a squeaky clean image and even posted his nude behind on his instagram.
By the time Renner's divorce happened, his contract with Disney was already signed so they had to follow the 'damage control' protocol.
When it came to drugs and alcoholism, most of the stories came OUT when the divorce proceedings started though he is a known user and has been for a long time.
RDJ had also a less-than squeaky clean image but his contract with Marvel was signed PRE- Disney take over and he was already clean and in a straighten arrow by then.
Sebastian Cancellation started right after he broke up with Leighton Meester, during his GG era and got 'cancelled' again because of his now girlfriend.
All and all, those things can be covered by the PR-Damage control team.
Yup, this two...although cosmetic surgeries may not be in the contract, they are sometimes encouraged.
Some people are 'forced' to play the character of their movie / tv show in their private life when going out, for example. I don't know how valid that is since I read it online but Kayley Cuoco was to dress like Penny in the very early days of TBBT

Last edited:
Hugh Jackman buys lottery tickets for each member of the cast every Friday. I believe it is a thing since he first started and it has brought him luck ever since. But as far as I know, nobody ever won anything big :D

As for Renner....I somehow never really liked him that much, he was here at a film festival and while he was nice to fans, he was really rude to journalists. And they were not tabloid, they did not ask personal questions but apparently he even came late a few times....so, he is a weird animal. I would be curious about his contract....if he signed a new one for the show, it could include some subsequent apperances as well so he may be "safe", unless there is some other clause in the contract.
And btw., as far as I know, it is not Disney, Marvel had this even before Disney bought them - including long term contracts and not much money for the "no names" (we know who these were :D )

• Heart
And btw., as far as I know, it is not Disney, Marvel had this even before Disney bought them - including long term contracts and not much money for the "no names" (we know who these were :D )
I don't know how far that would go, like I read online that Sebastian only got paid 50K for his appearance on the 1st Captain America Movie. He wasn't such a big name but he did have some titles under his belt by then

Reactions: 1
I don't know how far that would go, like I read online that Sebastian only got paid 50K for his appearance on the 1st Captain America Movie. He wasn't such a big name but he did have some titles under his belt by then
RDJ got about 500 thousand for first IM I think. I guess they all had to "earn" the money.

RDJ got about 500 thousand for first IM I think. I guess they all had to "earn" the money.
Wasn't pay the reason they recast Rhodes in IM? There is a salary list out there published as I remember seeing it and Tom was on it as well.

Wasn't pay the reason they recast Rhodes in IM? There is a salary list out there published as I remember seeing it and Tom was on it as well.
Yes, I think there was an article where Terrence Howard complained that RDJ got his money in the second movie (he had about a million for the first one). I, for one, think that Don Cheadle is a better choice and a better actor but I think this has long time been disputed by many fans. MCU is known for 99% of casting getting right so the few hick ups from the beginnings are already forgotten (honestly, who remembers their Hulk movie?)
You really can´t blame Tom or anybody else for sticking with MCU, while doing some smaller projects (or even theater) aside. It means, among others, a stable paycheck but really, the fame coming with it is huge. If it is a good or a bad thing, I think every actor has to work this out for himself (or herself). Tom is almost universally loved while poor Brie Larson still gets it right and left for no apparent reason so going into it is a big risk for every actor.
It is sweet from Tom that he welcomes all "newbies" with open arms (and warnings :D )

Yes, I think there was an article where Terrence Howard complained that RDJ got his money in the second movie (he had about a million for the first one). I, for one, think that Don Cheadle is a better choice and a better actor but I think this has long time been disputed by many fans. MCU is known for 99% of casting getting right so the few hick ups from the beginnings are already forgotten (honestly, who remembers their Hulk movie?)
You really can´t blame Tom or anybody else for sticking with MCU, while doing some smaller projects (or even theater) aside. It means, among others, a stable paycheck but really, the fame coming with it is huge. If it is a good or a bad thing, I think every actor has to work this out for himself (or herself). Tom is almost universally loved while poor Brie Larson still gets it right and left for no apparent reason so going into it is a big risk for every actor.
It is sweet from Tom that he welcomes all "newbies" with open arms (and warnings :D )
I also much prefer Don Cheadle in this role. I don't mind Terrance Howard in other things but he feels a little too mean and Don is much more lighthearted- his humor fits Rhodes so well. Imagine Terrance making those sarcastic jokes in endgame like "So he's an idiot" regarding Quill. It fits so much better as Don. Plus Don and Tom have one of my favorite "bts" interactions during Infinity War press:

Favorite moments are: James saying he got lost in Tom's eyes at 0:40, Tom protecting himself from the sun using Benedict's scarf at 5:46 (Benedict confirms this in a separate interview), 8:46 Mackie singing his heart out, and 8:50 Tom and Don singing while staring into each other's eyes, and most importantly 9:25 when Don belts it out and Tom looks terribly amused. :love: :love: Sorry I basically just listed the whole video.

Favorite moments are: James saying he got lost in Tom's eyes at 0:40, Tom protecting himself from the sun using Benedict's scarf at 5:46 (Benedict confirms this in a separate interview), 8:46 Mackie singing his heart out, and 8:50 Tom and Don singing while staring into each other's eyes, and most importantly 9:25 when Don belts it out and Tom looks terribly amused. :love: :love: Sorry I basically just listed the whole video.
OMG, I haven´t seen this one! That is so hilarious :D Especially the comic book shop part :D I love the "Only the one who has been in three movies and more...Tom?" :D

That promo tour must have been really weird for Tom, though. He knew he was in Infinity War like five minutes, died before opening title but he also already knew there will be a Loki show at that time. It must have been terribly confusing and to keep all those secrets for so long! He was not the only one, of course, but he just seems to have a lot of information ahead. Maybe because they now know he doesn´t say anything...or he says everything in a very smart way :D

OMG, I haven´t seen this one! That is so hilarious :D Especially the comic book shop part :D I love the "Only the one who has been in three movies and more...Tom?" :D

That promo tour must have been really weird for Tom, though. He knew he was in Infinity War like five minutes, died before opening title but he also already knew there will be a Loki show at that time. It must have been terribly confusing and to keep all those secrets for so long! He was not the only one, of course, but he just seems to have a lot of information ahead. Maybe because they now know he doesn´t say anything...or he says everything in a very smart way :D
Yes it must have been so awkward and maybe even painful for him to do all these IW promos knowing he doesn't even make it to the movie title on the screen. There's an interview he did (I think in Korea) where the interviewer asked him how his relationship with Thor was throughout the movie and he has to skillfully navigate the answers. It makes me sad for him but I am also fairly certain by this time he knew he was getting a Loki spinoff, or shortly after, so at least he knew he had something more coming!

Back at quoting you here, my friend!
When people speak out of their asses and have no proof of what they are saying, it usually strikes a nerve.
Of course that I'm not excusing these type of behavior under NO circumstances.
Also, you have to take into consideration that this person was 'playing' with the perception of Thomas certain people have of him.
For me, particularly, I find it extremely hard to believe that he is a plain asshole nor I believe he is the perfect Disney prince either.
What's the point of putting yourself on the 'Knight in shinny armor' persona and defend someone's honor when you know crap about the real him? It's bullshit and pointless.
He is a big boy and I bet he can fend for himself.
I'm starting to become a little more suspicious when people say they are being bullied online.

Does it happen? Absolutely, no doubt about it, and it's tit. Don't do it. We all know super-fans can take things to another level, and I don't know WTF they think they are achieving.

However! I've also seen people say some questionable things, and when they get called out on it they complain about being bullied. Unfortunately it's really easy to dog-pile someone, even unintentionally ... but if you're going to say something about someone who has a reputation for being nice most of the time, well.

The original implication from the usher was Tom didn't want staff talking to him. Now it's "Oh, that was a rule by my boss". Why not say that in the first place?

For what it's worth, I came across few tiktoks of people talking about how their experience with meeting him at the London Comic Con was and they were all head over heals. He was kind, considerate, took time, effort, remembered people if they took a photo or an autograph the day before, the smiling, the eye contact. Of course it's his job and he's uberprofessional, but he could do the bare minimum (smile, say hi, thank you, next) and that would be perfectly ok, but he definately made it worth the money. And for me that's the best indication of what kind of human he is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
So, when is the next paparazzi stroll? Or we are waiting for TES to start airing?

Too bad he didn't use Comic Con excuse to return to social media. Even reposting Sophia's photo would be well accepted.

I second to this. At least from my experience. Surely, it is not Hollywood here.

However, there is other side to it. Celebrities will deny doing cosmetic surgery even it is obvious they did. Also, they will promote the worst garbage product if they are paid to do so. Stories in gossip magazines are selling issues but also 'selling' the celebrity. It is fake world in which it is hard to distinguish what is real and what's not.

Sorry for double post. I found Clara's comment interesting.

Last edited:
For the twitter person and the "Tom is a nice guy thing". At the theater, there is also a normal chain of workers. It is a work place as any. So technically, Tom as an actor has above him people (like director, producer) but he is also this person´s boss. So whatever he asks for, unless it is not something inappropriate, the employee should follow. And to ask not to be disturbed while working sounds actually as a pretty reasonable request to me.
So basically she is complaing about her boss. If this was a normal company, you could get fired for this because this is no reason to complain.

Also, Tom is a big boy, I am pretty sure he doesn´t need anybody to defend his honor :D

Reactions: 4
I'm starting to become a little more suspicious when people say they are being bullied online.

Does it happen? Absolutely, no doubt about it, and it's tit. Don't do it. We all know super-fans can take things to another level, and I don't know WTF they think they are achieving.

However! I've also seen people say some questionable things, and when they get called out on it they complain about being bullied. Unfortunately it's really easy to dog-pile someone, even unintentionally ... but if you're going to say something about someone who has a reputation for being nice most of the time, well.

The original implication from the usher was Tom didn't want staff talking to him. Now it's "Oh, that was a rule by my boss". Why not say that in the first place?
Definitely this. I'm not saying that the person was lying or purposely misleading or that they weren't bullied. I don't think Tom is some perfect infallible human. For me based on what other people have said about him he is generally very nice to work with. My feeling is that this person didn't necessarily have the best experience with the "house manager" or whoever oversaw their part of the staff, and they couldn't say whether Tom was friendly or not because they didn't have much opportunity to interact with him.

That being said, when you say things in such a vague manner and potentially threaten the reputation of a beloved star, people are going to come for you. Is it okay to do? Of course not, no one deserves to be harassed. But as @Awry said, if a whole bunch of people start messaging you at once even if it isn't necessarily bullying it can feel like it because you become overwhelmed. Then they had to backtrack and be more specific. It's my opinion that if you're going to open up an ama type format on your social about someone you know is popular, be prepared to either- be very clear in your answers and accept the consequences, or don't approach it because you know fans are crazy. I personally would never use my main social to talk about any celebrity because even if you're not saying anything offensive, fans are crazy, especially in this age of cancel culture.

People seek attention. And followers. They would say just about anything to gain it. That is why I am skeptical each time something like that is posted. Also, why posting it now? Those are recent tweets, right?

This „ hands in the pocket“ new thing
I would like to see the other angle of this photo. Are those two are making a selfie?. Is he supposed to be in the photo? How far behind he really stands? One photo can tell dozen different tales.