Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You would have had access to it for free through Sky, no?
I don't think access to it all, just what they are choosing to show on Eurosport. I might be wrong and just wasted £7, but I couldn't figure it out.

Like I can watch the Dressage, couldn't find it via Sky....

I don't think access to it all, just what they are choosing to show on Eurosport. I might be wrong and just wasted £7, but I couldn't figure it out..
If you've got SkyQ you can get Discovery+ free for a year.

And, not sure how obvious it is, but there are all the extra Eurosport channels at the end of the planner where the BBC coverage used to be (up at the end of the 900s).

I’ve made it home just in time for men gymnastic 😍 Pretty sure this is not live though?

If you've got SkyQ you can get Discovery+ free for a year.

And, not sure how obvious it is, but there are all the extra Eurosport channels at the end of the planner where the BBC coverage used to be (up at the end of the 900s).
Ahhh don't have SkyQ

I’ve made it home just in time for men gymnastic 😍 Pretty sure this is not live though?
Most of the events are definitely not live as Japan is 8 hours ahead of U.K. I watched some gymnastics and swimming today there’s no breaks between athletes/events. I believe the Road Race was live.

Reactions: 1
I’ve just added Eurosport to my Amazon Prime channels for £7. Will cancel it after. Was annoyed this morning when I wanted to watch the gymnastics/swimming heats and BBC was only showing hockey and football.

I’ve just added Eurosport to my Amazon Prime channels for £7. Will cancel it after. Was annoyed this morning when I wanted to watch the gymnastics/swimming heats and BBC was only showing hockey and football.
What’s worse imo is that they have been showing highlights from the same sports a few hours after they were done

I understand some people were working when those sports were on, but I want to see the sports that were on in the early hours of the morning, those which weren’t even shown despite being live or in which GB isn't competing in general

To be fair to them they have ended up showing archery and rowing, along with some non-GB teams but that’s still a very limited selection of sports

I’d love to know if they have free choice in what they can show or if it’s narrowed down to a very small pool of sports

Reactions: 2
I'm so gutted for the athletes as well as us as the audience at home, it's just not the same. I can usually feel the excited vibe that's in the stadium but it's not there. It must be really difficult for those competing as the live audience brings the vibe. I really feel for them all.

Reactions: 3
I really want to watch the Women gymnastic live - so should I stay up late or get up early? Any tips? I’m in proper Olympics mode now

Me too. The time difference is really making watching things difficult
Same. Least we should be OK for Paris, then it's back to a massive time difference for LA. For purely selfish reasons, all Olympic Games should be held in Europe 😂 South Africa would also get my vote, being in the same time zone as us and the African continent deserves to get it at some point!

I really want to watch the Women gymnastic live - so should I stay up late or get up early? Any tips? I’m in proper Olympics mode now
I’ve kind of just accepted that I’ll miss most of qualification because of the time difference. Thankfully the team, all around and apparatus finals are all at a more reasonable time!

Aww lovely moment for lane 8 18 year old Tunisian Swimmer to win gold in 400free, even camera men didnt even think he had a chance and werent focusing on him

Reactions: 5
Hi all, so glad there's a thread for this!

Gutted about the equestrian events not being hugely shown however I understand it's something to do with Discovery paying over $1b for Olympic coverage rights until 2024 so the BBC can only show two events at a time.

Vodafone are offering 6 months free for Discovery+ so worth signing up for if anyone is with them! I can't find any videos of Charlotte & Carl's tests from yesterday but hoping to catch CDJ's today ❤

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.