Tom Hiddleston #5 The Red Sweater Diaries

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello! Long time lurker on this thread, first time poster.

Don’t know if Bobby was there but there was a dog that looked a lot like Bobby at MCM London. It was a working dog with a handler.

Reactions: 3
Maybe the original person who said Bobby was there saw that dog? Only one person seems to have said he was there. Someone else asked security

Maybe the original person who said Bobby was there saw that dog? Only one person seems to have said he was there. Someone else asked security
It wouldn’t surprise me. The dog I saw was being walked around the Con floor all day for the three days it was open.

It wouldn’t surprise me. The dog I saw was being walked around the Con floor all day for the three days it was open.
Welcome! Did you enjoy the con? What was your experience of Tom (did you take pictures get autograph etc)?

I found this instagram called TheBroadwayUsher who worked during the run of Betrayal and they have been answering questions today. Based on their tone in certain questions it sounds like Charlie and Zawe were much more friendly and Tom kept to himself. She (or he?) even said there was a rule about talking to him so most people didn't approach him because they didn't want to get fired. This majorly surprised me because most accounts of working with/for Tom are very positive and it's a little diva-ish to have a rule that staff couldn't talk to him. I wonder if he or higher ups did it because he was being bothered by people?

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I know this video was here somewhere but it is still nice. I guess Kevin Feige is watching, thinking where to send Tom next :D

On another note, I do hope TES release date will be known soon, hopefully followed by some official photos, trailer and promotion.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Welcome! Did you enjoy the con? What was your experience of Tom (did you take pictures get autograph etc)?
Thank you! Sadly, I was there for work so I didn’t have a chance to meet/take pictures with him. I did meet a lot of people who did and they all said the same thing - he was charming, lovely, polite, asked them how they were, if they were enjoying the con etc.

Met a few of the Loki cosplayers he surprised and they were all thrilled, it was lovely to see. One girl was close to tears.

Some guests hang around the con, some sneak in, do their stuff and sneak right out again. I get the impression Tom is the latter.

Thank you! Sadly, I was there for work so I didn’t have a chance to meet/take pictures with him. I did meet a lot of people who did and they all said the same thing - he was charming, lovely, polite, asked them how they were, if they were enjoying the con etc.

Met a few of the Loki cosplayers he surprised and they were all thrilled, it was lovely to see. One girl was close to tears.

Some guests hang around the con, some sneak in, do their stuff and sneak right out again. I get the impression Tom is the latter.
As I said, he's just doing his job

I found this instagram called TheBroadwayUsher who worked during the run of Betrayal and they have been answering questions today. Based on their tone in certain questions it sounds like Charlie and Zawe were much more friendly and Tom kept to himself. She (or he?) even said there was a rule about talking to him so most people didn't approach him because they didn't want to get fired. This majorly surprised me because most accounts of working with/for Tom are very positive and it's a little diva-ish to have a rule that staff couldn't talk to him. I wonder if he or higher ups did it because he was being bothered by people?
Maybe a little diva at the theatre

Interesting :unsure:

Attachments

• Wow
Interesting :unsure:
Yup, that's what I was referring to! Honestly, so many accounts from people are of him being lovely and friendly so my thought is that if he did have a rule it was for his own protection. After all, this person obviously took lots of photos and videos of him without his consent or knowledge, and we know how protective he is. Maybe some of the staff were even fans who took the job on purpose to be close to him. Maybe they made him uncomfortable. I can't see him distancing himself just to be an asshole, I think he must have had a reason and it obviously rubbed this person the wrong way. I'm not saying he's perfect but most people who have worked with him said he is kind 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Yup, that's what I was referring to! Honestly, so many accounts from people are of him being lovely and friendly so my thought is that if he did have a rule it was for his own protection. After all, this person obviously took lots of photos and videos of him without his consent or knowledge, and we know how protective he is. Maybe some of the staff were even fans who took the job on purpose to be close to him. Maybe they made him uncomfortable. I can't see him distancing himself just to be an asshole, I think he must have had a reason and it obviously rubbed this person the wrong way. I'm not saying he's perfect but most people who have worked with him said he is kind 🤷‍♀️
This was the rule( I don‘t understand this)

He or she works for the broadway theaters as a photographer.

Attachments

Is it the same person who said that Tom and Zawe were never affectionate in the theater because they were professionals, but that everyone knew they were an article?

This was the rule( I don‘t understand this)

He or she works for the broadway theaters as a photographer.
I don't think she was working as a photographer for the theater though, according to her bio she is also a photographer but her name is thebroadwayusher so I assumed that was her job? Either way I doubt she had permission to be taking those videos and photos so who knows what the boundaries were with her and the cast.

I'm just saying he tends to have a good reputation so if he wasn't socializing with the staff he may have had a reason- for all we know there may have been an obsessive fan who got a job there.

Is it the same person who said that Tom and Zawe were never affectionate in the theater because they were professionals, but that everyone knew they were an article?
Yup same person, a little while ago someone asked if Tom and Zawe were affection while rehearsing and she said no they were always professional but people just "knew" they were together. Not sure what that means but she didn't give more details. I'm not surprised that they weren't affectionate though, when it comes to his theater stuff he seems to take it suuuuper seriously, like maybe even too seriously sometimes. But that's his right as an actor I guess.

Everything this source says contradicts everything that has been said during the Betrayal period about Tom and the team,
I can't imagine Tom telling Zawe that he's very loving, don't be right now because we're professionals.

Everything this source says contradicts everything that has been said during the Betrayal period about Tom and the team,
I can't imagine Tom telling Zawe that he's very loving, don't be right now because we're professionals.
Not sure, I agree they don't seem like the most straightforward source of information. I'm curious how everyone knew that they were together if they didn't show it- maybe someone asked another cast member? Or they always arrived and left together? Not sure, confusing though.

This is just..all kinds of adorable. And doesn't seem like a man who would refuse to talk to staff, just saying:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
This majorly surprised me because most accounts of working with/for Tom are very positive and it's a little diva-ish to have a rule that staff couldn't talk to him. I wonder if he or higher ups did it because he was being bothered by people?
This sound pretty realistic to me. I obviously don't know the guy, but it doesn't sound right that he didn't want people to talk to him. From all that we've heard or read in the past, he is not that kind of celebrity. Probably someone from his management decided to prevent potential mishaps. Mind please that I am not insinuating the nature of a mishap, just saying it in general. Probably management created a new image of him and they don't want it spoiled.

Everyone has an off day. But can't see him being anything but nice. Only way I could see it being a requirement not to talk to him was he was preparing for a role, I know Winona Ryder saying about cast on a film being told not to speak to her so she could prepare for a role, I think Natalie Portman too

I will digress here a bit (as I often do). I finally came back home yesterday evening and I managed to watch the MCM panel on full screen, not on my phone and a couple of things I noticed (and I really think that person you are talking about either met Tom at a bad day - cos everybody has one - or he just asked not to be disturbed during rehersals....the problem is that when you get the "nice guy" label, it is a bit hard to get rid of that one as well and everybody expects you to be a shiny rainbow all the time)

Few points from the video:
Jonathan was starstruck by Tom. It was obvious and we tend to forget he is really younger than Tom in age and carreer.
Tom loves Loki. Period. Everytime he talks about him, his eyes shine, he is driving force behind the character and the show.
Him and Sophia have a great relationship. You can see the glances they keep exchanging.
Sophia mentioning Tom running around. We know he tends to do that, refering back to the love for the material.
Tom and his "I have to name every single person who worked on this because God forbid I would take some credit" :D
Owen and Tom seemed to have developed a real friendship. It is not unusual but these tend to end when the filming ends.
If you are not a complete asshole, you keep in touch and meet here and there but this seems to be beyond that. Probably because of the intense pandemic time? The way Tom touched his chest when he was talking about Owen would suggest that.
I love Owen and I would have never thought he would be at the MCU and working with Tom. My life is complete :D

Both Tom and Sophia must have been incredibly anxious teenagers. Tom always being hard on himself, Sophia probably unhappy about how she looked....good for them now (I think we can judge from it that Tom tends to have some anxiety issues until now? Would make sense with him disappearing from a public eye from time to time. I know Sebastian Stan is also very shy. Maybe Tom had his "good times" somewhere between 2011 and 2016, maybe because he buried himself to work a bit? And then got worse....but it is just a theory I have.)

Tom playing with his hair while thinking about the answer is a new thing and is incredibly cute. He is shaved so he probably couldn¨t play with his beard anymore :D
Also, why is he shaved and he does seem to be a bit more buffed which makes me wonder if he is just changing looks or if he is preparing for filming.
Sophia´s pregnancy is further down than we thought so maybe the filming may start sooner? Sophia suggested 2022 for S2 (filming or streaming, we don´t know) so it is a good thing.
Jonathan with his "pull up your pants and wear a belt" was too funny. I often say kids these days will run naked one day with the pants under their knees :D

The pantomime about season 2 was funny. They seemed all a bit nervous in the beginning (did I hear Tom´s voice shaking a bit in the beginning?) but the interviewer was really great (however her accent was very strong! :D ) so the managed to relax.

And I am generally very happy we got that one in full, some new photos as well and that Tom seems happy and well. I am just so glad Loki worked out the way it did. Few freaky fans and twitter hate aside, he can be proud and the people in the room loved him. Him showing up later for the photo at cosplay was great as well.
I got exactly what I wanted from the MCM (except that I couldn´t be there! :D ), and more. Let´s hope he won´t go into a mole mode again for a few weeks now (he probably will but what do we know)! :D

Reactions: 7
Everyone has an off day. But can't see him being anything but nice. Only way I could see it being a requirement not to talk to him was he was preparing for a role, I know Winona Ryder saying about cast on a film being told not to speak to her so she could prepare for a role, I think Natalie Portman too
yes when people say things about celebs being really rude to them ( especially when they are the only ones saying it) I do wonder if they have barged into them while they were walking the dog or interrupted them during a meal out of something and they've been told to shoveoff