Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They started during the 2012 London ones! Seems only fitting! I love Adam hills and have done for a long time! We can only hope (I don’t see how they won’t)
I watched most of 2012 from behind a pub bar so I never got to see it for London..

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Channel 4 are definitely showing the Paralympics as they’ve been advertising it for a while with the song from Bugsy Malone 😅

Pretty sure Last Leg are doing their shows too as I’m sure they mentioned it at the end of the last series.

An acquaintance of mine is a Para athlete and heading to Tokyo (my clutching at straws claim to fame 🤣) so I’ll be tuning in.

Channel 4 are definitely showing the Paralympics as they’ve been advertising it for a while with the song from Bugsy Malone 😅

Pretty sure Last Leg are doing their shows too as I’m sure they mentioned it at the end of the last series.

An acquaintance of mine is a Para athlete and heading to Tokyo (my clutching at straws claim to fame 🤣) so I’ll be tuning in.
A boy I went to school with is also going so I’ll 100% be looking out for him!

Reactions: 2
I dont like the presenters and commentators on Discovery & Eurosport find them all really irritating. Maybe I prefer the BBC team because they are familiar to me though.

Was nice too Mark Cavendish on Eurosport this morning though I have a real soft spot for him.

Reactions: 1
Is anyone else annoyed that the BBC don’t have full rights anymore? I was under the impression that the Olympics are one of the crown jewels of sport that HAD to be shown on terrestrial television? If the games went anywhere else if should have been ITV or Channel Four, NOT Discovery plus which isn’t even on most people’s Sky packages!
The BBC decided to buy partial rights from Eurosport but it’s basically illegal for more than 200 hours to be shown live.

I watch Eurosport but what annoys me about the BBC is their schedule is really unpredictable so I have no idea what they’re gonna show. Then instead of showing the full event they cut to the studio for pointless discussion but maybe that’s to do with the 200 hours.

Another crash in the velodrome, NL went sideways straight into team GB rider on the higher part of the track.

Anyone watching the race walking?
I can’t take it seriously I’m sorry. I’m sure it’s very athletic but they may as well just run😂😂

Watching the men’s skating final. So exciting. The skateboarding and bmx events have been my favourite to watch this Olympics. So glad they’re a part of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Looks like the gold rush has abated and its going to be more of a trickle as we approach the last few days. Our medal target was revised to between 45 and 70, so we've done well to achieve that, though questions are going to be asked of some of the underperforming sports.

Covid has obviously had a massive effect but in general it has been a good Olympics and plenty of young athletes to give us hope for the future.

Loving the camaraderie and sportsmanship that’s been shown in the skateboarding. Everyone is just so hyped for each other. With other events, the competitors look like they’re about to enter battle, which I understand of course, but it’s refreshing to see a more relaxed approach. I hope they don’t lose that as the event grows.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Looks like the gold rush has abated and its going to be more of a trickle as we approach the last few days. Our medal target was revised to between 45 and 70, so we've done well to achieve that, though questions are going to be asked of some of the underperforming sports.

Covid has obviously had a massive effect but in general it has been a good Olympics and plenty of young athletes to give us hope for the future.
Concerns me the lack of competition and training for young athletes, they have lost so much crucial training.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.