Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

yupps

Chatty Member
There’s a video, (which of course I can’t find) with Tom lined up with the Avengers at some event connected with IW. He is joking around with Elizabeth Olsen and making faces as he does so. She is dying with laughter. I thought - that’s the way he is behind the scenes. I’m sure he still behind the scenes is more like the glimpse we had before it all came crashing down. Maybe someday he’ll let us see that again. But not anytime soon, I suspect.

Reactions: 5

db131

VIP Member
There is a huge problem with 'performance activism' in the West- people who protest things so they can say they are socially aware on Social media but then don't do anything to help solve those issues themselves- pull down statues to slave owners from a hundred years ago but don't know anything about modern slavery and don't question how they can get their nails done for £3 or who is smuggling their line of Coke onto their dinner table. Or go on climate change marches, dump their litter everywhere and then decide to go skiing and backpack their way round the Far East. Its all part of that. $3 a day can make a massive difference to reducing infant mortality in the poorest countries. I think they would rather have clean running water than worry about White Saviors.
Exactly, people see social activism a lot of times as an act to make themselves look better and improve their image, but many of these celebs actually do so much good. I’m actually of the mindset that if they are doing it for their image and still getting good work done, then who cares? As long as it’s helping who cares if they benefit. But some people really just long to attack Hollywood and today’s culture is so sensitive about every little thing it’s so easy to cast judgment on people.

One thing that pissed me off so much was after Tom’s speech someone sarcastically tweeted “I wish we all that the courage of these actors to film shows about third world nations” (I’m paraphrasing) but al these people liked it and I just thought to myself ummm The Night Manager did actually film in some of those places and Tom visits regularly to help out, putting himself in the line of fire. People don’t even bother to look deeper into things they just want to hate on someone rich and good looking.

I also do truly believe that the Taylor Swift thing didn’t help- once that happened people got it in their heads that he wasn’t above doing things for his image so all of his good work became one more PR move to benefit himself in their eyes.

On what photo exactly do you refer?

This?

View attachment 847812

If you mean this one, it isn't the best photo. In it he looks older, not too enthusiastic, and please don't throw something at me but he looks like person who's been through lot. I don't know him, I won't even assume stuff about him, but in recent paparazzi photos he looked like something is wrong in his life.
People always say "he just got older", but to me he got visibly order very fast in the last couple years. Ok, he looks like a 40yo man, but a few years ago he was still more boyish. Secondly, the eyes. He always had more (I don't know if that's the right word in english) droopy eyes? But they were happy droopy eyes, now they are sad droopy eyes. And lastly, please don't hate me for this, he's not so groomed as he used to be. Maybe I'm just not a fan of the whole "professor Hiddleston" look, but back in the day, during interviews and events, he always looked like a shiny new penny, hair, face, tailored suits, elegant, clean shoes, very sharp. Now... he somehow looks to me like he doesn't care or gave up. You know, two sweaters with holes in them and so on. Maybe it's a very consious choice, but still 🤷‍♀️

Love Zendaya 😍. I just rewatched the first Tom Holland Spider-man with my son and told to my husband how I love the way MJ character was adapted and was soooo much better in a effort to not portray female love interests exclusively as the damsel in distress. I love how my 5yo thinks she’s cool and smart.

Eli Bean

I was not prepared for that. Whoever gets to have sex with him, whether it’s she who will not be named, MM, Luke, or some random woman we’ve never heard of, they are VERY lucky. I wonder if he’s a dom or a sub. I know a lot of people think he seems dominant but I actually think the opposite 😂
Long time lurker here! I've been trying to catch up on these forums and it took me forever. I did hear somewhere there is a radio interview where he admits to being a switch. I could 100% see this. I actually have a lot of insite from working on sets and with actors like Tom. Your conversations have been very interesting to see how the other world perceives actors Lives!

Jara

VIP Member
Jonathan Majors is also attending the London Comic Con....now don't tell me it is a coincidence....maybe they will make at least some official announcement regarding Loki show or something from MCU....and in the meantime, I will be stuck at some stupid overpriced German con where only the thought about meeting Claudia Christian keeps me from falling into depression....

• Wow

Desdemona25

Am I the only one who finds this even sexier than if he had posted a selfie or something like that? It's getting so much attention already since he posts so infrequently- he's trending on twitter. And Mark Ruffalo liked his post :love:
I share your opinion.

yupps

Chatty Member
She doesn’t but people have already made up their minds and I’m not going to argue how illogical it is anymore. Hell maybe they’re right! I also know that she gets at least some information from a source that I happen to believe is a complete nutter so I’m going to take it with a grain of salt.

This is probably also true but based on the arguments I see for it, I’m going to go ahead and say that no one on here knows anything about T or Z, on either side of the argument. It’s all just speculation on both sides.
I agree that my feeling that Z was also at the African art fair was a speculation, but I think it is founded on a very strong likelihood- especially since an artist from the fair followed Z on IG last night. I am not connected to either T or Z but like seeing them together as I am a fan of T and want him to be happy (and it did seem as if he was not happy for a few years after Hiddleswift and the GG awards). I also know of the “complete nutter” @db131 refers to and I would suggest a full carton of salt before believing said source.

Anyway, looking forward to the content next week!

LetMeRamble

VIP Member
I've been a production assistant and wardrobe on a couple of big movies. I've worked in TV as well. While I havn't worked with Tom I do know people that have. lol I actually made a list of things I wanted to point out but I know you guys don't want to talk about Z anymore so i'm not sure exactly what I should be posting.
If you have tea to spill, just do so. I mean, this thread today has been slow as fuck so any topic is a good topic.
And cool, you have the same background as me...If your stories are anything like the ones I have, then things might get spicy up in tattle!

• Haha
Thanks girls - I’ll arrive around 10am there and will report as soon as I see him.

I am not dressing up - I’m going by myself and didn’t thought of anything so I’m just going as me, the professor 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart

db131

VIP Member
Good morning everyone- have you taken your vitamins? Are you ready for vegetable breakfast? Any last words?
Centrum.png

• Haha

Jara

VIP Member
Just FYI I am at Comic Con Prague and there are so many Loki cosplays, it is insane. And I mean Tv show...which we don't even * officially* cannot see here because we don't have D+.... so it makes me happy. Also I had no idea crowds like this still exist!

beveta

Chatty Member
He was very aware, she even included some of those snarky comments on a stand up show, allegedly.
Honestly, this is second hand stale gossip as I'm talking about something from 2016-ish and I'm not even part of that fandom, though something I was told and googled about.

https://www.celebitchy.com/487031/i...ris_evans_baby_or_does_she_just_have_the_flu/

I hate HATE the collective misconception that all you have to aspire in life, in your late 30s and being a woman, is getting married and contribute to the overpopulation of the world. Society tries to put, women mostly, in such a tight box, I don't fit in that nor do a lot of people.
Don't take me the wrong way, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with wanting marriage and kids, the ladder actually I'm not opposed to, but it irks me to my core that so many people want Thomas to settle down just because he is 40.
I'm ranting, I know I am, but come on! Who are we to dictate what another human wants to do with their goddamn life. It's no ours to live, we have no say in it nor we are supposed to feel entitled to deliberately misconstrued their lives based on our personal conception of what we expect OUR lives to be and project that on to others.

Zawe said she wanted kids. Thomas said he wanted kids. Whether that's still the case or how or when they are to come about having said offspring is for them to decide.
I just find it funny that some people, not here thank goodness, are pushing the narrative and the need for a Hiddles-Baby as their lives depended on it.

End off rant....I'mma go hide in my dark bachelorette corner, well past my mid-30s, day drinking and flustered

View attachment 844775
And in addition, we must not forget that the desire to have children may only been said because it sounds nice and is good for the image.

Jara

VIP Member
I am sure there will be questions like: "What is your favourite Shakespeare play?" and Tom, being Tom, will say: "That is a really great question!" :D

• Haha

LetMeRamble

VIP Member
Don’t we all?? I just keep thinking of him with his wax figure in the Josh Horowitz interview- it really doesn’t look like him, it looks like a melting Matthew Mcconaughey.
That reminded me of this:
1634226558596.png

They repurposed another statue, have they not?
HOW IS THAT THOMAS?!?!?!
FFS!

1634226608211.png

It looks like Adam Levine-ish

• Haha
For what it's worth, I came across few tiktoks of people talking about how their experience with meeting him at the London Comic Con was and they were all head over heals. He was kind, considerate, took time, effort, remembered people if they took a photo or an autograph the day before, the smiling, the eye contact. Of course it's his job and he's uberprofessional, but he could do the bare minimum (smile, say hi, thank you, next) and that would be perfectly ok, but he definately made it worth the money. And for me that's the best indication of what kind of human he is.

Last edited:

db131

VIP Member
Pardon my ignorance....I thought they broke up a long time ago :D
The last time I heard about Freddie Prinze Jr was him complaining about Kiefer Sutherland not giving him enough screentime on "24" (which was Kiefer´s show.... :D ) He was basically the only actor to complain about Kiefer ever on the show so I kind of went into ignoring the guy *shrugs* I don´t think anything bad about him, just kind of...it made me a bit "yeah, well..." about him :D

However, this is a nice idea and if they are still together, then good for them. Showbusiness relationships are pretty rare, especially when they get married young.
Still together! Married for almost 20 years with two kids now. I never heard that about 24 but I love Kiefer so it sounds like Freddie was being a diva. He’s also not a very good actor, but as a couple they are very sweet together and yes, showbiz relationships are very rare and usually don’t last for very long- I think Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson are the exception.

A Loki fan account posted this adorable video of a little boy dressed as Alligator Loki:
D9B2FB63-DD5E-4147-A12C-85C5E4E99EBC.png

• Heart