Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't help but laugh at the speed walking race 🤣 who decided that should be a olympic sport?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Excellent race. It's really impressive how they can do the maths to stay on top of what position they need to be in to get the points they need etc.
I know, it is so tactical. He played it perfectly though, I am so pleased he won. Really nice to see some new talent coming through also with Matt and Jack Carling (Jack seems a bit edgy and will take risks which I love). Matt just seems so smart with his positioning.

Really hope we can pick a few more medals up in the velodrome, I dont think any other events are as exciting for me as the track cycling.

I can't help but laugh at the speed walking race 🤣 who decided that should be a olympic sport?
Honestly I could win that and I have a really dodgy ankle 😂

• Haha
Is anyone else annoyed that the BBC don’t have full rights anymore? I was under the impression that the Olympics are one of the crown jewels of sport that HAD to be shown on terrestrial television? If the games went anywhere else if should have been ITV or Channel Four, NOT Discovery plus which isn’t even on most people’s Sky packages!
A few months ago when discovery plus started all Sky q people got a free year - but my activation code didn’t work. I wasn’t too bothered because it looks like a tit channel - didn’t realise it has the Olympics so I missed out. It’s annoying they went with them like so many major sports events. BBC only have any say in UK events. But it is rubbish you can’t have 24 hour Olympics and see all the lessor known sports live. It will diminish interest in these sports like taking the cricket off free tv did.

Reactions: 4

Can’t believe she wasn’t funded and we haven’t added any athletes in 2020! No wonder track and field isn’t going well!!
He sounds like a thoroughly decent chap. But this is what the lottery money is for - all those adverts we’ve seen recently and turn out they haven’t funded anyone new for a year!

• Heart
Women's pole vault developing into a really good contest after a sloppy start.

Reactions: 1
How do you get into pole vault? It’s not something you can start using little poles over 1m 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think most people have wondered this over the years, me included :ROFLMAO:
I think they start doing athletics as a kid and then get introduced to some of the more exotic field events but I’m sure they’ll talk about it once this is over

Reactions: 2
My other big, olympic related question is how they manage to compete with their nails done!

half of the gymnasts have them done, and we’re not talking short, they look extended… since I’ve just noticed the ROC pole jumped has hers done

Man karate looks so good but I have no idea what’s actually happening

you guys just doing some artistic dancing?

So pleased for Holly! I’ve watched her for a long while now and she’s had some really harsh results over the last few years! Wooo!!!

Reactions: 7
So pleased for Holly! I’ve watched her for a long while now and she’s had some really harsh results over the last few years! Wooo!!!
Agreed, it is so good for her to finally get a medal. She is always there or thereabouts. Hard work pays off.

How do you get into pole vault? It’s not something you can start using little poles over 1m 😂
I think a lot start as high jumpers. Or they're just involved in track and field and give it a go over the years. I'd love to have a crack!

Im enjoying the bouldering. Looks really difficult and no harness!

Edit; they use a harness in some rounds. Still getting my head round how it works.

Last edited:
Im enjoying the bouldering. Looks really difficult and no harness!

Edit; they use a harness in some rounds. Still getting my head round how it works.
The use the harness for the "lead" round which is on the big wall and the speed round. They don't use a harness on the smaller bouldering walls. They tend to be more about solving the puzzle of finding the right path rather than seeing how high you can go.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.