Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow, the grumpy rowers with all the millions thrown at them, now upstaged by a thirteen year old girl on a skateboard :ROFLMAO:
Loving that these more 'urban' sports are doing so well. So many kids will be inspired and skateboarding/BMX is so much more accessible for the vast majority of our teenagers than rowing is.

Reactions: 8
Still internally irritated all these sports have made their Olympic debut before netball (still not even been added to the list) it’s very good they have but when your own sport still isn’t there it’s a little sad 😂

Reactions: 4
Still internally irritated all these sports have made their Olympic debut before netball (still not even been added to the list) it’s very good they have but when your own sport still isn’t there it’s a little sad 😂
Definitely more deserving of a place than golf, in my opinion.

• Haha
What's holding it back? Is it the lack of gender balance? I coach cheerleading which has just been recognised by the IOC, and read that one of the obstacles that might hold us back from competing at the games is that it's primarily a female based sport. I don't know how accurate that is though. Historically in the UK we have struggled to recruit male athletes - a lot of boys who join the sport as kids will leave in their teens as it's not "cool" although I do think they might be attracted back as young adults.

I'm just happy we are recognised for now so I have a legitimate case when people tell me it's not a sport :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3
The velodrome has been a bit ropey this year hasn't it? Team GB hasn't performed like they usually do (good that Laura Kenny and co claimed silver though).

Reactions: 3
Blind Gossip had posted about Simone saying she only did individual instead of group as that’s where the money is and the other girls have performed whilst injured and aren’t making a fuss about it. It seems like this will just add fuel to the fire. Going to check out the documentary someone kindly mentioned above, it’s disgusting what they force people to do.
she won world titles after being hospitalised with a kidney stone.

I really hope this isn’t the end for her, I’d love to see her dominate in Paris at her coaches home olympics

Thrilled that Italy have just won the men’s pursuit! Denmark didn’t deserve to make that final anayway!

Reactions: 10
The show jumping final is a beefy and technical course!

And Cian for Ireland has just gone clear with only one time penalty but his horse has had a nose bleed so I wonder what is going to happen?

Reactions: 1
The show jumping final is a beefy and technical course!

And Cian for Ireland has just gone clear with only one time penalty but his horse has had a nose bleed so I wonder what is going to happen?
No room for error on the course is there! The Japanese guy was fantastic and his horse so beautiful.

Reactions: 2
Seeing the athletes emotions at winning medals, especially first timers, makes me sad that they can’t celebrate the moment with their families. It’s a moment for their parents/family as much as the competitor

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Seeing the athletes emotions at winning medals, especially first timers, makes me sad that they can’t celebrate the moment with their families. It’s a moment for their parents/family as much as the competitor
I just watched the women’s skating and thought all those young girls probably just wanted to hug their parents after competing but couldn’t. Especially after seeing Sky Brown celebrating with her dad. Is he a part of her couching team? Or did they make an exception as she’s only 13? Anyway, was so pleased to see her win a bronze medal especially after falling on her first two runs. I don’t think I would’ve been able to compose myself as well as she did.

Reactions: 1
I just watched the women’s skating and thought all those young girls probably just wanted to hug their parents after competing but couldn’t. Especially after seeing Sky Brown celebrating with her dad. Is he a part of her couching team? Or did they make an exception as she’s only 13? Anyway, was so pleased to see her win a bronze medal especially after falling on her first two runs. I don’t think I would’ve been able to compose myself as well as she did.
I would (hope) that children are able to have a parent there. After everything that’s happened with gymnastics surely a parent needs to travel with them.

Reactions: 6
I watched Diving yesterday and the Chinese athlete who won Gold cried and cried when he won and on the podium which is unusual for them as quite often they are so composed. It took him years be chosen for the team and he achieved 2 Gold medals. Bravo 👏🏼

Reactions: 2
I would (hope) that children are able to have a parent there. After everything that’s happened with gymnastics surely a parent needs to travel with them.
Yeah I’d imagine minors would need a responsible adult/parent/carer with them. Doesn’t seem right otherwise, safeguarding nightmare.

I heard during the skateboarding medal ceremony (still not slept lol) that Sky is in the under 16‘s team GB surfing team and hopes to compete in both surfing and skateboarding in Paris. That girl is super talented!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.