Tom Hiddleston #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For what I heard, at least the SDCC, does have top notch security so I wouldn't be worried about their safety.
Morons will always be the loudest, that's just a rule I'm sorry that all of them had and still to this day HAVE to endure the eternal loops of a spark-less mind when it comes to Loki as a TV show. Like I said earlier, there are some directorial resources that Herron used that I'm not particularly a fan of but there is a HUGE difference from that and feeling the need to scream your head off because Loki wasn't made GAY enough or it is because of Sylvie that Mobius and Loki didn't become headcanon.
I just hope that, whoever is keeping the mic on for the questions, has Usain Bolt speed reflex to mute whoever gets off script.

Oh yeah! This is going to be, probably, the toughest shoes to fill since Connery. This, partially, is why I don't want Thomas to be Bond. The guy has been through enough scrutiny already and even if he does an stellar job, he probably will still be compared and shred to pieces.
The mic usually has a remote switch (as someone forgot to turn the mic on for me as I was first one to ask a question at a comic con before Covid) but given with Covid questions may have to be submitted before going in rather than passing the mic around. I think you're right it will be difficult shoes to fill as Daniel changed Bond. Not saying Tom's not up for a challenge but not sure he could handle the scrutiny

The mic usually has a remote switch (as someone forgot to turn the mic on for me as I was first one to ask a question at a comic con before Covid) but given with Covid questions may have to be submitted before going in rather than passing the mic around. I think you're right it will be difficult shoes to fill as Daniel changed Bond. Not saying Tom's not up for a challenge but not sure he could handle the scrutiny
for Hiddleston to play Bond it would be too significant a side step away from the typical machismo of Bond. He is too boyish in appearance and whilst not a criticism more an observation he is too camp in his acting without realising - a bit too thespy and not the kind of authenticity coupled with some sensitivity we have seen in recent Bonds. If it’s his ambition still I’d be surprised. Not a good fit IMHO. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

Reactions: 3
For what I heard, at least the SDCC, does have top notch security so I wouldn't be worried about their safety.
Morons will always be the loudest, that's just a rule I'm sorry that all of them had and still to this day HAVE to endure the eternal loops of a spark-less mind when it comes to Loki as a TV show. Like I said earlier, there are some directorial resources that Herron used that I'm not particularly a fan of but there is a HUGE difference from that and feeling the need to scream your head off because Loki wasn't made GAY enough or it is because of Sylvie that Mobius and Loki didn't become headcanon.
I just hope that, whoever is keeping the mic on for the questions, has Usain Bolt speed reflex to mute whoever gets off script.
I agree, there are always going to be hordes of vocal stupid people and those who agree with them. And I’m not saying they don’t have the right to dislike something but the way they’re turning it all into some sort of personally offensive social justice argument, and then bullying someone over it is so hypocritical. The argument of “this representation is harmful to me so I will send you verbal abuse until you comply” is just…I can’t get behind that “logic”.

Do I think marvel should be much further along in their representation of queer characters? Definitely considering the times. But they’re not, they’re affiliated with Disney and honestly small steps are better than no steps. I also fully disagree that somehow fans were “owed” a gay relationship because Loki is canon bi. That’s not how bisexuality works, he is clearly attracted to and sexually involved with both genders but he has thus far only been romantically interested in one person. I don’t love Sylvie either but man these people are entitled. Sorry, end rant.

All these fans forget something Tom was an active part of the series at all times, it was not just Kate's idea, Tom and she worked together on the edition, Tom told what he wanted from Loki and Tom also wanted the Love story with Sylvie, if they only listened to Tom they would understand what he does and says!

Reactions: 2
Hello. I'm new here and read through the thread.

I see the conversation has moved on but there are a few things I noticed that I don't want to keep to myself.

I also asked myself the arm question and it should be noticeable. If they have held hands at all, you don't see it properly in the photo
They didn't. If you brighten up that photo that was taken as proof, the pixels are just not there. You cannot see where their hands are exactly.
HOWEVER, there is another photo of her in bright light, where her arm positioning is exactly as in that photo and you can clearly see that her left hand rests on her right arm! (seen from her perspective)

Somebody also claimed elsewhere on the internet that her hands were intertwined while being photographed on the red carpet. They were not.
The fingers that they imagined to be Tom's were her hands.

So they want to keep their relationship private but her fans' eagerness to see things that were not there created all those stories in the tabloids and magazines. Well done. Not. IF Tom does not want their relationship to go public, than everybody, including that woman, are not respecting his boundaries.

She's pretty good at creating images and illusions, I give her that.

A long time ago I watched a British crime story on tv. I think it was with Sir Peter Ustinov. While investigating it was said that somebody came from a ship. Meaning get off a ship. However, in the end it turned out that they only saw him coming from the direction of the ship. That person had never been on that ship. This tought me that I have to be very careful about what I am actually seeing and what I'm adding.

Her fans have added A LOT! And she is constantly playing with this.

In the photo from the New York subway she's grinning at Tom, facing the camera, able to see that a photo is taken. Tom is facing away from the camera, his phone in his hand that he was looking up from or down to, whatever. He couldn't see that a photo is taken and his face looks pretty normal, not particularly happy but also not particularly sad.

In the photo from the restaurant in Atlanta she's grinning at him, facing the camera, being able to see that a photo is taken. Tom is facing away from the camera, apparently talking to the people they are sitting with at the table. He's busy talking, doesn't look particularly happy or sad, concentrating on what he's saying, as far as one can see from seeing him from the side.

In the Ibiza photos the “frolicking in the water” show was not initiated by sudden affections towards Tom while almost drowing swimming but by somebody that she saw along the beach. At one point they both look into the direction of the photographer, she looks back over her left shoulder with a sudden huge grin plastered over her face which remains while she looks at Tom, Tom approaches her, she approaches him, they seem to talk while he looks in the direction she was looking at before she turned her head back towards him, then she’s on top of him, keeps up the known adoring smile, then they get out of the water, Tom is aroused but the faces are back to what they were before. The whole batch of photos on JustJared is worth looking through to form your own opinion, not just based on what HER fans and the tabloids fed you with.

And so on. I’ll not post the rest I wrote. It’s too much.

Only one more thing:
Tom is very reactive to other people. In some photos taken on the red carpet he looks happier than in others. The happiest photos of him on the red carpet with the cast were taken by a very nice and open photographer.

Ow, I’ve just looked what the conversation has moved to. The usual condescending rants directed towards others that one can also read elsewhere on the internet. I’ll post this anyway…

• Heart
Reactions: 4
All these fans forget something Tom was an active part of the series at all times, it was not just Kate's idea, Tom and she worked together on the edition, Tom told what he wanted from Loki and Tom also wanted the Love story with Sylvie, if they only listened to Tom they would understand what he does and says!
Their excuse is that Tom is a precious flower who is just exploited and cannot speak for himself. And they use Tom´s "They used about 5% of my ideas" line he said to justify it (because he is pretty modest and it is obvious he had a big word in the creative process). I personally loved the show from the most part but I disliked The Falcon and the Winter Soldier from the other D+ shows but I am not going to harass the creators for it. I think some of those crazies just wanted Loki to be back to their early version of a misunderstood kid, who happens to have a gay relationship with Mobius. Because being Bi apparently means you just need to have a male love interest because in their fan fiction stories, that is always the case.
Like, seriously, some of those are just disturbed invidividuals who don´t care for a representation, just for their fan fiction fantasies to become a reality.
I know there are some crazy fandoms, where fans cannot separate fiction from a reality but nothing really happened at any conventions members of these fandoms were present, so I hope it will be the case here as well. I mean, sure, if they ask politely but some of them really seem to live and breath the hate. Don´t they have something better to do with their lives?
I don´t think they are going to attack anybody physically, but Tom is very proud about the show and its success (because really, from 90%, it was well received by fans and critics) and I am sure he is aware that, as with any other project, there are people who disliked it but not sure if he is aware of those nutjobs. If not then poor Sophia will probably tell him as she seems to be the target of these hate tweets.

Reactions: 1

I see the conversation has moved on but there are a few things I noticed that I don't want to keep to myself.

They didn't. If you brighten up that photo that was taken as proof, the pixels are just not there. You cannot see where their hands are exactly.
HOWEVER, there is another photo of her in bright light, where her arm positioning is exactly as in that photo and you can clearly see that her left hand rests on her right arm! (seen from her perspective)

Somebody also claimed elsewhere on the internet that her hands were intertwined while being photographed on the red carpet. They were not.

So they want to keep their relationship private but her fans' eagerness to see things that were not there created all those stories in the tabloids and magazines. Well done. Not. IF Tom does not want their relationship to go public, than everybody, including that woman, are not respecting his boundaries.

A long time ago I watched a British crime story on tv. I think it was with Sir Peter Ustinov. While investigating it was said that somebody came from a ship. Meaning get off a ship. However, in the end it turned out that they only saw him coming from the direction of the ship. That person had never been on that ship. This tought me that I have to be very careful about what I am actually seeing and what I'm adding.

In the photo from the New York subway she's grinning at Tom, facing the camera, able to see that a photo is taken. Tom is facing away from the camera, his phone in his hand that he was looking up from or down to, whatever. He couldn't see that a photo is taken and his face looks pretty normal, not particularly happy but also not particularly sad.

In the photo from the restaurant in Atlanta she's grinning at him, facing the camera, being able to see that a photo is taken. Tom is facing away from the camera, apparently talking to the people they are sitting with at the table. He's busy talking, doesn't look particularly happy or sad, concentrating on what he's saying, as far as one can see from seeing him from the side.

In the Ibiza photos the “frolicking in the water” show was not initiated by sudden affections towards Tom while almost drowing swimming but by somebody that she saw along the beach. At one point they both look into the direction of the photographer, she looks back over her left shoulder with a sudden huge grin plastered over her face which remains while she looks at Tom, Tom approaches her, she approaches him, they seem to talk while he looks in the direction she was looking at before she turned her head back towards him, then she’s on top of him, keeps up the known adoring smile, then they get out of the water, Tom is aroused but the faces are back to what they were before. The whole batch of photos on JustJared is worth looking through to form your own opinion, not just based on what HER fans and the tabloids fed you with.

Only one more thing:
Tom is very reactive to other people. In some photos taken on the red carpet he looks happier than in others. The happiest photos of him on the red carpet with the cast were taken by a very nice and open photographer.

Ow, I’ve just looked what the conversation has moved to. The usual condescending rants directed towards others that one can also read elsewhere on the internet. I’ll post this anyway…
I think you bring up some great points, yes some of them we touched on in previous pages but you've put a lot of depth to them

A bit of trivia for you all (that you probably already know):

Attachments

Only one more thing:

Welcome
I agree with you with the water pictures. If you look closely, you can see it "so now we have to swim to each other so that it becomes romantic". Well, let's leave it at that. Stants always see only what you want to see.

I also fully disagree that somehow fans were “owed” a gay relationship because Loki is canon bi. That’s not how bisexuality works, he is clearly attracted to and sexually involved with both genders but he has thus far only been romantically interested in one person. I don’t love Sylvie either but man these people are entitled.
Quite frankly? The only people that I read ranting about this Lokius ship or whatever was in Tumblr but what else is new? 90% of the fictions written over there are overly sexualized homosexual partnerships and that's just not only for the Loki fandom. For some reason, they all want to push the head-cannon homosexual discourse and that just irks me a bit.
I digress here to an extent....though Thomas's role as EP gave him the power to get his opinion across, I fail to see how much inherence it may have had, script wise. I think that whether it was Sylvie or Alligator Loki, the whole idea behind a romantic relationship with a version of himself spoke more about the idea of loving oneself rather than the incestuous tint some people may have given to it. Hope that makes some sense.

Only one more thing:

You made some good points and have expressed in detail what we discussed a few pages back. Unfortunately, and due to my poor attention span, you lost me at the comparison with the crime doc you've seen and now the only thing I could think of is Tom's face while almost drowning.
I think is safe to say that we all, to some extent, twist the narrative to fit our personal beliefs. Maybe on purpose, maybe because we are regurgitating information that we saw online and interpreted as such.
From my personal perspective, I did not see any hand holding nor anything like that. The fact that they didn't walk the red carpet together still makes me tilt my head in disbelief. I still find THEM odd as a couple and their behaviour on camera only cements that for me.

Their excuse is that Tom is a precious flower who is just exploited and cannot speak for himself.
I swear to God if I read one more time the words Thomas and Delicate Flower in a sentence together, I'mma perform a self-lobotomy with a chopstick.
Do people online, not referring to you @Jara here, think that a 40 year old man who's balls already dropped a long time ago doesn't have the nerves to defend himself / his opinions? HONEST QUESTION!

I swear to God if I read one more time the words Thomas and Delicate Flower in a sentence together, I'mma perform a self-lobotomy with a chopstick.
Do people online, not referring to you @Jara here, think that a 40 year old man who's balls already dropped a long time ago doesn't have the nerves to defend himself / his opinions? HONEST QUESTION!
:D :D Please, don´t do anything to harm yourself :D I used that term for this purpose, yes because some fans obviously think he is a poor guy who is exploited from everybody but is too nice to say something.
I love Tom, I really do and I like how he is nice to his fans, how he is obviously a good guy to work with but I am not going to pretend he is some sort of a poor guy, too naive for a showbiz or something and that he is going to breakdown when someone says something bad to him. He is a grown up man, and i think some of these Loki fans think exactly the way you suggest. Not sure why but I did read some of that stuff on tumblr (which is probably a nest for some of these). He definitely knows what he wants, he is ambitious and goes for it. You cannot succeed in this business without certain things, you can still be nice and decent but still have showbusiness spirit where you just know what you want. You cannot just work on the talent itself, it is the sad truth. He definitely knows that. Now let´s wait and see where it leads his carreer in following year or two.

Last edited:
Quite frankly? The only people that I read ranting about this Lokius ship or whatever was in Tumblr but what else is new? 90% of the fictions written over there are overly sexualized homosexual partnerships and that's just not only for the Loki fandom. For some reason, they all want to push the head-cannon homosexual discourse and that just irks me a bit.

I digress here to an extent....though Thomas's role as EP gave him the power to get his opinion across, I fail to see how much inherence it may have had, script wise. I think that whether it was Sylvie or Alligator Loki, the whole idea behind a romantic relationship with a version of himself spoke more about the idea of loving oneself rather than the incestuous tint some people may have given to it. Hope that makes some sense.

You made some good points and have expressed in detail what we discussed a few pages back. Unfortunately, and due to my poor attention span, you lost me at the comparison with the crime doc you've seen and now the only thing I could think of is Tom's face while almost drowning.
I think is safe to say that we all, to some extent, twist the narrative to fit our personal beliefs. Maybe on purpose, maybe because we are regurgitating information that we saw online and interpreted as such.
From my personal perspective, I did not see any hand holding nor anything like that. The fact that they didn't walk the red carpet together still makes me tilt my head in disbelief. I still find THEM odd as a couple and their behaviour on camera only cements that for me.

I think the crime drama reference meant it was staged to look like something else. If you go back a few pages I asked whether Zawe's name was on the seat as it was discussed on another forum saying no it wasn't. All I know is at the start of the awards she wasn't sat there, then later on she was. YellowOrangeBlue brings up some good points and yes I do agree.

Only one more thing:

Welcome! We debate this stuff on here a lot. The fact is yes there will always be people who see things that aren’t there, and people who dismiss things that are there or try to view it differently.

I won’t argue any of these points because everything you said is pretty much accurate but I think open to interpretation. I don’t like the interpretation that people seem to have that Zawe is this calculated person who is trying to show fans certain things and Tom is oblivious. To me it plays into this sexist stereotype where he is this poor man put upon by a desperate woman and that just doesn’t fit.

At the end of the day we all see things the way we want to see them, and we always welcome open dialogue on this forum. I’m not sure whether these observations are you saying that they are fake or that they’re real but not happy together? I will maintain my stance that they are perfectly fine and people read into it what they want- I also agree overzealous supporters add things that aren’t there to make them seem more romantic- I spoke about it a few pages back, especially at the Tony’s.

I think the crime drama reference meant it was staged to look like something else. If you go back a few pages I asked whether Zawe's name was on the seat as it was discussed on another forum saying no it wasn't. All I know is at the start of the awards she wasn't sat there, then later on she was. YellowOrangeBlue brings up some good points and yes I do agree.
I’m sorry I just have to clarify this because it’s not accurate. Zawe was sitting with him from the beginning- no idea whether she was supposed to sit there or he requested it. Then in between the two parts of the ceremony she got up for whatever reason and a seat filler was there. There is seriously nothing nefarious about it.

The last thing I want to do is start a debate about any of this- I was actually very happy when we had stopped talking about it and moved on, but whenever it gets brought back up I get frustrated because I just don’t get the argument that people are trying to make about them. Somehow there are arguments for them being fake and staged, and also arguments about them not being in love and Tom looking uncomfortable and them not being touchy feely enough. Those arguments contradict each other so my question whenever this comes back around is- what exactly do you think is going on and why is it so hard for people to just accept them and move on? And then of course I get a sarcastic reply saying we get it Tom loves her so much let’s not talk about it anymore 😂

I appreciate that even though you and I disagree that you say the same thing I do which is that we all interpret things differently based on our personal biases or sometimes as you said different information. The handholding is def there/ it’s not great quality but it’s there. Him touching her face lovingly during My Girl did not happen, I watched it several times. I agree that stans sometimes just make stuff up.

Last edited:
And I personally think that....we need Tom to either soon start filming something with some publicity photos to talk about or some promotion for The Essex Serpent or new project for us to talk about, so the name "Zawe" does not appear ever two pages :D

Now, where was I....a Tom and photos! I buried myself a bit into pinterest and found one of my most favourite ones....Tom and the cat, which I approve as a cat person (however I know Tom himself as Bobby at home :D )

Attachments

:D :D Please, don´t do anything to harm yourself :D I used that term for this purpose, yes because some fans obviously think he is a poor guy who is exploited from everybody but is too nice to say something.
I love Tom, I really do and I like how he is nice to his fans, how he is obviously a good guy to work with but I am not going to pretend he is some sort of a poor guy, too naive for a showbiz or something and that he is going to breakdown when someone says something bad to him. He is a grown up man, and i think some of these Loki fans think exactly the way you suggest. Not sure why but I did read some of that stuff on tumblr (which is probably a nest for some of these). He definitely knows what he wants, he is ambious and goes for it. You cannot succeed in this business without certain things, you can still be nice and decent but still have showbusiness spirit where you just know what you want. You cannot just work on the talent itself, it is the sad truth. He definitely knows that. Now let´s wait and see where it leads his carreer in following year or two.
Hahaha I won't, don't worry. At least, not in reality. Metaphorically speaking? I already unlived myself, at least, 4 time since the start of my shift.
One of my favorite methods? Death by a Harakiri with a ball pen! 😝
He most definitely is business savvy and knows exactly where he wants to be and for sure has the means to achieve it!
The fact that people see him as fragile bothers me!

I don’t like the interpretation that people seem to have that Zawe is this calculated person who is trying to show fans certain things and Tom is oblivious. To me it plays into this sexist stereotype where he is this poor man put upon by a desperate woman and that just doesn’t fit.
See? This is bullshit! Like, ok....she could calculate certain things, (I refuse to go back to the Architectural Digest discussion) but the fact that people portray Thomas as the most dumbfuck moron in the world, who's a sandwich short of a picnic, that doesn't notice certain things is a stupid discourse in it on itself.
It takes two to tango, people!
If this is, as I suspect, a PR relationshit THEY ARE BOTH IN ON IT! He is not an idiot and she is not the evil Queen!
I'm so done with the romanticized Disney prince narrative some of his fans live by....Is it too hard to see him as a regular dude with an uncommon job?
Also, and since I'm ranting already, can we PLEASE stop with the narrative that he needed her to save / heal him?
Again, it's playing to the feeble guy that needs to be protected at all cost monologue.

And I personally think that....we need Tom to either soon start filming something with some publicity photos to talk about or some promotion for The Essex Serpent or new project for us to talk about, so the name "Zawe" does not appear ever two pages :D
[...]
I buried myself a bit into pinterest
WE ALWAYS NEED PROOF OF LIFE! hahahaha
Pinterest is the preferred rabbit hole I fall down to every so often!

• Heart
Hahaha I won't, don't worry. At least, not in reality. Metaphorically speaking? I already unlived myself, at least, 4 time since the start of my shift.
One of my favorite methods? Death by a Harakiri with a ball pen! 😝
He most definitely is business savvy and knows exactly where he wants to be and for sure has the means to achieve it!
The fact that people see him as fragile bothers me!

See? This is bullshit! Like, ok....she could calculate certain things, (I refuse to go back to the Architectural Digest discussion) but the fact that people portray Thomas as the most dumbfuck moron in the world, who's a sandwich short of a picnic, that doesn't notice certain things is a stupid discourse in it on itself.
It takes two to tango, people!
If this is, as I suspect, a PR relationshit THEY ARE BOTH IN ON IT! He is not an idiot and she is not the evil Queen!
I'm so done with the romanticized Disney prince narrative some of his fans live by....Is it too hard to see him as a regular dude with an uncommon job?
Also, and since I'm ranting already, can we PLEASE stop with the narrative that he needed her to save / heal him?
Again, it's playing to the feeble guy that needs to be protected at all cost monologue.

WE ALWAYS NEED PROOF OF LIFE! hahahaha
Pinterest is the preferred rabbit hole I fall down to every so often!
Exactly whether it’s real or staged, Tom is not some poor unsuspecting guy that is being preyed upon by a succubus out to use him for money and fame. It’s a viewpoint that is both misogynistic and insulting to Tom.

I do NOT want to start a debate again, we were doing so well! But for the life of me I just can’t understand the theory that they are a pr relationship. It is beyond baffling to me. I can agree that some of the things they’ve done can be seen as odd but they are also imo explained away by very logical explanations. Yet I haven’t seen a logical explanation for why they would be staged and yet…barely stage anything. I don’t want to make you bash your head against the wall but how could they be pr, like how??

• Heart
I do NOT want to start a debate again, we were doing so well! But for the life of me I just can’t understand the theory that they are a pr relationship. It is beyond baffling to me. I can agree that some of the things they’ve done can be seen as odd but they are also imo explained away by very logical explanations. Yet I haven’t seen a logical explanation for why they would be staged and yet…barely stage anything. I don’t want to make you bash your head against the wall but how could they be pr, like how??
I don't bash my head against anything, I prefer more torturous means of unliving myself, like taking my eyeballs out with a rusty spoon. 😝
I think that, for me, it comes from inside knowledge. As I said previously, I used to work in the film / TV industry as a PA while in college and the PR relationships were a common ground for local celebrities in order to, for example:
1) Make them relevant in the media
2) Promote their projects by....playing a romance FOR THE MEDIA
3) Boosting sales
This 'inside knowledge' made me very skeptical when it comes to relationships between two actors or two people who might be in the limelight as 80% of them, tend to be at one point or another based on mutual benefit instead of actual love.
I never said I hold the truth, I always tried to express my opinion from where I stand.
There aren't many of photos of them together, I'll give you that but the ones that are there look...odd.
The other thing I keep thinking about is that, in this day and age, where everyone has a camera on their hands at all times NOBODY and I mean NOBODY saw them and snapped a picture? A side of the NY subway or that vet video or whatever. I get it, they are private but we aren't!!!
Am I expected to believe that they never cross paths with a rabid fan that could have taken a candid on a restaurant, the street, the supermarket?
That, to me, makes this whole thing hard to believe.
Sorry but not really 😬

Oh yeah! This is going to be, probably, the toughest shoes to fill since Connery. This, partially, is why I don't want Thomas to be Bond. The guy has been through enough scrutiny already and even if he does an stellar job, he probably will still be compared and shred to pieces.
Getting back to this...yes, that is my main concern as well. Especially with Tom, who seems to have this "let´s nitpick everything he does" kind of following through the media, throwing a bit of "formerly dated Taylor Swift" thing. But everybody who comes next will get this. Also, maybe, the new guy has been either chosen already and they just like to keep the topic fresh because...any promotion is a good promotion, especially at the time when any new Bond movie is at least 3/4 years away at this point. Or, they will really start to look for the right guy next year after the dust settles. It could work into anybody´s favour because the hype from this movie will die down a bit.
My opinion still stands, I think Tom would be a very different Bond, he could handle the physicality and the charisma of the role (acting is given, Craig had actually some pretty good scenes in the last one) but the time restrains around it are just too much. Even if by some miracle he could juggle the schedule between Bond and the MCU, there would be no time for anything else (of course, if the new Bond movie should come in 3 or more years time, he could be done with Loki at that point, who knows).
But I am still not a fan of that idea. I mean, as you said a few pages back, I don´t care where Tom is, as long as I can see him on the screen in someting new but it would be nice to go for something original. If anything, Loki role was shaped by him and he didn´t need to take it after anybody (at the MCU anyway) but with Bond...it is getting harder and harder with each movie, especially at the time of the social media where every kid with a keyboard thinks his or her opinion is somehow the saint truth of the world. :D
That said, I like what they wrote here because that is exactly what I saw on the Loki show (I was going for more Indiana Jones kind of look but whatever :D )

"Hiddleston had plenty of buzz as the possible next Bond a few years ago before Brocolli shot down those rumors by saying he is "too smug" and not "tough enough". That said, perceptions can change after more than four years — and it was easy to see him wearing a sharp dress shirt on "Loki" while bantering with a female co-star and picture the next 007":

I don't bash my head against anything, I prefer more torturous means of unliving myself, like taking my eyeballs out with a rusty spoon. 😝
I think that, for me, it comes from inside knowledge. As I said previously, I used to work in the film / TV industry as a PA while in college and the PR relationships were a common ground for local celebrities in order to, for example:
1) Make them relevant in the media
2) Promote their projects by....playing a romance FOR THE MEDIA
3) Boosting sales
This 'inside knowledge' made me very skeptical when it comes to relationships between two actors or two people who might be in the limelight as 80% of them, tend to be at one point or another based on mutual benefit instead of actual love.
I never said I hold the truth, I always tried to express my opinion from where I stand.
There aren't many of photos of them together, I'll give you that but the ones that are there look...odd.
The other thing I keep thinking about is that, in this day and age, where everyone has a camera on their hands at all times NOBODY and I mean NOBODY saw them and snapped a picture? A side of the NY subway or that vet video or whatever. I get it, they are private but we aren't!!!
Am I expected to believe that they never cross paths with a rabid fan that could have taken a candid on a restaurant, the street, the supermarket?
That, to me, makes this whole thing hard to believe.
Sorry but not really 😬
Haha I don’t want you spooning out your eyeballs either! Thank you for a very thoughtful answer- I absolutely get where you’re coming from. I will maintain my stance as iM sure you and others will maintain yours. Truthfully I don’t have answers about how or why they have chosen to maintain privacy the way they have- I know other celeb relationships have as well and don’t a good job of laying super low like Benedict, Fassbender, Gosling etc. Maybe they are, I don’t see it but I do see your points.

I’ve noticed when I’m at work I tend to get riled up about things that I don’t care about when I’m at home- maybe Im channeling pent up aggression toward the internet??

I’d better make myself feel better with a picture of Tom carrying a banana:
1F51874D-B522-4FC8-B0DE-5E42B2BB2D65.png

I'm going to hop on here and say it again while ducking lol, I do think their relationship is strange....but not in a PR type way, I think in a very human way that Tom was once more open an affectionate and now is very noticeably reserved and Zawe is very much a touchy, very in love looking type person. Which to me is nit translating well between the two of them. Their body language is very contradictory to what people are going gaga over! Now we all don't know how things are behind closed doors and it's no one's business....I for one really really am rooting for them because they are both very sweet and talented people that seem to love each other on some level. So im all for it....but im just calling it as I see it and I see a major disconnect in how Tom is so aloof and she's lovestruck (can't blame her). That's all I have to say about it.

In regards to the Bond discussion I think he'd make a good one but honestly I think he should stay away from it. I'd love to see him in a comedy, or something that showcases his talent like Coriolanius did! The guy has so much depth but also is so funny and spot on with comedic timing! I think he should branch out and have Marvel in his pocket still!

Also as far as cons go I've been to many and met many of Tom's co-stars and cons can be fun, but they can also be crazy and draining. The Anthony Mackie panel comes to mind with crazy and embarrassing with fans being mean and disrespectful. I personally don't understand the whole Loki controversy (maybe because I'm to old for shipping wars and stupid drama) but I hope that Tom and Sophie don't go through that in London....or he may never do a con again and well hell there goes my chances lol!

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Getting back to this...yes, that is my main concern as well. Especially with Tom, who seems to have this "let´s nitpick everything he does" kind of following through the media, throwing a bit of "formerly dated Taylor Swift" thing. But everybody who comes next will get this. Also, maybe, the new guy has been either chosen already and they just like to keep the topic fresh because...any promotion is a good promotion, especially at the time when any new Bond movie is at least 3/4 years away at this point. Or, they will really start to look for the right guy next year after the dust settles. It could work into anybody´s favour because the hype from this movie will die down a bit.
My opinion still stands, I think Tom would be a very different Bond, he could handle the physicality and the charisma of the role (acting is given, Craig had actually some pretty good scenes in the last one) but the time restrains around it are just too much. Even if by some miracle he could juggle the schedule between Bond and the MCU, there would be no time for anything else (of course, if the new Bond movie should come in 3 or more years time, he could be done with Loki at that point, who knows).
But I am still not a fan of that idea. I mean, as you said a few pages back, I don´t care where Tom is, as long as I can see him on the screen in someting new but it would be nice to go for something original. If anything, Loki role was shaped by him and he didn´t need to take it after anybody (at the MCU anyway) but with Bond...it is getting harder and harder with each movie, especially at the time of the social media where every kid with a keyboard thinks his or her opinion is somehow the saint truth of the world. :D
That said, I like what they wrote here because that is exactly what I saw on the Loki show (I was going for more Indiana Jones kind of look but whatever :D )

"Hiddleston had plenty of buzz as the possible next Bond a few years ago before Brocolli shot down those rumors by saying he is "too smug" and not "tough enough". That said, perceptions can change after more than four years — and it was easy to see him wearing a sharp dress shirt on "Loki" while bantering with a female co-star and picture the next 007":

I thought about whether he would have more time to play theatre between MCU and Bond. MCU and Bond are a good source of income. Daniel Craig also played theatre in between, even on Broadway

I'm going to hop on here and say it again while ducking lol, I do think their relationship is strange....but not in a PR type way, I think in a very human way that Tom was once more open an affectionate and now is very noticeably reserved and Zawe is very much a touchy, very in love looking type person. Which to me is nit translating well between the two of them. Their body language is very contradictory to what people are going gaga over! Now we all don't know how things are behind closed doors and it's no one's business....I for one really really am rooting for them because they are both very sweet and talented people that seem to love each other on some level. So im all for it....but im just calling it as I see it and I see a major disconnect in how Tom is so aloof and she's lovestruck (can't blame her). That's all I have to say about it.

In regards to the Bond discussion I think he'd make a good one but honestly I think he should stay away from it. I'd love to see him in a comedy, or something that showcases his talent like Coriolanius did! The guy has so much depth but also is so funny and spot on with comedic timing! I think he should branch out and have Marvel in his pocket still!

Also as far as cons go I've been to many and met many of Tom's co-stars and cons can be fun, but they can also be crazy and draining. The Anthony Mackie panel comes to mind with crazy and embarrassing with fans being mean and disrespectful. I personally don't understand the whole Loki controversy (maybe because I'm to old for shipping wars and stupid drama) but I hope that Tom and Sophie don't go through that in London....or he may never do a con again and well hell there goes my chances lol!

Hope everyone is doing well :)
So, as far as the LOKI series is concerned, I was not so enthusiastic. But I didn't think Sophie was bad and I follow her on IG and think she's very nice.
By the way, I was just swimming and I remembered that TOM might look so funny in the sea because he might wear contact lenses and have caught the eye of salt water. Which is unpleasant.

Last edited: